/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

unbumped edition

Elder Thread: >Official news
One Tamriel/Update12 is finally here! (October 18 for consoles)
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/08/23/gamescom-2016-recap-update-12-and-one-tamriel
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/09/15/update-12-guide-return-to-craglorn

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/297935/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-6
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>Beginner's Guide by Alcast
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @Geobasket or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/302819/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>When the game is so popular and fun the general 404s with less then 250 posts because everyone is so busy playing the game :^)

>community only consists of furries and autistic min maxers

>Not being a furry minmaxing autist

bump

>preform a BoW kill animation
>get pushed into the box my target was leaning against
Well.

I guess I deserved this.

So every mmo community?

What's the meta build for a Nord Templar Tank right now?

Basically to not be a Nord Templar tank. DKs are the best tank class. You could try but I honestly wouldn't have the first clue as to what you'd run, maybe use some tri-stat enchantments and toss some of those templar abilities that give you damage shields on your bar.

>If you're not a DK, you shouldn't be a tank

Yeah, no. Templar tanks are fucking amazing and have the ability to completely outshine DK tanks.

Here's what you do:

>Five part Armor master
>Five part Undaunted Bastion
>Monster set is Lord Warden

Charge in, put up the following buffs:

>Unstoppable
>Absorb Magic
>Restoring Focus

Keep these three up at all times.

Taunt using Pierce Armor, so you kinda boost your DPS's output.

As for your ult, I'd honestly say whatever you want is fine. I've even run remembrance before when my healer sucks. (I PUG a lot) But, honestly, Shield Wall would be best.

The only way a Templar can outshine a DK as a tank is if the Templar builds for Magika tanking... which a Nord can't do.

>Yeah, no. Templar tanks are fucking amazing and have the ability to completely outshine DK tanks.
Doesn't matter, if not the best class for tanking in veteran Maw of Lorkhaj, it ain't meta.

>Implaying race effects tanking in any way.

Actually, it does if you're a Nord. More max health and reduced damage taken by default is god-tier.

Now, how to build a Templar Nord Magika Tank:

>Five part Armor Master
>Five Part Ebon Armory
>Monster set is Nightflame

Charge is with the following buffs:

>Ritual of Retribution
>Restoring Focus
>Radiant Ward

Use Honor the Dead for self healing, taunt with Inner Rage.

Best Ult would be Remembrance.

There. A Tank with no need for a healer.

>One piece of content designates the whole game's meta.

No.

what's a meta

What I hop onto to cheese score

While we're talking tanks, what's a good "starter" set of gear for a stamDK tank? Alcast's build looks pretty neat but like half of it is dungeon drops, so what would be stuff I could farm from public dungeons/other world shit or craft myself so I can properly tank?

Wat up my dudes, orc area pretty kewl

>No.
Well then he should have been more precise and said "what's the best templar tanking for veteran dungeons" or something. Asking what's the "meta" is pretty hard.

This message is mainly to bumb

But please remember that Vivec is your God.

bump

>maintenance
fucking kill me

>waited all week for today so I can start grinding vMA
>unexpected maintenance for at least 6 hours
>have a ton of shit to do tomorrow that will cut down my playing time to nill
>back to work on Monday

Good,good. Now they'll be forced to come here and post till thread limit. Aayy

>can't be fucked weaving light attacks/ using gay skills that give good buffs and putting all that effort into DPS
What's the best setup for a lazy fuck? and why the fuck did they get rid of toggle skills?

you can be a shit tier tank

press one button to taunt and then hold right click

You seem pretty knowledgeable. How would a stamina based templar tank compare to a magicka version? I'm preparing an orc for tanking (people said stamina DD is best left to redguards).

I'm doing a magplar tank as well. I've been putting most of my points into magicka, but keep running out of stam. What should attribute distribution look like at level 50? Enchantment distribution?

why did they make leveling take so long?

is maintenance done?

if you believe hard enough then yeah

Being a shitty dps.

>Can't play
>Can barely post due to chinkmoot

maintenance? are you fucking kidding me???

Ok since the servers are fucking down again let's discuss game ideas
What if they introduced sets based around empowering/adding aditional effects to status effects to make the charged trait more attractive?

launcher gave me an update
think the maintenance is nearly finished

Why is there maintenance? I saw the message about it staring at 3AM EST or something, but I'm surprised it's still going.
I talked to a CS rep yesterday and he told me
>It's been a long week
I'm curious what happened

I'd rather have them balancing the shit they have now instead of releasing even more sets. It's retarded that you can't do anything trough the champion system to counter shitty traits.
Getting a nirnhorned, precise or sharpened should all be great options, nirnhorned and precise shouldn't be "I can't be bothered to farm any more"-tier.
Change charged so that it powers the effects of set by a slight percentage so it's not completely useless.

Stamina is slightly weaker than Magika Templar while tanking, but they are both very strong.

Honestly, a mix of the two would be awesome.

Use Champion points to increase your magicka regeneration and lower the cost of blocking/skill cost.

