/47g/ - Hitman General

Experimental Edition
Thread for discussion of the Hitman series. Post stories, videos, link your Contracts.

Absolutionfags welcome if they acknowledge the game is the worst since Agent 47. Anti-online fags welcome if they can articulate a reason beyond "WAAAAAAH CAN'T PIRATE IT."

Need suggestions for the OP if this ever becomes a regular thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zzKNflqFY-M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

HONG KONG CYBERPUNK CITY FOR SEASON 2

I would actually kill everyone on Veeky Forums to get a Kowloon Walled City mission set in the final days before it was demolished.

Fuck always online.

Should I play this game

>Anti-online fags welcome if they can articulate a reason beyond "WAAAAAAH CAN'T PIRATE IT."

For retards such as you

>It's not that it requires an internet connection, it requires actual speed or it doesn't function.
>The game does not require online to buy as of January, meaning people without (fast) internet can buy it and get fucked.
>Server maintenance is a thing which is literally at best an inconvenience.
>There are tons of people who despite having perfectly fine internet connections get commonly disconnected for no discernible reason, there are also people in this category who cannot connect at all. Is it the majority? No, but they still exist, the problem still exists.
>The game literally loses most of its value in a few years when they shut the server off, locking everyone out of tons of the games content whether they want to replay it or are buying it for the first time. It is unacceptable to simply erase your SINGLE PLAYER game from time when you are charging money for it.

Now, can we talk about gameplay instead of you people constantly bringing this up? I'm so sick of these bullshit ONLINE ONLY IS LITERALLY PERFECT YOU GUYS posts.

Yes, don't listen to the haters, it's a fun game.

>fast internet.
I'm playing with 250 kb/s Internet in Siberia and I haven't had an issue with it.

Provide a reason that isn't "I can't get it for free."

Yes, it's got a couple of decent moments but it's a shitty Hitman game post Blood Money. It goes on sale for like $5 frequently, so wait until then.

Oh, it's "helpful" guy. Glad to see you made it here to continue shitposting and pretending you're not trying to steer discussion AWAY from the gameplay.

>posting facts in DIRECT RESPONSE to a post, let alone the fucking OP is shitposting and is somehow steering the conversation away from anything, despite there being no conversation and it literally being a response to the OP

Oh great! You're here, shitposter! It's so wonderful to know you're going to derail this general and attack people for common sense and facts.

>tfw night time Marrakesh is atmospheric as hell.
>tfw daytime Marrakesh is rather underwhelming.

It feels so decentralized and something you can't believe in. Like Colorado has multiple worlds within the level that feel connected and full, complete, their own worlds within the world but the Marrakesh daytime embassy-school-market don't bring that same illusion to me.

Is that real time destruction in the enviroment or script? I guess script and not something that is applicable to everything within the level?

Best accident kill?

I still say the switched pistol in the opera house level of Blood Money.

It's hard to see in that webm but that's actually a gas station blowing up.

So is this general going to be free of the retards who attack anyone talking about the game's flaws? I love the new game buy god damn, /v/ is a fucking nightmare right now, the moment you say anything about the game that isn't positive you get set upon by a pack of rabid morons.

Or is this a containment general for those people?

>autist with doublethink raging about always-online when they have games in their steam library.
they are delusional little faggots

This is a general for discussion good and bad, except for the always online "problem."

We've already established that it's only poorfag pirates who can't play the game who have this problem, even literal gulag prisoners have no problem.

Last one I have currently, will make more tomorrow.

Is the game BAD or just misguided? People tell me lot of the good things from Absolution transferred to 2016

>random greentext
>calling an undefined group delusional little faggots
What an odd post.

What does this have to do with anything exactly? Especially gameplay issues? How does a steam library change the game itself?

>except for the always online "problem."
Then why is it in the OP?

>We've already established that it's only poorfag pirates who can't play the game who have this problem, even literal gulag prisoners have no problem.
Except that's literally not true, it's been established otherwise here , on HMF, on the Steam forums (though that's a shithole I don't blame you for not visiting) and on the Square Enix forums.

So what are you talking about?

AAAAAAAAAAAARGH GETTING THE SURGEON SUITE IS HARD WITHOUT BEING JASON PORTAMN AND NOT GETTING IT FROM CHIEF SURGEON

Doing god's work brother.

Misguided. It's an ok game in and of itself but Blood Money was a bunch of big sandboxes while Absolution is a bunch of corridors linking tiny sandboxes, with a terribly shoehorned and heavy-handed story to boot.

Director has access to everything, get his suit if you can.

Make your own thread about doublethink whining about always online instead of spamming this thread you faggot

>doublethink whining about always online
See, here is this random nonsense again, I asked about gameplay issues and you just babble at me and accuse me of spamming the thread when that's literally all you've done here.

