/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, November 10th:
1202 – Fourth Crusade: Despite letters from Pope Innocent III forbidding it and threatening excommunication, Catholic crusaders begin a siege of Zara (now Zadar, Croatia).
1444 – Battle of Varna: The crusading forces of King Władysław III of Poland are defeated by the Turks under Sultan Murad II and Władysław is killed.
1580 – After a three-day siege, the English Army beheads over 600 people, including papal soldiers and civilians, at Dún an Óir, Ireland.
1871 – Henry Morton Stanley locates missing explorer and missionary, Dr. David Livingstone greeting him with the words, "Dr. Livingstone, I presume?".

>News
EU4 DD 08/11
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-8th-of-november-2016.980828/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6 - 15/09/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

basd

based

not based

>38
>83
braisee geg xDDD lmao how can one man be this based???? ;DDD

>1202 – Fourth Crusade: Despite letters from Pope Innocent III forbidding it and threatening excommunication, Catholic crusaders begin a siege of Zara (now Zadar, Croatia)

and yet you still get fucking retards who try to use the 4th """crusade""" as a leverage to denounce the concept of crusading entirely, and if they're super fedora tier they use it to denounce all of christianity. The pope didn't want these petty squabbles, and didn't want the siege of constantinople either.

remember to never trust the eternal venetian.

Reminder that the M&T modders are retards who can't tell the difference between video games and real life.

based

not based

based

holy fucking christ

>meanwhile you can sack and plunder and kill pops in the mod

I don't get, suddenly killing people is okay if you gain profit from it?

CANCELLARE

Send help

delet this

Does Geheimisnacht run any better with the new update?

It does actually. Devs said that they implemented the optimizations from Reaper's Due

I want more people to answer, so I'll repeat my post.
Am I the only one who thinks that Paradox games lack both diplomatic, administrative, military, political and economical depth and the only real way to fix it is adding more players?
Would you play in a game, let's call it MMO-Victoria, where you don't lead country, but instead you play as one of the many politicians competing with each other to become a leader of their party, then to become a President, and only if you are elected you can declare wars and move your troops?

>still no hoi4 dlc

it is actually shaping up better than I expected

I think HOI4 is gay as fuck but that's a neat mechanic

How similar is the hearts of iron series to Victoria

not much
whole game time is like 12 years
it is more focused on warfare itself while victoria has a lot of politics

there's no liquor it's shit

someone post the meme where HoI4 was Stalin and East vs West was some random lad, who then gets deleted

what happens if i annex a country while they're culture converting a province?

What DLC to get for CK2.

Haven't played in ages and I was already bad at the game but fuck did I ever enjoy it.

>declared war on hungary
>a year later this is europe
wew

release version of this game was great

lol

does anyone know how to get pirated updates for eu4 anymore? I know there are major issues with the initial rights of man and want to have a better experience

reddit please go and take hoi4 with you

no
also, NSFW

kys youself my good man, me and my white and based brothers will keep posting patrician tier Victoria 2

Actually looks pretty good in game and I feel is sufficiently memey

literally what is this

Last night I made a gsg themed car for My Summer Car

Persia campaign with hpm or without hpm?

HPM makes everything better lad

See

install robmod

hpm and also post progress here

play absolutely based and white Liangmod

Did Geheimisnacht update?

Does having good relations with Mexico increase the chance of them just giving me my manifest destiny cores?

Is there a list of formable nations for Meiou and Taxes?

Absolutely based.

>look at the images in this thread
>sudden feeling of trying out something meme
>do this on 2nd try

>tfw to intelligent too call the first posters based

r8 my europe lads (feat. dismantled byzantium, french epirus, reformed lithuanian pagan faith)

I am going to give Brandenburg a try in 1.8 because I have never done a Prussiaboo game. Any advice on ideas to take?

>Any advice on ideas to take?
Naval.

It's at 1.0 now and the devs have called it feature complete

This, always go naval first for that +20% infantry morale

If I converted to EU4, what Ideas would I get?

Jesus Christ how do I stop this influx of raiders? Shouldn't they only raid the northern shores of the Empire?

I want a vicky3 now
stop making eu4 dlcs

Why in the fuck would you want a Vic3?

>wanting a Vic3 after the tragedy of HoI4

>he wants female soldier pops, liqueur factories that only give passive bonuses (because there isn't a actual economy system) and chancellor mana

>Liquor Ethiopia

man I really wanna pop this one but they keep sending troops in once in a while and I dont wanna ruin it

why the fuck won't poland join my war with the teutonic order. They accepted at first, but they never entered. It now says they are involved in one of the active wars. Fucking don't know whats happening

looks like a bug
they are not having a war with anyone at all

Why didn't they just make Hearts of Iron 4 by taking 3, fixing the supply system and then putting in the casualties report system and the diplomacy from 2?
It would have been perfect.

2complex

r8 my Europe. My favorite part about this is that the t*rks were BTFO of Yurope.

I am really liking the peace conferance system after having really weird borders at the end of wars from 3

new industry and manpower/population system is really good too

I am with you on supply system, its way too simplified

pls respond

I keep savescumming but they keep refusing to give cores, even when they're in my sphere.

stupid. whatever austria is going to do the dirty work for me, and everything will come up milhouse

Try to completely BTFO the Ottomans and reclaim the Holy Lands.

How do I play uncivs in HPM (not Japan)? They really can't compete with all these european powers with their 1-2% literacy, and they westernize by 60s at best.

acquire tons of shit

And by liquer you mean?

>They really can't compete with all these european powers with their 1-2% literacy
No shit, are you telling me the europeans are the leading force in the 19th century?

>big strong power
>can't even win

wtf, this game is broke

What do lads?

SHIT
I WANTED TO WRITE SHIT, NOT LIQUER
DAMN THAT MEMER
True, but it seems a bit boring that I can't quite make Persia or India great again.

push

lol nice accidental meming

by liquer/shit I meant land and dudes.

We pushed and got the land. Should we push for all of Eritrea?

go big or go home user

>portuguese persia
wut?

fun nations to play in hdm? transcaucasia looks cool, but it has a shit literacy, tons of serfs, plety of non accepted culture, substate of russia...

hdm?

Realized I need transports for that. gonna be some time.

In the meantime, we're about to take care of more of our minorities.

Beats me

hpm*

finally met with my old enemy
and seems like they are not completely shit at africa

I've always wondered, how do you unironically keep playing V2 and find it fun after 4 fucking years of constant playing and about a couple of thousand hours in it?

>Yugoslavia
>islamic law
ALL IS LOST
KEBAB WON

Eve of liquidation.

If you want to play a substate just start a game as the owner and release it. then quit, load the game and select the newly independent country.

i like the pop system and i love the victorian era. I haven't played that much, though

I... i would feel dirty