discordapp.com/invite/0kMyiyd1r38A7kIF
youtube.com/watch?v=fUNT02B7nDo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>getting back into smash
>nobody plays Melee in my area
>Previously top-tier main is now last in Sm4sh

Jiggly wasn't even that interesting melee

let it die chazo

I've been playing some melee on smashladder recently and there's some puzzling things I've noticed.
- About 50% of players will switch to either pichu or your main after a couple games
- Players often choose to use poor moves like sheik's chain, use taunts frequently, or simply use the same move repeatedly when they are winning a game
- If asked for tips, players will provide a general insult and will quit the match
- Whenever Captain Falcon lands any powerful move, the game will pause and the camera will move around for a few seconds before the game can resume

I enjoy this game due to the fluid, fast game mechanics which reward technical prowess as well as deep matchup knowledge. However this seems to be a rare opinion. What do most people like about super smash bros melee?

someone post the toon link pic. you know the one

How can I tell if a character is honest?

Dont forget about the good /ssbg/ discord. The one without all the blatant shitposting and meta drama. The one with actual moderation

discord.gg/eA4wHVC

Reminder that every relevant regular can be found in the ssbg discord
discordapp.com/invite/0kMyiyd1r38A7kIF
It's open for everyone and has no moderation - If you can't get along with others use the blocking function. Don't forget to thank chazo chad moxy and rakky for killing the general

It's gonna be one of those days....

Are you here and wanting to chat during our games Bayonetta pal?

Yep I remembered to come here.

Heyy! what do u think of the matches so far? disregard that previous lylat match I was dropping spaghettti everywhere haha

is there a tournament sign up here?

ask moxy

Yeah I figured that was a mess so I went back there. Even though I'm retarded and fall for those heel slides I think you do them too much. I think you can edgeguard more too. Converting of your Fair1 and other ladder stuff is better.

I don't know how to describe it, but you know when you hit me with the heel slide but I'm at high percent so you have to try to read my DI? I DI away and then back towards the stage after you miss but sometimes you read that and hit me with a Uair or something when you know I go back towards the stage. You've caught me with it before and that's really good if you can call that out more.

Yea ive been trying to read your DI I think im getting better at it. Yea the heel slide is really a bad habit I have it sucks so much!

The times that I think work for me to DI out of your ladder combo are going left or right and then the opposite but I don't remember why I choose to start with whichever direction so if you see which way I go on the first Witch Twist then I will probably go the opposite by the time the second one starts.

And see the thing happened that I warned about last time! You stop trying to recover and I won because of it

Oh thanks I think I can get it reliably now, sometimes u just seem to pop off in a weird direction though but yea. also im just throwing out forward smashes and seem to be working haha

I keep getting scared of the parry and marths upb which i cant seem to tech! ;xx

Forward smashes are good because If I try to space then you can outrange me. And it looks like your Dair and Witch Twist can beat out my jab to grab or smash.

Have you seen this? I haven't learned it but this should help you with the teching. It can definitely be teched but it might just be harder for you online.

youtube.com/watch?v=fUNT02B7nDo

So its upb and shield at the same time?

Yeah I think so, as soon as you start moving after the hit.

I got to go End! Nice games!

Good games, maybe I'll get to see you again this weekend.

I am not Ganonsmasher666 but his opinion on what makes a character honest somewhat reflects my views even though he loathes my mains

If your character wins by exploiting flowcharts and personal habits your main is honest.

If your character wins by playing like a flowchart your main is braindead.

Most top tiers have amazing air speed, quick safe aerial that are safe on power shield, 40% d-throw follow ups that are guaranteed no matter what as well as an amazing grab to get to them easy followed by 3 more grab combos to kill. Top tiers play extremely safe with little effort while forcing their opponent to commit via amazing projectile game and safe aerial pokes. They can dominate the neutral game just by pressing a button. They do not need anything about the neutral game in order to be a serious threat. I am forced to admit they can learn about the neutral game and on extremely high levels of play skill is required. But it only means honest characters require that much more skill.

Jigglypuff is cute so its okay if she has amazing airspeed

fuck off