/vn/ - Build that wall edition

Visual Novel General #1243

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous threads:
This general is for the discussion of English translated Japanese visual novels.

Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

vnrw.wordpress.com/2015/02/12/hoshizora-no-memoria/
twitter.com/Gtharby2
twitter.com/Gtharby2/status/352912103339855872
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why are you posting a VN only you can read?

Reminder that this general is for the discussion of ENGLISH translated Japanese visual novels, as stated here.

JOPs are welcome to join their brethren here on the other side of the wall.

thank you for fixing the op, retard

Not gonna lie, I think this whole "build a wall! keep jops out!" stuff is halfway ironic because of the whole Trump platform, but another half of it seems legitimate, and that's a bit scary isn't it, that the Trump exclusionary prejudice is extending even to /vn/.

It's going to die out in a few weeks, nothing to worry about my friend.

I like lolis.

What english translated visual novels are you all reading, friends?

Reading Fata Morgana, it's definitely not as bad as people have claimed it to be so far. Then again I don't actually know what people with it.

the only people speaking poorly of it are >all ages shitposters, and then people who hopped on that bandwagon. It's actually pretty good.

>herkz's twitter

Does he think he's a woman?

>i guess if we just wait long enough white people will no longer by the majority and things will have the chance to improve

holy shit

Thanks for fixing the op but you forget to add "E celeb shitposting is not allowed" because we don't want to deal with these annoying Moggy/Conjueror-fags.

actual thread

No, this is the real thread, reported for JAP-faq.

No, this is the real thread, reported for JAP-faq.

What's wrong with you, can't you write something original without copying my meme?

whew

What's wrong with you, can't you write something original without copying my meme?

Oh, Haro! Hahaha!

Jesus christ

So Conjueror: Trumpkin
and Haro: Hillshill

If a translator war happens, you would stand with who?

Which translated vn will have "Grab them by the pussy" somewhere?

It's quite great. I used to shitpost on it because of
>all ages
but once I read it, I loved it. It's also one of the few VNs I've read where the entire final section is absolutely enjoyable from beginning to end. The translation was pretty top, too. Read very well.

What he doesn't know is that what very likely brought Trump over-the-line in the swing states were minorities. Trump had huge increases with black, latino, and asian voters over Romney, while the white voter margins were mostly the same.

But Herkz is a fucking retard so it's no surprise he goes for the "muh whities" the second he gets the opportunity.

Aside from the fact that memes should stay out of translations (unless you're herkz) I'm pretty sure Haro has translated far worse than that in Ultimate Boob Wars. Not sure why she's so triggered

hopefully all of them so feminist retards like haro get triggered and fuck off lmao

roguetranslations.

Oh my, we have another autist in this thread.
You can keep at it because this is beyond retarded and at the same time pretty ammusing.

Sometimes Conjueror may be an ashole but Haro also can be to susceptible, kek.

Not mine. I believe, if people see memes they immediately assume the translator is lying to them or some such and then a certain amount of trust is lost between translator and reader which can damage the experience. No one will have a good time reading a VN if they're thinking "how much is the translator fudging here?" the whole time. There's a line in a VN I'm translating now that SOME people MAY interpret as a meme and I'm sweating over whether I should change it even though it's not actually a meme.

(You)
(You)
Oh my, we have another autist in this thread.
You can keep at it because this is beyond retarded and at the same time pretty ammusing.

Sometimes Conjueror may be an ashole but Haro also can be to susceptible, kek.

Watase or Natsuhiko?

Real thread

it's always been the case

just because people are making jokes about it doesn't make it invalid

>159963551
Read the rules and go away

I wouldn't really call Conjueror an asshole. I don't like the great majority of his opinions, and I make fun of them quite often, but he seems like a pretty relaxed and nice guy for the most part. He doesn't give me the insecure try-hard vibe that someone like Moogy does.

Haro confirmed for not able to handle the bantz

What was the last moege you finished, /vn/?

it's fine to fit in a meme so long as the the message or action of what is being conveyed is properly maintained. For example you could pretty easily fit "Grab her by the pussy" in an H-scene since it's something that happens in quite a few instances, especially in nukige.

I have never read one

Reminder that Good Haro also thinks loli is gross. That fujoshitter disgusts me.

Are you serious? Proof?

Loli is gross, you disgusting pedophile

;_;

Haro posts on /jp/

She is also responsible for doing most of shilling for Haruka and Tokyo Babel.

Yeah it's very good
It's a bit slow in the beginning, but once I hit Door 3 I was extremely engaged.
Some people like Doors 1 & 2 though, but for me they felt like an appetizer for the main story.

Wasn't it also Fata Morgana?

No, you're thinking of Maria.

And Tokyo Babel didn't get shilled at all for the most part, I think. At least, I barely saw anything regarding it.

