/vag/ - Vanilla General

Pickles edition

This is the vanilla wow containment server general.

>What's the plan?

Literally everyone is leaving for nost2.0 which will be hosted by Valkyrie (check nostalbegins twitter). Nihilum is dead, sell your k2 characters asap.

>what faction are we rolling?

Most of us are going horde in
Some people are planning alliance in

tags: nosg krog wpsg elyg world of warcraft

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=nostalrius&ie=utf-8
discord.gg/WNz7G
valkyrie-wow.org/zhcn/lang/en/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for staying on Kronos.

So Nost 2.0 doing stress tests this weekend. Time for server going live? 2-3 weeks?

>Kronocucks
LOL

pickles doesn't even play vanilla

three weeks it's lookin like

Daily reminder that PvP will look like this again, and if you complain, Pottu will ban you.

follow the rules monkey

where is mankirks wife

>call a chink a chink
>get banned
>they spew the most vile shit at you in moonrunes and get off scott free because cuck admins cant even read what theyre saying

reminder that it will be at least (LEAST) the end of this month before server is up.

Just a reminder that Trump kiddies aren't allowed in the Veeky Forums Alliance guild.

Hi everyone Ituh here, just a reminder that I will be leading the horde guild on Nostalrius II with help from the /wpsg/ and /nosg/ greats of old.

"healsluts", "girls", and "ERP friendly" anons won't be tolerated so don't worry about falling into old pitfalls. Loot structure has not been decided other than it will not be LC to avoid gorrubt gore issues.

im tempted to level up as a priest and go wand spec / disc for leveling because pvp as disc is fucking hilarious up until about level 30. but i also want to roll a druid for that world pvp.
deciding which class to play and the name for my guy is always so hard for me.

Can you please roll horde?
I want to roll alliance myself but i also want to farm any tears the election hasnt torn out of you yet.

Don't make me choose.

would that fit?

Will not being a dwarf priest cuck me out of raiding or does it not really matter as long as I'm good?

How old is this Smolderforge screenshot?

The few couple times I've gone there in the past 3 -5 months it has been dead.

There's no such thing as a good priest

Fear ward is really only used on, like, what? 3 Bosses in Vanilla?

You'll be fine regardless.

>being a stinky manlet

Does this get banned on official boards and reddit? I haven't seen anyone mention it as an issue. Everyone forgot or?

Don't worry I finished my gold CMs in MoP I'm good :^)

>nost servers are in Russia
why couldn't they be in fucking mexico

Will we need a seperate realmlist from what we used on valk?

>being such a sperg that you have to toss "cuck" into every word somehow
i hope trump deports your illegal parents, pablo

Did they comment on the China issue anywhere? Server will be worthless if it's full of Chinks again.

wait so who said that server is going to be safe?
or its another episode of godtier server that runs for a few months then peace out blizzard sued us ?

Don't worry fellow vanilla bro crestfall beta coming 26th of December.

We will have a real server with cross-realm bgs and everything by early 2017

More like early 2018 lol

It's in Russia now.
>b-but le Trump and Russia will be friends!
They'll be a bit closer now, but your dumb if you think Putin is suddenly going to bend over backwards for the US now.

GM "Ultimate Cuck" Pottu is in charge of this stuff and his stance is that anyone who complains about the Chinese infestation is an ignorant racist most definitely not living in the current year.

You can actually talk to Chinese players about it, though, because they'll be straight with you; the Chinese view MMOs completely differently from the west. Things like botting, gold selling, AFK win trading and node camping is all a-okay for them and they find it weird that western players see these practices as taboo. It's utterly incompatible.

id actually like to go back and play my 50days played mage and keep gearing that lil nigga.
but they fucked mo over once, and almost a year passed
this whole its in safe in russia boys is sketchy as fuck
i dont want to invest time in it only to get depressed again when they take it away

desu i dont mind buying/selling characters. but botting and afk win trading should be bannable.

>Things like botting, gold selling, AFK win trading and node camping is all a-okay for them and they find it weird that western players see these practices as taboo. It's utterly incompatible.
I know, that's why I don't understand why they're avoiding the issue again.