>Director has access to everything, get his suit if you can.
Director CAN NOT access the operating theater for some reason and I need to upload kill list to the computer.

I need a surgeon suit but the Portman's surgeon is protected heavily (like 4 guards and 2 doctors) and Chief Surgeon cannot be touched (I need him around)

Nope, I love the game, I mean I guess people don't like the hollywood type story and the closed off nature of the game, but you still have options, people just expected more coming off of Blood Money I guess.

You seem to think that always online is a gameplay issue when it's clearly an issue with you living in the 1990s and using AoL dialup.

WAT

I guess you need to man up and do it the dirty way. If get a bodyguard uniform you can get them out of that gym room by winning a pushup contest.

If I had gone as Jason Portman to the surgeon I could've gotten the surgeon suite but I had to get the kill list and missed my opportunity because I was busy throwing the bitch off the railing as a director

I don't quite know how to proceed

>You seem to think that always online is a gameplay issue
I've never said or implied this, I've said the exact opposite in fact.

>it's clearly an issue with you living in the 1990s and using AoL dialup.
So your argument is I'm a time traveler? How compelling. How do you explain my actual decent internet and playtime in the game then?

Are you seriously going to continue shitposting like this?

You can access the room Portman goes to from outside pretty easily, just run in and take out the surgeon and bodyguard, as long as you're not trying to SA it's incredibly easy. Or go to the room as the Director.

Doesn't Portman's surgeon just hang out in his room after Portman's done there?

That's where I found him, but I might have got there before he moved somewhere else.

>Doesn't Portman's surgeon just hang out in his room after Portman's done there?

Yes but there are 2 guards in the gym
1 guard in the surgeon room
1-2 doctors that watch the surgeon room most of the time
the surgeon itself

the surgeon goes in and out of the room
the bodyguard can be knocked out and put to locker if the guards and doctor from the other room wont watch you

and now I have to wait for the surgeon to come back

savescumming like a pussy

So this IS a shitposting thread where you can't talk about the game? Good start to a general.

Like I said, get a bodyguard disguise and win the pushup contest with the two in the gym and they'll leave, giving you more room to maneuver.

Nah, this is a comfy thread free of whining poorfags, in an utopia that is.

>tfw no gated community game discussion forum where you couldn't enter without 3000 dollar rig and 700/700 internet.

Still waiting for this shitposting to be explained.

You can take out the guard and the surgeon quickly and the push up guards will not notice.

I've done it three times.

However since the game can be inconsistent, why not win the push up contest so they fuck off?

Gated internet communities eventually turn into moderator dictatorships like NeoGAF and SA.

I got the surgeon suite. Reason why I didn't go get a bodyguard suit was because the closest one would be in morgue or in the platform

>Still waiting for this shitposting to be explained.

>/v/ is a fucking nightmare right now
>the moment you say anything about the game that isn't positive
And the people who do this whine about always-online while logged into Steam and playing some game from their rented Steam library practicing doublethinking for millionth Hitman thread in a row and not actually talking about the game.

private tracker irc channels are fine

>Reason why I didn't go get a bodyguard suit
I ment, the reason why I didn't do the push up contest is because I'd need a bodyguard suit for that, and the closest was rather far so I just kept trying to clean the surgeon's room fast enough which worked

>And the people who do this whine about always-online while logged into Steam and playing some game from their rented Steam library practicing doublethinking for millionth Hitman thread in a row and not actually talking about the game.
Even if this was what was happening, it's not what was happening here in this thread, so why are you shitposting about it?

It was a summary about the "/v/ nightmare/"

But it wasn't, the "/v/ nightmare" was talking about you not being able to talk about game mechanics, features, etc. in a less than positive light without being set upon by a pack of retards.

Yes, the "waaah episodic" "waaah shill" people are also part of that nightmare, but they're not what was being referred to as the main point.

They sure as fuck were the 1-2 autist that completely spammed the thread to shit devoid of 0 game discussion and that have kept doing it for most Hitman threads.

So, you're just going to ignore the problem asked about?

What """problem"""?

That some imaginary pirate that doesn't even own the game can't play it because his imaginary bad connection keeps cutting off?

What are you even talking about?

About the faggot in /v/ whining about how always-online is an """""issue"""""

But it is an issue, which has been established and reinforced by fact.

And while I'm not some faggot on /v/, an imaginary person, a pirate, someone who doesn't own the game, someone who can't play the game or someone with an imaginary or even bad connection I can recognize that.

And there comes the doublethink while the same whiners go to their Steam accounts with their rented games yet they don't spam threads of Arma, CoD, etc. about how always-online is an issue

I know you just learned what "doublethink" is in middle school, but that doesn't mean you need to use it all the time.

