Vanilla

This is the vanilla wow containment server general.

>What's the plan?

Literally everyone is leaving for nost2.0 which will be hosted by Valkyrie (check nostalbegins twitter). Nihilum is not yet dead, show up to raids.

>what faction are we rolling?

Most of us are going horde in
Some people are planning alliance in

Leveling Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit

Nos Pre-Bis
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=329725463

Leveling Specs
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0

Big Addon Pack
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vanilla-112-addons-download/

tags: nosg krog wpsg elyg world of warcraft

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/133075914/#133145809
s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=30111837988539585110
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

eggplant

Please, alliance guild has been renamed to
Update the info for the next OP

I have no direction in life... I goto work, come back and sleep, dreaming of playing Nost2.

3rd for normie guild

trust no one

To whoever made this picture, I love you.

this op is 100% spot on

merove is a normie pretending to be a 4channer

>Kornos
>no pay2win
my sides

this

:eggplant:

I am the same, except with horrible, crushing wrist pain.

>arms lets you sit in zerker stance and whirlwind, but still swap and overpower whenever mobs dodge your shit
>also lets you swap and shield bash annoying caster/healer mobs before you unlock pummel
>sweeping strikes is insane for multipulls

>fury lets you /sit and enrage
>aoe slow
>5% crit (made up for with axe spec eventually)

dunno desu senpaitachi

Launch When?

>no /vag/ in OP

retard

Early-mid December is the safe bet. Might be sooner if the team work their asses off and everything goes smoothly.

>normie
>guy dressing up as a girl

Since you cucks don't want to put it in the OP, here's a repost:

How to get Chinese fonts in English WoW client:

boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/133075914/#133145809

Do the first step in that post (just extracting fonts) and you get to see what they're writing and you can make screenshots of it.

I didn't do the rest so I can't personally attest to it working, but the user who posted it claimed it did.

Also I just noticed that the dropbox doesn't work, so here are the fonts I had installed:

s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=30111837988539585110

You people might want to put that shit (including the post I linked) somewhere in the OP since it's, if nothing else, useful to make report screenshots.

Thanks Senpai

as an ex Sylvanas player warrior on ally side, seeing Vurtne triggers the shit out of me.

who druid master race here?

What about instead of opening a fresh server, they open one for the Chinese?

Now make a guide on how to integrate Google Translate into it.

Why would you actually want to talk to them?

I tried rolling one recently just unlocked bear form. When do they get fun?

Why would I want to see the Chinese?

>anything other than UD Rogue or Orc Warrior
>master race

Because seeing blank lines doesn't really make you fully realize, psychologically, how big the problem is.

Why the fuck would this go in the OP? We are not chinks.

Fucking retard. That's way too much clutter to go in an OP. Make a pastebin at least.

>horde

>druid
>race

They are supposed to get fun at the point you get bear form.

Wait a little for cat form, and see if that's any fun to you or not.

level 21

they are people too

>Vanilla
Can you stop changing the title every time you make a new thread, it's gone from vang to vag and now vanilla

It would make it easier if you stuck to one

When does bear get the AoE melee hit?

>people

make it /nosg/ again

I agree with this, there is no other alternative

>kronos
>crestfall

pls

Isn't Druid 27/0/24 a meme ?

Since Nost gonna release the source code soon to the public, there's a chance that more and more Nost like realms will be born, not to mention that already existing realms will integrate some of the code. So there's a chance that there will be a change in the future in terms of quality in the vanilla server scene.

Thus there's no reason to have one general to be dedicated for one server, but rather for all vanilla servers, since later on, people might scatter around many different realms.

You mean 24/0/27, the cheap healing touch and 0.5 sec reduction on crit HT spam?

is this the best priest cape?

I know how big the problem is. That's why I'm not rolling in this shitty server lmao

depends if you're worldbuffed or not

+18% crit from buffs makes a huge difference

>not hide of the wild

I apologise for that, my bad.

i mean pre raid

Try to make a spec that sacrifices a little bit of dps for the stun resist and use it for both pve and pvp without telling your raid group

Archivist Cape of Healing

>HotW is a raid drop

get a load of this retard. HotW should be mandatory preraid for any self respecting healer.

might as well be, you aren't getting it pre raid

>you aren't getting it pre raid
Why not? All of the mats you can farm pre-raid. The only difficult part about getting it is getting those 3 cured rugged hides.

