tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game, for pc you have to join using the link

>News
Angel City map coming december, late november for preorders
Prime Ion and Scorch skins coming in December
The pc network has been purged, join on the new one linked above

>Whats changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

Doomed thread

Other urls found in this thread:

vgy.me/OMLbgW.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

who else /grappleEPG/ here? feels good man

Anyone else having issues getting into matches?
Says it finds people, but the match never starts.

what's up with the servers?
seems like the system can't create the match

2/2

forgt the file whoops

Is the double take a completely shitty gun or is it just me? The DMR at least can be amped to a one shot kill but the D_T has the worst travel time and weird diverging projectile pattern

be honest did you mean to tag the cloak dude

feels shitty for sure, the first sniper feels far more better. The sights on double take are bonkers too.
also
>tfw severs shit themselves and can't play

not at all

you can disable the button hints?

There's an option in the menus but it doesn't really do much

kaBOOM

outskilled

nice kill by titanfall though. this is why you should not leave your titan. auto titans seem far less useful in tf2

THIS IS WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

-Tone shield reduced in size
-Tone main weapon range limit
-Make Ion mines actually do something
-Scorch core projectile slightly wider
-Scorch main weapon buffed to 2 shots baseline
-Scorch trap reduced to 1, but 2 available as a loadout kit option
-Scorch "Thermite lasts longer" loadout kit baseline both as an offensive tool and to make scorch be careful of where he steps instead of being steamrolly
-Ronin phase shift lasts at least 2-3 seconds longer
-Allow executions with Ronin's core
-Ronin's bouncing bullets loadout kit bounce twice between walls instead of once for better area of denial
-Northstar hover movement speed increased baseline
-phase shift pilot loadout timer increased to the point that its actually playable
-(idk how to buff holo pilot so Ill just put this here)
-firestar and gravitystar ticks toned down a bit so hitting a titan with it doesn't give you half a fucking titan meter (but damage is fine)
-Map hack increased titan % for activation
-Reaper kill points lowered from +5 to +3 or 4

what exactly does wildfire launcher do for scorch? it says increased thermite from your main weapon. does that mean more damage, or just more aoe to light your canisters?

>-(idk how to buff holo pilot so Ill just put this here)

Anybody know when new content comes out? I'm loving this game to death but it's fucking barebones.

probably the "players online" when you select a game mode

Holo pilot not stealth pilot.

Anyone else having crazy ping right now?

anyone have any clue? i assume it must be aoe radius, it mentions nothing of damage.
yeah origins servers are shitting the bed

am I the only getting 500+ pings now?

Doesn't seem like it. Just picked up the game and noticed it being way too high, hope this doesn't happen often.

>2800 players and dropping

this game deserves to be fucking dead when all everyone plays is fucking tone

3am man chill. playerbase has not dropped that much. it was 9k two days ago on nyc data center

the count is global players, not local

Shots from the launcher will spawn more blobs of thermite, for more damage and more AOE.

Angel City in December.

it has taken so many tries to get this post to go through, goddamn can gook moot get his shit together
There would be an image with those post but his piddly Japanese servers can't handle it.
vgy.me/OMLbgW.jpg

Is there ever a situation where the spitfire is useful?
-takes twice as long to kill enemies than other hitscan weapons
-shitty stock sight meaning you have to use it until you get a better one
-view rumble like mad making people hard to hit
-wide hipfire radius (of course, its an LMG, but still a knock against it nonetheless
-loud as fuck

Pros
+sounds cool
+large mag

I'm not trying to condemn it I really like big dakka and it feels really satisfying but I have been getting slaughtered in any 1 on 1 encounter, even if I try to do LMG tactics like holding down a long hallway or hiding behind a shield

Devotion is infinitely better. Spitfire's role in the first game was to utterly rek titans, which it can't do anymore.
Unrelated, is the ping issue still happening?

Does Tone need a nerf or do other Titans need a buff? If Tone can do everything would it be too much to ask to increase Ion's damage or health a little bit. I don't see how it's fair that a Tone can drop it's stupid shield instantly that covers it's whole body AND shoot through it while Ion's not only prevents you from attacking, it also drains the resources you need to deal any sort of real damage. Not to mention that even two lasers won't do shit to the shield because it has so much health.

I doubt its global considering I'm seeing wildly different numbers at the same times of day from merica bros. Who knows how it counts them.
REEE FUCKING POSTING ERRORS!
Tone needs a nerf. Right now it feels like titans overall are at a good balance aside from Tone that is clearly the best at taking out pilots and other titans. Buffing other titans would mean an even harder of a time for pilots after titans come up.
Please chinese moot let me just fucking post already.

WARNING
Titan fall 2 has the worst spawn system in a video game ever
If you are looking to purchase, wait for a patch, do not fall for advertisements in this thread

It is global; change datacenters to another continent and it remains the same.

I honestly leave a game if I spawn and die within 10 seconds. Unacceptable

How come? I haven't had any issues with the spawn system. Atleast it doesnt spawn you right next to enemies like battlefield and CoD does so irritatingly often.