>keep mistaking crocodiles for logs and chests
>keep mistaking spider whatever thoe thingsare for iron ores
>keep mistaking rocks for maple logs

FUUUUKGHHGHGGG

being high asf rn doesnt help either

i repeat

I want to be able to dye my character hair animu tumblr colours.

Maintenance is done:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/302819/
>We've introduced Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia to Tamriel! Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia is an incredibly rare, incredibly potent version of Psijic Ambrosia. Drinking it grants you a +150% bonus to the Exp
>Added Apothecary’s Parcels (Imperial City DLC Game Pack), enabling you to purchase herbs and other reagents in exchange for Tel Var Stones.

My idea of just adding more sets is because balancing the traits is a whole lot more complicated and zeni prefer band-aid fixing anyway so they'd more easily implement it

This is good. The former address the butthurt that crownstore scrolls caused, and the later is a great way to get those potions.

Anyone on the EU PC side of things who can throw an invite? @pckmark

Haven't played an mmo with a Veeky Forums guild before

Pretty strange that it isn't in the crownshop

>muh immersion
fuck off

Are the guilds character or account-wide? I'm using 2 character alternating between them

People always give the excuse ""unnatural" hair colours wouldn't be realistic especially for the time setting (medieval)" but

>es
>dragons
>magic
>vampires, werewolves, furries, lizards
>portals
>teleporting
>bring
>"realism"

???????

if anything they should just unlock the color palettes in character creation, except for the skin color
fuck off with your bright green/blue/purple hair shit it looks fucking awful

I've 500 Crowns from the gold edition, is there a way to spend them wisely or there is only useless/cosmetic shit on the crown store? aside from dlcs

So what are magicka sorcs good for?

I can heal, but a templar is better.
I can DPS, but a bow nb is better.

I sort of found a "nice" in AoE DPS, switching to boss DPS when needed; but considering I have never seen anyone else do that...

Suggestions?

Account

please explain what a bow nb is and how that is better than a mag sorc

So one of the ingredients of the new recipe is from resource nodes...does this mean orsinium nodes right now have a double chance of dropping it?

>pledge is a DLC dungeon
>I dont have the DLC

cool

Is this game worth getting? It's always on huge sales and it's 80 fucking gigs to download.
Is it just a sub par mmo wearing an Elder scrolls skin or is it actually really fun?
Is it active or kind of dead?

It's more elderscrolls than mmo by design. The main issue is that it's not made by Bethesda which makes a lot of lore fags as unreasonably butthurt as a Clinton supporter

>I can DPS, but a bow nb is better.
Sounds like a l2p issue if that's the case

It's pretty damn fun. I wouldn't have spent 2k hours on it if it wasn't. You may be asking the wrong people if you want an answer other than that, though. And despite what these threads might suggest, the game is very alive, almost obnoxiously overcrowded in some areas.

It's active enough to get annoyed if you're expecting it to play like a single-player Elder Scrolls and queuing to dungeons are pretty much instant if you're a healer or tank.

Yep

Oh shit this happened to me once
>Deep into a castle I wanted to explore
>Get crated
>Desperately spam a gap closer at the only other npc at the room everytime I could see out of the crate
>Broke free after 10 minutes of prison time

Finally completed vMA for the first time
Got infused bow and defending resto staff
The arena isn't that hard now that I think back on it, but fuck the final stage, all that shit being thrown at you at once is crazy

It's the first few times that's hard, after a while it's basically muscle memory where you know what will appear where and how to counter it.

What's the best Templar build for vMA?

I really want those weapons.

2nd run right now, cleared 3 first stages no death somehow, even though I died a ton in the lamia swamp before
I don't play templar, stam dk baby

crownstore playable maomer when?

>tfw played this avidly until legion came out and haven't played a minute since

Has the game changed noticeably in the last 2 months to make it worth coming back to? Because the legion content train isn't stopping any time soon.

nah

There was the One Tamriel in October, which was a pretty big change.

One Tamriel changed quiet a bit but other then that, not really.

>looks bad
>surprised when people don't want to look at it

Honestly, I'd prefer if they shifted the focus away from pure dps for at least 1 dungeon.

So many boss mechanics "require" high dps to be skipped, and while it's a good system to make people invest in gear and builds and have fun, it's annoying that it's the case across the board.

Resource management and chasing high numbers if alright but it gets stale real quick and makes people rely on meta builds, with little to no deviation from them.

I don't know how they'd move away from pure dps. I guess if they didn't put a cap on incoming damage for a boss they'd have to make a way to force people to change builds themselves, so maybe a six-man dungeon where the group gets split in half somewhat randomly, so a DPS would want to have a bar for offspec tanking/heals.

Just any way to cut down on pure dps efficiency in favor of all-round role coverage for a group.

I miss soft caps

>So many boss mechanics "require" high dps to be skipped

But there is no boss mechanic that is required to be skipped. It's just something that can be done. If you want to see what happens when you got people who run builds that don't do high dps and as a result needs to do all boss mechanics 100%, just join a random vet pug and you're bound to find something :^)

>I miss soft caps
I'm with you on that one. Removing soft caps were a mistake.

That's why i had "require" in quotation marks.

