play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.semickolon.seen&hl=en
brum.itch.io/gunmetal
justletit.be/~brum/Gunmetal_build16_2_win.zip
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-11/rate/96053
boards.Veeky
youtube.com/watch?v=cdq4o0gqtZA&list=PLaDrN74SfdT6SYVWeF706YNj_OpEIqbO5&index=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Played cat girl game.

there's a bug where it doesnt reset the animation after jumping. not much else to say aside from i guess it's neat they made it for sega gen..?

/agdg/

Repost from last thread.

FPSpooky:
- needs strafing, tank controls are fine though
- if you die while the inventory is open you're stuck on the death screen getting ear raped
- you get ear raped on the death screen
- should be able to close doors
- too easy to get stuck to shit

shit meme game

wheres your game

>Cleft Knight dev is still alive
holy shit what a surprise

Working on the implementing the feedback I got so far:
>going from different keys for different screens to universal mouse control
>volume control
>all clickable buttons will now get darker when moving a mouse over them

check out panstas.itch.io/world-of-horror

i don't think you know why im making this game. when the game comes out some one will post it on reddit then it will get popular then this meme will no longer be funny then /v/ will be a bit better.

you don't see the full picture.

Thanks for the feedback, I definitely needed to do more testing on the UI overlapping and such.
What did you get stuck to exactly?

Chairs and doors mostly, although being able to strafe and close doors would probably fix it.

I'm confused.

thank you for saving Veeky Forums forever

who is this semen demon

Oh I see. I added the chairs just minutes ago so I didn't really do much testing with them.
Thanks.
I'll try out making the doors closeable too.

a cartoon drawing

>to be succesful you have to build a website, a mailing list, a presskit, a splashpage, start posting daily on tumblr/twitter/reddit, contact youtubers, etc

I just wanted to make a game.

posted in wrong thread

Vine2D

sayaka-chan_(gashi-gashi)

fuck you and your meme game. get out norime.

I don't understand why does a many of wojak appear

>gashi gashi
Wow. This guy does lot of lewds.

What did he use to build this?

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.semickolon.seen&hl=en

Here user, this is what I'm talking about. The planet has an orbital rotation of 10 minutes real-life time, so super slow compared to normal. Pay close attention to the ship, planet and background - the ship and the planet moves in unison with the background, there's no parallax - so there's no sense of depth. The planet just looks like a free floating blob that's relatively close.

Compare that to this webm where the planet is static to the background -- it looks huge and distant because there's a parallax between the ship and the planet/background.

What's wrong with game engines?
>GameMaker Godot
meme language
>LÖVE
can't close source
>UE4
blueprint meme
>Unity & others
C#

I just want to make a game and instead I have to decide learn a useless language.

wojak has 3 forms normal jak,feels x5 (that was his transformation animation), and a hidden form.

>C#
>useless
retard go.

Use Raylib then.

It is a interesting game

>implying anybody wants an amateur dev's source code

Elements Torn dev here

Thanks for the feedback! Encounter frequency could definitely use some tweaking. A progression system is on the list of things to do.

if that amateur's game hits jack pot, you better believe patent trolls will try to find ways to milk your money

GunMetal demo: brum.itch.io/gunmetal
Finally managed to submit for a demoday as a solodev. Still just an early combat test, but i've managed to add a game loop just for demoday. It's not much, but the monsters get progressively more responsive and tanky.

Known issues: -shooting doesn't have enough feedback -shots have too much spread -AI is dumb -barely any sounds in the game -No assets besides the shotgun are final.

Direct download: justletit.be/~brum/Gunmetal_build16_2_win.zip
Make sure to use fullscreen if you play the webGL build, otherwise it'll run like shit.

retard kill yourself

how good is rpg maker?

You can be a yesdev

Who?

>his game isn't an RPG with visual novel segments for story dumps

Hmm

He's been here since the first demo days.

>i am going to rain my brain
>not doing a brain blast.
nice antique gotta blast!

The title is missing "/agdg/" you fucking newfag. Don't make threads if you're this new and also retarded.

I'm not saying this was a stupid or unnecessary fix.

I'm just saying this had been working for months, across Linux and Windows, until I ran it with a newer version of MinGW.

?

aggydaggy.com

Get a fucking clue.

??

>C#
>useless
The reasons I haven't fallen to the C++ meme yet are because of C# iterators and garbage collection

The aggydaggy.com site searches for /agdg/, not agdg. So this poor nodev is being heavily triggered.

To be honest the web owner should fix this. Just have it redirect to Veeky Forums.org/vg/agdg

aggydaggy.com leads to a search in the catalog for "/agdg/". If you don't include /agdg/ in the title, the thread won't pop up and little lazy fatso here needs to search manually.

