strivewire.com/
play.eslgaming.com/hearthstone/
zotac-cup.com

>Deck Tracker:
hsdecktracker.net/

>Upcoming Hard Mode Brawl:
us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20324471

>Hearthstone World Championship:
us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/esports/tournament/hearthstone-world-championship-2016

>Mean Streets of Gadgetzan Voting Page:
us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/expansions-adventures/mean-streets-of-gadgetzan/

Previously:

it's not really "luck" or "80%", it's a deck that is literally nothing but the combo, stall, and massive cycle
they can easily draw 2-4 cards per turn

we've seen about 40 cards of the 130 so far

is this expansion good or bad based on them

is this a leppo?

So far, not bad. The new Warrior one shown today is broken as hell and will encourage a playstyle that has little counterplay. Expect Harrison and Ooze use to skyrocket.

Not great but better than TGT already.

the +1+1 weapon minion?

get ready for 9/3 gorehowls

>tfw never got my memepack because my vote somehow didn't go through
I don't know what's worse, falling for the Thijs meme, or not even getting a pack from that

>enter Arena
>go to 7 - 0
>lose against 3 mages in a row

Why is Blizz so retarded when it comes to balancing their games?

>my malchezaar rogue versus a n'zoth priest
>most intense match i've had in over a month
>no mistakes from either side, just deck strength and rng
>win in the end with both of us with less than 5 cards in deck

i don't want to play for some time after a game like that. i want to keep at least one fond memory of hearthstone for awhile. man, i wish this game had replays

You have to use an external program for that.

>started climbing
>try my usual control and reno stuff
>die horribly to interactive combos and nigger priest
>switch to discozoo
>only 1 loss so far
the hero this meta deserves?

that can already be a thing, but there's a reason nobody runs gorehowl in pirate warrior
if you draw it on turn 1 you might as well concede

>no new mechanics
Shit set. Hearthstone devs are already out of ideas. Last new mechanic we saw was joust it's been over a year.
inb4 some retard thinks multi class cards is a mechanic. It isn't, it's a removal of a restriction.

Considering that it was all >Whispers of the Old Dust until the final stream, I'm not too worried.

I see it like a pseudo restriction

>Welcome to the Closed Beta of GWENT: The Witcher Card Game

shit just got real

>opponent says "Well Played"
>oh god no he's got some crazy burst combo from his hand
>he just concedes

Buy kegs.

I mean what the fuck more mechanics can they put?

Magic has lands with cool stuff but HS you just gain mana anyway so it doesn't matter.

HS deck size is only 30 so there's less room to put interesting cards

>herioc tavern brawl has been forgotten before it has even come out

>I mean what the fuck more mechanics can they put?
Lots and lots of them but Team5 isn't even trying.

You wouldnt believe the amount of wins I get when emoting. Im playing face hunter, and when there's like 5hp left or so, I always well played them after drawing. I think that 1/3 of my opponents concede on the spot, even if I didnt draw burst.

Mechanics are only limited by creativity. You obviously have none.

>say well played to enemy while I am one off lethal and hovering over cards
>they concede when I dont have a way to kill them

>good or bad
what does that even mean?
if we're talking power level, it seems to have plenty of strong cards for the intended archetypes and aside from bolster warrior they'll see play.

As for meta effects: it's terrible. We've all know since beta that priest is extremely unpleasant to play against and pushing into the top tier is a horrible idea.
Pirate warrior and rogue seem to be getting support as counters, which is probably going to go down as a further series of mistakes. Both play draw-dependent solitaire and are only slightly more fun for both sides.

This is frankly ridiculous coming from the team that said
>We’ve redesigned the card Charge in a way that provides opportunities for minion combat, but does not enable strategies that intend to win without allowing opponents to interact.
The decks they're pushing do exactly that, and either they're too stupid to realize that or too lazy to care.

Just look at the mechanics in Shadowverse for example. 100% of them could be applicable to hs. Yes even evolve could be a no2 limited hero power, for example.

What if we made opponents discard
What if we fixed stealth targeting
what if we added active effects to cards
what if we added neutral spells
what if we added "for each something this game/turn"
what if we added "on draw"
what if we added xyz
what if we added defender
what if we added graveyard

> what if we added graveyard
HS still has no graveyard? The fuck.

Too complicated for players :^)

Reddit, twitch, etc. communities were crying too long about priest being shit.
They have to buff him if they want to play "we listen to feedback" card next time something goes to shit.

>open HS to see what my daily is
>received 3 free packs for picking amnesiac
>they're fucking TGT packs, which of course contained nothing good

t-thanks.

