/kfg/ - Killing Floor General

PUT ANDERSON BACK IN THE FUCKING GAME ALREADY edition

Full release date: November 18 on PC and PS4.

>Last thread:

>Latest WWAUT: Post-Launch content
steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/956279532515988113

>Latest patch
steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/724346080680618004

>KF2 Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/kf2vg

>Maps and Mods by /kfg/
pastebin.com/QkMNdNPj

>user's guide to modding sound effects
pastebin.com/uCUjbFKY

>Useful console commands for testing:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=424641626

>Spreadsheet with lots of stats about perks, damage, weapons, etc:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GDpg2mN1l_86U_RaDug0glFx8cZCuErwxZLiBKl9SyY/

>Mapping/modding help, bugs, tweaks, downloads, and extra stuff:
pastebin.com/w5jdaGVn

>Old 2015 /kf2g/ pastebin info (old server IPs):
pastebin.com/gCA9DkDw

EU servers:
open 85.236.101.21:8077?password=rage
open 51.254.187.123:7777

US server:
open 70.178.17.101:7777

If your reload/bash/grenade keys don't work make sure your KFInput.ini is not set as read-only.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/market/listings/232090/Mace and Shield | USA | Battle-Scarred
rejzor.wordpress.com/killing-floor-2-tweaker/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

SDK isn't working again after installing the beta. How do I fix it, lads?

Opt-in survivalist update is supposedly live, by the way.

Yup. Launched the game and saw that Tripwire took 0 notes from the backlash people had to the preview skills and everything is the same, even the randomized weapon on spawn.
Great job as usual, Tripwire!

>there's already skins for the shield and mace on the market despite the fact that neither the weapon nor the skin are actually in the game yet, just the information that verifies someone has it in their inventory
steamcommunity.com/market/listings/232090/Mace and Shield | USA | Battle-Scarred

>last thread 11 days ago
>3 posts

Really makes you think.

Willing to bet this thread will die with less than 10 posts too simply because this update adds nothing to the game.

>more firecuck nerfs
>slight funslinger nerf
>age old bugfixes
>airborne agent doesnt fuck anyone up now
>survivalist is shit
>0 servers in browser

what went wrong

opt in to the beta sdk too.

There is no SDK beta this time around.

guess you have to stay tuned for a week then.

when the fuck are we getting new guns?

half the fun of playing a new perk is using new guns

>when the fuck are we getting new guns?
Christmas 2018

CONTENT

Haven't been here in ages. Is Survivalist really that bad? From the looks of it, he looks like he could be a battle medic or decent short range class. Not the best class, but better than demo

>Not the best class, but better than demo
Demo is one of the best perks right now. Have you not played since the I&D update or what?
Survivalist is utter trash. You have no idea what skills they have selected and every single task they do is done better by a specialized perk. Being able to use an off-perk weapon SLIGHTLY better than other perks is not enough to justify its existence.

>Demo
>Bad
You really haven't been here in a while huh

why the revive

Because there's an update, for better or worse.
If we die before the bump limit then let's leave it.

New update is out and the game comes out next friday

>more firebug nerfs

what the fuck

Who cares? Fuck Firebug.

t. demofag

>t. any perk that isn't Firebug
FTFY

I sure do miss the bantz

survivalist is pretty ass

SS's 9mm's are fucking amazing though
take Marksman and they feel incredible

Also, new sounds for pulveriser, DBS, Caulk, and subtle sound changes for RPG and Railgun (i think)

They fixed gorefast blades so they dont have a magical magnetic barrier

Frost grenades are powerful as fuck. Massive radius and freezes everything for like 6 seconds

fixed massacre 1shots all trash in a single sideways light attack. Worth considering before scrakes spawn.

Survivalist is as shit as expected. He'll probably be okay in about 5 months.

also, medic farts no longer rock your vision

I kinda don't want to play this update, I mean survivalist is basically the same shit we already have

they also fixed projectile issues (like crossbow and evisc) and numerous bug fixes.

grenades changes are pretty nice.

-Overall nice and appreciated bug fixes and tweaks
-No worthwhile content other than 9mm's for SS

>Full release date: November 18 on PC and PS4.
I wonder what they can accomplish in 1 week

The game doesn't really feel complete to me

Because the rest of the actual game will be "post release" content.

I hate leveling firebug as it is.

>Marksman 9mm
Holy shit it's so fast

We waited 3 months for an incredible shitty content update.

Not even a new fucking map or weapon.

I ... just ...

Not even a new knife or fucking icon for the new perk.

>Husk remembered how to suicide
Guess they were Hillary supporters.

