/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB36)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?17106

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=qvmzT6CSvg8&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=xnOK-TNKNmw&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
masterpaladins.com
paladins.guru

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?19012
twitter.com/HiRezDrybear/status/796417025677656064
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?13102-Joining-Paladins-PTS-and-Contributing-to-Development-September-27th-2016
thelewd3dblog.tumblr.com/post/152958417331/ying-banged-by-genji-took-way-too-long-to-make-xd
blog.rivalkingdomsgame.com/post/112882801295/developer-diaries-paladin-concept-art
youtu.be/ZMHnh2zEfGQ?t=984
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm still mad about Wrecker buff edition

>Patch notes (OB37)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?19012

So with the now baseline 75% on Wrecker, should people like Fernando and Makoa use decks that are less focused on the shield? If so, to what?

It's hook time baby~

I guess Nando should get a deck based on fireball and dash, and be more of a tanky flanker than a tank.

I'm really fucking upsetti about the buff, it's retarded

Chest only recolors in OB37:

Androxus- Gaunt
Barik - Foreman
Bomb King - Emerald
Buck - Mesa
Drogoz - Pride
Evie - Evocation
Fernando- Honorable
Grohk - Lichen
Grover - Saffron
Kinessa- Tracker
Makoa - Bahama
Mal'Damba - Juju
Pip - Uranium
Skye - Canary
Viktor - Olive Drab
Ying - Seer

when is OB37?

>Bomb King - Emerald
No more emerald bombking outside the box then?

>play against fairly competent drogoz
>buy blast shields and shit on him as ivan every time he pops into the air
:))))))))))))))

>everyone crying for wrecker nerf
>it gets an almost x2 buff

get fucking wrecked

>anyone with wrecker 3 already raped shields in a mere second or two
>now it will be basically twice as good

For what purpose

didnt do so bad right?
i solo killed smigden and kusqt a few times, im so proud of myself

>more objective time than Ying

kek

DID THE SERVERS DIE

I got kicked out of a game and I can't log in so I'm guessing so

you'll be like "oh well they didn't rape us TOO badly"

and then you queue into them again

and again

and again

the worst thing that can happen is that you actually win once. It's even worse than losing badly, because you had to claw that victory out after immense pain and suffering.

i get them pretty often
too often
but i am actually glad i do because going against people that are actually better than me makes me see things i wouldnt notice against regular retards

>tfw you get the same teammates over and over again and they never learn how to play their champion

I had a REALLY shitty Makoa today three times in a row. It was painful every single time.

OB 37 WHEN

You'd think Skye would zip up her jumpsuit so her Skyes aren't flopping all over the place and making it difficult to get around.

can you guess who i was?

How do you access the PTS? Or is it just for special snowflakes?

It's for distracting the enemy

>get a triple kill as fucking maldamba out of everyone
>snaking flankers who thought they could have an easy prey
>potg goes to androxus again

yeah yeah nice job on improving you """""algorithms""""" you fucks

F'Nando.

Nando.

Barik.

ddos attack.

>Be Grover
>Get a triple kill where I first throw a max range axe at Cassie and then hit Skye by accident somehow as well trying to hit Drogoz and shortly after I hit Drogoz as well after I use vine to pull myself around a corner and up in the air so I can get a clear line of sight since he was behind a rock
>POTG is Viktor jumping off his horse fresh from the spawn and getting quadra kill on a weakened team with his ult

Ying my waifu got a nerf, Grover got one too.

What the fuck

What the fuck seriously

Do you want me to stop playing support?

Right
Not right

POTG algorithm is getting tweaked this patch.

It's okay, user. Pip's healing potion got buffed, and Grohk's Crackle card got bugfixed.

Sure seems that way. Supports get nerfs and wrecker gets a massive buff.

they are pushing for pip main support. not bad, considering he'll be played more now and he's fun as fuck.

They don't want you to play support and they don't want others to play frontline. Why else would they nerf those roles and release another damage character

No, they want you to stop playing Frontliners

What are some fun decks/cards nobody ever uses?

Pip is already the single most versatile character in the game alongside Cassie. People were still leery of him because he's labeled a support but doesn't have the raw healing output of the other healers, even though his gimmick is single-shot AoE burst heals. They're making his healing potion stronger to give more incentive to play him like a proper healer and to keep him at pace with the rest of the supports.

Have a super-early-alpha Pip.

twitter.com/HiRezDrybear/status/796417025677656064

more frontliners when??

