/hbg/ - Homebrew & hacking general

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 4.01 SOON

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: plailect.github.io/Guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0/edit#gid=0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo released 11.2. Updating is safe for RedNAND/a9lh users. Several security flaws have been fixed. If you still don't have cfw, DON'T UPDATE: use ctr-httpwn to access multiplayer and eShop.
-You can downgrade from 11.2 with a hardmod or hacked system transfer. plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade
-Playing commercial games isn't possible at the moment without a DS flashcard, but it's being worked on. gbatemp.net/threads/413015

>Wii U
-haxci has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/447688/
-Stable CFW with RedNAND released. gbatemp.net/threads/446819/
-You can run games from USB without IOSU. gbatemp.net/threads/445514

>Vita
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Self-updating version of English MaiDumpTool: github.com/LioMajor/MaiDumpToolEN/releases
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-More details on the 4.01 jailbreak. wololo.net/2016/10/26/details-surface-ps4-4-01-jailbreak-potentially-enough-public-release-soon/
-Rumor from a reputable warez group that hacks are coming soon. wololo.net/2016/11/02/ps4-xbox-one-hacks-trsi-announces-warez-getting-close/

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

plailect.github.io/Guide/9.2.0-downgrade
mega.nz/#!54Yxgb6R!hamia5YX32YUBhv7PhP50KUtX_kX8Jyuauv8G_enGFU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for PS4 piracy finally official

>To Love-Ru Trouble Darkness: True Princess DLC

Wheeen?

is transferring to another sd card really just moving all the files from the old one to the new one?
I want to move from my 2gb to a 32 gb, only got as far as downgrading to 9.2

Tell me more. Do you have a9lh? Or did you just keep your sysNAND at 9.2 and have an emuNAND for everything else?

just finished this step
plailect.github.io/Guide/9.2.0-downgrade
haven't gone past this point

You should be able to move from a 2 GB to a 32 GB SD card then.

>>>/hbg/159891885

how do I update my 3DS?

I followed the a9lh guide that was posted here a while ago and am currently running 10.7.0-32 according to system settings

Is it safe to just accept the update from the 3DS menu?

i have all that installed, followed the guide from start to finish. so do i just update the system like normal by going to the options or do i use something else?

yep

What firmware does it say you have?

when will browserhax be up again?

9.2.0.25U

>have emunand and rxtools
>downgrade to 2.1.0
>black screen on boot
what do

Does it say Ver.?

Follow the troubleshooting guide

The new pokemon game is kind of boring.

Should I give up on hacking my o3ds?

I followed the guide, hit a few hiccups but appeared to install homebrew, Luma, etc. Both sun and Moon start up with a blank screen when launched in titles in FBI.

Should I try redoing everything from scratch?

Well first of all, why are you launching them from FBI. Also did you actually complete the guide 100%?

Why are you guys deliberately posting in the wrong thread.

if I format the sd card can I try over?

Does anyone have yls8's QR code for browserhax? The site's not working

FBI is an installer

Go to SD, pick your CIA and hit A to begin the install

should I bother with this one, famlams..?

has anyone downloaded, installed and tried/played it/this yet or not...?

You shouldn't bother with it because you already have Moon.

If I format the sd card with my emunand on it can I just start over?

no
it says Sys 9.2.0-20U in the system settings screen

Are you on the latest stable Luma release

yes

If you got to the part where it says to update, then do it.

so i'd update to 11.2+ whatever whatever then?

Yes. It's completely safe, since you already have A9LH+Luma3DS installed. There's no reason to stay on 9.2

ok, im on 11.2.0-35 now
still can't play my games though, not sure if i did something wrong. i can install them with FBI and they show up on my menu and shit, but they fuck up after starting them.

fire emblem won't even start and pkmn moon starts but goes to a black screen.

I did download pokemon sun as soon as it was posted on /vp/ 10 hours ago and I'm currently playing it. If it's lurantis's upload it's legit.

What the fuck? You updated to 11.2 and installed Moon and the other game in just 6 minutes?

no way
i already had moon and FE downloaded, took a million years to do that. updating was easy

Are you sure that you set up Luma3DS through following the guide?

Anyone?

Why the fuck do we have 3 threads currently up?

yeah, i did everything to the letter

Because the one was posted 26 seconds after the other one, and the guy who started the third thread an hour and a half later is a dumbass

Try the current active thread 159888692

What do you think is the most comfortable way to to view/edit/search/dump a game's RAM on the 3ds?
Here's what I've been using:

>NTR Debugger Tool
Works fine except that:
- if you search for a value that decreased or increased by a certain amount, when you add the address to the list, it sets its value to that amount.
- search for a generically increased/decreased value doesn't work
- no way to refresh or delete the whole list at once
- can't show a whole memory region all at once
- slow to fetch processes, at least compared to NTRClient
- can't handle a large amount of search results
- when there's only so many results it switches its search mode to one where it checks each address one at a time, and it sometimes makes it extremely slower

>NTRClient
Doesn't have these problems but it's a lot more complicated to use and it still freezes pokemon sun and moon, just like Debugger Tool. Does this happen to you too?