The challenge of a dungeon shouldn't always have to be pumping out the highest numbers; it's boring and it's what a lot of us have been doing for years before eso. The lack of structure in classes allows for people to achieve quite a few different things with just one character, but the focus is always on getting a one full combination of sets to maximise numbers.
At no point would a DD profit from using something other than their proc or max resource sets, because it always infringes on big numbers and there's no need for anything but big numbers ever.

Even for tanks and healers. Can't deviate from DK tank because everything else is less efficient at generating ulti for warhorn (see: DPS focus), and can't go with anything other than templar healers because restoring stamina is mandatory, as DPS is the most important thing, and tanks have to exhaust all their resources because DDs aren't allowed to crowd control and take pressure off tanks because it's less efficient than the meta. DDs even 'have' to double bar inner light or slot flawless dawnbreaker, limiting any room for group assistance skills even further.

It's not a problem with the players at all though, the meta is there because that's what we've been given. If there's no change to dungeon design I just can't see the player base being maintained that well.

Can't connect. Is it only me?

>If there's no change to dungeon design I just can't see the player base being maintained that well

that's got very little to do with playerbase. a lot of people don't care for anything other than PvP. even a greater number are the just for the casual experience. questing and RP fuckery. very small % of players are actually doing vet content daily

anyway, I don't really see what exactly is the change you are proposing. surviving damage is already there, obviously. have dungeon bosses do so much damage that even DPS are required to run heals/tanky setups? honestly, can you tell me that you'd like that sort of thing?

ESO isn't inventing any actually new MMO PvE mechanics. the dungeons we got here are just like what all other MMOs have done and are doing currently. and it works. has worked for decades. maybe I just don't see it.

>over 50 deaths or so at very last round of last stage
>charged ice staff + precise lightning staff

Even with double drops I have to force myself to do vma. This shit is just so boring after doing it so many times. If I have to hear that little manlets voice one more fucking time....

IT'S NEVER THE SAME TWICE

DO IT AGAIN!!!

Why does this games itemization go full retard with sets? Why can't we have unique items like the artifacts of morrowind??

Would be so much better than this proc cancer and min max weapon swap bs. That's another thing, why in fucks name doesn't wielding a staff give more bonus magic dmg than dw?

DL gamer legit?

page 10 alert

holy fuck

indeed

>Why can't we have unique items like the artifacts of morrowind??
Because sets incorporate an element of min-max, give and take, risk and reward. What sets can you afford to go fully into, what ones can you just dip into for the lower bonuses, what's the most you can squeeze out of your available space, etc.

It makes you pay for the actually unique and useful effect, the five-slot bonus, instead of it just being a thing you get because you have the Razor or the Dawnbreaker, etc. It's fine for a single player game to let you fill every equipment slot with some OP bullshit, but it's not particularly fun in an MMO.

The staff thing is just ZOS being stupid.

>strutting about in my Imperial armor
>see fellow imperial and do some emoting with him
>we strut around together
>he sends group and friend invite
>continue screwing around in town
>asks if I have teamspeak
>idontlikewherethisisgoin.jpg
>Let him know I do
>"BTW I'm 10 years old"
>"Can I talk to you on TS?"
>Abort Abort Abort Abort Abort
>delet friend
>leave group
>log off

I noticed recently that the eso launcher uses data in the background, even when no update/ repairs are being made, and after the news and adverts have been loaded. Is this a normal feature? I dont need it and I'd like to switch it off. Is there a way to do so without outright axing the launcher after clicking play?

>this setting has fantastical elements in which means anything goes!

It's analyzing your browser history for new ideas for the Crown store.

>Dragon dildos, coming soon

>It makes you pay for the actually unique and useful effect
No it doesn't and unique and useful effects don't even exist they are just shitty bonuses that are clearly inferior to even shittier bonuses

>wake up with 20 minutes until pledge/writ reset
>didn't do my writs last night before the maintenance
>havent updated launcher
>finish updating and speedily log in to every alt and accept yesterdays writs from the board
>last alt gets writs with 1 minute to spare
All is good in the world

This is not a joke, btw. Have you witnessed what I speak of? I simply want to know what the idle launcher uses bandwidth for. Why is transparency taken for granted?

>vma is suuuper easy!
>you just gotta have all this good maxed out gear and a monster set
>Maxed CP. Gold Gear. Gold Weapons. Monster set.
>VMA is buggy as fuck.
>First Arena
>Inbetween waves.
>Taking hit from invisible mobs.
>Die.
>Death log
>No name, no NPC, nothing. Just [STRIKE 8,041] over and over.
>Second Arena
>Get stuck in WW form. Couldn't get out of it until I logged completely out.
>Had to restart from Wave 1
>Levers don't work now.
>Finally get to the third arena despite this.
>More invisible mobs.
>Get past it all, to the boss.
>No visible mobs. Nothing.
>Boss spawns. Almost kill her.
>Roll off to another island.
>Boss locks into place, melee attacks me from another island.
>Die.
>Boss does this every time, can't progress.

Wow. What challenging content!

>clothing dye exists
>knowledge of cancer does not
you should be able to change hair colour at dye stations. in fact, you should be able to change warpaint as well

git gud skrub and l2p