And where is my "doublethink" exactly? Almost none of the points pertain to Steam, and for that matter none of those games you just listed are always online, hell Steam isn't even always online.

So please, elaborate or stop shitposting.

It perfectly describes your hypocrisy about always online.

>elaborate more
What more do you want? You use always-online DRM service Steam with legally rented, not owned, games and don't make 19,000 threads about it but spam every Hitman thread to shit with whining how muh always online ruins somehow.

My guess is you are just some poorfag pirate that is upset he can't get it for free since you can't even post this

>It perfectly describes your hypocrisy about always online.
Except it doesn't, since there is no hypocrisy and almost EVERY POINT on that list does NOT pertain to Steam.

>You use always-online DRM service Steam
NOT always online, retard. Congratulations.

>with legally rented, not owned, games and don't make 19,000 threads about it
About what? How Steam might stop one day? That's still not relevant to almost EVERY POINT on the list, only the one. You have literally no argument so far.

>but spam every Hitman thread to shit
Nope. Nice lying.

>whining how muh always online ruins somehow.
This isn't even English, ruins what?

>My guess is you are just some poorfag pirate that is upset he can't get it for free since you can't even post this
Holy shit you are retarded. Couple days old, you're not really worth a new cap.

>Couldn't provide anyhting but some shit he picked off from fireden archive
lmoa

>literally giving up since you lost every angle of your argument
I love it, the delicious salt.

>every achievement
>153 hours
Nice Steam Achievment Manager use, friend.

What angle? That you somehow in your great hypocrisy choose Hitman as the game that always online ruins and not the thousands of rented games that Steam holds?

>Actually uses Steam services while whining about the always online DRM
haha the irony

So, because you're shit at the game people can't earn achievements? What?

Explain your nonsense.

You have yet to offer how anything I've said is hypocrisy. The best you've got is "games that aren't always online are always online because I said so" "steam is always online even though it's not but i said it is ha" and "steam is rental, but doesn't have anything to do with all the other reasons always online is bad, so it's not hypocritical but I'll keep saying it is"

All of those have been invalidated multiple times now.

You have shown no hypocrisy. You have shown no argument. You lost every argument you've made thus far.

>You have yet to offer how anything I've said is hypocrisy.
Delusional little faggot.

Yeah steam is not always online because its servers are far more unstable than Hitman's lmao

>So, because you're shit at the game people can't earn achievements?
If you got all achievements in 153 hours you must have been using walkthroughs for everything.

>get BTFO
>d-deulsional faggot!
Jesus Christ, you can't make up how pathetic this shit is.

>random knock on Steam
I never said anything good about Steam, I really don't understand what the fuck you're on about, but since you seem to be completely delusional I'll remind you Steam has an offline mode that allows you to play your games.

Mate, you are so delusional that you use always online DRM service like Steam and not once whine about it but then attack Hitman threads for weeks about it

You are a hypocrite

You can play Hitman offline too.

So your logic is because you can't figure things out no one can? Where do you think the walkthroughs come from?

Actually, what the fuck are you talking about at all? Are you aware of what the achievements unlock conditions are? Like 3 of them are obscure.

>you use always online DRM service like Steam
>a service that is NOT always online
Again, you're the only delusional one here.

>attack Hitman threads for weeks about it
Which I have not done, again, you're delusional at best, lying at worst. Either way you're shitposting.

Why do you think it's okay to just shit up the thread like this? I thought this general was supposed to be getting away from garbage like you're posting?

You can play a stripped down worse version of the game that's missing a ton of content, even key content, sure, but how is that a good thing?

>I thought this general was supposed to be getting away from garbage like you're posting?
Only garbage here are delusional faggots making up """internet problems""" as a reason why always online sucks when it is stable as ever

It's not his fault his Voodoo 2 graphics card can't play The Witcher 3, it's CD Projekt's fault for making the game require modern technology.

>facts are made up
>muh anecdotal evidence is all that matters and the system is literally perfect even though I've admitted it's not pls ignore my hypocrisy
This is so nonsensical. What do you get from shitposting like this? Is this your fetish? Thinking you're mildly irritating someone online when they're just baffled? Are you paid? I don't get it.

>le epic random shitpost that makes no sense and has no relevancy to anything let alone the thread topic
Go back to /v/. We don't need your kind here.

>Are you paid?
SHILL!
SHILL!
The mating call of the jealous pirate.

Your fucking """internet issues""" are made up.

>Are you a shill
No I just don't live in the fucking jungle of Bangladesh with satellite connection you faggot

>if I ignore everything else but pull this one part I can pretend I have an argument
>don't even make an argument
>instead prove yourself even more retarded than before
Jealous of what, dear shitposter?

>after being defeated on every argument literally just resort to "nuh uh"
>start projecting again
Wow. Real winner.

