PlayStation 4 General #376 - /ps4g/ /ps4gen/ /momgen/

Old Thread: ========================================

>Final Fantasy XV: Judgment Disc demo launches November 11 in Japan, PS4 Pro details
gematsu.com/2016/11/final-fantasy-xv-judgment-disc-demo-launches-november-11-japan-ps4-pro-details

>The Last Guardian final previews, gameplay and screenshots
gematsu.com/2016/11/last-guardian-final-previews-gameplay-screenshots

>The list of PS4 Pro-enhanced Japanese games
gematsu.com/2016/11/list-ps4-pro-enhanced-japanese-games

>SG/ZH School Girl/Zombie Hunter details clothes decoys, school club-based attacks
gematsu.com/2016/11/sg-zh-school-girl-zombie-hunter-details-clothes-decoys-school-club-based-attacks

>Hatsune Miku: VR Future Live 3rd Stage launches December 15 in Japan
gematsu.com/2016/11/hatsune-miku-vr-future-live-3rd-stage-launches-december-15-japan

>Digimon World: Next Order for PS4 screenshots
gematsu.com/2016/11/digimon-world-next-order-ps4-screenshots

>Four Goddesses Online: Cyber Dimension Neptune debut trailer, basic game flow detailed
gematsu.com/2016/11/four-goddesses-online-cyber-dimension-neptune-debut-trailer-basic-game-flow-detailed

>Fate/Extella Japanese costume DLC schedule announced
gematsu.com/2016/11/fateextella-japanese-costume-dlc-schedule-announced

>Mass Effect: Andromeda Game Informer screenshots
gematsu.com/2016/11/mass-effect-andromeda-game-informer-screenshots

>Assassin’s Creed: The Ezio Collection comparison trailer
gematsu.com/2016/11/assassins-creed-ezio-collection-comparison-trailer

========================================

>PS+ FAQ
community.us.playstation.com/t5/Games-Services/INFO-PlayStation-Plus-FAQ/m-p/41658595

>PS+ Current Offerings
(US) blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/
(EU) blog.eu.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/

>PS Store Updates
(US) blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-store/
(EU) blog.eu.playstation.com/tag/playstation-store/

Other urls found in this thread:

psnprofiles.com/nyonmyan
psnprofiles.com/Ryyyx
gematsu.com/2016/11/yakuza-6-demo-planned-japan
amazon.com/Seagate-Laptop-2-5-Inch-Internal-ST2000LM003/dp/B00I8O6OQ4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478801887&sr=8-1&keywords=ps4 hdd 2tb
psnprofiles.com/BeinerMcWeener
psnprofiles.com/Damoreth
psnprofiles.com/FortyPercent
amazon.com/Sandisk-Optimus-Solid-State-Drive/dp/B00MET68CY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1478805142&sr=8-2&keywords=4tb ssd
novacrystallis.com/2016/11/final-fantasy-xv-details-playstation-4-pro-enhancements/
strawpoll.me/11619542
youtube.com/watch?v=Nq2-DHZrkAI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Write down your psn profile.

Submit the post.

psnprofiles.com/nyonmyan

To hell with hideojames.

EY FUCK OFF, THIS THREAD ISN'T ACTIVE YET

Shh, just let it happen, it will be over soon.

Adjudicator_Oats

Is it true about Pro overheating?

psnprofiles.com/Ryyyx

I'm looking for a new action game. Action RPG, action action, platformer, FPS whatever, I just want something that's not too slow paced, i'm sort of burned out on "stealth" stuff and strategy games and RPGs at the moment. I want a big dumb action game to take my mind off of shit so I can be a normie for a few hours.

I just beat sleeping dogs and it made me want more. I've been looking at picking up knack, and titanfall and battlefield 1. Anyone got any other recommendations?

Onechanbara

Reposting

1. PSX this year will be more Japan focused. They skipped both PGS and Gamescon to have lots of reveals. All the partnerships and development from Japan that appeals to worldwide audiences will show up, such as Akuma in SFV which is now confirmed.

