/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: plailect.github.io/Guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo released 11.2. Updating is safe for RedNAND/a9lh users. Several security flaws have been fixed. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: use ctr-httpwn if you want to play online.
-You can downgrade from 11.2 with a hardmod or hacked system transfer. plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade
-SD card access in DS mode is now available. Playing commercial games isn't possible at the moment without a DS flashcard. gbatemp.net/threads/413015
-New Decrypt9 release allows to create dumps from installed games.

>Wii U
-haxci has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/447688/
-Stable CFW with RedNAND released. gbatemp.net/threads/446819/
-You can run games from USB without IOSU. gbatemp.net/threads/445514

>Vita
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-New Maidump release. github.com/LioMajor/MaiDumpToolEN/releases
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-More details on the 4.01 jailbreak. wololo.net/2016/10/26/details-surface-ps4-4-01-jailbreak-potentially-enough-public-release-soon/
-Rumor from a reputable warez group that hacks are coming soon. wololo.net/2016/11/02/ps4-xbox-one-hacks-trsi-announces-warez-getting-close/

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax/releases
smealum.github.io/3ds/
pastebin.com/4e5AiK7s
youtube.com/watch?v=b7w1LinCh38
lmgtfy.com/?q=3ds to cia converter
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So I'm new to this. Can someone explain how 3DS online play works on CFW? I read something about how they ban you if you don't have the correct...headers? But that it's somehow still possible to play online without worrying about that? What do people do to get around it? And is it safe to use SpotPass and stuff?

Loadliine is slow as shit when I try to play Dracula X on SNES. Anyone know a fix?

Can .cia's be hexedited easily? I want to Outline patch Moon but this code has only been tested with the .cci
>Go to offset 0x00322748: replace 04 20 80 E5 with 00 F0 20 E3

Please help me i just want to play moon but i can't even get menuhax

What am i doing wrong

That header shit you've read only applies to roms. Cia files don't have them

CFW works exactly like legit.
Headers are only for flashcards but they can be spoofed anyway. I don't think anyone has confirmed being banned from headers.

Not connecting to the internet

Header shit is ancient and outdated.

>still no pokemon sun CIA
FUCK I JUST WANT SOLGALEO

Is that Sanic the Pidgeot? Also nice orientation faggot.

That's a relief. But how exactly do they fool Nintendo into thinking it's legit? What makes it so easy?

And, FreeShop is still CIA files right? Like I said I'm pretty new so I went with the easiest method.

just inject it :^)

But i am connected

you aren't even that far into the game yet

Nintendo is retarded. Always have been.

Fate/Extella dump when?

How do I bathe/groom my pokemon? it said that you can do it in the pokemon amie shit but all I can do is give it berries

Press Y at the end of a battle when you see the icon.

And yet, it took us so long to get cfw for the 3DS.

I'm a fucking idiot, I bought a New 3DS XL after getting back into playing Pokemon games and updated for pokebank to transfer my BW2 pokemon to XY/ORAS without knowing about homebrew, hacking, pirating and all the other good shit.

Currently on 11.2.0-35U

Is there anything I can do? Also I'm not going to fuck with that hard modding shit, I spent like 200 bucks on this, would be pissed if I fucking broke it a month later.

>He hasn't hacked his PS3 yet so he can play all the awesome undubs and JRPGs

There was CFW on 4.5. The big hang up was getting a downgrader working above 9.2.

anybody got a shiny yet?

How do you say warez?

Only one company still releases games without dual audio these days, and you are in /hbg/, so you're kinda preaching to the choir.

wait until sun moon release. or return

Softwares without the soft.

Someone have a working moon link? all the ones i've seen are down

werewolf without the awoooooooo

>mfw we only need hacked ps4 to be complete

What is sky3ds?

Buyers remorse in cart form

3ds flashcard

>If your backup is of a version between 3.0.0 and 4.5.0, do the following
what backup? The nandmin.bin doesnt have any version number, do they mean the system version(i was on 2.1.0)? or something else?

I had that problem too. I just skipped installing menuhax

You were on a particular version when you made nandmin. Probably 9.2.

obsolete technology

How did you managed to launch sysDowngrader ? I'm struggling with it non-stop since two days, I think I'm turning mad about this.

Still there's a ton of good games on PS3 worth playing, Pokémon normies here are missing out.

It hurts bros. I updated 3.61 forever ago with seemingly no way to downgrade.

I just launched it through browserhax every time I need to use the homebrew loader. You only ever need to do it like 2-3 times.

Try httpwn so you can download steel divers and get steelhax

I have literally 0 knowledge about torrent shit.

I just downloaded "Transmission, installed it and dragged a link into it. Its just a zip file that i need for some 2.1.0 ctrtansfer. Am i doing this right?
I dont get why they didnt put a direct link to the zip file on the website.