>I see Ying picture, I respond

Cassie with the card that grants you 80% dodge roll distance. Really interesting to play. Allows you to GTFO in any shit situation

FUCKING SHIT WHY DOES IT KEEP PUTTING ME IN MATCHES WITH RETARDS WHO PICK DAMAGE AND CANT KILL FOR SHIT
IM SO FUCKING PISSED AT THIS LIKE HOLY SHIT GO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE IF YOURE BAD AT A GAME THAT GIVES YOU ABILITES AND POWERUPS YOU FUCKING RETARD

>team has no healer, no tank
>i go tank
>another person goes tank
>switches to healer
>switches to flank
>no one else goes healer

THIS SHIT WHY DOES IT KEEP HAPPENING AND HAPPENING AND HAPPENING

>be tank
>have no support
>only dmg/flank tards
>enemy team has normal picks and are obviously not even good
>its still enough for them to win

every FUCKING time

Just play competitive my man

they're completely clueless. this game will die before overwatch at this rate.

>Cassie and Andrew are underperforming in most brackets
Most people can't hard carry their team with those two, true. But when they put the team on their back, holy fuck. Cassie is one of the best boxers in the game, and Andrew has one of the largest effective ranges of the flankers (if you consider his dash and the range on his revolver).

i just want a casual game for fucks sake
i dont want to get stomped over and over just because every single enemy has a brain and my cassie has 2 eliminations

To be fair, from how I'm interpreting that at least, it means there are so much shitters playing them that they end up looking bad statistically.
The good and nigh indestructible players don't outweigh the fuckton of memesters and edgeboys that play those two.

Low-Rez takes those statistics like them being bad or "too difficult for the average player :(", because they're fuckin dumb, and that's why they're not getting nerfed to oblivion.

>Cassie and Androxus underperforming

Nigga what.

Combined with her other flagship cards (reduced CD on roll if boosted arrow hits, increased lifesteal on roll-boosted shot), this makes Cassie uncatchable while still doing boatloads of damage.

Competitive paladins is casual as fuck. Just don't pick kinessa or play like shit and nobody will care. The quality of games in comp is well worth the que times.

holy shit how retarded is this guy

cassie and androxus are basically the only two champs I play because they are by far the most easy to carry with

this is an f2p game and the vast majority of people are complete shit so they just pick easy damage champs and play like shit, they can't take these stats as indications that said champs need buffs

>nerf Ying and Grover
>make Wrecker basically a shield rape so no one will play frontline
>now games will unironically be all damage/flank playing against each other

If most all Cassies and Andys were hard-carrying more consistently at all levels, then they'd be getting nerfed. But they're not; in fact, they're doing pretty badly. Most people only remember the hard carries because they were truly exceptional. You would fucking notice if those two were super good, because there would be a "Cassie always wins games" meme to complement the "Kinessa always loses games" meme.

According to Drybear's Twitter its coming out "Tomorrow hopefully"

forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?13102-Joining-Paladins-PTS-and-Contributing-to-Development-September-27th-2016

Someone should probably put this link in the next OP.

It begins!!!!

thelewd3dblog.tumblr.com/post/152958417331/ying-banged-by-genji-took-way-too-long-to-make-xd

see Just because most players are complete shit at playing a character doesn't mean said character should be buffed.

I can safely say that if cassie gets buffed any further I will be carrying at least 80% of my games to an easy win (compared to the current ~60%), especially now that wrecker is completely broken and lets her destroy any frontliner with minimal effort.

>Queue up for comp three times
>All of them im playing against a hacker Viktor
So this is the power of the BR server, woah

holy fuck this is so creepy

>because there would be a "Cassie always wins games" meme to complement the "Kinessa always loses games" meme
I win almost every game I play as Cassie. Almost everyone here would agree. The reason Cassie doesn't always win is because most Cassie players are retarded BRs.

Hi-Rez is trying to balance the entire game around champion winrates. This does not work because scrub teams pick too many flank/damage heroes and buy aggression, while non-retards are more likely to care about team composition and actually play tanks and supports. This artificially inflates the winrate on all of the tanks and supports, which leads Hi-Rez to retarded conclusions like thinking Grover needs nerfs.

Valve ruined TF2's baslance by doing the same shit: they changed weapon stats based on equip rates in pubs, when most of the players they were getting these metrics from couldn't care less about balance.

