/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: plailect.github.io/Guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo released 11.2. Updating is safe for RedNAND/a9lh users.
-New exploits that allow to downgrade from 11.1 are going to be released soon. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.
You can downgrade from 11.0, 11.1 and 11.2 with a hardmod or hacked system transfer. Check Plailect's guide.

>Wii U
-Preview version of hexFW released.
-haxci has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/447688/
-Stable CFW with RedNAND released. gbatemp.net/threads/446819/
-You can run games from USB without IOSU. gbatemp.net/threads/445514

>Vita
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-New Maidump release. github.com/LioMajor/MaiDumpToolEN/releases
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-More details on the 4.01 jailbreak. wololo.net/2016/10/26/details-surface-ps4-4-01-jailbreak-potentially-enough-public-release-soon/
-Rumor from a reputable warez group that hacks are coming soon. wololo.net/2016/11/02/ps4-xbox-one-hacks-trsi-announces-warez-getting-close/

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

gateway-3ds.com/
browserhax.dahou.se/
psxhax.com/threads/ps4-pro-ships-with-3-70-firmware-needs-update-to-access-browser.1065/
plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
plailect.github.io/Guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>month old maidump release
>new

What?

>8 Oct
>month old
>What?

gateway-3ds.com/

Pay your respects

>3.63 NEVER EVER

Continuing my reply from
It gets to the Homemenu robpin and then crashes.

Whoa, I'm an idiot. I read it and thought "yeah, that was definitely last week"

Is it really finally dead? I'm glad if that's the case.

sky3ds master race wins again

All good then. I actually approve of you trying to clear out old news finally.

If you're already on 9.2, why not try another entrypoint like browserhax?

browserhax gives me that "need to update" garbage.

if it says you need to upgrade you have frankenfirmware, bc 9.2 browser wouldnt tell you that

It shouldn't do if you're on 9.2, the browser block didn't take effect until 10.something. Sounds like you might have a partial downgrade somehow? You could try the Jan 1 bypass? browserhax.dahou.se/

DS games from SD when

is there a ps4 cfw yet?

This might be a dumb question but I'm not really clear on how background apps work, if at all. If I use Freeshop or CIAngel or whatever to download a game do I need to leave my 3DS on the download screen or can I jump out and do something else while it works?

PS4 pro getting hacks?

Tried the Jan 1 method, still gives me that crap about needing to be updated to use the browser.

Let me try a fresh /3ds/ folder from the startup zip and see if maybe the decrypt folder's existence is causing problems.

nope, gonna try resetting the status on Omega ruby now and see if that fixes it.

Getting irked about this and I'm unsure of where to go if I've got frankenware.

What the fuck is the difference between Red- and EmuNand for a user besides the fact that its smaller? It sounds like the same shit, just that RedNand is smaller and seems to perfom slightly better (on paper) due to some optimized technical stuff I dont get.

psxhax.com/threads/ps4-pro-ships-with-3-70-firmware-needs-update-to-access-browser.1065/

Hopefully something public comes soon.

that's pretty much it, the other little stuff about it is irrelevant to the every day user it's just the new emunand method but it's obsolete now as well since new guides use a9lh

Will the 11.0 downgrade need dsiware bought from the Eshop?

I think I know what it is.

Since I changed versions down to 9.2 the exploit would have to be reset in Ruby anyways since it's no longer 11.0

>piratefags will never play Gun Gun Pixies

/vitagen/ wins again

READ THE OP

yes that's the point

Slowhax won't be free?

Ayyyyy
Back in the saddle now.
I have access to the menu again.

all it does is eliminate the need of another hacked 3ds for now

Is it still risky as fuck to install a9lh? Im using a clusterfuck of Emunand full with outdated other software (the old FBI, plenty of other files I dont even know what they are on my SD card and stuff) and remains of Reinand and running Luma3DS, so I would like to do a fresh CFW install once Im done with Moon. I dont really want to suffer through the risky downgrading again though.

nope it's way more shorter and safer and simpler than it ever was, on o3ds you still need to go to 2.1 but you use a different method now which is safer, on n3ds you just downgrade to 9.2 and install a9lh there and since the guide is way shorter now it should only take about 30 mins to an hour total

>reposting
Anyone have the NTR gateshark plugins that let you give yourself items in Mario Kart 7? I found a few different versions but none of the ones work with MK7 Rev1, which I'm fairly certain is the only one available on freeshop.
>inb4 cheating nigger
I'm only using it to fuck with my friends over local play. I can find the 9000cc cheats but none of those are as entertaining as the item cyclers

No, it's easy as shit now. If you're on O3DS you don't need to fuck around with OTPhelper since there's a pregenerated ctrnand image that negates the need to actually downgrade manually. N3DS doesn't need to downgrade to 2.1 at all now.

Does the ORAS method still work?

>on n3ds you just downgrade to 9.2 and install a9lh there
Shit, since Im running EmuNand I should be on 9.2 anyway. Sounds like a9lh it is then. Thanks.

Oh, what an enormous loss that is.

What're you trying to do with ORAS? If you're asking if basehax still lets you get into the homebrew menu, I'm literally doing it right now.

Is there an updated NTR? I use it to stream but now its saying it isnt supported by my firm...

So I have backup abilities working on my WiiU.

I've got homebrew channel installed on the vWii.

Now when I swap to a larger SD card (64gb) to do the NAND dump etc, nothing shows up to launch in homebrew. I have the programs in an apps folder on the root of the SD. Also if I try to browse to the SD card from homebrew it crashes.