Just to expand on that for those that arent playing:
For each class:
- sword: have a tribal theme, with two tribes that interact with each other. We have something similar in hs already.
- shadow: use shadows as an alt resource (like energy in magic right now). We dont really have that in hs.
- dragon: basically ramp, and have passives bonus if ramped to 7 or more. The passive thing is something easy to tweak and absant from hs
- forest: basically combo class like rogue, we have that.
- rune: playing spells boost the other in your hand. Sort of what we are getting next set but could be tweaked again for more interesting effects.
- blood: bonus if life total is 10 or less. Interesting part here is that the class is full of gain life/lose life effects. In hs we have molten giant but... yeah thats it.
- haven: focus on amulets and countdown effect. Amulet are another type of cards, similar to enchantments in magic, and those with coundown basically act like suspend spells in magic, aka trigger after x turns, but with a bigger effect compared to their cost. We have nothing like that in hs, but its easy to see many new types of cards that could be made.

Theres also some other smaller mechanics but these are the principals. Sorry for typos and not indept discussion but im on phone.

>blood: bonus if life total is 10 or less. Interesting part here is that the class is full of gain life/lose life effects. In hs we have molten giant but... yeah thats it
Warrior has that with mortal strike and such. There's also that one dragon which cares about opoonent's life.

You're right, its a theme that they sometime explore. I hope we'll get more effect like this, since it promotes some strategic plays.

Also, things like hand matters theme (like the one we see in the previews, or runecraft spellboost ability) is somehting interesting that pretty much only works for a digital game (sicne otherwise its a nightmare to remember what is boosted or not in your hand, and try to not cheat with that)

>have passives bonus if ramped to 7 or more.
this is the last fucking thing we need
more draw ramp = win, don't draw ramp = lose bullshit

Well when its used on low cost cards its great, si ce it gives them a better effect when drawn later on.

Just imagine if there was something like:
1) deal 2 damage. If you have 7 mana crystal, deal 3 instead.
Its simple and could scale any kind of effect you want.

am i the only one who hates dragon decks?
it's "play overstatted minions on curve" taken to its most extreme limit

Does SV has an easy time increasing the mana as HS druid has? Since Druid is already a bitch to deal with if he ramps properly, let alone if the minions/spells had a bonus on top of being already good.

I'm a main priest and also hate it

Specially because Team 5 as always is shoving the archetype down our throats and most of priest dragon cards are just that

Yes, Dragon has Wild Growth, 3 mana 2/2 Deathrattle give a mana orb. Nobody ramps though.

Druid has way more than just Wild Growth, which is the reason I don't think anything that gives you extra after x amount of mana should exist, at least not for druid. Unless you make the minion severely underpowered when played normally.

Druid uses Wild Growth and Mire Keeper. That's it.

Nourish?
It's really not unusual for druid to get 10 mana crystals while you're sitting at 6. So not only do you need to deal with his already strong minons, but you also now need to deal with even stronger version of those strong minions.

Seems to be encouraging curvestone even more with the add +X/+X mechanic to like half the cards. Plus dragon priest is going to be annoying as shit since it's probably even less entertaining than Shaman to play against

Blizzard way of balancing things

>something's overpowered
>just add something even more overpowered
>a class is weak
>just give them something so overpowered it defines the entire meta

It's probably the least creative archetype I've seen in any card game. And that says a lot considering I played most of them including the shitty ones like Vanguard.

>people still throw money at them so they don't have to change their ways

I don't see how the boost cards in your hand mechanic necessarily means curvestone. I mean, you could play it like that, but you can also hold cards back to try to buff specific ones or control what cards get buffed, or go off curve to play cards with buffs, etc.

It's more defensive minded and slower to start than turn 1 Tunnel Trogg turn 2 Totem Golem

Ramping with Nourish denies card draw, unless Fandral is on the board, but every sane man would instantly remove him.

>MTG also had "Dragon" themed decks around the sametime BRM hit
>They were pretty diverse and ranged from various archetypes and colors instead of just "curve your overstatted minions

Man, I miss Esper dragons...

It's probably the expansion I quit playing.

Priest is going to be if not outright broken, then at least retarded. Face warrior will be stupid. Paladin's cards are all unbelievable garbage. And most of all, this set looks really boring. The Tri-Class cards so far are all lorandom discover, which is the laziest design and would be even more detrimental to the state of the game if they were actually playable.

I'm just really tired of Blizzard's retarded design philosophy that forces certain classes into unplayable archetypes, while making others super strong and super flexible because of dumb ideas and emotional balancing. It's not going to change and the rotations will only serve as an excuse to not fix shit like hilariously imbalanced classic set.

There was even one dragon that could combo to infinity with itself, right?

Can't remember if there were more, but if you have two of pic related on the battlefield they go infinite with one trigger

Man HS Carl arT sucks fucking dick compared to MtG

I'm in a similar boat. I'll wait till all the cards are revealed but if Dragon Priest is tier 0 and the other decks are filled with discover shit I'm probably done as well. So far this set is 95% add stats to minions and rng effects your opponent cannot play around.

I dunno, MtG gets pretty bad at times.