2. Vita's successor. All he said.

3. Agent. All he said.

That's it. Feel free to dismiss or discuss.

please respond

Seriously though, the DING sound when you kill someone in this game is one of the most satisfying shit in vidya, & one of the reasons I always come back to this game.

And wake up already.

you just started playing or why are you using all the standard equipment?

No.

Just started, only at rank 5.
I went full retard & got it for pc at first. Playerbase was literally filled with aimbots/wallhacks & hillniggers, absolutely no fun allowed.
Switched to ps4 & having fun right nyeow.

Starting gun is the best, Lewis Gun for lyfe

gematsu.com/2016/11/yakuza-6-demo-planned-japan

Good news, I suppose. I'd like to see how the combat feels.

I'm going to try RE7 on the REtour truck. Any tips? Anyone know if it's the regular demo on PSN? Never tried VR before, anything I need to know?

It just fits.
It shouldn't matter if it's close to the sides, right?
There isn't any fans there, just on the back.

I still can't get over how stupid it looks.

there are vents on the side though. You never want to put ANY system in an enclosed space because it's stupid and you trap heat in there from the passive cooling of the system, on top of whatever fans are there.

Plus, the pro gets pretty warm, i'd highly recommend putting it somewhere less constricted till you've used it and feel comfortable with the heat level to leave it somewhere tighter.

This, but if they plan to have color variations that would go really well with the design.

>tfw a fucking oreo design with a middle white layer will never happen
I would love that shit.

We'll probably get a call of duty camo themed one with whatever main character they make next on it, and then a pure white one which will look awful in the triple decker design.

wrong picture. Anyway, damn I wish you could replace the layer plates entirely. that'd be awesome.

>fires as fast as his gun allows
>every shot hits
>I do the same at even closer range
>everything misses
I love this game, but I just don't understand it some time. I've never really understood Battlefield. I would have people full auto me down in 3 and 4, too, with me completely unable to hit them.

not him but hardly any of his shots hit. 3/10 of his cel hit, which is a standard kill with that gun, and it took him 14 shots with the m1911 to take out two other people, he burned through like half of his secondary ammo with that. On top of that most of his pistol rounds were fired from almost point blank where they're obviously gonna hit. What class do you typically play? Try medic like him if you want something that's gonna be a little bit more accurate. Semi-autos are usually pretty good for beginners.

Trump won, it's true

Give me reasons to prefer a ps4 pro over a new graphics card for my pc. I'm in doubt.

Don't. If you have a PS4 already it's not worth it right now, and will almost certainly have revisions in the next 6-8 months, that will function on a better level in regards to cooling and background noise. If you don't have a PS4 and want one though, pro is probably the one to go with. I'd still say wait a few months to see if they fucked up with the pro in some way no one knows of yet though.

The biggest problem is to get a use out of the extra power, companies need to make a pro patch for the game in question. FFXV won't even have there's ready till the middle/end of December, and that's if it's not delayed at all.

Yeah, but the difference here is that FFXV was already in development before the Pro release date so the Pro patch was a voluntary thing for them. Games developed starting today onward are forced to have a Pro mode on release.

that's not what they said at all. They're gonna have a patch ready day 1 for pro owners, and in december it will further enhance stability, overall, not just pro.

>and in december it will further enhance stability, overall, not just pro.
Both updates (day 1 and the one in December) will be for Pro only.
>They want to release another PlayStation 4 Pro update in December as well, which aims to implement support for 1080p at 60 frames per second on HDTVs.

I don't currently a ps4 (or did have in the past) I'm asking about a ps4 in general (don't really care about the version but would prefer the pro one for obvious reasons) in comparison to a new graphics card (probably gtx 1060 or some amd equivalent)

Then i'd definitely say wait for christmas to get a pro, and just get the 1060 now. I'm just a paranoid guy but really, historically, those who wait typically get better deals.

Plus sony is guaranteed to offer some sort of sale around march. They'd be fucking stupid not to.

