youtube.com/watch?v=I-lQ3BrzQO4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Immorality is edgy roleplaying

So what?

False

"Needing sleep is illogical!"
K.

Le false allegory maymay

Look Man I hate the fact that my subcontinent got utterly dominated by the Anglo Saxon, Seeing a still of a Japanese Officer Behead one pleases me.
No matter How mature I try to be or how objective I have a sense of belonging to a history that probably never was.

He is probably nobody that ever caused anything to me on an individual level,maybe he hated being an Anglo but meh Its not like the Anglo Saxons didn't see us as a collective unwashed filth so why should i be so noble.

I am just tired and I should sleep.

Yfw you realize japs were the first ISIS

Asians have always been like this.

A lack of morality prevents cooperation. A lack of cooperation makes you worse at every single task that matters.

wait what the fuck

how is the jap going to behead this man? cut his head into 2 pieces?

Beheadings have happened by virtually every culture through out history.

>cut his head into 2 pieces?

yeah, it's his last resort

Morality is totally logical.

Morality is what keeps society from falling apart.

Logic is immoral

Man, you can even behead people who are standing if you are skilled.

h-how?

The sword would be swung around and through the mans neck, not straight into his skull. He is holding it up like that so he can get more room for the swing.

it's also completely arbitrary.

>this guy knows

He's slightly behind, lrn to perspective

Also fuck, now you made me browse my homoerotic sudoku folder

Actually, it's completely logical.

Mammals evolve better communication skills; among them, morality; humans instinctively set laws according to their collective moral beliefs, and people live in peace and harmony, not out of fear of punishment, but because they choose to do so.

>not out of fear of punishment, but because they choose to do so.
You should specify that this is only for most people. People who haven't came to this realization yet must be kept in line with force by the people that have.

Game theory is the best thing that happened to philosophy in the last 1000 years.

>confusing "allegory" with "analogy"
Fuck this board

>logic

Truly.

>it's another "confusing normative with the positive" episode

Suicide attacks are another thing that makes them comparable to ISIS. They even acted out of religious believes, because they believed their emperor was literally God.

>They even acted out of religious believes, because they believed their emperor was literally God.
Nah blood.

Shinto says Japan is the land of the gods, and is for Japanese people only - that's the ultra-nationalism part. The religious part is more along the lines of bringing the world under one sun, the japanese one, the rising sun.

>朕ト爾等國民トノ間ノ紐帯ハ、終始相互ノ信頼ト敬愛トニ依リテ結バレ、單ナル神話ト傳説トニ依リテ生ゼルモノニ非ズ。天皇ヲ以テ現御神トシ、且日本國民ヲ以テ他ノ民族ニ優越セル民族ニシテ、延テ世界ヲ支配スベキ運命ヲ有ストノ架空ナル觀念ニ基クモノニモ非ズ。

>The ties between Us and Our people have always stood upon mutual trust and affection. They do not depend upon mere legends and myths. They are not predicated on the false conception that the Emperor is divine, and that the Japanese people are superior to other races and fated to rule the world.

Hirohito being god is literal US propaganda. I mean yeah sure in their culture they are SAID to be descended from their sun god, but it is the US who expressed this point of view in their policies, not the Japanese.

If people would only realize that letting go of simple things like envy, jealousy, being happy for others, letting go of all the bs anger and hate...people would realize that the weight on everyone's back would fall off.

I think the problem is that everyone is looking for a quick fix, whether it be in pill form or some other quick fix method...when the reality, it's more like steering a ship on the sea. adjustments need to be made on a regular basis etc etc.

Also idolatry blinds people, lies to people, creates illusions that aren't true and when the lies are proven to be unattainable, proven to be deceptive, people react in that anger and frustration and forever develop a perspective on life that's not only inaccurate but self-defeating. It's a trap that leads people to confusion, jealousy, and anger.

>taking a declaration from a conquered monarch as evidence
You can't be this dense.
In (pre-Occupation) Japanese ultra-nationalism, the Emperor is divine, the japanese people are superior to other races and they are fated to rule the world.

