/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Teebs are handheld cancer edition

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs

>Place to actually discuss the game
reddit.com/r/warthunder

Other urls found in this thread:

warthunder.com/en/news/4323-development-announced-naval-forces-compilation-en/
figma.jp/en/product/5811/figma Femto Birth of the Hawk of Darkness ver.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Reddit in the OP
report and move on, garbage OP, No instructions on how to get to the vg chat, no ts link, into the trash

I was told I'd get these memes

">literally posted from my up and down and spinny spin spin nazibabby death machine with 3 20mm minengeshosse slav(e) removal rays"

">posted from my up and down, left and right, good at all altitudes, pulse laser-armed, gravity drive engined communist skillmobile )))))"

in their natural form here. Show me the goods that I may purchase them and export to another generals, friends.

>posted from my all direction, low-orbiting, hispano-disruptor equipped warp factor 9.8 capable balanced Griffan while cloaked

reminder

leave this game and emulate ace combat, before its too late.

>posted from my diamonded nazi bunker out in an open field slinging 88mm heat seeking F&F IFF APHECBC

SdKfz 140/1 worth getting?

Why even fucking play anything over than CYKABLYAT? On tanks particularly so.

The Hurricane Mk IIB is such a nice plane.

Stable, easy to fly, engine doesn't overheat easily, good anti-ground armament, good anti-air armament with good ammunition, good turn rate.

Overall very comfortable experience flying it in RB. (3 easy kills.+ RTB with lots of damage and 3 more planes chasing me)

Because germans have the best heavies in the game, Brits have railguns and americans gotta go fast.

why do japs have to ruin anime by just making it be a bunch of fucking girls, generally doing lewd shit?
whenever they make an anime that doesn't involve girls everywhere, it's generally a 9/10 chance being fucking great.

Because anime is a business and little girls sell.

"quantity over quality" I guess...
fuck japs.

If you don't have a harem or moe anime it doesn't sell. Pick a reason
>self insert
>superior folder over 1000 times jap cock taming gajin blonde girl
>moe shits
To get a good anime these days, it has to be based of a good manga. Otherwise it'll be another generic moe/self inster/ etc shit.

>it has to be based of a good manga
even then, it's always got some girl in a high power of position
where's a good anime with just guys and no sexual stuff?
>inb4 jojo

tfw bote cbt soon

warthunder.com/en/news/4323-development-announced-naval-forces-compilation-en/

Somebody called?

>obvious inspiration from actual gun camera footage
>best animated explosion I've seen, complete with shrapnel hitting the water
what's this from, and how much of it is actually like this?

I know this feeling all too well.
Life is suffering.

Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise

Most of it is about space, a mid-life man and political intrigue, though that scene is one of the best animated and most hype parts of it all.

You should watch it. It has a wonderful thing of being in a world not unlike ours in the 1960s, but everything is subtly different (for example you can see in the plane designs.)

>where's a good anime with just guys and no sexual stuff?
Ippo
Initial D
Pretty much most older sports anime
JJBA

>ЗБT кaтepoв нaчнeтcя кaк тoлькo cтaбилизиpyют клиeнт и пpoизвoдитeльнocть.
Для Coвeтoв плaниpyют БMO.

>Teм, ктo пoлyчил дocтyп в ЗБT бyдeт пpeдлoжeнo зaкaчaть дoпoлнитeльныe фaйлы. #news@wtblog

>Гoтoвитecь к выхoдy в мope

CBT soon™

>Initial D
>tfw I've been in /mscg/ for the past like week or so
I need to watch that shit

I almost never watch the animes, but that sounds and looks neat enough to make an exception I think

thanks, user

Say it with me:

MADAM PRESIDENT

Who /oldfag/ here

what game is that?

(you)

Continued
WoWP Beta iirc

not you

>(You)

>klingon bird of prey hiding between federation ships

inb4 its the special version which can shoot cloaked

WIsh they'd make a new Sturmovnik game but with tanks and more planes. Bascialy superior warthunder that doesn't lookl ike shit.