The airship that the attacking team gets for Operations on Monte Grappa really feels excessive.

You can just as easily bomber the points to shit as the defenders though.

We still won, although on the last point, so while it's annoying and the people in it are just mopping up welfare points just like those vehicles in conquest, it just feels so frustrating to keep spawning and dying to the same fag in a blimp.

aint gonna be getting both dude i'm on a budget so either one

Then wait 6 months and get a pro if you want it. 1060 is a shit card. go all out or not at all.

why exactly is a 1060 a shit card?

because there are better cards out, if you're going to spend $400 get a 1070 at LEAST or wait a few weeks for fucking black friday and scour for a 1080 deal.

i repeat i'm on the budget. Also i live in europe so no black friday here. And a 1060 is about 250 euros here (if you want to have a real conversation with me don't use retard currency)

so you're coming on here to get people to make your purchasing decisions for you but don't know that newegg ships to particular european countries, and newegg has black friday deals?

Just fuck off, seriously. You don't want to do your own research and want me to do it all, please throw your money away.

>(if you want to have a real conversation with me don't use retard currency)
I'm not him but you're just retarded, m8. How was the guy supposed to know you're from Europe (and I'm from Europe too if that even fucking matters)? It also isn't that hard to convert the currency. And he's right, 1060 is shit.

Way to be a dick to someone trying to help.

Is this the latest version?

Rockstar needs to calm down with this crap already.

It definitely looks stupid but I'm guessing it's like that to help distinguish PS4 from the PS4 Pro

If i dont have a 4K TV and dont plan on getting anyone soon what is the best choice, getting the Pro or just getting a 2TB HDD for my PS4 Fat, the 2TB HDD is only 130$

The bike looks stupid the game mode was okay but I find it too jarring to enjoy

Clearly rockstar have no direction for GTAO and just pandering to idiots at this point

So damn annoyed because SP dlc got canned because of how successful gtao is

The question you should ask is, do you play a lot of single player games? Would you notice the increased detail in games running in 1080p mode (because face it, lots of devs are gonna be focusing on making 1080p mode better because so few people have 4k right now)? If yes, then get a pro, if not, get the HDD.

I bought with no 4k tv, but I have PSVR, and I play enough single player games that I think i'll benefit. But if you find yourself mostly playing online games, I think you're probably not gonna notice as big of a difference as you might hope.

Newegg ships to United Kingdom,Australia,India,Ireland,Netherlands,New Zealand,Poland and Singapore (apart from the USA) i don't live in neither of these countries.
Also i asked for an opinion about whether i should get a mid-range graphics card (which everyone calls shit while not explaining to me why even after i asked which is pretty aggresive if you ask me) or a ps4 while also stating i'm on a budget and this guy just comes out and is all like "yo dude buy a 500 euro gpu and a 400 afterwards" as if i shit money or something. Sorry if i offended you.

BTW if you ship to europe from america 90% of the time the shipping cost is 50+ euros with the exception of free shipping of course

Pro owners plz post 4k Screenshots

What games have even 4k mode?=

I mostly play both, but since i dont mind the difference and not many devs try to make their games run at 60FPS for the moment i suppose ill go with the HDD.

Anyone here bought this HDD for the PS4? The price seems good for the capacity and i see a lot of good reviews

amazon.com/Seagate-Laptop-2-5-Inch-Internal-ST2000LM003/dp/B00I8O6OQ4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478801887&sr=8-1&keywords=ps4 hdd 2tb

>tfw Dreams will never come out

So I ran the calculations. Between LBP's announcement and release were 600 days. LBP2 had a shorter frame of 255 days. Dreams was announced in June so roughly 427 days until release will put it into a September/August release

psnprofiles.com/BeinerMcWeener

>BeinerMcWeener

Oh my god it does say that lmao
wtf

psnprofiles.com/Damoreth

This is getting so fucking old.

I swear some people aren't even aware.
Dice should patch it so public is default.
Like what's the downside to that?

