/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, November 12th:
1893 – The treaty of the Durand Line delineating the border between present day Pakistan and Afghanistan is signed by Sir Mortimer Durand, a British diplomat in British India, and the Afghan Amir Abdur Rahman Khan; the Durand Line has gained international recognition as an international border between the two nations.
1918 – Austria becomes a republic
1927 – Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in undisputed control of the Soviet Union.
1940 – World War II: Soviet Foreign Minister Vyacheslav Molotov arrives in Berlin to discuss the possibility of the Soviet Union joining the Axis Powers

>News
EU4 DD 08/11
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-8th-of-november-2016.980828/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6 - 15/09/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/user/ToaKraka
youtube.com/watch?v=qWun7O-jM5c
pastebin.com/JTw68YR0
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/972399
steamcommunity.com/app/203770/discussions/0/617319460912953437/?ctp=3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Explain to me why AI Germany always fucks up when I do the 1939 start?

They can't even handle the Netherlands/Belgium for some dumbass reason.

1936 start, I mean, not the 1939 start.

Looks like Dirty Red from Mahoyo.

What game you cunt.

Balance is fucked up

Based.

Crusader Kings 5

Is it a comfy game? Did you just focus on industry all game?

>Is it a comfy game
Yea its alright, if you are into that. I like seeing pops assimilate.

>Did you just focus on industry all game
Hardly just build liquor factories and oil refinery.

You can take the advice other people gave me and just spam prestige and maybe ships to become GP and independent. Also reminder that I cheated to get Kars from Russians.

>just build liquor factories
Ah, so you're just shitposting. A shame.

>Ah, so you're just shitposting
I am not, its just always works. That is why its a meme.

Reminder that the M&T mods are retards who can't tell the difference between pressing a button in a video game and slaughtering thousands of people in real life.

mod it back in senpai and post it in the M&T forums as a minimod

Jesus I can imagine the salt and the repeated attempts to get it pulled off and the uploader banned.

they don't even have to know, just make a minimod that has nothing to do with genocide and secretly include the 'attack natives' button back in

does this trigger people here?

I don't think that would fly.

Asking again

>GroB Spainiums

Latin Union tag when?

you don't even have to mention the genocide feature to the devs when you discuss your minimod for release

what don't you understand by 'not mention at all'

That would require meta-culture groups, since it would be a union incorporating several culture groups.

HoI4, is dispersed industry or concentrated industry better?

I feel like the whole efficiency thing really makes you have to go dispersed, but I'm not sure how much of an effect that extra ten percent output you get from focus would have.

Well I mean they can just pull it off, I'm pretty sure they're basically mods within their subforums.

>option to reply underneath the post
Why did you make a reddit account?

Wait, that's your own post. It has the option to edit. What the fuck man?

KEK

W&B

Because reddit is better, I'm just here as part of our domination of /gag/

We still got HPM bitch what modders does le redito have?

Idhrendur makes converters.

Rangerage
Meneth
Wiz
Paradoxplaza mod team
Floris

Basically every nodder is in reddit.

Found your account

reddit.com/user/ToaKraka

This is a goldmine, by the way.

:^)

>/r/4chanarchy
god what a fag

what an obvious shop

I don't see what makes it obvious.
>Weird fonts
I use custom styles.

>shop
What's he selling?

why does reddit have dedicated board to talk about Veeky Forums?

He even donated money to reddit.

They can gain upvote points by screencapping and posting stuff from here.

That was literally one time--and it was in protest against the r/paradoxplaza mods' unreasonable censorship.

Veeky Forums is scary

You giving your money to reddit sure showed them. How will they ever recover?

>tfw M&T's spaghetti provinces will never be rationalized

>Srbija Strong Remove CENSORED
Jesus, what a shithole.

Tell me a story /gsg/

What do you listen to while playing /gsg/?
Link related for me.
youtube.com/watch?v=qWun7O-jM5c
Anyone got some more comfy post-punk they can recommend me?

what is this

...Marco...

It's the result of a computer program that automagically removes border gore.

Who would be this autistic?

>The Netherlands

Is writing a moderately-complex program for fun really that autistic? Tell that to /g/.

but the results look like shit

It is when the point is to turn complex shapes with no discernable pattern (ie real life borders) into simple brightly colored polygons

>wanting shitty square/rounded provinces

M&T's map is a simplification of real life while keeping it true to the spaghetti-meister that is the HRE

Have you tried playing with this map

Why not just turn it into a hex based game then?

The close-cropped edges introduced horrible anomalies in the map of Spain. The other two examples look okay, in my opinion.

Taking hours to mess with the nudge tool and the positions file would be a lot more autistic than merely writing a cool program. This was just a random project--totally for fun.