>decide to take Fw190 A4 for a spin
>encounter Spit. LF MK IX

?????

that webm you just saw IS the new IL-2 wit tanks and planes.

it's pretty shitty

4.3s can fight 5.3s

did they change the fucking Tier thing?
I thought you are only supposed to encounter enemies 1 Tier higher than you, besides the BR

Do tanks have interiors? I'd love game like Steel fury but with modern graphics.

yes

Does anyone have any information regarding the vickers class p gun and it's ammo that is attached to the tempest mk v? Everything I've read says that it was designed to succeed the class s, which was unable to penetrate tiger armour, however the ony range that the gun can penetrate the sides is from ten metres.

I tried to make a suggestion on the forums to increase the penetration but it was never ok'd.

On a side note, which would be the best il2 game to get right now?

On a second side note, when will large calibre ground attackers get some love? I'm tired of getting 20 hits and 0 kills a match, not even a learn to play issue. Specifically in sb

>make haremshit with cute girls
>it expends minimal budget while making a modest returns

>make """manime""" with lots of action scenes
>it expends a large budget
>a few japs buy it
>western basement dwellers praise it but few buy any merchandise (even less than japs)
>very little to no profit, assuming the studio's not in the red

Don't like it? Change it with your wallet, but I know that's not going to happen because being a whiny bitch on an anime forum is easier.

The only man to successfully vote with his wallet was George Harrison with The Life of Brian.

Or you faggots could just vote with your wallet as a whole, but instead on average you people will just torrent whatever you think looks good and not buy any merchandise.

Want people to make stuff you like? Then buy the stuff you like, or people with different taste will be pandered to instead.

>he thinks the insular japs care about the gaijin market
>he thinks they wouldn't keep making moeshit for the herbivore males even if they could double their money making something for the west instead

Sure, but if japs expect me to buy their shit why can't they try a bit harder?
I want Jojo games on PC, but they're only on console.

none of them are particularly good
DShK with API-c is the ultimate groundpound weapon apart from ADEN, Mk 103, and Mk 108.

>DShK with API-c is the ultimate groundpound weapon apart from ADEN, Mk 103, and Mk 108
>DShK
>good at killing shit
nah that's the M2

Probably my favorite plane in the game

I consider myself garbage but I'm rocking a 3:1 KDR in it right now

>he thinks the japs don't care about money

Companies like Toyota and Sony sell their products worldwide, and similarly if people in the west actually gave them enough money when they had the chance (the 90s and early 2000s) then they would pander to the west.

You probably don't own a single show's DVD or other merchandise, I'm sure.

They don't expect you to buy their shit since you never did. They expect to get paid somehow though, and the people paying them turns out to have different taste than you. If you don't step up don't expect anything.

>Companies like Toyota and Sony
Those famous animation studios
I particularly enjoyed "Starion: Defender of the right"

>down one wing an an engine
>can't repair
Hmm...

>You probably don't own a single show's DVD or other merchandise
That's because I'm not autistic and the DVDs/BDs are heavily overpriced.

Hell, I'd probably pay for Crunchyroll if their subs wouldn't often be dogshit.

So you were never their customer and thus they don't pander to you.

What's the problem?

>entire fuselage is also fucked
there's your problem

That's now how it works. They need to pander to me in order for me to buy their shit in the first place.

So buy the cooler looking figma instead of the moeblob figma.

figma.jp/en/product/5811/figma Femto Birth of the Hawk of Darkness ver.html

>its a /wtg/ discovers they aren't the target audience for an animation company episode

>I never bought their products including the numerous ones that aren't moeshit
>why aren't they pandering to me?

That's like saying I should give money to Gaijin hoping they'll make their game better.

How good is the TB-3 at 1.3?
Can it rape enemy bases?

>F-82
>but with two P-47Ms instead of P-51s
>16 .50 cals

If you get enough paying customers to demand for changes you want, they will at least attempt it. A lot of the vehicles they added were pretty in-demand (P-47N).

i saw one in my hurricane mk iib before and it was so fucking slow and huge that i had no problem setting it on fire in a side pass and i took no damage whatsoever
so if you want a bad meme go for it

I just wanna say that's a real crisp WebM user

>maximum uptier

That's been wanted for years by American pilots. All Gaijin did was lock a highly wanted aircraft temporarily behind a paywall, before introducing a main tree variant of it after milking it as much as possible. They would've done it to the F9F Cougar too if it weren't for their policy on no jet premiums.

Just wait, we'll get a non-premium T29 variant this patch or the one after, I guarantee it.

Middle wing is shared, so it'd be 12 x M2

F-82 gets the M3 and a fuckhuge gunpod with even more M3 bringing the burstmass up to Me 262 tier.