>Titanfall 2 has the worst spawn system in a video game ever

lol

Is spawn kills are thing in this game?

that's not cool, don't do that, but I agree that the spawns suck

clearly you've never been steamrolled by a 5 titan stomp when your team has none

I got killed three times in the same magazine by a tone at close range in one game recently.

It's pretty bad, considering the frist one made sense

>your titan is spawned? You spawn as close to the titan as possible
>no? you spawn on a path towards the center of the map, but never close to any players, titans or in sight of any sniper vantages.

this meme loving fuck ilove it

>>clearly you've never been steamrolled by a 5 titan stomp when your team has none
Have You Considered Destroying the Titans

PSA: Brightness setting actually only affects the amount of film grain in the game.
I was wondering why the game had so much film grain. I turned brightness down and oddly enough the screen is just as bright as before, but there is MUCH less film grain and the visuals are much cleaner overall.
What kind of a weird ass way of "brightening"/darkening the screen is that?
>tone
Well there you have it. Tone is the only issue in this game right. Its so broken it kills pilots in the alternate dimension.

yes absolutely, they fucked the maps up big time and there's way too little spawn points and hardly any verticality. it's probably the worst part about the game. I can't wait until they add angel city and hopefully some other TF1 maps back because the new ones suck shit.

I disagree to some extent. The maps overall aren't as well designed, but TF1 did certainly have its fair share of completely unplayable shit maps.
Definitely agree that there isnt enough verticality in some of the maps. So much harder to take down titans as a pilot in TF2 because of this.

I haven't had any issues with spawn killing. You always spawn to the other side of the map where enemies are and there has never been a direct line of sight to my spawn from anyone. Now if someone is going fast all over the map like they should, they might catch people who spawned like 10 seconds ago, but in a game this fast you are fair game after a few seconds from spawning. You stop going fast, you die.

"the maps are bad" always seems like such a vague complaint. The hell's wrong with them?

Does the Tone shield completely block damage or does it reduce it?

go play tf1 and see. the maps in this game are claustrophobic in comarpison, and you still can't get around them quickly because they're designed to be (for the most part) singleplayer setpieces, not for multiplayer action

not many of the story maps from TF1 are remembered very fondly, and that's because they weren't designed to be.

But TF1 doesn't even have a story. Its just multiplayer with some cutscenes.
Vague for sure. I don't find the maps "bad", just not great. There are some good maps in TF2, but maps like the canyon map don't belong in a game like this. Not nearly enough wallrunning options, its just chokepoints upon chokepoints, Tone once again being the OP piece of shit that it is has a field day in a map like that.
Not all the maps are bad by any means, but there are some bad ones. Still I can have a good time in them.
People will say that TF1 had superior maps, but I'd say it has only marginally better maps overall. More cover for pilots, more chances to take down titans for pilots.
It had some maps that were infuriating and just lazily slapped in there and it really showed. Like that one weird training grounds map with the huge warehouse and nothing but emptiness around it. It has to be the worst map in videogame history.

I played Titanfall 1 for a very long time. You're nitpicking. Just because you can't figure out a good route for yourself doesn't mean that there aren't any, let alone that they're bad maps.

Genuinely one of the best shooters I have played in a long time.

Alright, just unlocked phase shift yesterday. Does activating it negate all incoming fire when you're in the other dimension? There are times where I've phased and still get killed, or maybe it's due to ping.

Also, you can apparently get killed by loose props around the map; I phased shifted into a barrel. Feels bad man.

>defending crash site
>defending homestead's killer trees
>defending Kodai's two-layer campy bullshit

Finding one "fast" route through a bad map is easy, it's finding more, better, faster ones that makes a map good instead of shit.

the issue with them being both smaller and less easy to traverse is what is causing the spawnkilling problem, there are no maps like Colony's walls, or airbase's outlying buildings, it's all built like the center of Rise, except in a donut with all the action taking place at 1-3 main spots in the donut. There aren't any really good places where you can both spawn and make your way into the battlefield with speed and cover.

I miss having ziplines on almost every map, too, they made moving back into a team fight so much faster it was stupid fun.

Block, that why it's so op, you get free shots and you pretty agile to get away when its gone.

Me too but i still enjoyed Shadow Warrior 2 and Doom.

From the looks of it, the moment you activate it, you arent safe yet. Seems like you are only safe for a fraction of a second while in the phase shift. Hard to say.
What I hate about this game is how it doesn't fucking explain anything.
Like okay, I seem to level up smg's and assault rifles by getting kills. Cool. But how the fuck do I level up other weapons? Do I level up grenade launchers by landing hits or by getting kills? Which is it? its giving me conflicting information. Is it both? How about having a page that shows how to level up different guns, what do you get when you level them up and so on.
Its so frustrating having to alt+tab out of the game after every match to google an answer to something because the game wont fucking tell me anything.

Prism Thicc girl or Prism pink shirt girl?

I hate that shit. If only I could maintain the Vortex Shield long enough to actually fuck him with his own missiles...