I tried that shit around hundred times with browserhax, I'm getting sick of it.

trying this, hope it'll work.

Did sun leak yet?

By keeping the torrent application open you're letting other people download the same file from your computer.

It saves them server costs.

Anyone know what the max amount of storage boxes in sun/moon is ? I think it was 31 in ORAS ? I'm prepping to mass transfer all my shit from ORAS over and need to unlock boxes

>trainers giving like 80 pokebux per win
>i have total 30k+ pokebux somehow

so /pokegen/ do you just start with tons of money in this game?

But only this one specific file and nothing else, right? I don't want to get in trouble for this shit

Whelp, looks like server is down, is there any other way I can achieve this ?
I feel like I've used all options, I've tried many variations of sysDowngrader, tried hours long install menuhax, but nothing seems to work.

Yeah, only what you have downloaded do you upload in return.

Just wait till you start buying clothes and haircuts.

Great, thanks

It seriously sounds like the internet connection on your console is failing somehow. That or all of the homebrew links are dead at once.

there's a way to install menuhax offline by putting files on your sd card.

Anyone have a .cia for Quest of Dungeons? Too lazy to make an account on 3dsiso right now.

>not already having an account

Well, looks like it : yellows8/ctr-httpwn/issues/32

I've tried that too, but that crap is telling me that my menuhax isn't up to date when it actually is, maybe my config file is wrong, but it's the one given by yellows8 so I'm clueless about this.

If i use a 4 gb SD card to hack my 3ds and install all that stuff, can i switch the SD card later on or do i have to repeat everything again?

You should be fine.

Switching later is possible

is it good? tell me about it and imma get the link for you

i inject a shit ton of nuggets so i can sell them and buy all the clothes and accessories

I would just get a new sd card then do it less hassle

It's in freeshop

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but, has anyone replaced the C stick on the N3ds with the psp stick?

I just did this step here:

Section II - Backup tickets
Go to “Ticket/Titlekey Options”, then select “Ticket Dump (SysNAND)”
Press (Select) to eject your SD card, then put it in your computer
Delete all .tik files in the /files9/ folder that do not start with “00-“

But there are no .tik files in that folder. Can i just go on?

Did you get menuhax here?
github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax/releases

and make sure you get the correct ropbin the the system version you are currently on from here?
smealum.github.io/3ds/

>tfw unhackable PS3
>won't be able to play P5

If you don't care about portability, just snag a cheap PSTV. If you already own a Vita, then chances are you already have a memory card, so that's over half the cost gone already.

It's just a standard roguelike with 16-bit pixel graphics.

Am i able to use a .3ds file without sky3ds?

Why? Your Vita is not dead yet and will be able to play the new games, rejoice.

Henkaku is a curse, until it run 3.61+ games which should happens NEVER EVER

Yeah, that's where I got menuhax from.

Put robpin in the root/menuhax/robpin folder, I have 9.5.0-22 E version.

Sadly it doesn't work, am i doing something wrong ?

You need to convert them to .cia

Just finished installing armloader9hax, should i install NTR cfw as well or just go to FBI and isntall pokemon moon?
pastebin.com/4e5AiK7s
I used this

Title ID: 0004000000186D00
encTitleKey: A63336A37B8A5EFC305CCA23CDB877A6

I will try that, thank you user

What do I do with that faggot?

do it for vesperia
youtube.com/watch?v=b7w1LinCh38

Welp, guess I'd better install cfw or something instead of just using rxtools.

I WOULD SUCK A DICK FOR POKEMON SUN

Dude just change your clock and moon becomes the same game.

First for Where the fuck is the .cia for this?!? I wanna play my shitty cartoon stars game NOW!!

This worked, thanks a bountiful bunch user, I love you.

because it's on a recent firmware

How do i change a.3ds file to a cia?

rename

PM'D U TEH FIX =^)

fuck this shit
how do i fucking get menuhax with the site down? im on 9.8 i want to downgrade and get this shit fucking OVER WITH

i have all the files that faggot has and i have no idea what to do next because the fucking OP guide doesn't tell you anything

says it's supposed to be in
SD "/menuhax/menuhaxmanager_input_payload.bin

I didn't format my SD card before starting, am I screwed?

What if I want exclusive pokemon? Are you just gonna tell me to "just inject it :^)"?

What firmware is vita on if I just go buy one?

Yeah, pretty much.

here lmgtfy.com/?q=3ds to cia converter

>3.63 NEVER EVER

I have a little problem with this step here:

Clear Home Menu’s extdata by navigating to the following folder on your SD card: /Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000/

Because there are two folders of that kind and i am not sure which one to delete. Should i delete both or what?

delete both