Well, buying/selling anything = everyone must find the most efficient way to farm it for sale, hence botting/wintrading/etc.

>I know, that's why I don't understand why they're avoiding the issue again.
Because it's 2016

>this whole its in safe in russia boys is sketchy as fuck
It's not hosted in Russia, it's just that the Valkyrie admins are Russians. It will be hosted with OVH again like Nost, even current Elysium is hosted with OVH (France).

Is there ever going to be a solution to the yellow peril/squinting scourge/chinese problem except a total and complete bann?
They can farm gold all they want but ruining PvP just pisses everyone off and they don't even see why it annoys us so much because they are subhuman souless creatures.

They said they'll take care of the problem.

There are lots of questions about the new server here and we don't know the answers to lots of them.
There is an AMA on leddit on the 13th, i would encourage some of you to ask questions, and the china issue would definitely be a decent one.
I know it may be a lot to ask, but doing it without using words like "chink" would help, and using common sense shit like the fact that chinks don't even see a problem with gold selling/buying and mostly sell to other chinks, which means more chinks, which means more farmers, repeat repeat.
If I could find the old chink gold site that I used to look at to see which ranked characters were being sold by the chinese fags, i would bet a lot of money they're already talking about the new server.
It's true most of the old nost devs are there so it may be useless, but there are valk people in charge as well and i'm hoping they aren't as hopelessly cucked. Suzerain is doing the ama, and they aren't a nost fag.

well that explains everything thanks lad,but seriously what is there method to fix the Chink problem the? link/source?

>>If I could find the old chink gold site that I used to look at to see which ranked characters were being sold by the chinese fags, i would bet a lot of money they're already talking about the new server.
Just look at their discussion sites if you can read Chinese. The news is already out.

tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=nostalrius&ie=utf-8

They didn't say anything, he's probably thinking of some other private server.

Range ban China
Build a wall

OFFICIAL OCEANIC HORDE 2 GUILD:

discord.gg/WNz7G

HYPE

>nuclear war with Trump
>the guy who wants America to be friends with Russia will start a nuclear war
>the woman who wants to start a nuclear war with Russia won't
Okay

Fuck off hamish you rat

>not
kys

They claimed they will not allow any VPN connections to the servers since China has to connect through VPNs.

Who gives a shit about any of this? Who the fuck cares about life anymore? Koragon LITERALLY recorded and uploaded a video of him eating his own cum.

takes on a whole new meaning for me...

I'm done with Horde.

I doubt that considering they even made the chinks their own registration page and hired a Chinese speaking GM

valkyrie-wow.org/zhcn/lang/en/

With pop limit like kornos ( 4k ) and split to more than 1 server. With quality like kronos or worse. Where is the difference? bc

I'm pretty sure that was some other server, or at least old Elysium before Nost team came along and turned it into the same SJW shithole.

literally who?

No you didn't you bought a run.

koragon, you can stop reposting this, we know youre a literal faggot

Holy fuck. What.... I can't even... for the same server we're supposed to play on?

For reals? I was planning on making one on Alliance with a bunch of people i knew but if there is going to be an aussie one already

Which realm will Xiao be rolling on?

That's Crestfall. They're blocking VPNs and possibly making a separate server for china (probably not necessary now since they'll all be on nost2).

Sadly it will be the fresh server since they will already have a tonne of money on Nost 2.0 already and more people are interested in playing on a fresh server than one working on AQ event, This will also be the reason why the Fresh start will be the most successful server due to having more active players.

this is gonna be perfect for crestfall
hype babies and gooks on nost
pros om crest

I've been reporting it each time it gets posted though

Is Kronos worth playing or should I just wait til Nost2.0?

May as well use it to get your addons/binds set up if you're completely new

otherwise no

Yeah! Can't wait to play Crestfall in 2020. Epic!

The beta will be up before nost 2.0 is

The beta was supposed to be up like 4 months ago.
>t-this time for sure! t-t-trust us!

the (CLOSED) beta comes out on the fucking 26th
nost2.0 is gonna be out the first week of december

So my friends and I are going to play when it's back up.

