/aog/ - Attorney Online General

President-elect Atishon Edition

>What is Attorney Online?
It's an virtual chatroom/courtroom mix we use to perform improv AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Logic Battles, Class trials, Jury cases and more!
Come join us on our server, Attorney Online Vidya!

>The Main Reference Doc (contains downloads, rules, faqs and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/1ihsVxLVarPMPgGcU4W81CQyv3gPkLvS63GK7k0N78Qw/edit?pref=2&pli=1

>Gameplay footage?
Streams typically run in the evening, US time. You can also check out recordings of previous cases via guardlytheguard and lawfuldickish on twitch.

>Role Guides
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Guides

>Quickstart Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1gwg1AVZPlPAFy3aWAW28e9lH1vjIk4d8jOt3mChoy74/edit#

>SoJ RIPPERS SIGN UP IN THIS
docs.google.com/document/d/1QH6hFI0oUbr3JOMGLPMiNEY-JJvCN4Q3fugkQdaUV8s/edit?usp=sharing

Previous case:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11615257
strawpoll.me/11621738
drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx_fqLgNKYCANTI4OXVhS3NoY0k/view
drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx_fqLgNKYCANTI4OXVhS3NoY0k/view?usp=sharing
imgur.com/b01JOM7
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Kirigiri

Thread rules

who /gummy/ here?

Pre-update will be out in a minute, but the actual update will take another week.

Actual thread rules.

Post memes

>waiting on dgs footage
>waiting on dd footage
>waiting on soj footage

The Stolen Turnabout has been voted Great.
However, seeing as my computer died on me a few days ago I won't be able to continue with the polls.
If anybody wants to do it instead here is the last tier list revision without The Stolen Turnabout.

>Turnabout Sisters
>great
wewlad

Perfect example of degeneracy.

>adachi:please stop

strawpoll.me/11615257

>no WALLS
>With Trump in office

Bump.

Courtroom 2 needs people for a case!
Get over here!
Most roles still free!

Did you call me a retard?

Are you taking this just from whatever gets the most votes or the average? Cause I feel like the latter would be more accurate.

Not the poll runner so couldn't tell you. I'd imagine most votes.

Alrighty.

How would you rank Recipe for Turnabout, /aog/?

strawpoll.me/11621738

No captcha because fuck that noise.

Most votes, unless it's a tie is how I did it.

thanks doc

Our population is at an all time low. How do we fix this? Ban the shitposters is a pretty good place to start, I feel. They are actively scaring away any new players.
Another suggestion is purge some of the music list, lower the download size.

We have musicless downloads and music packs.
That kind of fixes the issue already.

the rampant shitposting is definitely a major contribution, but this is a kind of game that is very niche and can get very boring after a few months, so i'm not surprised most people have left.

People should realize the game is meant to be fun for everyone, not for a specific person or at the expense of others.

When you play to win, everyone loses.

People take breaks, user.
You need to with a game like this.

Is shitposting rampant in-game on in this thread, because you can't do anything about the latter. Also most of it is just done for bump purposes. Unfortunate but it gets the job done.

Honestly, what's "scaring away any new players" is the amount of shit heaped on them from the start. There's an expectation that new players should read all the (mostly useless) guides and watch 7 hour long case videos and fucking study this thing to be perfect otherwise they'll get shit on by others.
We need to stop being so serious about it.

>Ban the shitposters is a pretty good place to start,
A very good start, I'd agree. The thread would be cleaner, and there'd be so much less toxicity in cases.

>Also most of it is just done for bump purposes
That's the excuse they give. The reason is because they enjoy shitposting, and watching suffering.

>There's an expectation that new players should read all the
I agree that this is a problem, too. When a new player pops up in an area, more often than not they get directed to a long ass guide, instead of just letting them naturally RP. Remember at the turn of the year, how everyone would cooperate for a better trial? Everyone let everyone else speak and do things normally.

Everything's getting too formulaic, desu

>How do we fix this?

We fix it by killing this general a week before the anniversary and move back to /v/ and stay there until we get kicked off again.
I'm not talking /v/eekends and such.
Drop the fuckhuge general like OP and everything else.
Axe all areas that aren't Courtrooms and Basement, we can add them back later, keep it simple for new people.
We can go back and look at how Lupa did stuff.
Seeing how content has slowed down to a crawl lately, it's not like you even need the general for content progress updates.

I agree with all of this.
Back to basics.

>We can go back and look at how Lupa did stuff.

You mean adding shit and bloat on a whim?

>breaking Veeky Forums rules
>temporary solution to a permanent problem
>extreme methods

'no'

>>We can go back and look at how Lupa did stuff.