>2.0
>maximum uptier
>with a 1.3 plane
???

Nah, the F-82 only combines the guns for the innermost wing, the outer wings have no guns. It'd be 8 on the wing + 8 in the gunpod.

This plane would tip over backwards on the ground, wouldn't it?

Yes that's why I said "attempt". Naval forces is also an "attempt", but unfortunately Gaijin got this niche cornered to you either put up with their shit or play something else.

DShK are better, but that doesn't shot much when most slav planes only have one or two versus the four or more on clap planes.

What the fuck is going on with those cockpits?

>DShK
>airplanes

You had your chance, boredom. We're through.

Eh, debatable. The engine is going to be the heaviest bit which is why the wings are all the way at the back, but with the weight of what I assume is a fuel tank at the front + it's rather heavy look cannon armament I think it would balance out. Landing gear is an absolute lost cause though, that thing is going to tail strike for days.

t. made a lot of weird looking shit in ksp

fuck, berezin ub

>P-38
>but with the P-47s supercharged 2600hp Double Wasps instead of 1600hp Allisons

>KSP
>realistic
I hope you used mods.

I'd still say the rear would be too heavy. The entire wing and engine are behind the main landing gear and the wing has fuel tanks too.

>hit critical mach number so fast that you can't even react

Oh god no I wasn't claiming KSP was realistic, but it can give you a general idea. It's landing gear LOOKS completely fucked, but depending on how heavy it's armament and avionics are at the front it might be just behind the center of gravity.

There is so much wrong with that I don't even really know where to start.

>protruding gunports instead of recessed
>CoG is obviously behind the rear wheels
>virtually no fuel tanks
>engine is way too big
>engine is in a nacelle in the airstream instead of in the huge empty space in the fuselage
>cockpit
>apparently has radar, but no space for the disk to actually move to acquire targets
>assuming advanced tech, which the picture seems to imply, especially the prop... the prop should be capable of limited trust vectoring
>too much vert stabilizer
>not enough wing area
>lol where does all the fuel go for that huge engine

drawn by someone that's never been near a plane in their life

why does a trainer have guns?

Plenty of those problems can be attributed to it being fanart. Was just the only picture I had with the landing gear.
But yeah, it's a pretty retarded design in many ways. I like evaluating fantasy vehicles for their practicality though.
The jet seems a lot mor e reasonable.

>Goodbye lift from wings. We never needed you.

why are there three intakes for one engine?

There's two.

what's the thing in the front then?

One on each side and one underneath, my lad.

That's not an intake. It's just rounded in the front.

what the fuck is the point of it then?

>protruding gunports instead of recessed
Easier for maintenance and exhaust gasses to clear

>CoG is obviously behind the rear wheels
Admittedly yeah, but the wheel could possibly be designed to extend further back on landing on suspension

>virtually no fuel tanks
Armour plating on the inner wings indicates that it's got wet wings

>engine is way too big
It's pretty typical for a turboprop. You want big, have a look at the P-47s engine with all of it's super and turbochargers included

>engine is in a nacelle in the airstream instead of in the huge empty space in the fuselage
Less risk of ground strike or being hit by flung up debris

>cockpit
Meant for visibility, not aerodynamics

>assuming advanced tech, which the picture seems to imply, especially the prop... the prop should be capable of limited trust vectoring
I'm not even sure current turboprops can thrust vector. It's more alt technology than advanced technology anyways

>too much vert stabilizer
You can never have too much vertical stabilizer

>not enough wing area
Highly debatable. Have you seem how small modern aircrafts wings are? In thrust we trust, user

Design choices point to it likely being some form of ground attack or support aircraft than an air superiority one, with things like survivability, maintenance and visibility being chosen over aerodynamics and speed. A lot of the points you made could be applied to the A-10, too.

>that little corsair down by the TIE interceptors

No clue mate.
I never said it makes perfect sense, just that it's more reasonable than the prop.

The A-10s landing gear is significantly far in front of it's engines, it takes off just fine. Engines contribute a significant amount of mass to an aircraft but so does things like armament, armour and avionics. Two MK 103s with 240 rounds weigh just over half the weight of a C-130s turboprop, for instance.

>driving at mach 1
>enemy over 1km away hits my tiny weak spot perfectly
totally legit amirite

Why couldn't a trainer have guns?