all i did was tweet at one of their writers

>GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
>Godot: godotengine.org
>Haxe: haxeflixel.com
>LÖVE: love2d.org
>UE4: unrealengine.com
>Unity: unity3d.com
>Monogame: monogame.net
Too political. Why isn't MY engine of choice on there?

blame the electoral college

I'm not sure why HaxeFlixel is still there. I don't think anyone has ever used it.

Congratulations on including "/agdg/" in the title. Truly a noble sacrifice to type those two extra characters.

Apologies for the delay everyone, got caught up in the election happenings. I went back and noticed some complaints about incorrect scores. Looking into it briefly, I realized that some of the old recap images I was referencing had later been updated with more entries in another thread, so I hunted those down and adjusted the scores accordingly. Here are the current, updated scores:

21 ... Unnamed Pixel Platformer
17 ... Monolith
15 ... Skylarks
13 ... [Placeholder Title]
7 ... Crystal Chrysalis
7 ... RPG Town Builder
5 ... Clarent
5 ... Throbot
5 ... Catgirl Pool Party
3 ... Ctesiphon
3 ... FPSpooky
3 ... Project Retro (Working Title)
3 ... Whimp the Bold
3 ... Arborgore
3 ... Shiphack
2 ... Not-Castlevania
2 ... Rowan
2 ... Maid Game
2 ... Elements Torn
2 ... card tactix
1 ... REM Project
1 ... #21: The World
1 ... Space Dementia
1 ... Sim Loli
1 ... Vampire's Bit
1 ... Rune Revolver
1 ... Project Sunshine (placeholder)
1 ... City Night
1 ... RoboDungeons [working title]

If you believe your score is still incorrect and want it rectified, let me know and I'll recount.

How is PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP going to improve your game deving?

Controls fixed, doubled the number of spells, time for a post-demo day break

By not making me wonder if I'll have to pay the ESRB $800 to rate it so I can have it sold to minors

game?

I don't understand, are you making a console game or something?

I was worried Clinton was going to mandate that to sell to children, a game has to have an ESRB rating of Teen or below

Why did you think that

Whimp the Bold demo: attaboy.itch.io/whimp-the-bold-ddxi
I didn’t have much time to test this build out, it’s been a wacky day in the world.
Things to note:

You can hover again after absorbing into a wall
The flower is technically shielded when it is standing still with the bulb up. This applies for when you’re controlling it
You take 2 hits as Whimp, up to 6 within an enemy. The 2 hits regenerate after absorbing.
I’m shit at level design :(
Sorry about the mixels in the title screen, “the Bold” is placeholder

She's tried stuff like that before
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_Entertainment_Protection_Act

But thats all in the past now, praise kek!

>tfw nobody responded to your progress so you samefag to feel better about yourself

itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-11/rate/95974

Seriously, try just contacting these guys. Brendy who does the free games column has a taste that leans toward walking sims and novelties, but it doesn't hurt to try either way.

Where is the praise kek thing from? I only browse here and /tv/.

I'm learning it si pretty cool

>not transcribing the URL and reading the article yourself

>so I hunted those down and adjusted the scores accordingly
You're a true hero, Recap Guy #53.

>thinking i give enough of a shit to type all that shit out

I didn't realize that blocking mechanic existed, no, though it sounds great conceptually and I'll definitely be trying it out. It probably would've taken me a while to figure that one out on my own, though flashing text might be too heavy-handed a solution to the issue. The "successful link" "particle" that appears on a combo link or link-dash is already universal language in the game for a successfully queued attack or action, so you might use that, although maybe using it for blocks would be inconsistent with the other things that trigger it? Food for thought, at least. Barring that, I /personally/ think explaining mechanics in the documentation is sufficient, but I know that a developer has to be conscious of the fact that most people can't be fucked to read a manual or instructions, or even go through a non-mandatory tutorial.

So what might work better is that there is just a limit on how fast you can move while firing a gun, based on the gun's size, and slowing down to that speed takes time.

>giving just enough of a shit to greentext on Veeky Forums instead of typing a url

in gm, can I add force to something that's being moved via path_start?

Is monogame a meme? I want to make some kind of dumb, system bloated, sand box rpg thing.

any time you don't know thing, google thing first
always
every time

Is that a cutebold?

Have some day old progress

I need to stop making more editors

When I used the inbuilt pathfinding system with physics enabled objects I did it in a very roundabout way. Is that what you're attempting to do?

You'll likely have a better time not using something like Unity or GM, yeah.

ye

What do you make them in? C# + WPF?