Talking about how he shilled AO on /v/ and early AO threads on /v/, of course.

bump

Bump.

I'm working on an ini for a character, but whenever I try to play as them, the CSS overlaps the page. This only happens for this person. Any tips?

you messed up the button names or did not include enough buttons or messed up the character name in the ini

Hey Gumshoe, it's me Justice.
Seems internet is throttling, so I'll try to wait it out. Hopefully we'll get back in touch soon.

All of those things are good...

It seems intimidating, but it'll only take 5 minutes to carefully work your way through them,

"name = x" is what the ini uses to find the character folder, if the folder does not exist, or you misspelled it, it will do that error.

showname is something different, if you're wondering.

make sure you have the right number of "emotions = x" to the emote list

First things first, the name is still good...

The emotion count and names are good, but it still won't work. If I type in the chat, the character still talks, but the CSS is still there.

just upload the folder as it is, i'll fix it.

Actually, I'll try something first...

Didn't work. It's a work in progress:
drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx_fqLgNKYCANTI4OXVhS3NoY0k/view

"You need permission"

Fug: drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx_fqLgNKYCANTI4OXVhS3NoY0k/view?usp=sharing

Yo, Justice, it's Gumshoe. If you're still throttling this internet and you read this, I need to readd you on Veeky Forums. Some guy wanted me to do a case that I don't do anymore so I redirected him to you. I'll explain more in PMs since it concerns some of the stuff on your server.

If you don't remember the Veeky Forums name, try asking Veeky Forums or some shit.

I'm troubleshooting everything that could possibly be wrong, and i'm still not sure. I even reduced the ini down to bare basics, a single emote, renamed every line, etc

I'll keep trying though.

Thanks for your effort either way.

Wait, oops, I'm looking at another ini I have up. I'm such a meme.

At least I'm getting the lipflaps done.

Wait, I think I've got it after that blunder. The image sizes are borked. Get them all to 256x192. There may be other problems, too.

I always have the last kusu. Now good night, for real.

Thanks, good night.

I... hurt myself today...

Do you just reply to everyone with caps?

>Take a picture at 11:23 PM EST after a case just ended and everyone left
>Surprised that the only areas alive are the Crossover Circlejerk and Idler's Paradise

>thinking any part of the server is a circlejerk

>Crossover Circlejerk
Literally anyone can go in there, tho

>Idler's Paradise
No, this is hell.

>16/100

What happened?

>1am EST

Banning night when

Overwatch is more fun than AO right now to be honest.

Reminder that anyone who exclusively uses female characters must totally be female in real life.

So Idler, Turto, Gina and Trick?

Reminder that I am ALWAYS touching myself when casing, even if it's just gently caressing my nuts.

Same here.

A stawpoll for a new Pursuit theme is up on the strawpoll doc.

Susato too.

>main a cute girl character
>people think I actually am a cute girl
>they fall in love with me
>they do exactly what I ask of them, even sending me lewd pictures of themselves
Just according to keikaku.
Translator's note: keikaku means plan.

I want to brush Ginasteno's teeth!

>even sending me lewd pictures of themselves
>6~10 people apparently actually sent Rhoda pictures of their dick
You fucking idiots.

>Rhoda uploaded all those dicks to a mega folder and shared it on discord

Link?

For uh... research purposes.

Doesn't exist.
Or at least has never been shared on discord.

When are we banning co and support prosecution?
Useless roles that 9/10 times contribute nil or make a case worse.

Support prosecution was created when we had so many people it was an actual race to participate in a case. Nowadays that isn't the case, so it can be safely discarded.

Co-prosecution is a good beginner role and still has some merit, it's just optional.

t. someone who prefers solo lead pro

Blame Lupa for leaving, he was the one keeping this shit afloat.

Co is fine to keep support can go into the trash on pros.

When are we making soundposting a bannable offense?
People shouldn't have to delete sound files just because some shitposters can't control themselves.

Hello! I am Trucy~

As an Uncle Ray player I insist we add this to AOV

imgur.com/b01JOM7

There are two ways to stop this if you're so autistic it annoys you.
Turn down the volume of the client.
Mute the character(s) soundposting.
Or the super secret third way: Stop being autistic enough to care, and deal with it.

You forgot

>Call a mod.

Calling mods are for people breaking the rules, soundposting is not against the rules.
However soundspamming is, which is spamming the same sound-enabled emote very quickly, via muting yourself, putting a character in the textbox, and pressing enter a bunch.
Which is very different from soundposting.

???
N is not a female