/revog/ - Revelation Online General

>What is Revelation Online?
Revelation Online is a Chinese Xianxia-themed F2P MMORPG with a large amount of diverse content for any type and level of player.

>Current News
ro.my.com/en/news/announcements/week-review-04112016

>Official Links
ro.my.com/
rev.mail.ru/
tianyu.163.com/

>FAQ - READ BEFORE POSTING!
pastebin.com/SWMZbSgY

>/revog/ Guilds
pastebin.com/MFFLfnWj

>Resources
• Calculators
Skill Calculator: nogaruka.net/revelationonline/
Stat Calculator: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rrJOLoJsO-Cqgo7BPZ8YZFFyq6JM9BWQRf2Rgv3tXTY/edit#gid=448077723
Soul Grid Simulator: ro.my.com/forum/thread/14531-the-soul-grid-simulator/

• Guides
New Player Guide: dulfy.net/2016/11/03/revelation-online-new-player-guide/
Gearing Progression: dulfy.net/2016/10/13/revelation-online-gearing-and-equipment-progression-guide/
Soul Grid: dulfy.net/2016/10/21/revelation-online-soul-grid-guide/
Friends and Mentoring: dulfy.net/2016/10/18/revelation-online-friends-and-mentoring-guide/
Reputation: dulfy.net/2016/10/27/revelation-online-reputation-starter-guide/
Skills and Talents: dulfy.net/2016/10/30/revelation-online-skills-and-talents-guide/
Crafting and Life Skills: dulfy.net/2016/11/02/revelation-online-life-skills-and-crafting-guide/

>Can I play now?
If you have a CBT key for the English version, you're all set for the first test on 11/3. If not, your only option is to download and play the Chinese version, which is currently in OB. Information on how to play the Chinese version is in the FAQ.

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/RevelationOnlineGeneral

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RaRi4dvaLug
youtube.com/watch?v=BkS3aaSkXyo
youtube.com/watch?v=YY-CiPVo_NQ
youtu.be/sN0Isnz3Xkw
youtube.com/watch?v=RrMy5-qYtVY
hd.tianyu.163.com/avatar/aad20906de3fb67fcc611f2c949fcab6
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for remember do to your dailies/weeklies!

Video guides:
youtube.com/watch?v=RaRi4dvaLug
youtube.com/watch?v=BkS3aaSkXyo

malice strong

youtube.com/watch?v=YY-CiPVo_NQ

Remember to PK the nonbelievers

Malice is the little white boy surrounded by big black men.

This game looks like shit. Someone redpill me please.

Read the FAQ and look through the guides to gain a better understanding of what the game has in terms of features.

If you're only interested in good graphics though, I would look elsewhere because Rev's graphics are ArcheAge-tier at best.

Kirito is a little white boy though

Man it looks fucking beautiful to me youtu.be/sN0Isnz3Xkw

Yeah, but our CBT doesn't have high res textures for some reason.

VR support when?

With real life permadeath if possible

I am implying that it looks like generic p2w korean MMO, why is this one so special?

The fact that is not p2w korean mmo, is p2w chinese mmo
But for real I just enjoy all the content it has from low level.
Starting from 40 you already have a shit ton of things to do including open world pvp and you can reach 40 in a day. And this shit goes up to 79

So why exactly do people say that the founder pack put you weeks ahead of the curve?

I'm genuinely curious, with my very limited game knowledge the best thing I see in those are the refine stones.

Are there no crafting materials and shit?

Anyone want to hang out on boob mountain again?

Because of one of Cryy's videos that has him saying exactly that with his limited game knowledge, when in reality it's not that bad.

Folks here keep saying that there's supposed to be an "HD patch" that's missing from the game but I can't really find anything to comfirm it. How much better is the game suppose to look if/when we get this patch? Will polygon counts be increased? Will textures be improved so they don't look low res or flat as fuck, or will it just add more visual effects to mask the game's ugliness? Not trying to sound like I'm shit on the game, but I'm just curious.

It's a texture pack we're missing.

There's a video posted above that shows the quality in the first minutes, just compare it to this beta

youtube.com/watch?v=RrMy5-qYtVY

The head start puts you ahead of the curve because of how the game works. The rest of the stuff, like the enchantment stones, aren't too bad - you can easily bridge that gap with hard work and dedication, or sheer luck.

>Localizing a game is always a monumental effort, and we decided to share some numbers on this topic. There are over 9,000,000 Chinese characters within the game as text strings. There are almost 1,000 user interface files that need to be translated, resized, and reworked, and hundreds of 2D art pieces that contain text in some form or another. You will be able to see our translation improvements take shape during the closed beta phases.

Storyline in MMOs besides background lore was a fucking stupid retarded mistake

I dunno, man. I like reading lore.

They're supposedly increasing the chat text limit, so this game is going to be baller for roleplayers.

Of course man, lore is fucking great.

Questlines with stories where your character is supposed to be the protagonist of an epic, while everyone else does the same shit in the same world at the same time, thus not making any sense, is not fucking great at all.

tfw no husbando

tfw no waifu

Everyone too busy trying to hit level cap even though shit's all going to get wiped, and i'm just here chilling and exploring.