>you aren't getting it pre raid

Just because you aren't doesn't mean you aren't expected to

When the game actually exists, sure.

You're not on new nost. The recipe won't drop until dire maul is released.

>The recipe won't drop until dire maul is released.
Oh. I'm playing on the old server. I want to see AQ released.

So when Elysium launches and its bad, what are you going to do?

archivist's cape (especially of healing), then hide of the wild when it's out (or the DM cape)

This, majority of items people take for granted aren't simply there or have shit stats on a launch server.
Kronos just didn't care about item progression and dropped 1.10 dungeon items, 1.12 items, 1.10 recipes and other shit when the server only had MC/Ony.

Are warlocks good DPS in raiding?

I think I'm going warlock, but just want to make sure before I commit to it.

Yes, but you'll be pulling aggro often, so you'll have to know how to pace yourself.

+hit items are your prio.

Yeah. Certainly serviceable, and they scale really well into AQ/Naxx. Not to mention that guilds love having an extra player around who can summon people.

If you roll lock on alliance you will have an easier time with threat, as paladins have a buff to reduce it

>he is going to play on fresh

>but you'll be pulling aggro often, so you'll have to know how to pace yourself.
I can't stand warlocks who constantly aggro and then blame the tank for it.

Face it guys, we're all going back to our old characters and staying on Old Nostysium.
NOPE is already endorsing it and working towards convincing as many guilds stay as they can.

I will raidlog for BWL and AQ on old nost and making "alts" on fresh

They're only good with some hit items which aren't there until BWL/ZG.
Horde warlocks got some threat cap issues, so you need some good tanks which know what they are doing.

Thanks guys. Honestly torn between going alliance or Horde. I hear that most people are going horde, I don't want to gimp myself going alliance desu

>raid group

this is 11-40

leaning towards fury, but tactical mastery seems like something that really really helps a lot

I guarantee that's a cleave ght where he was smart enough to h*ckfire instead of shadowbolt

What am I looking at senpai?

That's overall Boss DPS. You only really use Hellfire on the molten core dogs, Sulfuron adds got too much fire resistance for that to be a useful tactic on their fights.
MC raids from my guild on Nost, I don't think I had Onyxia buff for that one.

Is it worth getting in on this if I never played Vanilla WoW? I didn't start until early WotLK and I'm at least a little interested. Legions been kind of burning me out lately since the shit never ends, but from what I've heard the grind in vanilla is even worse.

I want to know if it'll be worth the effort to try vanilla if I've never played it previously. If I do, should I play a Warlock, Priest or Druid? Also I have no idea how any of this stuff works. Can I get banned on my actual battle.net account for messing around with private servers?

Are we leaving for Crestfall when it launches?

Vanilla is totally different from retail, everything feels like an accomplishment. Warlocks are easier to level than other classes so it would be a good start. And you can't get banned on live for playing private server.

>should I play a Warlock, Priest or Druid?
lock
>Can I get banned on my actual battle.net account for messing around with private servers?
fucking no

they are great, late game they are the best range

>alliance
>warlock

nice bait

no you won't get banned as long as you don't say on your retail account that you are playing private server

I'd go for warlock just because it will be the easiest to level and for someone who hasn't ever played vanilla, leveling is going to hit you like a Mack Truck.

I will warn you, if you play vanilla you are going to take a red pill that will ruin modern WoW for you. You are going to be seeing WoW in its prime and anything else will pale in comparison.

