/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18.
youtube.com/watch?v=5VV5-opm1TE
youtube.com/watch?v=rkuIZ79h-MM

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TstnSMtwRG8
amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-022406
vjump.shueisha.co.jp/news/n04_20161109_01.html
vjump.shueisha.co.jp/news/n04_20161109_01_2.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Monsters!

When I'm hunting with /mhg/ and I see someone about to cart unless I lifepowder them, I think of all the inconveniences they've done to me that hunt, and decide whether or not to save them on that.

I'll take it I guess

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

Thinking of making a set of Fire DBs in Gen since that's what I used to fuck up a few things in 4u. Are the Glavenus DBs decent?

One of Generations' criticisms is that Glavenus weapons are the best at everything.

No

Make Agnak's

You mean Hellblade, regular Glav stuff are shit

That's Hellblade specifically. Normal Glav weapons are eh tier at best.

For what purpose

You know what I meme.

Haven't got to Agnak and I just made Glav's. I guess they'll do until I get to agnak.

Actually, what are some decent MH figures of armor sets that are around? I know pic related is available for pre-order as well, but Glavenus isn't exactly my first choice and I'm not sure if the product line its own is any good.

What does /mhg/ have in the way of MH-related buyfaggotry apart from plushies?

What is this OC

can anyone help me on 4U teostra?
need its horns

58-4074-0658-3002

>public lobby
>someone is running aerial Gunlance
>never see him leave the ground

youtube.com/watch?v=TstnSMtwRG8

>amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-022406
>A collaboration item of Takayuki Takeya and Monster Hunter is on the roll from sub-brand of Tamashii Nations, "Tamashii MIX"!
>Zinogre design is rearranged by Takeya with the concept of "jashin" (lit. evil god).

So yeah, you know those weird cross-promotion things like that overdesigned Batman redesign? Kinda like that but for Zinogre.

cryyyehhhnge

Bowfriends,

For Ala bow, which do you like better?
>Pierce Up, TruShot Up, Shot Booster (Dead Eye), Dragon Atk+2
or
>Pierce Up, TruShot Up, Ammo Saver, Dragon Atk+2

but would you fuck it?

Well, I'll have to see how the charisma check goes first.

If it had a vagina

Shot Booster is useless since the very advantage of Pierce 5 over Pierce 4 is the innate mini shot booster.

Ammo Saver is also useless because the bow has Power 1, Power 2, and Element 2 already which is all you'd need.

You also won't be power shotting pierce that much since you need to aim very carefully for elemental zones for pierce bow to be effective and power shot can often go off mark with pierce, wasting your coating.

Get something like
>Pierce Up, Dragon Atk+2, Element Crit, Repeat Offender/Crit Eye+2
instead to maximize your elements.

4U new file room
46-4459-2266-0255
OO-

I had no idea Pierce 5 had that advantage.
Good to know, thanks.

GRAB MONSTERS BY THE PUSSY.

I'd join you but I REALLY don't want to sit through the tutorials and cutscenes again.

A r t b o o k s

MH Illustrations is consistently amazing, but consistently expensive.

>Endless Khezu screams

Take more time making the character than the tutorial. Actually are like three minutes.

ur a whore u need to stop judging people like a bitter bitch and just play

im not baiting you so lets just calm down

>ur
>u
>stop judging
>just play
This is /mhg/, git gud or get out.
What are you, a genbabby?

>try so hard not to judge people in lobbies
>"Hi/Salut"
>what's the worst that could happen
>carts twice to Lagi
>carts to Astalos
>tries and fails to mount Tama
>twice in a row

In this one, solitary case in the universe, the memes are 100% accurate.

>tfw your favorite Monster has a low tier armor

MHgen baby here, how do I grind Armor Sphere+?

Nibersnarf and Azuroros have cute armor but...

Stop giving them replies.

Does Striker DB get an additional damage or something like how Striker CB gets additional axe damage?

I just don't see any advantages using it over the one more art, and the only DB art worth using seems to be Wolf's Maw. This on top of the need for Dash Juices seems to make Striker DB useless. And yet I see speedrunners use it.

