/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Good graphics edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 4.01 SOON

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: plailect.github.io/Guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0/edit#gid=0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo released 11.2. Updating is safe for RedNAND/a9lh users. Several security flaws have been fixed. If you still don't have cfw, DON'T UPDATE: use ctr-httpwn to access multiplayer and eShop.
-You can downgrade from 11.2 with a hardmod or hacked system transfer. plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade
-Playing commercial games isn't possible at the moment without a DS flashcard, but it's being worked on. gbatemp.net/threads/413015

>Wii U
-haxci has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/447688/
-Stable CFW with RedNAND released. gbatemp.net/threads/446819/
-You can run games from USB without IOSU. gbatemp.net/threads/445514

>Vita
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Self-updating version of English MaiDumpTool: github.com/LioMajor/MaiDumpToolEN/releases
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-More details on the 4.01 jailbreak. wololo.net/2016/10/26/details-surface-ps4-4-01-jailbreak-potentially-enough-public-release-soon/
-Rumor from a reputable warez group that hacks are coming soon. wololo.net/2016/11/02/ps4-xbox-one-hacks-trsi-announces-warez-getting-close/

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mtheall/ftpd/releases
archive.nyafuu.org/vp/search/image/xiRygU-PFIEmkvhlKry2Sg/
archive.nyafuu.org/vp/search/tripcode/!!fFO0IgPFrv8/
plailect.github.io/Guide/)
github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

any date when will the browserhax be up?

clearly the kind of thing you just have to wait and see

bottom screen goes red after click "DPS Dump" in homebrew launcher. what did I fuck up?

I think you have to put DspDump.3dsx directly in the /3ds folder and not a sub folder. Not sure though.

What url are you using for it?

Still can't get moon to run no matter what I do. Always crashes the 3ds to a black screen.
a9lh Luma

Tried:
3 different cias
Running it through FBI
Updating to 11.2

Never had the preload installed. The demo did pop up when I updated my 3ds but I never downloaded the files for it

Someone told me to go into FBI and "Import Seed" for the pokemon moon title, but I keep getting a 404 error when I try that. Not sure whats up with that

both, yls8 and mordor. mordor is up but i still can't go to the cfw

ok so my dstt just came in. How do I set this thing up? Ive got a 32g micro sd ready to go. I wanna set up forwarders as well but im not sure how to do this. Anyone have a video tutorial or something

>i still can't go to the cfw
What?

There's a tutorial/thread on GBAtemp for flashcart's forwarders. Google it.

Does anyone know if the hack bank works on sun/moon yet?

FUCK THAT FAGGOT NED FOR NOT RELEASING 11.0 NFIRM DOWNGRADE
>33C3 AINT SHIT

So I can restore my saves, that great

My N3DS never had CIA's, but my 2DS did, but it's screens broke so I want to begin with hax again and use my o3ds instead

5 hours user you know the drill

That meme is already dead user. Get over it and let it rest in peace.

>sun/moon has totem boss battle

Pretty hype as fuck. Fucking super Raticate almost killed my starter.

anybody got valkyrie drive dlc to work? is it still need mai to change to loading mode 5?

Pretty sure you'll need to update Mai, and use the new mode 6. I got it working but with a bit of trial and error and I recall that being the solution.

I've not even been playing it much myself, now i have a copy I don't really give a shit.
Just sent the one photo to piss off my nephews because they're little shits who ignored several warnings not to update.

Kek

Trying to inject fbi into my hs.app but non of the fbi files are showing up despite being in my file9.

Also, at this step should my top screen stop being of sized or does that fix itself later?

thanks mate

>boss battle

So I expect we have the normal Champion battle at the end before the big ass boss battle against the strongest Ultra Beast or something like that.

Any ideas?
I'm dying here

Wait for sun

ctr-httpwn hasn't been working for me for days. Is there some update that I'm not seeing?
Is there an offline version at least?

nice try

(You)

Are you running it from menuhax or a secondary exploit? It could just be that yls8's server is somehow necessary for it to work.

i dont know what to tell ya bud, w8 and see if there is a known fix after release. or later in the week.

It is kinda nice they completely fucked the formula we are so used for six generations of games and remakes - do not know how great it is compared to old but hey, pokemon is doing new shit, that is worth a whoa or two.

Anyone have any issues with FTPing files and the entire thing not transferring? Seems to happen with me a lot with the second file whenever I transfer more than one.

Also, what's the best version of DOOM 3ds? There's a cia that's a direct port of the PC version right?

Wait for release date.

looked it up. So from reading it i think i put the forwarder files in the flashcart microsd and the download pack too

A secondary exploit, humblehax and sometimes the one for Sticker Star. Does it really change things that much?
About the server thing, yeah, that's what I expected since every time you boot that thing up a "downloading data" message appears. Which seems pretty pointless to be honest.

What's your FBI version? And which method are you using to install it? Just placing the CIA on the card and then proceed to install it with FBI?

It's just that Menuhax doesn't work. Guess it's the server then. Pointless in some cases, but it has the advantage of adjusting for new firmware versions without idiots who don't know how having to remember to switch out the files.