I just got golden Icehowl. what do?

Its impossible to guarantee a high end quality of every single card, but MTG average sure is above all other card games

Meme with silence priest

I think Arcane Explosion should hit face as well.

You get a few gems per set, but for the most part, MTG art is garbage. It died when they decided to enforce the most boring possible house style on 99% of their artists.

Play Shadowverse for the best art you'll ever get in a card game.

Puts shitty Western games like HS and MTG to shame.

Lets just remove mage from the game, and give a player option to play a 7 turn timer.
If your opponent can't deal 30 damage to you in 7 turns, you win.

Now that's a meme to behold.

I think it should stay the same and we should remove Maelstrom portal instead. Why the fuck was that card printed? I want to meet the idiot who thought this card was a good idea.

>ridiculously busy cgi shit is now good art

What happened to our culture?

Ok I'll give in to the bait: Just how healthy is the Shadowverse Meta? Is there a deck supreme to all others? How P2W is it?

>"Maestrom portal" should hit face

There, ftfy

They give you a ton of free packs, you can reroll, Forest (basically Rogue) and Haven (more or less priest) are cancer. But every class except Shadow has a viable deck or two.

Is it even worth it to climb to rank 5 for rewards?
I've been collecting golden epics for months but lately it feels like a chore. This month in particular, I've tried wild ladder for a change but is even worse than standard somehow. Yet I feel like I should get to 5 and I can't take rest until I've done it

Its not CGI, its just overly rendered materials because the artist has no idea what value control is.
>metal highlights coming from 6+ directions
>but the character is lit primarily from the top back left
confused blackman.jpeg

jesus fucking christ

What kind of otter is that

Browse /hsg/ for the best memes you'll ever get in a general.

Puts shitty generals like /svg/ and /mtg/ to shame

Yes it is. but it's a pain in the ass.

what's problem here? 0 damage = no destruction. simple enough? cmon blue, you've been here for a while. This is not Shadowverse where bane is worded in a way to destroy if it gets in contact with something, regardless of actual damage.

Holy shit, I forgot how good that felt

> Browse /hsg/ for the best memes you'll ever get in a general.
That would either be /gsg/ (or what's left of it) or /d2g/.

I'm aware. I'm upset that he followed the best 1 drop in the game with the perfect counter to a Poison minon.

>Browse /hsg/ for the best memes you'll ever get in a general.
I prefer /agdg/, mainly because I dont dev at all and just love reading all these autismo crashing their ego against each other with their shit projects.

>the best 1 drop in the game
nigga u hi?

ah ok. well gl on those bombs

Maybe they just haven't told us about one yet, there was supposed to be a whole deal about choosing a side, I guess that is Tri Color basically but maybe that will have a twist we didn't expect.

Designing your own card through choices is basically a new mechanic.

Blizzcon was so fun I actually legit forgot about that too. I guess that is tomorrow?

I roped while typing a response and missed out on finishing his Shrink off with Dagger. Punished next turn.

I don't like this.

>but maybe that will have a twist we didn't expect.

I'm sort of hoping. It does feel like this is being set up to be more of a story hook than the other expansions, like a gang war is actually coming or something.

nourish for mana is very often the play vs aggro, or with an innervate

they could always follow the set with an adventure based on those gangs. Would be a great way to follow up on the story and have you battle each leader or something like that.

But hey what am I saying? Cross set/adventure synergy and lore? nah man, naxx 2.0 or something with discover a dethrattle mechanic.

I need to face more opponents like you in arena

I'm tempted to dust it

I really hope we get some decent removal or aoe cards in this expansion. Curvestone is already becoming unbearable and all those minions are going to become even more troublesome to remove because everything's going to have +1/+1.

Current Aoes already don't do shit against the majority of boardstates, now even cards like flamestrike will struggle.

>play warlock
>run into nothing but shamans
>play freeze mage
>run into nothing but warriors
what the fuck

Just take for a few spins and dust it after, hitting someone in the face with him does feel satisfying

Did you miss the Dragon-AoE for priest? Will go very well in its Dragoncurvepriest deck. Curve out while destroy the other player's curve on turn 6.

I just play to open packs and get new cards. Pretty much just wait 3 days to stack quests and then play a bit.
If I feel like it i make it to rank 10. Most seasons i dont give a shit about rank yet i only play ranked to eventually get golden heros.

Not to mention Priest got a card that makes Shadow Word: Horror viable.

>tfw I got a legendary from Thijs' single pack
>tfw my pack is more valuable than most of Pavel's 6 packs.

fuck yes. Got a gold one in my rewards last month, might actually play it now, great!

>hearthstone has started an update
What the fuck is it now?

My pack was 135... good, but still salty

>Grimey Goons are centered around playing minions on curve to buff other minions.

How lazy can you be? Here I was hyped to see Paladin and Hunter get different archetypes.

>CIA damage control