Holy shit this game is ez on console once you master the fast. So much fanmail from aerial amped wingman and teabagging it reminds me of dark souls twinking

>locking titan nose arts behind RNG

for what?

since everyone is posting titan balance suggestions i'll add mine

Ion
>increase main rifle dmg
>traps cost no energy by default
>perk increases trap range and adds one more trap
Scorch
>no damage from own thermite by default
>perk changed to smth else, can't think of anything right now
>reload time of the main gun reduced
Northstar
>charged shot becomes a hitscan
>core is getting buffed anyway
>hover lets you get onto rooftops
Ronin
>one more shot in the mag
>sword core swings apply electric effect
>increase damage mitigation with block
Tone
>shield is smaller
>perk increases it's size without increasing damage absorbed and duration
>core missiles do less dmg and turn slower
>reduce velocity of 40mm shells
Legion
>smart core lock on increased by 1s, so it can't just randomly delet pilots passing by

>hover lets you get onto rooftops
Will brake the game. I disagree. And yes the core must be changed, right now i does nothing but getting you killed.

devs said that they are increasing the damage and reducing the duration of the core, so it's getting changed

Ion doesn't need a buff to his main gun and there's no point in increasing the amount of mines as everyone just shoots it immediately, he needs faster energy recharge and his mines need to be reworked to be less visible
Ronin also needs to not fucking push people away on melee and have some degree of resistance to enemy titans just punching him back
>Smart lock can't delet pilots passing by
You realise that's the whole point right? Might as well just make it infinite ammo mode and increase duration

Look what I got near me nerds

Expect a scan for this week-end if I'm not too lazy,otherwise when it's done.

nice, looking forward to it

That's rad family man. I love artbooks in general. Got a fair amount of them myself, this is something I would be curious about getting too.

Is it just me or is the anti-titan grenade launcher retardedly strong? It literally MELTS titans, if you get first drop you're pretty much totally fucked because everyone seems to be running it nowadays and 2 pilots can focus-fire you down ridiculously quickly.

How are some people so fucking godawful at this game.

Tone really needs a nerf. After playing all of the modes, including lts, I think this needs to be done:
>reduce duration of the shield to 1/2-1/3
>make the shield as durable as legion's (focused fire should bring it down fast)
>make 40mm splash damage a 2-3 hit kill for pilots like it was in tf1
>decrease 40mm projectile size, so that goosers and mid-air kills aren't point and click
>slightly increase 40mm projectile travel time to what it is in tf1

Ion is almost perfect, but it needs a buff in damage traps inflict and a slight increase in energy recharge.
Northstar should have weak shields while hovering and maybe even during flight core.

>Ronin
>sword core swings apply electric effect
I'm not sure about this. It already does good damage with it.

>Northstar
>charged shot becomes a hitscan
This is unecessary. It's really easy to lead the charged shot

>core is getting buffed anyway
Is it known what will change?

Thank you kind user.

It is.

whatever they do to tone, the 40mm will still be great. the problem is the other titans have shitty primary weapons. i'd use northstar but the railgun reticle is so bad (especially uncharged) that it's just annoying to use.

Why didn't you boys tell me how fun going fast with the launcher guns is? The epg feels like the halo fuel rod on speed, the smr melts titans like fucking nothing and the softball is so satisfying. How's the cold war, worth a buy?

I only saw softball and cold war in the video on youtube but they look fun, although they always look fun there because people actually know how to use them.
I can't use fucking MLG for shit, i get outshot in my face every time when this things only start sniping up.

Cold War is a fucking blast (pun very intended) and you can go fast as with it too so yes, its worth the buy

reposting from last thread cause im too lazed to upload a fresh one

Have you carried your team today?

I dont get it either man, those people who just stand in the open shooting at my titan with their assault rifle. Wtf

Why do so many people suck? I'm top of the board by at least 60pts in about 80% of the games

Cold Wars' pretty bad desu, charge up time followed by the need to hit all 4 of your shots to kill someone (They do 30 damage).

With amped damage it's fucking broken though.

It looks like a nuke laser here
Honestly I'm happy so long as there's gibs

is devotion /ourgun/ ?

What the hell does "Core earned" mean?

I can't use anything else but Phase now

Titans has ultimate that they call core.

got any tips for Phase?

But in it shows "Core earned" right at the start, but he doesn't have his Salvo.

Where? Watched several times, frame by frame and don't see it.

First two seconds, on the left, above the callsign.

it can happen, but not as often as that guy is making it out to seem. most times it happens is when you are facing a premade team of good players. depending on the gamemode, spawn camping may not be viable either, unless the team can do it with just a few people

only time I've ever seen spawn camping happen is in Pilot vs Pilot, and even then that's reliant on what map it is as well.

I guess he earned some core score, it doesn't mean it's full.

those aren't related the person recording, they're event notifications
left is team banners, right is enemy banners

Ah, so what, that teammate has his core ability then, I gujess?

Just give Northstar Air dash

Which camo?

yes

Xth for all hail the fire god

purple fire

So... why are we evacuating?