>removing info from the op
nice great job

>"recent" news

yeah, autoupdate is cool but it bothers me that you need to redownload the files every time you use it.
One would think that the logical thing would be to download the files to the SD card and next time, if there's no new firmware or connection times out, just load the previously downloaded data.

You're not wrong. I don't know though, it may have to actively do something to reroute Nintendo's prying eye.

Yes. There's a video tutorial posted on the op. In some cases it's also necessary to put some files on your 3DS card.

where the fuck do i get this thing. where do i open to get this program

Nope, I never have that issue. What FTP app and release are you using?

Well all doom homebrew are original source ports, that being the original source for DOS. The best (and only AFAIK) Doom 3DS port is based on the PC original PRboom Doom engine. I do not know what PRboom is about, read about it yourself, just 3DS has port of that.

There is also quake port out there, give that a try too if you want.

Also for FTP. Do not know, I do not use FTP personally, but microSD transfer. It might be slower but I usually will pull the SD card out for transfers over 1 gig anyway. For basic 1-200 meg transfers microSD management is alright enough.

>BUT user
I hear you say
>I HAVE A ORIGINAL 3DS THAT DOES NOT HAVE THE MICROSD MANAGEMENT
...Or I might also hear
>BUT user, MICROSD MANAGEMENT IS TEDIOUS TO ACCESS IN N3DS, WAY TOO TEDIOUS.

But wait, says I - for there exists microSD management .cia repacks that work in any 3DS model. This gives the microSD management for original 3DS models, and even I personally have installed it on my N3DS for it is easier to access from home menu.

I'm using ftbrony which is probably a good many months old at this point because it's from back when I was on ReiNAND. On my PC i'm using Filezilla albeit an older version that I haven't upgraded yet.

What exactly are you talking about? MicroSD Management?

user, that app was posted even with bigger letters on the op. Read it.

Try with FTPD, it's the newest release and the one I'm using (yeah, they changed the name).

Is that a name of a PC FTP software or a replacement for FTPBrony? Or MicroSD management?

If a replacement of FTPBrony, thank god. Would you happen to have a link?

sun going up

since moon has leaked does anyone know if Pokemon is going to require 11.2 to run yet?

I have a cfw on my 3ds, any chance I could accidentally fuck it up?
And if i did would it be possible to restore it?

You could consider it as a replacement of FTPBrony. Here is the link: github.com/mtheall/ftpd/releases
Also you should upgrade your FileZilla client.

Oh he was the one that uploaded moon? I thought he didn't have a hacked 3ds?

also part one says Decrypt9
Launch Decrypt9 in HBL or as a Luma3DS payload.
Select "Gamecart Dumper Options".
Select "Dump Cart" (full or trim). This will dump any cart's ROM to your 3DS' SD card, whether it's NTR (DS), TWL (DSi), or CTR (3DS).
After dumping is finished, press B and insert and dump another cart.

My friend installed my luma3ds so i dont kno how to launch decrypt9 or luma 3ds payload

he had cfw

archive.nyafuu.org/vp/search/image/xiRygU-PFIEmkvhlKry2Sg/

read his posts

MicroSD Management is nintendo's own app for over the network file transfers, it does not use FTP but shared folders, making 3DS show up in your network devices and can be logged in with set username and password.

It is part of N3DS firmwares, usually you have to open settings and then data management, where you find MicroSD management. You also, like said, can find .CIA files for any 3DS of any region from 3DS iso.

I use that, other anons may use something else.

wrong link

archive.nyafuu.org/vp/search/tripcode/!!fFO0IgPFrv8/

Wait, what's this about browserhax being down? Does that mean I can't hack a 3ds at the moment? Was literally going to pick up a 2DS today.

About Decrypt9, check your /luma/payloads/ folder. And you need to install Java first on your PC for the Forwarder3-DS app.

Is rxtools still a thing?

What firmware does PS4 Pro come out of the box?

It's outdated. Most people use Luma3DS now.

Fuck I am still using rxtools, time to figure out how to make the switch I guess thanks user.

You're welcome.
I recommend following Plailect's guide (plailect.github.io/Guide/) to also switch to a9lh.

what does he mean by not including the manual

It doesn't even take 5 minutes to switch to Luma3DS. You just need to drag and drop some files. Also you should upgrade to A9LH asap.

in the fbi it says start_hourglass9.bin

Cheers I'll read it now.

That's a relief,
Got it I'll do that first then.

Thanks for information guys, really appreciate it.

if "a thing" you mean it exists, yes, it exists still, nobody has yet nuked it from web completely, sadly.

If you mean "it is updated and something useful for most users" - that is a big nope.

Options include Cakes, Luma3DS, cakes, corbenik "I QUIT BECAUSE TRUMP" never to be updated again, cakes, and some other smaller CFW's.