If it actually gets a damage boost somewhere then I'd be willing to try it out with Mushromancer for free dash juices.

i use novelty armor exclusively get gud

i hate talking to nerds, they always take things way too seriously and speak only bitter sarcasm at the same time

Is there any non-Power switch axes worth using in MHX?

Been cruising through with Striker style because ez pz and realizing that my kill times blow without Power Vials because I'm a good goyim and just do my sword vertical slashes.

Also, what is a similar enough weapon I can pick up when I get bored from Striker SA?

Then stop playing monster hunter. This game is only for japs, nerds and weebs

sorry, the normies are coming

Nah, that's only gonna happen if monster hunter gets ported to the ps4

why am i always arguing with you last time you posted cooks

B r e a k i n g
N e w s

You can destroy your own traps in MHXX with the kick button.

Because I love you and we will never whole without each other. As a wise man once said,

Together forever and never to part

Also, never gonna give you up

Pics or gtfo.

go away
get a life loser.

3DS is not normie?

>3DS is not normie?*

Hope ya like moon

vjump.shueisha.co.jp/news/n04_20161109_01.html
vjump.shueisha.co.jp/news/n04_20161109_01_2.html

fucker I play mhfu on a custom vita that's red, black and has the back touchscreen covered with my semen. get on my meme level after you call the police

>we got a pretty good set called GX hunter in the last game
>now X is getting a G release

COINCIDENCE?

I came into MH4U the day MHGen came out, I like it a lot but how do the two stack up in terms of the online player count? The demo seemed alright but the lower FPS is kinda lame

Is it worth getting or should I just keep playing 4U?

i want my fatalis :((

You came into 4U? Like into the cartridge? That's a weird fetish, but it sounds like you and would get along

Lettuce cumin jew the N e X t W o R l D o R d E r

Shit, that's pretty cool.
May work out very well with the Alchemy style if they let us do something cool like X's cats' combo traps.

>combining your own poison pitfall trap
>or a sleep pitfall trap, allowing synchronized ROMAN straight into a pitfall KO
I kind of love it, oh no

Do I also have the option to blacklist the traps?

>kick Shock Trap
>aggressively asks if you want to add Shock Traps to your blocked item list, never to be used again
>default cursor position is yes

>throwing knives might finally be worth a damn
>stylish bombing 3.33
>bullet customization
>trapomancy

Alchemy has so much damn potential. Really excited for the reveal. I have a funny feeling it'll be my new favorite SnS style.

Brave style details recorded so far

Brave Stance is used by hitting Y, if you hold Y you continue along to sheathe your weapon normally, sheathing overall takes longer in Brave Style, about as long as SA for every weapon
Brave Stance drains stamina at the rate that it will empty a 150 stamina bar in about 5 seconds
Brave Guard does not nullify damage, it just reduces it. It also only "blocks" attacks from the front, and cannot be cancelled into from an attack. You can only use it when you could normally sheathe your weapon.

LS: No fade slashes outside of Brave mode, cannot level up spirit
From brave stance, X does the advancing horizontal slash you do after an Adept evade, while R does the spirit slash after a fade slash.
In brave mode, get blue spirit and new spirit slashes with guard points on them.

DB:

Cannot use demon mode.
Can combo into demon's dance from an unsheathe lunge attack (or demon rush spin2win in brave mode)
While unsheathed, press R to perform the Devil Dash (or True Devil Dash in brave mode), which is a unique sprint that's very fast but quickly drains stamina. About twice as fast as sprinting while sheathed.
Filling the brave gauge enters Brave Demon Mode, which adds guard points to your dash evades that perform a spinning counter and sharpening when struck. X+A does a True Devil's Dance, which is a powered up version of the regular one. It temporarily makes you enter Demon Mode on top of Brave Demon Mode, which means the attack costs some amount of stamina to perform.

>Guard points on other weapons
HNNNGGGGGGG

I feel CB bros' pain though. You'll probably get another nerf, just for the hell of it.