The entire point of this program is to make the map as close to a hexagonal grid as possible, but without changing any of the existing province sizes and adjacencies.

The code is here, if anyone cares: pastebin.com/JTw68YR0

Americans are white and based

>tfw 2 (You)s in a single reply

I wonder if American culture would have went the same way if instead of the English colonizing the East Coast, it were a latin country

What is the best way to end the Oriental crisis for Ottomans - to take over the land of Egypt or tomake it a puppet? After doing the first, the Nyle turned into a neverending rebelfest for decades to come, which forced me to stop the party alltogether. Will there be a decision to reintegrate Egypt later if I take it as a puppet? I'm also worried someone will start digging the Valley or build Suez.

In the Warhammer mod for CK2, are regular the Dwarf/Chaos Dwarf factions fully fleshed out or are they still using placeholder decisions/events?

You would have Mexica the size of a continent. With Western coast probably occupied by Japs.

Both Crusader Kings 2 and Hearts of Iron IV keep crashing for me on autosave. I've tried reinstalling the game from multiple sources/torrents, switching "decompress saves" from on to off and off to on, changing the save intervals, running the game as an administrator, running the game in various compatibility modes etc.

What do I do to make the game playable again?

I don't know, those look pretty smooth in comparison to the lagged mess that is M&T. You know you fucked up in the genetic race when the HRE draws better borders than you.

Yeah latin-dominated America would have been absolutely dreadful. What about a French culture being the dominant force in the colonies? We would be colonising other galaxies by now.

Anyone have a link to M&T?

Too lazy to google it myself tbqh

What the fuck? I just realized belgiums primary culture is this protodindu french shit, why isn't it flemish? they are the majority culture and much better in my opinion than these Wallooons.

>kebab
>against the rules
>kebab
kebab
>kebab

Fuck off back to Rabbit, just because you choose to associate with a orwellian circlejerk shithole doesn't mean you get to come here and cry about it here. You made your bed.

>late autumn evening in a bad part of a town in 2014. Serbia
>30 year old washed up lowlife small time criminal M, that is on every government blacklist, has 8 euros and a lot of time
>Ms favorite small time dealers 1 trough 3 are not available, they are all watching champions league
>M is desperate for some weed to complement his cheap beer drinking night with his lowlife construction worker friend M2
>M2s house is cold as fuck but no one is there to bother the two drunkards
>M2 is tired from his manual labor job but he calls his dyke acquaintance,20 something Maya, from the rich part of town, to score some weed
>she doesn't deliver but says that M can come to her house for weed and to fix her computer while he is there
>M despises dykes and homosexuals but he is a stoner desperate for weed so he goes to Mayas house
>young girl opens the door of a big richfag house, it can't be Maya because she looks cute and feminine
>M pretends to think she is Maya and starts asking her about the computer and weed to finish the deal as fast as possible
>girl responds a bit confused but with a look in her eyes that M didn't see in long time
>it has been a while since a girl looked at M in that way, like how a caged bird looks at a free bird

Comparing lands colonised by French people to subjugated Africans and towelheads isn't fair though. The British ahd the right idea of erradicating and displacing the savages, which is where the Spaniards fucked up.

No, Belgium was invented by frogs with the help of the Eternal Anglo.

That already exists, it's called "Brazil".

>years later
>still no mod that removes mana gain and use altogether from EU4

fuck me

>golden horde in 1821
How

Someone was contemplating it on the forums: forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/972399

I installed MEIOU (EU3) correctly and it crashes while loading. What do

P-please respond

When would it be justifiable or acceptable to blob?

Not that I'm asking because I avoid blobbing, I treat gsg's like I'm bob ross. But I'm curious.

Which one is the best to start with?
I'm thinking Sieg, Shogun on the Far East Empire
but im not sure?

Also, custom character is cheating.

You just gave me unexpected nostalgia

steamcommunity.com/app/203770/discussions/0/617319460912953437/?ctp=3

Did you even try looking up a solution?

reinstall
make sure you have both versions up-to-date
Should it still not work, put your pc into the trash and buy a better one that can handle that shittty mod

Uniting cultures, historical basis, colonizing.

Feels good

Geography and economical value while paying attention to which of your neighbours are weak are your friends. You know, kind of like most conquest happened historically. Ignore retards who do nothing but autistically recreate anachronistic empireblobs.

this is some impressive bait

you don't understand
what you propose is the definition of bordergore. jaggy borders all around the place are perfect when historical, as they often were. nobody has square borders.

Nice

Looks like they elected Drumpf about 80 years early.

>Looks like they elected Drumpf about 80 years early
you fucked that up, you should have said that they elected Trumps father

det känns bra

Can someone explain to me the difference between VickyMod, HPM, Commiemod etc?