Any ideas guys?

pastebin!

might have one of those sd cards that isn't compatible

Can I delete NANDmin.bin from my 3ds if it's on my computer?

yes

Will steins gate 0 be playable on 3.60 henkaku vita?

is it true you faggots leaked pokemon s/m?
why not just wait an extra week like responsible adults?
what is it with piratefags and ruining everything?

>never
It's like saying psvita will never be hacked and yet henkaku happened

Yo who's this semen demon
She's cute as hell

shit taste

No it'll require 3.63 you pirating piece of shit.

You got a better chick senpai?

No that's her name

What do you mean by ruining everything? Everyone can play the game early.

>everyone
i think you mean cancerous entitled assholes can play it early

Trying to hack my old 3DS, 7.00.

Got up to "Section IV - Restoring the System" on plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

I did step 1 under that section, pressed Start to reboot and now have a black screen, the blue 3DS light is on.

Did I fuck it up and brick?

no

Honestly, I'm not sure what I'm asking. I've yet to have homebrew on my 3DS. Is ORAS just a way into the Homebrew menu?

yes it's secondary though so you need access to homebrew to install it

yes.

what version are you on?

3DS OR VITA?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

yeah

Thought so. Also I'm on the latest version.

>/vitagen/ cares about Pokémon now
huh

plailect.github.io/Guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer
yeah happened to me, I guess luma just doesn't like 7.0, do a 9.2 ctrnand transfer and then continue from where you left off

Do people ever buy pre-hacked 3DS systems? I was thinking of buying 3DSes, putting CFW on them and loading them up with a few free games for a premium.

better have an already modded 3ds m8, it's hell

>install a 1-2gb .cia
>it takes LITERAL hours

Is my SD fucked or is the 3DS really this fucking slow? Most recent is Pokemon Moon, which took almost 4 hours. What the fuck man.

your sd sucks, it took me 20-30 minutes to install moon

somethings up, while installs are slow it shouldn't take that long i remember a 4gb game took like about 15 to 20 minutes to install

My N3ds just installed Sun and it took at most 30 mins

my O3ds with a micro sd in an adapter took about an hour

likely on your end, it took me about 25 minutes

i seriously can't figure out how to get past this (trying to install Color Splash). ive redownloaded the game multiple times, and ive re set up my SD card multiple times following the github Brazilian method and nothing seems to work. does anyone know how to get this to work?

Hey hbg I'm trying to play animal crossing on a physical cart and I get stuck on the Nintendo 3DS screen. Any tips?

>it took me 20-30 minutes to install moon
Sounds more like it should take for a game. I remember that it took around this long back in the days where I installed my first games. Seems like my SD is fucked then. Well, planned to install a9lh anyway (still using my old ass day one Emunand), guess I just finish Moon and get a new SD for a9lh then. Thanks for the replies and clearing it up.

For games like Pokemon Shuffle how can I hack the microtransaction parts of those games so I can play unlimited?

Sandisk Ultra 64GB SDXC?

Its a microSD, could it be a shit adapter? Never had issue in anything else.

>Sandisk Ultra 64GB SDXC?
this is 100% compatible, i have the same one for wii u

What are the chances of finding a n3ds xl with 10.7 at any retailer?

how do I download games and cia's directly onto my 3ds? I'm using CIAngel but it's not very good or easy to use.

Thank you. I was worried I was going to have to rummage through cameras and phones looking for another brand to try and harvest and swap.

exFAT 128kb format okay? The guide doesn't say or do I need to find a way to force another format?

there's a list showing which n3ds' have which firmware by the serial not hard to get a 10.7 and under one

If it's not a class 10 SD you are not getting the most speed you can.

Freeshop, don't use CIAngel.

>he fell for the class 10 meme

I have a class 3 MCSD and it transfers at 1.5GBPS.

Save your money and get a class 3.

Went to three stores today, couldn't find one. Will keep looking though.

So how do I do the USB loading on Wii U?

fat32, 64kb always

I can't speak for the 3DS as I don't have one, but if you put a class 3 in a good camera it cripples it.

Also where do I find tickets etc

Like the user above, I'm getting stuck on the nintendo screen trying to play AC: New Leaf. Only started happening with the new update. Before I couldn't even download the update, got a 009-6106 error, so I got it in cia form, and I made sure it was for the right region if that makes a difference.

I don't know what the problem could be or how to fix it. Also tried deleting update and downloading again. It succeeds now, but I still get stuck. I just want to chill with my virtual animal friends.

Will a program like Rufus do that? Windows won't do it.

I think I looked at that one but it looked like I'd have to fucking update my titlekeys thing manually? that's just shitty.

Do framerate differ between the vita and the PSTV?

Can anyone explain the concept of CFWs to me?
I have Luma with a bunch of games and stuff installed, but want to try NTR for some of its functionality, would it boot me into a different "partition" or system that I would need to install everything again?
I have followed the most recent a9lh methods.

SuMo Edition N3DSXL Guy here.

Took me a few hours and lots of trial and error, but I got that thing downgraded finally, now to wait a week and do it again to another one.

No.

NTR is special because it stacks with any existing CFE.

ntr is a cia you just launch it and it runs in the background on top of luma it's not a whole other cfw

sd formatter or EaseUS Partition Master
the 2nd one is good if you need a good program to do hdd as well

i'm really loving moon! the no lines patch makes the graphics look stunning at times on the shitty 3ds screen.

this game will look amazing at higher res with no lines. the animations and character models on the pokemon are really amazing.

whenever i picture the anons who browse this thread i think of the predators from dateline nbc's to catch a predator, or 12 year old boys who are leet hackers.

the perfect combination.