Oh good, i was waiting to try out this one

I really need to get into unity editor scripts

shit looks fucking amazing

Yeah, basically all I'm wondering is if I have something on a path and I add force to it in a direction, will it try to get back on the path

Every time I learn a new modeling technique I come back to this same fucking ship and instantly get sick of working on it

How would you go about decolorizing an image while minimizing detail loss?
I want to tint it different colors and just plain ol de-saturation isn't enough if the original image is dark.

thats pretty sweet

Thanks user, hope you like it. It's a pretty thin demo, but hopefully you get the point

Unity GUI scripting. A lot of GUILayout and EditorGUILayout. This one is about 240 lines of code just for the editor, not including all the classes for the items and their features.

It's surprisingly fun to make these. It's my fourth editor in a week.

Thanks. Here's one more.

I got this one working earlier but it still needs more features and I need to implement a version of it to the Item editor to make Unique items.

Unfortunately I don't have an answer for that. I was probably a dumbfuck ghetto rig strategy, but I used non-physics enabled pathfinding agents as anchors for the physics objects I wanted to travel on paths, so the little knowledge I gained from that attempted game isn't really of use to you.

My guess is that, if a physics object can even be made to use the pathing system without ghetto rigging, it will continue on the path with relative displacement caused by the force you apply to it, rather than gravitating or snapping back to the path position (though it may do the latter, or it may simple ignore the force).

Any time you want to test a concept like this, it's easiest to set your game aside, open up a new project, and code an example that specifically tests what you need to know.

oops posted on old thread

clyp.it/jd1d3vbz

Here's another boss theme for Monolith. Hope you like.

How do you do the "player draws shapes and things happen" thing like Google's Halloween game? I don't even know what to google desu

1. capture mouse position every frame
2. store that in an array of positions
3. see if the shape matches a premade shape, within a certain margin of error

>What's retarded about a larger gun taking more time to line up for firing?
That's not what you said. You said firing delay, which without any context would mean a gun with a long barrel (a sniper rifle? a 15cm naval cannon? what are we talking about here?) takes 1 second between mouse click and firing. Which just sounds bad and dumb without knowing the context and intent.

There are situations where it can work and feel good, but it requires careful design and lots of juice.

Or maybe you're just aiming for one of those "it's supposed to feel bad because that's what I think realism feels like", in which case, good job.

I'm gonna need more context, because without it all I give you is a generic answer that firing delay feels bad because in general it does.

>draw the rest of the owl

Nevermind I'm an idiot and I didn't read the whole post because I was reading on a phone at the time.

Still, I stand by what I said. I understand where you're coming from user, and from a totally logical standpoint I can see why you think that's a good idea. It's not a good idea, but if you don't believe me I encourage you to implement it yourself and see what you think. Give it to others and see what they think. Maybe you can make this work, but it's not likely.

There's a reason that conventions in shooters are conventions. What you're trying to do can be solved by modifying recoil values or spread values so that you are naturally forced to take more time between shots rather than having this weird arbitrary system that introduces a delay between trigger pull and firing which makes no physical sense whatsoever.

Is this yours?

Yeh but how do you compare, obviously you can't just go "if (distance from mousepos to shapepos < margin of error)" cuz the player might have drawn the shape really big and slow or small and fast so there's gonna be a different amount of positions recorded. You'd have to use some sort of mathematical model to see if points are a certain distance from the predefined shape, and move and scale it so it's as similar as possible to the players shape

Do you mean like gesture recognition, like drawing sigils to cast spells? Or do you mean like, drawing a shape and then it becomes a real physical object? Or do you mean like, you draw a stickman and it becomes your character?

Oh, googum... did you get any dosh?

>googum

>googs

You know I'm not even surprised

Gesture recognition, couldn't remember what it was called

problem?

I've seen furry patreon artists that're less jewish than you. You should consider sitting in the corner and think about your actions.

Breaking news: Australian game developer holds players of his new game at gunpoint and forces them to get an "achievement" that requires sending him money.

bullshit.

>It's a googum tries to start a ARG episode

Guys... Gogem killed himself last night after the election. and. are imposters.

There's Patreon artists out there that still share their artwork to non-patreons. Just supporting them just gives them free commissions and shit.

and yet here you are trying to have an auction for a goddamn achievement in your half-hearted attempt at a game.

Shame on you, at least Phil Fish finished a goddamn game and left it at that without trying to wring more money outta people.