I'm looking at outfit combinations while in the spa. I noticed we have the mentor outfits, but mentorship isn't available yet!

Competitive guilds have fun just trying to outgrind each other, practicing PvP and getting knowledge about eficient way to progress for the actual launch.
I mean I'm not doing it but I can understand

Exploring is fun. You should try doing the treasure hunting quest while exploring.

I would but I also feel like that's another bit of content that I don't want to spoil myself on...

Really I guess I'm just done with CBT. When's OBT?

Count me in the chilling crew as well. Trying not to burn myself out like I do in most early mmos

>mmo
>spoil
literally what

By spoil, i mean 'burn out'

Why do people have a golden subweapon?

fuck chinks fuck chinks

t. gyro

>tfw bought too many of the wrong dust mats because chicken scratch names
>scale thing for dust mats is capped
>can't make 49 weapon until next week
At least I got 52k gear score and am a vg. A little bit of gear refine and level up and I can meet that dumb 55k requirement.

How do people get 6+ gold in a week? Is it because they didn't get screwed over by Akuta on 1st day?

because everyone got one for free for the login reward?
are you saying you got 3 drops of the jade that only come from godmodes and bought 1? if so your extremely lucky a lot of people may not even get 49 gold wep next week because its simply rng if you get the main mat drop, and the title/achievement is at 65k im not sure if thats what your "requirement" is though

do you mean this?

no, this... you need 4 and you can only buy 1 per week at demonslayer 3, rest you have to get from godmodes

oh, rip you were the other guy I replied to, yeah thats it
is for

They managed to get to level 45 to farm dust/mist before the weekly reset on last Sunday. Which means they would already be on 2 weeks of upgrade mats, easily enough to get 6 or more gold gear

>still no eu guild

you make it

EU, GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER

How do I get those sick looking wings some people have?

They got them from boxes, I think from silver/gold eggs.

Why do I have Ragescale 0/1 when I already ran Misty 45+?

55k requirement for what?

its bugged

I'm tired of having a job, how do I become a NEET so I can have time to play this game :>?

>Open beta
>Wiping

have lots and lots of money at the start and invest it in things while having a job at home

It's not in OB.

you have to do 35 misty

We're in CBT, you nerd.

8-5 wagecuck here, I took a week off work to play the cbt. You working fulltime?

It sucks but really you just have to hand over sheckels to keep up if you aren't playing all day. At least you have a job, so you got that going on

how hard is 3star godmode ? we tried it but i couldnt keep anyone alive as healer... i feel like i heal for nothing
we were all over 60k gearscore

Oh, I thought it was, pardon me.

Former NEETfag here. Trust me: You don't want to live the NEET life, at least not for long because it makes you unreasonably lazy.

over on nov 17th boyz

Former NEETfag for years here, fuck you and your memes, all I want in my life is go back to being a NEET.

Take more than one healer or tell your team to git gud at dodging.

Don't blame me, m8. Blame our society.

>play games all day
or
>work 40-60 hours a week doing some shit that takes up all your life just so you can play video games

just kill me

I JUST started a new job and I want to go back to being a NEET. Kill me, senpai.

Something about these bears just aint right

Don't make fun of bearbros. What are you, part of the filthy winged faction?

>get up to go to work 7am
>get home 6pm
>way too tired to play anything, need to go to sleep to get up for work tomorrow
>repeat forever

fuck working man, this is a living hell. I just want to be lazy and play games

I feel so sorry for you, but at least you're making a decent amount of money, r-right?

IT'S NOT FAIR

Where you at in gear NA

Huh?

do you start crafting gold gear from a quest

only the wep

nice gear phuccboi

I want a cute fox husbando!

Yeah and I want a chubby loli waifu, but we can't always get what we want.

Here ya go mate. They come in stacks of 20.

I WISH I KNEW WHAT WAS GOING ON

How do I get Ausgyth Points?
I read on dulfy that I get those doing pvp but, I got 26k on my inventory without doing any pvp content.

more like
>stay home and play games all day. Get ridiculed by family for being jobless. Have barely enough money to buy what you want. Want to get a job to buy what you want.
or
>work yourself slowly to death. Hate working. Come home feeling like shit, and can't play video games as much. Can buy what you want for the most part, including good food, and whatever other hobbies you like. Want to become a neet regardless.

I think you get them from doing dailies.

this fox thing quest is taking years to complete and I have no idea whats going on

meant to crop it oops

You have to wait for the guards to execute them.

>10

dead

tfw can't get my friends into the beta because there's no keys to be had anywhere

It's why the thread is so dead, IMO. The buggy, untranslated beta aside, most people don't want to burn themselves out, and then there's the $15 access fee. I swear, no one who signed up got in this beta.

$18 access fee, rather!

hd.tianyu.163.com/avatar/193c017dbf9b292cd3caa23241db71af

There's some nice presets on this site.

hd.tianyu.163.com/avatar/aad20906de3fb67fcc611f2c949fcab6

shit game. shit thread

I just want a fat loli to bang and protect

Trying to find a decent preset to use for my BM, or at least something I can meld into decency.

Found this loli on Taobao. Kind of cute, in its own way.

WTB more fuccbois.