>RAM Explorer (ntr plugin)
Would be the best if it didn't glitch the graphics and always crash after using it for three minutes or so.
I also wish it had a search mode.

Perhaps your CIAs got corrupt somehow when you transferred them to your SD, though I've seen a lot of people who is experimenting the same issue you have with Moon. I'd suggest you to download another game from freeShop and see if it works.

i will try that and let you know

Okay.

If I just want to pirate one or two games on Wii U that work fine on Loadiine, is there any reason to install early CFW or this brazilian method stuff? I remember I hopped on the 3DS Emunand train day one and now it seems my setup is completly out of date by now. I dont really want this to happen with the Wii U. How fast is the homebrew/piracy scene anyway?

I have a PSP and really enjoy the RPG games and some Armored Core. Is a PS Vita worth it?

The only two games I was glad I bought a PS Vita for are YS Memories of Celceta and persona 4

with fbi, is it okay to remove 3ds apps like "mii maker" or "health warning", or will the firmware start complaining?

You have a huge chance of bricking if you touch anything marked a system tile

is it possible to transfer saves between sun and moon?

No, but depending on what you want to accomplish Pkhex can help you

ok back with my report

DQ7 downloaded and works
started up fine

i will assume that the others got fucked somehow and reDL them

Yes, but it will make sun's time become like moon's. Anons have already tried that.

I want Buzzwhole and Solgaleo.
I heard it was possible to get another Cosmog to evolve into Solgaleo postgame. Is this true?

would it be wise to hold onto a second hacked 3DS? the one i grabbed to hack was pretty cheap at $40, im moving my shit to my N3DS XL due to size and shit, but im wondering if i should keep a second system for any reason.

also, do we have any cheat engines yet?

PKhex i believe has the full gen 7 dex I believe

if it's an o3ds and you might need want to downgrade another o3ds it could be worth keeping around, otherwise I can't think of anything

NTR can load cheats, although I'm not entirely sure how to use it

>menu hax fails to load luma 40% of the time
>mset loads 100% of the time

>NTR
>cheats

fuck this generation of systems
the cuck thing did seep into everything, didn't it?

If you insist on being pleb race, at least look up how to downgrade menuhax in the pastebin.

>3.61

Nice.

though, sumo isn't on freeshop yet
but im sure there are links somewhere in these threads

Yeah, or you can go to 3dsiso.

Should I be boy or girl in Pokemon Sun?

How slutty are the girl clothes and cool are they for the boys?

The Sun/Moon doesn't work, I just get a black screen
Got it from titlekeys

I'm on the lastest firmware 11.2

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Gave vita to mom
>she hasn't played it in a year
>check its firmware
>3.60
Fate.

Anyone can link me a mirror for pokemon sun?

Can I just factory reset my 3DS?
I bought one forever ago and gave it away to my niece for sex She moved away and gave it back though, so and it's on firmware 1.1.0 or something.
I want to try out that 7th Dragon or whatever

How do I delete my Pokemon Sun data? I cant find out how. Other games are easy.

mega.nz/#!54Yxgb6R!hamia5YX32YUBhv7PhP50KUtX_kX8Jyuauv8G_enGFU

thanks user

You can factory reset (but for the love of god don't update it). The reset doesn't update afaik but you can disable the internet connection if you're worried.

You need to get a catridge carrying the right firmware if you want to hack it from firmware 1.1.0. 7th Dragon would work, and a full list is included in the OP guide

So if I don't care about anything on the 3DS, just factory reset and I'm good to go?
Or will I need to update to a specific firmware after the reset?

because I have 0 fucks owned on my 3DS.
Thanks for the reply too. I didn't know which one was the actual thread

>3dsiso
>signing up for a message board

fuck, i thought i left the early 00's behind with emuparadise!

>gave my mom my old acekard
>buy a replacement years later then remember that my mom has my old acekard
>turns out my little brother gave it to a friend who moved to nj without giving it back

yes, just don't go out of your way to do a system update. To hack it you'll have to go through a few extra hoops as I said

i have the latest update for luma is it safe to update3ds firmware?

Lol I know, but it can be helpful sometimes.

i don't get why we don't just have shit that works like freeshop or cia angel or FBI with QR codes

seconding this

Alright, real quick. How do I import my Moon save to my Sun CIA using JKSV? I've exported the Moon save, what next? Do I have to swap it on the actual MicroSD via PC?

Figured as much. Thanks.

10.5.0-30U o3DS, and for some reason browser isn't working and the exploit I can do - Omega Ruby basehaxx - is just crashing the game back to the home screen

Any tips?

Anyone confirmed this works?

What's the Password senpai?

lurantis

whats the password?

Didn't realize it got posted thanks!

>tfw nobody plays God Eater anymore

Are there any places to get a 2DS with a low firmware version guaranteed?

got the other one?
im not one for the day

browserhax is down right now, calm your testes

It's interesting that a save file can do that. This means that in the future a save editor will be able to flip that switch on purpose. Have they tried taking a save file from sun and putting it in moon to get 'correct' game time?

I'm going to play offline pirate version

Is it hard to emulate GBA games on a hacked 3DS?

I've given up on trying to get DS games to work, and I just wanna play some fucking Advance Wars