XCOM General - /xcg/

MEC Warriors Edition

Previous Mission: News:
1)Console Release of XCOM 2

2) Long War Studios has released the Long War Alien Pack:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=577474474

3) Julian Gollop is STILL working on his new game Phoenix Point. It's a turn-based tactical game with strategy elements, destructible terrain, geoscape and character progression. He was recently interviewed by Eurogamer about it.
>phoenixpoint.info/
>eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-29-watch-we-ask-the-creator-of-xcom-about-his-next-game-phoenix-point

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 character pool
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

XCOM2 modlist, UPDATED!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, contains most of the mods in the modlist:
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Have you hugged your MEC today?
>youtube.com/watch?v=GM3MwpkVYKQ
>youtube.com/watch?v=OMD7UNCd5gI
>youtube.com/watch?v=1vU7XqToZso

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/xcom/mods/666/?
pastebin.com/P9z8eggJ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you will never lick an archon

2nd for THANKS JAKE

pistols are useful

OH BABY THIS MUSIC IS FIRE!

>squaddies first mission
>gets set up on fire twice
>survives
>he wasnt even shot
>it was random fire spreading

one more turn and hes dead, goodl luck Vasiliy

If you were actually posting something kind of hot, I might give you a pass on posting it. But as it stands...

Weird things? No.

Oh shit

is there a mod for LW that changes the weapon models so they aren't just the resized versions of the base weapons?

Must keep things prude.

Back when LW was in development that was the only way they had of changing models. So I doubt it. EU was a lot less moddable than xcom 2 and LW did miracles of reverse engineering to get as far as they did.

Section 8 for tier 3 please.

Mod that lets me turn SPARKS into Payday 2 bulldozers when?

Who?

Should i rush psi soldiers in xcom2? also when is a good time to do the skulljack and shadow chamber shit? im just starting to research plasma weapons and i have pods with andromedons and metal gears fucking me in the ass

M-Metal Gear?!

No, as the other user noted, there just isn't actually a way to add new models to X1.

>Should i rush psi soldiers in xcom2?
If you can sure, I myself haven't really found the exact best time to do it as usually I'm to busy securing more traditional weapons, gear, and armor, not too mention keeping pace with the Avatar project. Feels like I never can find the time or money early on.

>also when is a good time to do the skulljack and shadow chamber shit
Frankly, whenever you think you may have trouble getting to the next ADVENT facility in time (so in order to knock back Doom ticker progress in emergencies) or whenever you are ready to finish the game.

got it user, thanks
second playtrough that endedbadly, the first i dint rush magnetic weapons

Did they fix their fuckpatch yet?

What's wrong with it?

No, but there is a community patch mod for the messed up targetting.

That's something I guess. How the hell did controller support even affect the targetting?

Who knows. It's clique, but you fix one bug, get 10 more. Add a few completely things though and well...

It is what it is. I just hope they get rid of the yellow XBOX Y's and the other UI bullshit soonest.

this patch can go to hell

>overwatch traps sometimes work sometimes dont
>berserkers teleport

ive just a mission where an entire squad waltzed to cover while 5 guys having los on them
then a zerker decided to smack my sniper despite 2 threat assesment

fuck you Jake, fuck you
the no scopes and perception anywhere can go to hell aswell
im in fucking july and i had fucking TWO basic scopes with vulture

Someone tell Jake to take his shit patch back.

Don't you want to explore the Avenger in first-person tho?

Which do you prefer /xwg/? EW or xcom 2
IMO I'd prefer EW
>hueg art style
>better maps
>half cover isn't useless
>mecs
>Dr.Vahlen and Bernie sanders
>long war
I like the mods and character customization in 2, but it's kinda pointless in the end because most of them will get insta killed by a lucky critical and xcom 2 seems closer to the LW type of "fuck you" difficulty

Oh my god I need this

mod that lets me turn sparks into mecs when

No, i want to play the game.

So /xcg/, what are you playing while you wait for the game to be playable again?

I've been getting deep into Hitman™ and R6 Siege. As awful as the "always online" meme is, it's nice having games that prioritize packing as much content as possible over story modes that never reach the level of a Dolph Lundgren straight-to-Netflix shit.

ADVENT group tactics always make for the best multikills

titanfall2 mainly

NICELY DONE

Haven't even played Xcom2 in weeks, maybe months, haven't played anything in days, working on mods, dying.

Last game i played was Castlevania Lords of Shadow, got to like chapter 2 or something and i stopped. I played it a million years ago when it came out but i never finished it, last thing i remember is killing the first lord of shadow.

care to show what you are working on?

Tit and Fall 2. Honestly, the patch landed right in the middle of a seriously enjoyable campaign, and I bought TF2 out of sheer frustration.

You enjoying it?

Apart from latency issues, yes. Very much.

It's just new advent dudes, i had already posted them here before but i don't really have anything new and interesting to show. A lot of the time has been eaten by figuring out code stuff like abilities.

