/domg/ - Dominions General

Alfheimr edition

Previous thread Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm (embed)

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Jump into MP feet first
>Don't bully elves
>Work on your blogs, videos, and the wiki

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=CastInTheNameOfBobYeNotGuilty
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

TIL Shattered Soul and Insanity stack.

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Third for dedder than Ermor's hopes and dreams

Why would they? Their nature is differen from each other.

the cycle continues...

>Non lifeless undead are still vulnerable to cascades, too

They are vulnerable if they're in the AoE, but mages will not target them

I'm not restarting again, you need to do your turns ulm or I will find someone who will

Sounds like those can make thugs out of the boxes, if you just give them a massive armor and shield without worrying about them falling asleep on the job.

What is the game name?

Steel_domg_run

At this point I would assume that Ulm is a troll and his build is probably intentionally shit.

They have good armor already, but it's still more reliable to spend the 15 gems on summons. They have low defense and only 18 hp.

What thug chassi can you get for 15 gems? That's pretty cheap.

Oh, I see. Not a fan of summod, so sorry.

Need two people to set two nations AI, come into steam chat if your up for it

In that case I'll be going to as well.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

He was quoting a post talking about LA Ulm's ghoul commanders. I was saying that they're unreliable to thug. My 15 gems was referring to minimal thug gear.

Vava plz ;_;

Abysia has managed to lose to the barbarians and their cap remains under siege.

It turns out my math was a bit off.

I like the lizards mechanically, but dislike their lore and aesthetic

Is it their cap too? I saw that they had another fort sieged.

pls no bully

Don't worry, I did a double

It wasn't the cap.

You are right it was Baccar. Still, barbarians are giving them a harder time than Ulm did.

>Implying there's a difference

>implying Ulm ever managed to win a fight

How did that happen? You had a lot more mage support, which makes this loss a bit confusing.

All of his units were chaff, whereas lizards had real troops. Also, lizards has supermages pathboosted with 4 com slaves, possibly with a double-communion setup given that the slanns can autocast

Slann famalam.

Can the hot russian meme reanimate a dead thread?

>HELLO EVERYBODY, MY NAME IS MISTER BAT.I LIVE AT THE SHORE, IT'S NICE HERE AND THEY FED ME GIRLS. THERE ARE A LOT OF FREAKS AROUND, BUT PEOPLE SAY THAT THOSE ARE FROGS. I AM A BLIND BAT AND CAN'T SEE A THING. GIVE ME MONEY, I AM BEGGING YOU, AS MUCH AS YOU WILLING.

>I NEED THEM VERY MUCH. I FEEL MYSELF VERY BAD HERE.I KEPT IN CAPTIVITY, IN PRISION. THEY SAY THAT I AM "IM-PRI-SO-NED" BECAUSE I WAS ASS LICKING PANTOCRATOR, NOW I AM ROTTING HERE.

>EVERY COIN WILL BE USED TO SET ME FREE. I DON'T WANT TO PLAY THIS SHIT. HELP.

Welp, down goes a pile of ba'al to an ocean of water elementals. That is painful.

has riley discovered ele spam?

I hope you weren't using those Ba'als as SCs

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=CastInTheNameOfBobYeNotGuilty

Join the game! No Ulm means no staling!

That and everything except the Saurus Warriors and Chameleon Skinks having BV probably didn't help much.

Joined as Ulm.

Motherfucker.

Aurum can summon an ethereal sacred for 1 death gem lmao. I can't stand this constant cavalcade of bullshit

I'm actually too busy staling in real life to join a game right now.

Kek

yo monkeys here send me that vine shield nigga

What'll you give me for it senpai?

whatever popped when i got his other stack

i think it had a herald lance in it, a caudron of endless broth, and some other shit

Fine, send me something magic dudes can use.

just why

what did he mean by this?

I mean I have no idea whats useful to me at this point so I'll leave it to the monkeys discretion.

ill need one more turn to get the guys carrying it back to the lab

Same here.

I have studied the ways of UW warfare. My water elemental spam is second to none.

Raise Dead

Banishment

So why does Sum1's google docs spreadsheet have multiple columns for "What nations were there?" and "What nations won?"

>not casting Twiceborn

disciple games

Life After Death.

Why are MA Agarthan Infantries strictly worse than indy Heavy Infantry?