CUTE

>9mm now receives SS perk bonuses
Should have been that way from the start desu senpai.

That's not the demo I know.
Her skintone is lighter, her eyes aren't brown, and her hair is longer.

Survivalist is fucking shit. Boosted his ass to 20 right away, these skill choices are so fucking stupid it hurts. This kind of perk just doesn't work with current skill system

>make a jack of all trades perk that requires nothing but a simple skill tree
>fuck it up anyways

All the other perks were pretty garbage when they first came out.

Hopefully it will be serviceable, in a few months

gunslinger was pretty good, actually it was probably too good considering you could shred crowds with deagles

Is there any reason to use survivalist? How would you change it to make it viable?

Not sure what skills exactly, but it would make for a more interesting perk if the skills changed depending on the previous choices.

>Is there any reason to use survivalist?
Nope.
>How would you change it to make it viable?
Where the fuck do I even start?
I could write a long post explaining what I would do but I honestly don't care enough to come up with a good explanation and better ideas than Tripwire because ANYONE in the thread can make a Survivalist that's more competitive and fun than Tripwire.

>Release Medic, Firebug, Nuke Demo and Gunslinger
>Garbage

So this is why they removed Support logo from machete in previous update.

>actually it was probably too good considering you could shred crowds with deagles
tfw you have to sacrifice reloading speed to do it now

remove it and just have crossperk functionality for perks on guns of their class

It's kinda better SWAT in some way? Maybe? I don't know, at lest survivalist have damage resistance, faster heals, can explode crowds and have more space in inventory.

move nailgun and evis over to survivalist, give zerk more melee weapons.
Survivalist should have DIY-esque weapons that provide wide forms of utility. like the Nailgun being able to pop heads at range or shotgun at close, evis being able to fire a ranged attack and being able to melee with it. move the HX grenade pistol to him and give it the original alt-fire. Dunno what to give to demo though, maybe claymores or some sort of 5 shot micro-explosive pistol

Give him weapons that benefit from all of his varied perk bonuses. Evis gains melee damage on the melee but gains headshot bonus on the disc. His entire point shouldn't be that he can use every other perks weapons, but rather that his perk weapons cover multiple roles that are usually filled by a specific perk and manages to do it well enough that it's not garbage, but not good enough that it overshadows the other perks.
For example the nailgun would never be a better shotgun than what support has, however if he needs to pick off a couple of heads he can just switch fire-modes and dunk a few things quickly and easily then immediately go back to shotgun mode if something is close. something support can't do with his "low" amount of ammunition (nailgun with single shot headshots is waaay more ammo efficient on trash than the pump action is, less efficient against the big guys though)

Survivalist can be good if he's treated as an actual perk whose purpose is that he can immediately react to any situation with the weapons on hand, not that he can be spec'd to somewhat fill a role that another perk already does way better.

So we waited 3 months for some fixes.

Some fixes and a perk that makes the game WORSE.

Thought demovivalist would be cool, but without explosive resistances he's a suicidalist.

it looked like they were making such good progress too

oh well

So how about those husks instant suciding you?

They are, ps4 version will be ready at 18th. I guess all three months were hard work for ps4.

>So how about those husks instant suciding you?
Are they just aloha snackbaring themselves instead of waiting for damage to be done?

Is it possible to just host a game for you and friends? Any server that isn't horrible is full

>original demo
>anything other than pure debauchery

i hope you enjoyed grinding the first 25 levels buddy. I'm sure it was worth the pain.

>Choice between move speed and health

>choice between reload speed (for all weapons) and damage (for all weapons)

>increase ammo vest to at least 20%, as well as increasing grenade count
>Weapon harness lets you start with a second T1 weapon on top of carry capacity

>replace explosion radius skill with bonus to explosion radius + fire range + recoil reduction + melee swing speed

>some kind of defensive buff for a zed time contender with firing speed

Also, free range choice between grenades/Starter weapons and unique Kitchen Knife

It is, though using the server take over option is much faster.

Heavy armor bonus is my favorite
>spawn with 25 armor at lvl 25
>it's gone in a sec because you don't even notice the hits wearing it
>no way to switch to normal armor so enjoy wasting your money every round
this fucking perk just keeps on giving

I missed you /kfg/

Good to have this shithole of a general back for a little while, you miserable fucks are alright.

>we're most likely going to fall off after 300 posts, 20 of them being anons desperately trying to keep the thread alive

ded gaem

Can chat stop being dead pls?

Where do I go to host a game? I don't see it anywhere on the menus

Bought the game during the latest steam sale from g2a. I never had to put up with any of the bullshit as the game was being made, but just reading and hearing about the whole process pissed me off something fierce.

