/vag/ - Vanilla WoW General

This is the vanilla wow containment server general.

>What's the plan?

Literally everyone is leaving for nost2.0 which will be hosted by Valkyrie (check nostalbegins twitter). Nihilum is not yet dead, show up to raids.

>what faction are we rolling?

Most of us are going horde in
Some people are planning alliance in

Leveling Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit

Nos Pre-Bis
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=329725463

Leveling Specs
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0

Big Addon Pack
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vanilla-112-addons-download/

tags: nosg krog wpsg elyg world of warcraft

Other urls found in this thread:

valkyrie-wow.org/dev-blog-1
youtube.com/watch?v=vPt1bckqJmU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>releasing the old server first

are these guys fucking retarded or something?

haha yah bruh itz not lyke datz wut evryun wuz waitan 4 a year haha serverhop until u drop amirite zyzzus 4 lyfus mufuggenah

>releasing nost xfer servers before the fresh start server

Guess I'm going to crestfall or northcraft.

If there is a too big of a delay between old PvP nost and fresh start, power leveling, boosting, welcome gift bags and cash will be available on old PvP Nost.

Thread was made before yours

Kronos is history at this point. Everyone is here for Nostysium.

I do not play on Kronos. I want to talk about Nostalrius. Why would you want us posting about a different server in your thread? That would be considered off-topic posting user. In fact what you're doing right now is considered off topic posting. This thread is not for Kronos discussion.

Nostalrius won't be launched until March 2017 there is no point in this thread unless u wanna talk about crestfall

>kronos general

More like dead server general

Let's see your citation for that little snippet of misinformation

valkyrie-wow.org/dev-blog-1

Will take them until march to finish AQ content according to a credible insider source: Maitozz of the NOPE guild which was a GM guild on nostalrius.

Proof?

This page says nothing about march.

So, once again, where's your citation?

are you fucking retarded?

>Here are some goals for our team prior to launch:

>Complete the content for the Ahn’Qiraj patch for the Nostalrius PvP relaunch

AQ was a mess on Nost and non existent on Elysium

they're not gonna script it within 2 months

>goals are concrete
lmao nigga they have a timeline to meet. If AQ is isn't ready when they want to launch they'll launch without it

this is some nice delusion

Still not enough proof.

Also with enough pressure you can force these kikes to release the fresh server.

With the threat of leaving for crestfall they will release it.

>alliance in
The leader is an unironic normalfag. How do we stop him?

kronos is up and running with 50+ players playing on the alliance faction between levels 1-10 right now.
If you want a fresh start then kronos is your best shot unless you are willing to wait for crestfall which is testing in december. or nost which is estimated to 4 months away for the sole reason that the dvs want to try and force people to play their old servers unless their server load is too much.

>play on kronos even though it will be dead soon

lol no

why would you, he's based

wtf i love kronos now

I've played with him quite a bit and I can assure you he is far from a normie. Not that that's unequivocally a good thing.

I want to play Mage on Horde and do PVE stuff like raiding.

Should I play Undead or Troll?

>Kronosfags spent all that time shilling their dead server in the old nost generals
>Kronosfags are back to shilling their dead server in the nost 2.0 generals
literally poetry

Whichever you like more.

Who gives a shit about any of this? Who the fuck cares about life anymore? Koragon LITERALLY recorded and uploaded a video of him eating his own cum.

if you really want to min max go troll. you'll get a racial haste trinket.

wotf has it's uses in pve too, but it's situational.

>kronocucks still exist
Lol

You're fucking mentally challenged. Literally no dates have been given or even implied. Drink bleach.

let him shitpost until the thing tomorrow, and then we can ALL shitpost about it.

Druids are your friends

>falling for the Chinese server meme

Are you implying chinks don't shit up kronos as well? If so lmao

Druids are for bullying.

absolutely not

Thicc Femorc shammy or qt femtroll shammy?

Say you impregnate a girl druid in her human form but then she shifts into cat form. Does the baby inside her turn into a cat?

orc

Good luck connecting to Kronos without a VPN if you live in China mate

L M A O

She gets locked into whatever form she is impregnated in. She has to really love someone/thing to let them impregnate her because she loses her abilities forever for them.

heading to fresh server when it launches. but can't decide between druid and rogue. which do you guys think is better to level on a server launch, hopefully keeping up with the bulk of the levelling population?

and out of the gathering professions, which 2 are the best to pick up to make money?

>druid or rogue
FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL

Rogue is literally the most powerful class. While Druid is the weakest. The answer is ez pz

>rogue or druid?
Rogue, unless you like being an innervate bot. Druids are the joke class of vanilla.
>gathering profession?
Herbalism and skinning. You cannot track both herbs and mining nodes, so taking both is inefficient. Plus, you only have to carry around one tool to do gathering.

king's honor, friends

>decide between druid and rogue
>which do you guys think is better to level
>keeping up with the bulk of the levelling population

You're seriously going to spend 5-6 days leveling and then 20+ days on a character just because "it's easier to level??"