>JOPs are HillShills who shitpost on twitter

topkek

>Tokyo Babel
>shilling
Lol what?
That shit was dead in the water day 1. The only discussion about it was how shit it was or regarding the translation

There's no point in shilling in /vn/ because we have like 25 reoccuring regulars and no one buys things here

Her biggest shill was FM though. Never seen that much spam from one company
hi Haro

Will we be grabbing lolis by the pussy in Himawari?

>ridiculous levels of shilling
>do unprofessional shit like inserting memes in translations see Le Gasp
I'm pirating everything from MG from now on!

As the man responsible for probably 80% of the Fata Morgana shilling here, I can promise you I am not a dirty fujoshitter

You forgot
>bringing us literal cuckge
>chose to bring it over lolige
I'm fucking done with this company.

Based Conjueror for pointing out their hypocrisy.

Does anyone know what BDH said?

No, it's all-ages kusoge.
Even original H-version has only 3 fucking H-scenes with 1 H-CG for each scene.

>MG infighting
Oh no, what are they doing

Jeez, keep it to the fucking Discord or something.

ROFL LITERALLY OUR GUY

BLOWING OUT SJW FEMINISTS SINCE TIME IMMEMORIAL

The "MG shills" meme is kind of getting annoying, the only evidence for it was BDH reacting to a Veeky Forums meme, acting like MG is confirmed shills who constantly stealth markets is just plain conspiracy.

Will MG collapse before the end of the year?

Conjueror is a cold blooded gangster mane

Hopefully. BDH and Haro are the two worst things to happen to this scene.

If I was Haro why would I insult trash that I am supposedly supposed to be shilling?
There was basically no discussion about Tokyo Babel period and there's no reason to shill here or even shill something like Tokyo Babel

A good shill would go on /v/ which has much higher traffic and then shill garbage like Princess Evangile or other moe shit which receives far more sales than something more compartively niche like a chuunige

The only thing wrong with Conjueror is that he doesn't like moe. Other than that he's fine.

It's not difficult to guess.

He has generally terrible opinions
Giving CC a score on par with garbage like Hoshimemo is laughable

Then you're a newfag. Haro was spamming "Tokyo Babel is kamige" every single thread and similar shit.

But conjueror reviews and praises moe games all the time.
vnrw.wordpress.com/2015/02/12/hoshizora-no-memoria/
That claim is so inane I don't know why you'd try to pass it off as fact. You don't have a single fact to back that up.

Please never reply to me again MGshill.

Stalker: 1
I stopped looking at that pic right there
Sorry but it's not possible to defend this shit, this guy has shit taste and this is final

Oh, that guy? That was fucking ironic you dipshit, he even said so at one point. Hell, he kept posting some of the hilarious garbage pieces of dialogue in the game over and over again. Even if it wasn't ironic, you are reaching so hard for that as evidence. Is anyone who says something is kamige a shill now? Because by that logic we're a general full of shills which also apparently buys literally nothing (according to that survey the user did), since everyone passes around the kamige/kusoge buzzwords like it's candy these days

Get a brain

hi Haro and BDH, aren't you busy getting triggered at Conjueror atm?

Corona Blossom is kamige. Please buy Corona Blossom.

A member of the clique came.

>since everyone passes around the kamige/kusoge buzzwords like it's candy these days
Hello i am a NIHON NO BUNKA expert and kamige and kusoge are used like ame (candy) in nihon as well they are not serious terms

But the meme would be in fiction, it's a translation referencing a real life meme just like the rape games conj mention reference rape in real life too.

Lmao Haro just sent a samefag message to Conjueror on her second account

twitter.com/Gtharby2

Why is the VN scene filled with SJW fujoshits?

If you're going to deflect this hard over your reaching you might as well go for something other than the lowest hanging fruit possible, m8

It doesnt even make sense in this case since I dont like the stuff which you're claiming I'm shilling

At least Drump got elected to balance it out. Good karma honestly

how can it be a kamige if it isn't even finished yet?

that is like calling mass effect series a kamige before 3 comes out

What the hell? I doubt that quote would bring in controversy if friggin MAGGOT BAITS and EUPHORIA haven't

What did BDH say?

>@Conjueror Ignoring the politics, I am sure your publisher would appreciate the controversy that including such a quote could bring in.

How do we know it's her alt?

sure bro *grabs your pussy* better be careful or I'm gonna rape you (just kidding no one would rape an uggo fujoshi like you lol [btw being gay is an illness])

Mass Effect, as series, was definitely better before 3.

I like Trump too btw

You're just trying too hard at this point. Sad!

Well, this tweet seems pretty incriminating.
twitter.com/Gtharby2/status/352912103339855872

we all know about your multiple personalty disorder and mental illnesses haroboy

Ah. As expected of a fujoshit.

Haro doesn't set up their streams/transcripts I'm pretty sure. Usually handled by a third party I think.

>yfw Conjueror ditches MG and starts fan translating putting memes in everything

You can still see dovac tweets, huh.

I legitimately cannot understand why anybody in this general would side with a person who has opinions like that