SA: Cannot use transformation outside of brave stance attacks. Brave stance lets you do an axe or sword attack which puts you into that mode
Brave Mode turns your evasion into a quickstep.
Can perform the sword mode double slash by hitting A after a quickstep.
In Brave Mode, the brave stance transformation attacks instead become the axe mode finisher or the sword double slash
Phial Burst becomes much faster, and you do two consecutive blasts at the end. It drains about 50% of your phial gauge, and you remain in sword mode after doing it.

Huh. Neato.

HBG: Cannot crouch fire outside of brave mode. Press X during Brave Stance to perform Brave Reload, which increase brave gauge gain from landed shots for a fixed period of time
During brave stance, just after entering it a spark is emitted from your weapon. If you press X right at that moment, the Brave Reload is fast. Otherwise it's slow as balls and roots you in place for a while. In Brave Mode, Brave Reload also increases damage done.
In Brave Mode, you regain Crouching Fire, which can rapid fire ammo with low enough recoil. In the demo, normal shots could be fired very fast, but paralysis shots had too much kickback. Hold B during crouch fire to run, press B while running to slide, hit X+A while sliding to enter crouching fire again.

You can eventually starting buying Armor Sphere+ from Neko

Also, I'm pretty sure SA's moveset changes are a bit more extensive than that, but they weren't elaborated on that much.

Oh wait, in Brave Mode your regular transformation attacks are changed. Sword->Axe becomes two sideways chops into an overhead chop, and Axe->Sword is the double slash.

>Brave Mode turns your evasion into a quickstep
SA bloodborne now

Gotta be ready for that PS4 MH

bump

H-how?

How's Insect Glaive?
Anything worth dropping Adept over?

Those were the only weapons the Famitsu reporter guy got to try before the time was up. Wait for the next event.

見た目は子供、頭脳は大人。その名は、名探偵コナン!

Is Adept Glaive really worth it? The lack of the bug recall seems kinda bad for gathering extracts, even if your after-dodge attacks gather them.

Uh, sorry, VJump, not Famitsu.

>GS has the most busted brave style
>Diablos is designed to be the strongest Deviant with the best equipment
>Diablos gear has always been GS only

Who's ready for GS Hunter XX?

I mostly use it for AOE heavy shitmons like Hellmeme, which I've admittedly spent a while farming

I'm switching back to Guild now that that grind is over, but honestly, you might as well have only 1 art
Swarm does fuck-all and Swarm + Bug Blow is absolutely not worth it over infnite white sharpness from Absolute Readiness
Extract Hunter simply has too long of an animation in my opinion; I can only use it during downwtime or when the monster is focused on someone else, but in those times I'd rather deal damage

I'm still such a babby that I haven't unlocked Readiness. I might experiment with adept style sometime, the dodge is really nice.

I am, but I used exclusively Guild or Striker and it likely won't be any different here

Once you unlock Readiness, you won't stop using it on every weapon ever
It really needs a nerf

>exclusively using guild and striker GS
Is vanilla your favorite ice cream flavor?

They won't nerf it because they feel it rewards skilled hunters.

I only use Aerial GS in MHX. How am I affected by this? I doubt Brave can be more broken than Aerial.

hue

>an on-demand evade+3 with a built in weapon sharpening component that sheathes your weapon and has a fast charge rate "rewards" skilled play
what

>tfw no Focus +5 OOO
I just want my Grimclaw Focus set, or at least SOMETHING with Focus/CritDraw/HGEarplugs
I might have to use the fucking Garuga Mask at this rate

>Aerial GS

>not Aerial GS
If you want to purposely gimp yourself then why not just play FU?

>Aerial GS

>tfw no Focus +5 OOO
I share your pain. Although I did end up with a focus +5 O-- and using Grimclaw with Chameleos'/Velocidrome's GS isn't that bad.

why is hyper blangonga such a fucking ape

stay the fuck still you fucking african nigger

i just want to give my cat tyrone a gun