Slowly getting used to the game, but is it just me or did they nerf the shotguns in this game? They don't feel like they have that same kick they did in the original.

how soon do you think they'll add an in game cosmetics store with cs go style crates after the game is officially released

Why would anyone spawn as Survivalist anyway?
>Random tier 1
It's like rolling the dice depending on your Skills, this "Perk" is a whole new level of laziness for Tripwire

Do we tell him?

>Parry bug is still not fixed
at least there's something good about this patch

No.

I don't know user, it might be a clever ruse.

Are you serious or just pretending to be retarded?

Holy shit is the only update for the full release going to be Survivalist - the no new content perk?

nth for FUCKING FINALLY A GENERAL

Quick suggestion for future threads, if that will even be a thing. Kf 2 tweaker.

Yes. Not even a fucking community map.

What?

Has anyone noticed the new blood splatter effects when playing as zerker? Breddy good if you ask me

rejzor.wordpress.com/killing-floor-2-tweaker/

Are the survivalist achievements bugged?

Yes

>lvl 10
>you either get a slightly buffed heals or become a shit zerker with no more zerk bonuses down the line
Who in the name of FUCK thought this was a good idea? Fuck. Someone nuke their offices, please, I fucking beg you.

A little bit, yeah, but absolutely nothing compared to the peashooter hell they used to be relegated to before some well-deserved buffs.

There was a good argument for Support being the worst perk in the game for a while, particularly when the zed resistance update first came out and you were hard-pressed to kill a single trash zed with a point blank SG shell.

Shotguns feel like they're in a good place now, for me. They're not as powerful as KF1, but they do the job and the penetration and DBS mobility give you a couple niches to work with.

Getting nothing but bugsplat when trying to launch the game in the opt-in beta.
Sasuga TWI.

FINALLY A FUCKING GENERAL

How to fix Survivalist
Base passive:
AVAILABLE FROM LEVEL 0
+10% global damage
+10% damage resistance
+10% move speed
+10% melee swing speed
+10% reload speed
+10% healing potency
+10% faster syringe cooldown
Being able to move, attack, reload and switch weapon in real time during zed time.
Spawn with dual 9mm

Scaling passive:
+2% switch speed per level (max 50%)
+3% Zed Time Reload (max 75%)
+1 bonus HP per level (max 25)
+1 armor per level (max 25)
+1 HP regen per 5 level (max 5)

Boom all the small global bonus (damage, reload, move speed, and good zed time ability from LEVEL 0 but they do not scale. The only thing scales is switch speed, zed time reload, HP and armor. So leveling Survivalist feel less retarded.

Level 1:
Professional: 15% faster reload + 100% incap bonus (knockdown/stun/stumble) + 200% melee bash damage
OR
Destroyer: 10% bonus damage on all weapon. 110% bonus damage on knife and 9mm.

Level 10
Enrage: gain more move speed, damage, melee swing speed and resistance when taking damage
Explosion Maniac: 20% explosive resistance, 5% more explosive damage, carry 1 more grenade and 30% to cause explosion after killing a zed

Level 15:
Heavy Weight Training: Carry 3 more weight and 2 more grenades. 10% global damage resistance and cannot be knocked by Zed.
Chemical Warfare: 20% chance to release a cloud at a zed corpse that heal teammates and damage zed after killing a zed

Level 20:
Enforcer: Consecutive shots will slow zeds by 20% and have 20% chance to apply EMP to them
Time Manipulator: 5% chance to trigger zed time while shooting. During zed time you have 30% bonus damage.

Level 25:
3x attack speed
or
15% total HP healed.

>Being able to move, attack, reload and switch weapon in real time during zed time.
didn't even read the rest, fuck off

>stop playing this in late 2014
>2 years later the game still isn't fucking out yet

what went wrong?

The game wasn't even out in late 2014 you fucking liar.

You're fooling no one, buddy. Perhaps you should fuck off as well.

Fuck off /v/

any weapon combination for Survivalist. I find pretty trash

med AR + med pistol + railgun is kind of fun if your team is alright.

Pretty much everything else is awful, survivalist does about 75% as much damage as real perks and can't speedkill nearly as quickly. Battle medic survivalist is the only real use I've found for it.

RIP gunslinger

So is survivalist shit? How bad is he?

Was hoping for a perk where you could actually customize your skills instead of pre set ones. For example taking a level 5 from commando, level 10 from medic, level 15 from berserker, etc. That would've been interesting but probably pretty broken.

>So is survivalist shit?
Yes.
>How bad is he?
Boring premise, terrible execution. It's worse than Berserker on release.