We arent in battle.

For reference, they're 10s in everything except prot, def, enc and AP, with indy HI having 16, 12, 6 and 9, while Agarthan Infantries have 15, 14, 7 and 8, for identical gold and resource costs.

Because you should be using shard guards and defenders of the hall instead.

Anyway, looks like I'm attacking Lemuria now. They've been friendly enough, but I was getting tired of fighting off their dominion. Also I was getting bored.

I lost one of my two attacks due to an unexpected encounter with their Lich Queen, but here's her paths, if anyone wants to know.

1. looks like they're not strictly worse
2. there are other differences too
3. doesn't matter, you should never be using them anyway

What was she casting? Where was she at?

>only better def
>L1 weapon that does less damage as opposed to a L2 weapon that does more
uh huh

INNOVATIVE

She was at 144. I saw her cast Raise Dead, Flying Shield, Horde of Skeletons, Terror, Astral Shield, Paralyze, and Nether Bolt.

Thats like literaly nothing. 30 jaguar warriors withoit a bless would have been enough.

>Game name is "Can into host"

>host is staling

Rip moat

>broadsword is better than shortsword
>+2 def doesn't matter
I see your problem. Have you tried getting gud?

That's exactly what I had, plus a bless, but they ended up routing after I lost a little under half. There were 20 ghosts too, but they didn't last long. I'm not sure what happened.

Maybe I wasn't paying attention to scripting or I got horribly unlucky or something. I dunno.

Tried and failed desu

Dont know, maybe i'm underestimating unscripted lich queen.

unscripted lich queen will resort to summoning more skeletons, that plus a bad fear check would route jaguars. Espically if the jaguars are not wielding a sufficently "killing" bless. If mcitlan has something like N9B9 I can see him losing

Abyssia how many damn bloodslaves have you got in that pocket of yours?

>expecting MA Abyssia to run out of blood
>ever

I guess its my own fault for even letting Abyssia get this big. Its one of my first games getting this far into the endgame, and had I jumped Abyssia earlier I might have won this by now. Blood is really cancer if it gets into lategame.

Outside of stupid meme games, you'll hit a point in the game, usually around turn 60 or so, where whoever has the widest blood access is going to win. Naturally they need to be of a decent size to actually get there, but still. Blood basically adds an additional economy on top of gold and gems, and uses that economy to summon elite units and mages. If you haven't removed all blood nations by that point, you need to either be a blood nation yourself or have a sufficiently overwhelming advantage in gold/gems/thrones to close out the game.

I feel as if blood could use a bit of a nerf, or at the very least split up their paths a bit. One research tree and you can get multiple game winning spells. Once you get a blood economy flowing you can cast almost any spell you want.

Isnt the idea that you can go blood without going anything else?

It's not a big surprise that some of strongest nations are blood nations with national blood summons that basically hand them the endgame to them if they can get there (which they usually can thanks to having something like great expansion, great sacreds and/or strong magic)

A solid blood economy is such a chore to set up and maintain that it deserves a big payoff.

I'd be fine with a blood power nerf if we had slaves travel to the labs on their own, like gems do.

You mus have a lot of Nature gems if you can afford to waste them on werewolves White.

looks like yomi is rubbadub's first staler

but let's wait to see if he does it again

This is honestly why I hate LA. The whole game boils down to whoever demons hardest. Jomon would be a really cool nation in MA, but they can't into blood so they just lose. Agartha can actually win off a hard mid-game push and Atlantis can take on just about any nation early, but both have only middling win rates because there's too much blood to remove all of it.

How is Jomon's UW game anyway? I saw that they have unique units underwater.

Better than their land. The shark infantry are very sturdy front liners that hit hard, but suffer from low attack density. They work well when mixed with humans on land or shrimp UW.

Their dragons are big mages, especially for LA, and let you drop acid storm, living water, or just big falling frosts/cleansing water. They're much easier to use than the wide-but-shallow land mages.

The solution to blood is to let Lemuria kill off the world's population.
Donate death gems to your friendly neighboorhood spook.

Need pearls for that, my love. Even then, it's not often available until late enough in the game that Big Blood Nation Y has already won

>joins mod meme game
>surprised when he gets memed

How does it compare to a lictor?

New mod meme game when? I want to get memed.

We could do a warhammer modnat game, we even got the right map for it.