I just need to know what tanks and specs are really viable late game. Are boomkins a thing? Feral Tanks, Paladin spec viability, etc

Corecraft will be out by then too

Everything is viable if you believe in yourself

No tanks besides warriors tanks are viable.

Prot paladins - Oom very quickly ( 2-3 consecs and you're out ) deranking will not give you enough threat gen at higher levels.
Druids tanks - Not bad can work and have before there was plenty of videos of Druid tanks tanking MC and BWL in vanilla.
Vanilla is just a shit show of MIN/MAXING in raids now and no one will take you seriously.

every class that can tank can tank dungeons while leveling, the only class that can tank raids is warrior
boomkins are pretty much awful everywhere, they can be fun in pvp but they aren't particularly good
paladins really only heal at endgame, holy is real good at pvp and pve, ret is ok in pvp and shit in pve

>ret is ok in pvp
Maybe if they are 2 tiers of gear below you

What about ele shamans? I've heard that they do alright with AQ gear and spell penetration.

Viable raiding specs
>Tanking
Protection Warrior
>Healing
Holy Priest
Holy Paladin
Restoration Shaman
Restoration Druid
>DPSing
Fury Warrior
Combat Rogue
Destruction Warlock (
Frost Mage (pre-ZG)
Fire Mage (ZG onwards)
Marksman Hunter

Most guilds will take one Shadow Priest once BWL (16 debuffs) hits.
Some guilds will take a Disc Priest for power infuse and some a Feral Druid for the crit, but both generally aren't seen as worth it.

a server, esp if it has nost pop levels can handle an alliance and horde guild. if they can do it on k2, they can do it again on nost2

My guild had a boomkin because of the 3% buff which helps the mages/warlocks achieve MAJOR HIGH dps.

One thing I wish servers would do is release ZG like a month after BWL.

It's pretty silly that they wait 3-4 months. ZG is the filler for MC-BWL and very very very little of AQ.

Maybe, but AQ is a long way away and nobody will carry an elemental shaman through MC/BWL.
It's seen as a PvP spec.

So-so you're better off going Enhance and being a Nightfall bitch or going resto and throwing lightening at people.

3% crit is roughly a little more than 3% damage increase, obviously modified by talents. Your own damage doesn't outweigh that even if given to 4 casters.

holy is way better than ret for endgame pvping
if you want a melee then warrior is better

No shit.

I know that if I want to raid seriously as a shaman I need to be resto, I'm fine with that. I was mostly wondering how retarded it would be to attempt to gear up an elemental off-spec and attempt to raid with it once I wasn't dead weight.

is there a reason for this or just being a fag?not gonna watch the whole thing but I guess he really does it?

Very common, any mail gear with spell damage is going to a shaman, and there is ample of it. Basically the entirety of the Shaman 2.5 set can be used as elemental pvp. It's just not viable in raiding until you are tier the content. And you won't raid AQ as elemental because of resistances (assuming Nost scripting isn't as shit and people say and resistances actually work properly)

yea fuck this, this is straight up an offense on not speaking english which should be bannable if repeated constantly, what a fucking cuck

Maybe if you suck up to the GM

Well the problem is that while you'll be doing decent damage in AQ gear the bosses in AQ themselves have high nature resistance so your dps is kind of fucked in that raid much like fire mage dps is fucked in MC.

Maybe you could raid resto MC-AQ and dps naxx? I've never seen it tried so no fucking clue if that works.

I see, well that's a little disappointing, at least I can pvp as elemental in any case.

>>yea fuck this, this is straight up an offense on not speaking english which should be bannable if repeated constantly
It never was. I personally reported hundreds of them, and not a single one was ever banned or muted.

In Mankrik's kitchen

test

Why vanilla raiding and class balance is garbage: the post

not enough rage
need more rage

Why does no one play gnome warriors? Does racial traits matter this much? Yeah, I'm one of those weird guys who plays a human priest instead of a dwarf.