>battlecuck

psnprofiles.com/FortyPercent

that's a lot of weebshit

How's Setsuna?

Free on PC.

I've had to make my own squad because of this shit, and it was always public by default for me.

I didn't like BO3, nor did I really care for the Titanfall 2 beta. Plus those games have gotten far too quick for a controller, it feels too dependent on aim assist.

peepee doesn't have trophies

Ill bump this question again, is this HDD good for the PS4?

If you really want a good one get this.

amazon.com/Sandisk-Optimus-Solid-State-Drive/dp/B00MET68CY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1478805142&sr=8-2&keywords=4tb ssd

I really liked it. Combat is simple in concept but entertaining thanks to the way certain abilities can interact with each other and how momentum mode adds another layer to it.

The setting/music are fantastic, all snow and all piano. I know a lot of people who disliked that but I felt it was interesting for a setting to be entirely snow and a purely piano OST fits with it perfectly.

Characters were neat and likable and story was interesting with some nice moments, but probably my biggest issue with the game was the story pacing. It felt like the first two thirds of the game was character introductions, and then the plot flies by in the last third. It doesn't leave loose ends or anything like that, but I kind of wish they'd lengthened the story near the end. There is side content you get very-late game with more story though, so there's that at least.

I think it's absolutely worth a play if you're interested and it's one of my favourite games this year.

It only goes private if you're in a PSN Party.
>he plays Battlefield alone

I don't have a choice, my old Battlefield buddy doesn't have a PS4 yet.

novacrystallis.com/2016/11/final-fantasy-xv-details-playstation-4-pro-enhancements/

Well damn, now I kinda want a Pro. I wasn't sure about buying one before, but, shit.

Gonna play RE5 for the first time, but not sure how. Help me out.
strawpoll.me/11619542

I keep getting #1 rank worldwide on Eagle Flight.

I'm not sure if that is because I am just GOAT at games, or because It isn't selling.

haha meme

SSDs aren't memes.

It a console they are.
The difference is ~5 seconds, for something smaller and more expensive than a HDD.
Just grab a 2TB+ HDD or Hybrid and save they cash.

I have a 1080p T.V. should I get a Pro, or wait till I get a 4K one?

im in the same position as you, but i got a monitor instead

unfriending everyone who brought a pro

one for 2500$ is

Yeah ill just grab the 2TB one, i just wanted to know what brands are the ones to look for

All supported games upscale to 4k with checkerboard.

Limited games have 1080p high graphics or high frame rate modes.
Basically, it's a given for 4k owners, but 1080p owners have some thinking to do.

>almost christmas

more like

>almost psx

It's got very few sales, they didn't market it at ALL when it was one of the most interest-producing games at e3 this year.

maybe take some of that fucking just dance money and make a 15 second spot for BEING ABLE TO BE A GOD DAMNED EAGLE.
CAW MOTHERFUCKER, PATRIOTISM AMERICA CAW CAW ELECTION YEAR YOU'RE AN EAGLE

>turn 28 in 19 days

I get things I want on Christmas though, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nq2-DHZrkAI

I'm still buying it but to me this footage just looks like a slower, more difficult Uncharted (minus cutscenes)--because of how sluggish the movement is. GTA isn't trying to be an adventure-platformer, so I don't have a problem in that case. It'd be nice if there were improvements from Ico.

I also don't like the brief lapses of slow-motion. Will that happen every time an obligatory structure crumbles and you fall?

chances are a lot of stuff is emphasized for that demo/presentation. That said, the stuff like slowdowns are probably gonna stay in.

The movement is also something that might have some tech tied to it, like SotC or Ico. Learn to control whatever the little kid's name is I don't remember, learn to control him, and you can move faster. Short hops, sprinting, whatever it ends up being.

>only need one more Operations flag for the medal
>join a game, get the flag in about 30 seconds
>leave
>it doesn't count the cap
Goddamn it do I seriously need to play an entire game of Operations, it's like 40 minutes of my time