Most of that is finished thanks to help from Robojumper and now i just have to finish a bunch of models and stuff. There's a lot of stuff though, i like the research side of Xcom and i wanted to make an alien that gave a lot of new things through research, so i went a bit crazy and now i have to finish new weapons, new items, a new proximity mine and tons of ui icons and stuff.

Actually i don't think i posted this before, they have their own captain. They're not finished though, their cape thingy's physics are all fucked and i have to make a new one.

Holy shit user, this fits perfectly into the artstyle of X2. Looking amazing, above and beyond the stuff LWS has added so far. Fucken' neato

these are your debuff guys right?

They look fucking magnificent

Lump should be ashamed of himself for just releasing recolored Advent

INFINITE WARFARE PORTS WHEN

>>half cover isn't useless
you wot m8

Are there any mods for TotD that allow you to see the entire battlescape without havig to walk around the entire map?

40FPS at 1440p or 60 at 1080p? Help

Lots of Masters of Orion 2 because I'm currently limited to my laptop, and I am very burnt out on X-COM (the entire franchise, not any once game).

>TotD
Wat dis

Sorry, I meant Terror from the Deep.

id go for 1080 but thats just me

>land skyranger for retaliation
>this is what greets me
talk about a strong offensive lineup

dont you fumble now

DRAW

>can run Xcom 2 on minimum
>can run EW just fine on medium or high
>if long dong is running I get serious FPS drops and have to run EW on low or minimum
What does long war cause preformance issues ? It doesn't change any Visual assists iirc

Long War is held together by the coding equivalent of duct tape. It pushes XCOM past the limits of what it was designed to do. I guess I can't give the real technical details, but that's the very basic idea.

Tried, but that looks blurry as hell on my monitor. Shit.

Anyone know which settings are the most demanding? I know MSAA is a big one, but that's about the length of it for me

bokeh is one same with some of they reflection check boxes

turns out that throws are OP
who would've guessed

not included is the starting linebacker herself, the berserker queen
also
>one faceless

That is correct, although to be honest they're a bit lacking in the debuff department now. But at the very least they should be pretty annoying, especially the later versions, as in, the normal scouts probably wont be too much trouble, but i hope to be able to make it so the elite scouts are as annoying as humanly possible.

Turned off the reflection thing and set the SSAO thing to Tile AO, now getting silky smooth 60 maxing everything else out. Thanks a bunch user.

By the by, how come everyone says the game is broken right now? Is it just the targeting bug or something else?

Did anyone else have trouble getting SightLines for LW working?

This nexusmods.com/xcom/mods/666/?

It's showing as active in my launch.log and everything, but not in game.

Strange, never have any issues with it. Do you have a legit copy or a pirated one? Could be a version compatibility issue

It's too magnificent.

Legit Steam, latest version of LW. Installed per instructions.

And now we're in a flooded town

That is... That is pretty cool.

Omega Force cosmetics when?
Omega Force voicepack when?

>Troops make callouts and shit back and forth to make turns feel more alive and for flavor
>more standard XCOM EW missions (no timer, no stealth)
>goddamn laser weapons before plasma and an armor tier before gay ass Tron suits

Just somethings I've noticed I feel are missing or needed in XCOM2

I have a XBOX HUEG update today. What is it, precisely?

It's mostly processor load I think, it runs a lot of scripts in the background.

It worked for me too.

>Troops make callouts and shit back and forth to make turns feel more alive and for flavor
This would be so damn hard to do right though

>>"Is another Civ Stream episode"

At leas Beagle posted fresh eagles on YouTube.

Targetting bug, also apparently controller prompts keep on invading the UI at random.

Where is your game/steam installation located?

controller support, first person camera for the Avenger, support for adding a certain kind of modfile that you would use to make cutscenes.

However, it comes with lots of bugs, if you haven't already, get the mod that fixes the new targetting bug, but be warned, there are more issues than that. If you have a campaign you are very invested in, now might not be a good time.

Evolve ports when?

LW is acting really fucked up in general. There were Lid footsteps in a Drone/Section easy abduction.
Overwatch isn't springing a ton of the time when enemies pass in front of guaranteed LoS
Splash damage from the environment isn't affecting enemies.
UI is acting very buggy, sometimes not selecting what I mouse over.

>Where is your game/steam installation located?

Here's my log.pastebin.com/P9z8eggJ
Too long for Hastebin.

Okay, don't think I wanted the whole log, just wanted to make sure that you didn't have the game installe din programs(x86) folder.

Have you touched the mods .ini file at all?

>There were Lid footsteps in a Drone/Section easy abduction.
Hey I've had that too. Very spooky, do not like.

Someone get Jake on the phone and tell him to fix his game.

Is that a medieval peasant granny cosplaying as Tychus Findlay?

Yes.

We need new Mec enemies. New Spark cosmetics.

WHEN?

>first person camera for the Avenger
Whaaaat? Like, you can wander around in it now?

Yes, it's a debug command (need the console enabled) and it requires a controller.

Knock Knock

Is there a fix for LW's UI being sluggish? It shouldn't be this bad on a Intel Core i7 3770K

I don't even know what the fuck this is but i want it in Xcom.