>latest episode first mission
>4 targets

jesus christ i am so bad at this game. I would just scrape by getting 2 targets but 4? this is going to take me a while. it doesn't help that the second I get noticed or anything I have an austic need to reload my save.

>it doesn't help that the second I get noticed or anything I have an austic need to reload my save.
Don't do this.

It's much more satisfying to get that perfect run when you've had them go sideways a bunch of times.

Why not explore and let shit flow? Worry about getting a perfect run once you know the layout.

but don't targets disappear if you fuck up too badly?

Like the dude who's trying to blow up the safe, I could shoot him, but won't that trigger the other 3 to run off?

No, only a couple targets in the game flee and you get a ton of warning for them.

At worst they go into "lockdown" which just means they hang with guards for a couple minutes (or as long as you keep up the action)

>but don't targets disappear if you fuck up too badly?
Most targets have a secure location they go to with more guards once alerted.

You might need to go in shooting to get them, but it's still doable.

So now that the "doublethink" """"""""" shitposter has gone back to /v/

What's your favorite easter egg in the new game? Mine is Ayakashi followed by Wicker Man. Or post older games' EEs.

>I'm the shitposter
>When you keep derailing Hitman threads with always online discussion for weeks
Nice one coposter! Reminder that you don't own the game and can't even post screenshots of it.

Yes you are the shitposter, you derailed the fuck out of this thread with shitposting, not sure what you're trying to deny.

>you keep dereailing Hitman threads with always online discussion for weeks
You're making this up, and have shown nothing to prove it, good job.

>you don't own the game
Yeah, makes perfect sense, which is why I have posted literal fucking proof of my ownership and having played extensively And AGAIN, you are DERAILING this thread, I asked people to talk about the games and you reply with your shitposting.

Fuck back off to /v/ or talk about the game you worthless faggot.

>Couldn't provide a screenshot
My absolute gigasides. Based fucking thirdie "I use GOG/torrents" assmad faggot

Also, since I brought up EEs, I'm the guy who first posted about the motorcycle blend in point in the sauna on /v/. Has anyone made any progress with it? I've found nothing past that so far.

If I provide a screenshot you'll make shit up about how I got it from a video or blah blah blah. Tell you what, tell me what to do in the game, what gear, what room or whatever and I'll get you a fucking screenshot if it will shut you up and the thread can talk about the game without you shitposting.

>Based fucking thirdie "I use GOG/torrents" assmad faggot
Just because you put words in a random order doesn't make it a sentence. I've never mentioned GOG or torrents, and America might be shit but it's not third world. What the fuck are you babbling about, retard?

I for one support /47/. Let's try make this a regular thing folks.

Don't have anything to offer right now except this boring Escalation video.

youtube.com/watch?v=zzKNflqFY-M

TII is a fun escalation

>this much of a triggered poo

>got utterly BTFO
>u-uh t-t-t-t-t-triggered! WAAAAH
Again, you can't make this shit up.

>I for one support /47/
Have you seen this thread?

name a general that doesn't have shitposting

Hitman has always been a series of flawed but great games

discussion about the negative aspects is still discussion at the end of the day. It'll be always around but in the meantime given Hitman's open-endedness there's plenty to talk about, and I look forward to seeing you guys make some Contracts

Well, it seems like we're finally safe from "doublethink".

Speaking of contracts, we're getting those 10 new featured ones on Thursday, so that's nice.

OP here. You are a cool guy, I hope you last longer than the braying faggots who want the game to fail.

>who want the game to fail.
Where? Who? Genuinely curious who this describes.

Go look on /v/, half the negative posts in any Hitman thread are driveby shitposts yelling shill.

Since you faggots are still refusing to discuss the game because you'd rather let the "doublethink" shitposter intimidate you:

What do you think the new way to unlock suits will be?

How fucked do you think that update will be if anything is retroactive?

I thought you meant in here. Especially with the use of the phrase "last longer".

>What do you think the new way to unlock suits will be?
One per maxed mastery, selectable from a menu.

Will I be able to select what suit I want?

I already have all the Elusive ones (oh wait, I thought I didn't play the game!) and have masted every level, so if that were the case I'm curious how I would be treated. Especially considering how finicky the suit unlocks have proved to be already.

just finished both the missions of the last episode after complaining about 4 targets. Got into a pretty good groove on the japan one and killed it, the other one took a few goes though. trying to find a way into the basement fucked me for a while.

also when you knock people out, does it last long enough you really don't need to kill them? As long as you hide people in dumpsters or whatever?

Knocking people out is permanent unless they're found.

Also did Japan feel kind of bland to anyone else as far as textures and enviroment goes? I feel like it looks unfinished.

well I killed about 20 people for nothing then