>Is it worth getting in on this if I never played Vanilla WoW?
With the release of a fresh server, next month is a great time to try it out if you're curious.
>Legions been kind of burning me out lately since the shit never ends, but from what I've heard the grind in vanilla is even worse.
Worse? Well, it's more challenging, but you're not stuck doing dailies or any rubbish like that. On top of that, it's a far more sociable experience.
>I want to know if it'll be worth the effort to try vanilla if I've never played it previously. If I do, should I play a Warlock, Priest or Druid?
Warlocks and druids can both level quite easily, with Warlocks being able to tackle great challenges solo. Priests are harder to level, but you'll usually be in high demand in dungeons.
>Also I have no idea how any of this stuff works.
You download a .rar of the game with 1.12 patch then open the file named realmlist.wtf in notepad or some other text editor - changing it to the private server's location. Make an account on that server's site and then log on. Pretty easy.
>Can I get banned on my actual battle.net account for messing around with private servers?
You won't be banned. They aren't capable of knowing and don't exactly care about individual players like that either way.

never having played vanilla is the best time to play vanilla

>Is it worth getting in on this if I never played Vanilla WoW?
Yes. Only reason to play honestly, nostalgia fags playing the same thing for 10 years are fucked up.

>What to expect
A very slow, deliberate game. Things die slower, drop good stuff less often, money is scarce, groups take time to gather. Success is higher impact, because it took more to achieve.
If you play RTS as a base builder rather than as a gookclick, you are the kind of person to enjoy it.

Right Wing Gank Squad when?

Also which guild should I join to avoid trannies, avatarfags, sjws, redditors, and other degeneracy? Alliance guild has karu, whereas horde guild has a twitch/reddit name and also koragon.

Must I join a normalfag guild to stay away from turbo cancer?

>nostalgia fags playing the same thing for 10 years
I think most vanilla players stopped playing wow altogether for at least a few years inbetween retail and vanilla.

The only real "grind" in vanilla is leveling from 1-60. But vanilla is radically different from WotLK, and not even remotely the same game as Legion.

Personally I find leveling in vanilla a lot of fun. When new servers launch the "race" to be one of the first people to level 60 is awesome. Even if you don't want to rush, the experience of having hundreds of people in all of the leveling zones grouping up and killing shit is really fun.

So I wouldn't consider leveling 1-60 a grind unless you've done it before in vanilla a few times. If it's your first time it's just you playing the game and having fun. The game is just completely different from the other expansions, it's something you need to experience to understand.

Are we going to Crestfall when it launches or staying on Nost? Also I am assuming horrific server stability.

Well nost has sjw pottu, but crestfall doesn't really have any hype behind it.

but alliance is under the leadership lf a normalfag so you're all good

>crestfall

Go Nost until Crestfall launches then see where most people go before making a decision.

When will a private server ever get cross-realm working. That is what kills the pvp community of these servers. Same people pvp until they rank and it becomes stale as fuck. Needs a larger pvp pool of players.

It's one of the things Crestfall is promising.

Yea I figured leveling would be awful. I remember leveling on retail from 1-80 and thinking it was breddy gud, 80-85 became stale, 85-90 was a slog and 90 to 110 (quit after a month of MoP) was honestly like the worst experience. I'm still not even geared for raids since I'm playing casually and the shit literally never ends. I'm imagining leveling Vanilla is worse than all the previous experiences combined. I might still be interested if it's going to be worth my while. As for ruining modern WoW for me, that might actually be a good thing. If I get tired of Vanilla, Blizzard won't get my money anymore for my subscription. I don't really play with friends on retail. I wish I did. I want friends who'll do current content with me. Hopefully at least some of the faggots around here will meet that qualification.

I hope it'll be worthwhile. I want to do 40 mans raids and whatnot and get to experience it. Nowadays I solo Naxx on my level 90+ characters for money (along with every other raid from Wrath and Cataclysm) and I can't help but feel that this is how WoW will always be for me where I'm years behind. It doesn't make me happy to be able to single-handedly kill the Lich King or Deathwing because it's so bereft of difficulty and accomplishment. Now that I think about it feels like I only get in on things after everybody's had their fun. I feel like my whole life is going to be like that and it's kind of depressing.

>Crestfall

Remember, Vanilla is a more social experience on Nost 2.0, just brush up on your mandarin first if you feel like talking to anyone around you in a 100mi radius

I never did Naxxramas in vanilla myself, I am hoping Elysium will give me that in several months or whatever.

cant wait to gank all you freaks, post names below