Do we know what specifically Hi-Rez looks at for balance purposes?

That's the point, bub.

Hi-Rez basing their balancing out of nothing but statistics is bananas. Cassie and Andy are arguably the most dangerous killing machines right now, but it takes at the very least some semblance of skill to truly fuck shit up with them and use their skills correctly, despite the "le hitbox log arrows XD" meme.

That said, we cannot escape the reality of the game being F2P, which basically implies catering to the lowest common denominator regardless of how much they seem to push the competitive garbage and their wonkyass "balance".

I'm willing to bet my left testicle that Grover getting nerfed is due to this retarded statistic system they have going on making it seem like he's too good.

We can make educated guesses.

>matched against literal pro
>bottom feeder kinessa on team says "they're ganking me hard"

>matched against kinessa
>skye literally kills her once all game
>says "turrets are revealing me"
holy shit
i'm not playing this game anymore until they fix the matchmaking

see In particular, the phrase
>underperforming at most levels of play
implies that they intentionally balance the game around casual matches.

From these recent patch notes you can tell things are gonna get worse. I'll see how it goes and if not much changes, guess I'll stop being a cheap ass and buy Overwatch.

>pick ying
>win game
Like pottery. If only she were half as fun as maldamba.

>buying Overguatch.
Trust me, you will get bored of it within a month. Unless you dedicate yourself into being an autistic genji main.

Was there a patch today or something?

Or was it yesterday?

"Levels of play" implies the competitive scene is included in the metrics as well. Don't forget the discussions about Skye and how she's a shitstomper in low-level casuals but is nonexistant in competitive.

That's why Ying's getting nerfed. Her healing output trumps everyone else, even if they're technically single-target heals.

nvm I see people are referring to the 37 patch notes posted above.

Patch this week. It's live on the PTS right now.

That's sad. I don't know, at least playing both I'll get to know which one is the least shitty game.

If they actually took the competitive scene into account they would know that Cassie is blatantly OP and that Grover needs buffs, not nerfs.

Hence why Drybear said "MOST levels of play." Although, in a fully competitive environment (pros vs. pros), I can't speak to how strong Cassie and Andy are.

Wait when they add a few more heroes and maps it will be way more enjoyable. But once you've played attack on hanamura against the same junkrat/mei/symmetra/hanzo meme team and your allies trickle in and die alone you kinda want to uninstall.

it's because there are so many cassie and androxus players that are fucking trash. Cassie and Androxus have high skill floors. Players in diamond STILL cannot play them for shit.

Winrates and metrics are not always a good indication of champion strength. If it's something like Pip or Ying average healing, then sure, that makes sense. Damage dealer winrates however are not always accurate metrics because they attract the worst players imaginable.

If they really still insist on changing Cassie and Andro to lower their skill floors, then I recommend that Cassie has to have her combo gutted and maybe given an actual ult that's actually useful in non-organized play. Andro should have defiance buffed so shitters can hit things, but his ult and his LMB nerfed.

>Andro should have defiance buffed so shitters can hit things, but his ult and his LMB nerfed.
Bringing back those Fan the Hammer days, eh?

leddit called the leak fake.

blog.rivalkingdomsgame.com/post/112882801295/developer-diaries-paladin-concept-art

Thank God, now we can still have hope for a loli frontliner.

>nip evie
>not Junko
uhhhhhh
hello???????????

Yes they do, that's why our hitboxes are garbage too.

youtu.be/ZMHnh2zEfGQ?t=984

they have the same english VA

If I get the PTS, will it use the same config files as the main game? Will it alter them?

no, there are different directories in my games

>he uses English VA's in a Japanese game
lmaoing at you

>at the point where always playing against pro players EVERY FUCKING GAME, always finish games with like 10 eliminations and 20 deaths
>keep winning because always play tank/support, keep getting placed against more and more pros

Yeah got matched against team fakeout yesterday.

We lost 0-4

>we

boohoo premade scum

Yeah fuck it good.

>literally me and one friend
Boy i sure am stacking hard brah.

If I'm not mistaken, a bodyshot from Try'n'rungril will deal 4225 damage to Cuckus with the new Wrecker 3.

ABLOOBLOO!!

If you don't like facing premades just play ranked.

>shitnessa pickers
>ever buying anything other than aggression

>the guy has "br666" in his name
the greatest redflag.

I WOULD RATHER LOSE THAN PLAY TNAK OR SUPPORT

what's the Ying shatter meme build?