It's perfect if you want to work for microsoft all your life.

Don't worry I upload my free® projects to github.

You were lucky that it worked.

I don't really post progress in the thread, I'm in the discord 24/7 though. T-that counts, right?

This is why we can't have nice things.

what?

alright, you're definitely baiting now. You had me going for a bit there.

>not just bookmarking boards.Veeky Forums.org/vg/agdg

Okay I think I get it. What happens if you take the ships out of geostationary looking orbit? I.e., dont have the the sectors orbit a planet at all, instead just have them follow its position.

This.

>I just want to make a game and instead I have to decide learn a useless language.
>thinking that learning a language takes any effort
Also what's wrong with c#?

>can't close source
compile to bytecode and redistirbute that
sure there are "decompilers" but they'll just result in a clusterfuck code (like the decompiled code of Terraria which is written in C#)

>not getting a happy surprise one day when user finishes our website
What are you doing with your life?

this is why is a garbage language for anything but drivers, kernels and embedded systems where there's no viable alternatives

I use C# at work user
It's not useless. Granted, I'm coding my game in C.

Also I reset clover, and i tried to add Veeky Forums and it's acting like Veeky Forums is not a board. So I'm forced to use the website. What the fuck, clover?

I'm making a game. Can't say the same for you though.

Terraria's decompiled code is a clusterfuck because the original code was and that's very easy to show by how much structure the CIL preserves.

>A string that was not null terminated and therefore causes undefined behavior with string.h and stdlib.h
>Not your fault but mingw's
C'mon now user

Posting in the thread is kinda the point.

L O R E

got a shitty little cutscene working. it gets the job done.
also now im cycling through 3 different sprite styles for the player so one of these days i should buckle down and just get a ton of art done.

>omnipresent, stop the world garbage collection is good

I hate people who are steam chat only/discord only/IRC only
Post in the thread or you're not a part of the community

I never claimed it was MinGW's fault. I'm annoyed that *other* compilers didn't reveal the issue until now.

>no replies properly ridiculing this post
You're gay as fuck now agdg.

That's what you get when you mess with undefined behaviour.

>Post in the thread or you're not a part of the community
Chatfags have always boasted about how they don't even read threads anymore. They're so cool.

>can't spend an hour or two it takes to learning a new language
>thinks he can commit to making a full game

>thinking your game's gonna hit the jack pot

I'm not boasting about it, discord just has a better signal to noise ratio and i don't have to interact with people who aren't even making a game, just posting memes.

>i don't have to interact with people who aren't even making a game, just posting memes.
haahahahahahahahahahahahah

have you seen #misc

or #autism

Aside from you being a faggot this was surprisingly cool. Like you said shots have too much spread but I also think shotgun should shoot multiple pellets. Right now you gotta get up in their face to have a certain hit and even then it might not kill them.

With good level generation this might definitely become something.

Just as I thought then, the discord group has become a giant circlejerk, like all group chats degenerate in to.

Post it

I mean i got procrastitracker, i can compare the time i spend browsing the thread compared to the time i spend in discord. Feels like i can just hang out in voicechat and keep devving without wasting any time alt+tabbing.

itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-11/rate/96053
I hope you like it. Feedback is appreciated.

I can try it later, heading out now, but I'm pretty sure it'll be exactly the same - having the planet move against the background at all is what's causing it to appear more in the foreground than the background.

rip agdg.moe

i haven't really implied that it became that really, just that a lot of communities have that very special corner for memes an' shit

otherwise #dev, #artdev and #audiodev are pretty nice places to get feedback from, really

Garbage collection should never occur during gameplay if you know what you're doing

What would I use to make a 2d pixel game like metal slug?

Might as well not have one, then. And if you know how to make it not run, you know how to program without one.

COBOL+Smalltalk is the only way. Don't listen to other shitters.

I just don't care about writing memory management code desu

But the other shitters say to not listen to other shitters.
Are you a shitter?

c++ and openGL

You're basically doing it already if you really are preventing the GC from running during gameplay.

Than don't head to
boards.Veeky Forums.org/vg/catalog#s=/agdg/
but

>having a redirect bookmarked
>doesnt even work properly
wow thats retarded

youtube.com/watch?v=cdq4o0gqtZA&list=PLaDrN74SfdT6SYVWeF706YNj_OpEIqbO5&index=1

>googs being a retard yet again
I never said I had aggydaggy.com bookmarked. But it should be fixed to work correctly. I just have Veeky Forums.org/vg/agdg bookmarked.

>That haircolor
>That title
I am sure this is going to be a high quality video.