Plailect Guide is a good read, you might just give it some thought since it is written for people that are starting from completely unhacked 3DS. You might have to just skip first few steps, though, do FIRST switch to using luma3DS - It is CFW that prominently is being used by A9LH users but it can be booted with just about all existing methods for booting CFW wtih 9.2 sysnand. It will also support your existing emunand.

If you feel you do not want to A9LH just install Luma3DS with menuhax like a fucking pleb

i'm not talking about that

How do we know he is Lurantis and not some faggot that uses his name?

that's what trips are for

Download the latest Decrypt9 release from here github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases
Then copy the Decrypt9WIP.bin from the zip to the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card
In the /luma/payloads folder, rename Decrypt9WIP.bin to down_Dec9.bin
Finally hold the D-PAD Down and you'll boot into Decrypt9 at boot time.

His Tripcode confirms it

I'm surprised rxtools has vanished but cakes is still going, didn't the cake dev brick his own console and not get another for the longest time?

I'll just install A9LH after three people have told me I should, I'd really be an idiot to ignore them at this point. Thanks for all the current information.
my 3ds is using menuhax

2.4.2 and yes that is how I'm installing them. Is there a different method?

What was the URL I was supposed to type in to get RXtools working?

Yes, there's a different method. I got some ideas, though I can't guarantee you it will work in the end.

I think it's been taken down.
What system menu version are you on? You can also boot rxtools through menuhax.

>I'm surprised rxtools has vanished but cakes is still going, didn't the cake dev brick his own console and not get another for the longest time?
No he bricked it and unbricked it, he is professional.
Cakes is going and a lot of things in other CFW's, Luma3DS especially so, come from stuff kid made for Cakes. Cakes is like debian of 3DS CFW's and Luma3DS is like ElementaryOS or something - to make it as straight forward, inject any normal user functionality as default, and so on.

I dunno how much cakes has gone on, I have not used it in a while but cakehax is still part of most CFW's I think, and usually some findings and fixes in case they are needed for new firmware version, are done between couple of people and usually Cakes dev is involved. He currently is the one who has been going at it for longest and hardest so it helps others to have him around.

And nothing wrong with menuhax, but A9LH is superior, if not only for saving 1-2 gigs on your SD card. 100% Boot time, faster boot time, etc is all fun stuff too, plus A9LH installation is made stupid easy these days, and do not fucking come back saying "OMG IT WAS SO HARD" when you are doing it, at least you do not have to fucking compile a fucking installer with files in a devkitpro make environment, manually unbricking N3DS downgrade dumps on your PC, doing way more full NAND downgrades and upgrades than these days are needed, and if your MAKE fucks up somehow shit is brick etc.

Goddamn I sometimes envy how much easier A9LH is now than then but at least I got it fresh and new, helped a lot.

Like other user is saying.
Kill yourself install Luma3DS

And then check out browserhax, get yourself homebrew starter kit and needed homebrew channel launcher for your 3DS or whatever.

What method is that?
Also if this doesn't work, it looks like the guy is uploading a copy of Sun now too. Maybe that will work if this doesnt

Thats the one I wanted anyway

perfect. Ok so I can do all this stuff and i got the jar working. how do i put ds games on it? Where do i find flashcart games to put on it. Or do any old rom files work?

So I just installed a9lh after being on rxtools emunand but I'm getting error 022-2634 now when I try to connect to the eshop

How do I fix this

3.70 from the looks of it.

yes I am uploading sun right now, my internet is slow though so its taking a while, lucky though that just means more time for /vp/ to post lurantis while we wait

the upload should finish in about 5 hours

>What system menu version are you on?
Erm, I'm assuming you mean what Version is my 3DS?
9.2.0-20E

>You can also boot rxtools through menuhax.
How do I do that?

>Kill yourself install Luma3DS
I don't want to install anything else. I want to play S&M and that's all, I'm done with my 3DS. I've played everything else I want.

Thanks, user. If the 4.01 jailbreak is true, I guess I'm getting one today.

Anyway, at least don't keep calling a Maidump release from over a month ago new.

I didn't bothered with eShop since we got AngelCia and FreeShop.
Grab one of em and enjoy

Yes, you will get the .jar file once you install Java. Any ROMs files work. Just put them on your flashcart's microSD.

>I do not want to install anything else
>I want to play S&M that is all
You realize you are basically saying "I do not want war I just want to attack russia with a nuke"

Jesus Christ himself is on your side, with will of Mohammed driving you through life, many triumphs are ahead of you.
Furfag, but a cool furfag like freddie furcury

If you're on that version, you may as well install a9lh. Follow Plailect's guide.

We've been over this before, and not just today either.
I'm not even going to attempt to install anything from the cryptic as fuck overly complicated guides from this shit tier general.

Rxtools apparently works, so there's no need to go through any unnecessary steps. All I'm waiting for is somebody to say how this menuhax shit works, which should be easier to pull off than installing a whole other thing.

>Rxtools

oh for fuck sake it's you again
the guide is as straight forward as it gets just fucking install a9lh and stop using rxtools its outdated as fuck

You are why this general hates Rxtools users. Fuck off.

I think lazy people are generally not liked to begin with.