And no you're not going to get in a better guild because you're the first to 60, there will be a guild that's basically a pug for server firsts full of unemployed or underage that will disband in two months.
It will take much longer for real guilds you would actually want to play with to form.

Wouldn't releasing the fresh server after crestfall be a good idea? That way nost would be the freshest server.

I WILL DESTROY EVER SINGLE ONE OF YOU HORDE SCUM WITH THE RIGHTEOUSNESS THAT I BESTOW ON MY MIGHT HAMMER!

FOR THE ALLIANCE.

I have yet to see a linked source for any of the recent allegations.

Nowhere in that post did I mention guilds or raiding. I'm concerned with how the low level population is going to affect the levelling experience, and which class takes more advantage of it
And yes. People in fact do choose characters based on ease of levelling.

I wanna go lock this time around to mix things up. Are there any dot timers that display dots on multiple targets?

This is the dumbest shit I have read all day.

Dottimer.

>lock
>with 10 debuff limit

>10
spotted the retard.

gay

>not being able to count down multiple numbers in your own head

low iq pleb

I used chronometer, other ppl like dottimer but I didn't like how much of my UI it took up considering I am 1600x1200 masterrace

Druids are actually the wife class of vanilla.

Nobody likes you Grud, you autistic fucking faggot.

that's karu :3

>he didnt have a 60 on nost 1.0

I don't know who that is
But it's my job to tell everybody that druids are your friends

Can I tank as a prot pally? Being a buffbitch looks boring.

>Can I tank as a prot pally?

As someone else said... people are too focused on min maxing so a prot pally will not be allowed to tank unless you're GM or something. Prot pallies were probably allowed to tank back in 2004 so you missed your chance.

Prot paladin is fucking awful for raiding. But OK for dungeons.

"OK"? They're the best tanks for 5mans.

>Prot pallies were probably allowed to tank back in 2004 so you missed your chance.
They weren't, they are that bad

What makes them bad? Aren't they like warriors but with mana?

no threat generation. they can't hold aggro very well

Their fundamentals are just shit, stuff like damage mitigation, aggro control, whatever
The one thing they have over prot warriors is aoe aggro via consecration, but that's only useful if very specific situations

Redoubt is only activated when you get hit with a crit. So once you get def capped you lose an entire ability that helps you block.

No they aren't. Not even close.

Warriors get shield block, paladins don't.
Have fun fighting any boss that causes crushing blows!

Theyre only the best for 5 mans in tbc

i want to play now!!!

I heard of prot pallies tanking MC back in 2004 but only for a few bosses

because nobody knew what the fuck to do

so is there a server like retro wow where you can insta 60 pvp but ISNT flooded by a bunch of warrior donors in full t3

>insta 60

get a load of this queer

Paladins in general can be used to pull bosses that have a bunch of mobs right next to each other, like Sulferon Harbinger / Majordomo Executus cause they can consecrate / bubble, letting each actual tank pick up their respective mob to tank
i just want something to do while waiting for nost, i know the servers are shit

exactly

you think im trying to prove a case for paladin tanks here? I'm not. I'm stating facts about the past.

and watch the FUCKING tail

and no ressing for the poor druids, cant have a fun time healing while leveling up.

>i just want something to do while waiting for nost, i know the servers are shit

Eve online is going free to play next week after 12 years of being subscription based. Try it out

>le spreadsheets online!!
only if you are an industrialist. combat requires 0 spreadsheets

You can tank 5mans while leveling, but like someone else said, a warrior is still much better. It's totally doable tho.
You have no taunt.
Prot paladins are good in raids for situational fights but it's pretty rare that anyone mains prot for raids, and even in those situations I don't think it's necessary.
The general rule is you'll be healing at end game but can tank and dps in 5mans while leveling, that applies to druids as well.
However if you don't just want to buffbot/healbot in raids, there is a lot more to do outside of raids. I know lots of paladins raid simply out of necessity to get the gear that they can smite unbelieving dindu scum with. I feel like that is the paladin's true calling anyhow. That and helping their warriorbro rage unhindered to defeat skeletons and africans.

they literally don't have a taunt

?

Hyjal, Black temple trash?

Not the guy you're replying to, but EVE always looked really fun but pretty time intensive, at least for some things, but also time gated in that a new person wouldn't be useful for pvp until later.
Has that changed?

No, I'm saying the only time they're considered the best for 5 mans is during TBC, I know they're used in raids then
I tried eve a long time ago but it never really clicked with me

what are shaman tanks best for?

stop dps stop dps stop dps stop dps
ok dps go

suicide

youtube.com/watch?v=vPt1bckqJmU

oh man i never knew there was a rag clip of these guys

>his height doesn't start with at least 7'