>without trying to wring more money outta people
What is Indie game: The movie

oh u

Made lots of progress today and yesterday. Implemented a working dialogue/text popup system, buying and equipping new weapons, and boss enemies. Next up is working on locking rooms, adding keys and switches, and making the boss' death open doors. Then I'll have all the mechanics for the dungeon crawler part of the game in place!

consider the following: it's a steam achievement achievements are completely meaningless and have no impact on the game, charging money for meaningless things is perfectly normal happens all the time. what is so egregious about this that i deserve to be shit on by twitch cunts who charge 5 bucks for chat emoticons?

>there is nothing wrong about charging money for achievements
kys

I unironically like clickers and I think this looks neat.

It's the principle of the matter, and the sheer audacity of it says a lot about you as a creator. Granted your half-assed attempts at gamedev in general say enough as is. Just because there are twitch cunts that're being cancerous doesn't mean you have to act like that.

goog's pay-to-achieve deserves a front page expose on kotaku

I like clickers too, one of the original ones with the candy that quickly turns into a sweeping RPG adventure with platforming elements is a personal favorite.

This guy taking it a step further with full on controls during the action scenes is pretty fucking dope. Dungeon clicker dev, I hope you plan on making a comfy home base where the player can chill out to heal or let their resources grow

>the sheer audacity of it says a lot about you as a creator
It's performance art and you're becoming part of it

Keep going, this is incredible

Thank you!

It's funny you mentioned the house thing, because that's pretty much my plan! Here's my current plan (this is the entire design doc lol):

The idle game: The player earns EXP and coins every second or two as a bar in the top left fills up (you can see it in the gifs I posted). With EXP, the player levels up, which unlocks new idle game upgrades (make the bar go faster, earn more EXP when it fills up etc) that are bought with coins. In addition, the player gets a small boost to their EXP gain speed when they're in their house at the town instead of the dungeon. This is where the idle game side really comes in- the player can buy a bunch of different upgrades for their house with coins that change its appearance, the bonuses you get from stopping by there, and how many coins you earn when the bar fills up. Generally the house improvement is cosmetic stuff, but you can unlock unique equipment for upgrading stuff around the house to max.

The dungeon crawler: The dungeon is where the main gameplay is. Presented as a side-scroller, the player earns EXP and coins from defeating monsters. Each floor of the dungeon gets progressively more difficult, but with better rewards. The goal is to reach the bottom for phat loot or something. On this side of the game, the player's EXP level affects the supplies they can purchase from the blacksmith in town with coins. Generally, it's faster to gain EXP and coins by beating up monsters than just idling until the house has significant upgrades. The player's level also gives them a boost or detriment to damage dealt, depending on what floor they're on- this is how I plan on gating the game's progress by the player's level, but never in a way that requires the player to resort to sitting in the house doing nothing unless that's what they want to do.

Omoshiroi

im only charging money to teach how to get the achievement.
if someone has the bravery to pay (unafraid of how much the previous achievement hunter has paid) they get knowledge which they can use however they wish.
they could not use it and never get the achievement.
they could tell everyone and make paying for the achievment worthless.

instead they...

daily reminder to report it to steam

instead they use SAM

>they could tell everyone
Didn't realize thats how it was
Get Martin Shkreli on the phone

yeah im just like Martin Shkreli, you could die if you cant afford an achievement.
there's also another achievement in SIT which isnt for sale which no one can get except me. hope no one needs that to live.

>"How many levels of microtransactions are you on?" "Like, 5 or 6 my dude" "You are like a baby, watch THIS"
Cake

he's referencing the wu tang album thing

oh right.
im literally wu tang clan so this is an apt metaphor.

here's your controller, bro

clyp.it/auibcnva

Ok, I made some fixes to the track, should be ok for now.

I really dig this. how easy is Pxtone to work with? I've always wanted to try making music

You can now destroy these busts then kick around their heads.

yes I stole that from Blood

I used a manual from Gryzor87 to get some neat tips and tricks for music, but def. not hard to work with. Might be a bit cumbersome in some areas tho.

>gryzor87

You're taking notes from a very talented man. I look forward to listening to more of your music in the future dude

I got buggy raycasting in a fixed slopes and now I have about 200 more things to do. How do you stay focused and productive when 1MA'ing a project that'll probably take years?

My scope is big, but it's pretty settled/final at this point. I know what to do, just not exactly how (but I can figure it out) or in what order (which I apparently can't).

Is Ace Combat bro here? Post a webm, I want to show a friend your awesome game.

RIP frog game

Anyone have any spare Dino Jam ideas?

>I know what to do, just not exactly how
I've gone down this path and discovered the limits of computation quite a few times.

nope still being worked on. Now we're only posting official announcements rather than every little bit of progress

That sucks, no more constant frogress on agdg then?

>frogress

Did you at least replace the fucking double jump animation yet?

all the frog devs have died