"After destroying England [in Asia] and restoring Turkey, after making India independent and China autonomous, the Rising Sun Flag of Japan shall offer the light of that sun to all mankind. The second coming of Christ, prophesized in every country on earth, actually signifies the scripture and sword of Japan [as a new] Mohammed. The Japanese people must soon face a national crisis unprecedented in history. It will come as a result of reorganizing the state's political and economic structure [...] Peace without war is not the way of heaven."

"We the Japanese people must be the cyclone center of a war to liberate mankind. Therefore the Japanese state is at Absolute which will bring about the establishment of our idea of world revolution. Ideological fulfillment and militant organization of the Japanese state is a sacred undertaking on behalf of this absolute goal. We shall try [...] today to realize the ideals of Martin Luther, who said that the state is an ethical institution. The dangerous internal and external crises that have come before our very eyes will not let us avoid fundamental reorganization of the state structure and creative revolution in the national spirit. We do not consider it sufficient to pursue reorganization and revolution for Japan alone, but because we really believe in the Japanese nation's destiny to be the great apostle of mankind's war of liberation we want to begin with the liberation of Japan itself. "

Again, that's literal US propaganda.

>youtube.com/watch?v=I-lQ3BrzQO4

You are a literal retard if you think Hirohito being god had anything to do with Japanese Ultra-nationalism past a simple ideal. If you knew the context of that re-write, you would know he is actually denouncing himself as god, as he never actually motivated his peoples with the fact that he is divine, are you retarded?

You are taking state propaganda over the words of the actual emperor - who sits on his throne to this day. Again, the U.S used the divine fact to mobilize US troops, the Japanese DID NOT use divinity to mobilize their troops, they did not need to.

>act immoral
>socially outcasted and/or put in prison for no gains
>logical

>youtube.com/watch?v=I-lQ3BrzQO4
Keep in mind, half the stuff, as with all propaganda, is literal false information. Mainly the parts where they say Hirohito controls the Japanese, in both military and state matters.

Maybe if your sub-continent wasn't such a shithole the anglos wouldn't have conquered and dominated your people.

Hozumi (actual quote): “The throne is Amaterasu of this world. Thus to worship the throne is to worship Amaterasu. The throne is the source of state law and state religion.”

Uesugi (paraphrased) : "The Emperor is not just a living god – he’s THE ONLY HUMAN WHO IS DEVOID OF SELF-INTEREST OR SELFISHNESS, TOTALLY UNBIASED. That’s why everything the country of Japan does is inherently moral."
"The emperor is not a remote guy up in heaven, the emperor is INSIDE YOU. You can never get away from him. You are part of his Japan-sized soul, and your mission in life is to submerge yourself into the emperor till there is no distinction between him and you. When you finally cease to exist altogether, then you will be enlightened."

Yamada: "What should be the work of the divine nation of Japan? As every person nowadays knows, it was clearly indicated in the imperial proclamation of emperor Jimmu (first ever emperor), eight strings make a house (hakkou o motte ie to nasu). What is a house? We can understand this when we look at our individual life. Even if ewe go out engage in various activities, encounter difficulties, and feel uneasy, once we go home, we can enjoy our own living there. Thus a house is a base where people feel at ease and carry on their lives. The “eight strings” means, “in all directions” I believe that “eight strings make a house” signifies Emperor Jimmu’s desire to let everyone and everything have peace of mind and enjoy living. . . it is conceivable that the thought of “the whole world makes a house” is the purpose of the Greater East Asian War at the present time. However we can clearly see that this desire of Emperor Jimmu did not start only with him, this is the desire of Amaterasu Oomikami."

Kakehi (paraphrased) : "The Emperor is a “universal person” because he sort of holds the souls of all Japanese. Since he was the first Japanese soul, and everyone else, living and dead, is his direct descendant, it’s like Japan only has one, eternal, giant-sized soul, and you share your soul with your ancestors."
"The gods themselves created Japan to save the world by conquering it, so as to bring everyone the eternal peace and harmony of "one body, one soul." We Japanese are unique because we rule without force and coercion. We all have the same vested interests. But since foreigners lack the Shinto spiritual one-body, one-soul nature, and they don’t understand that we Japanese are acting selflessly[...] therefore, we will have to rule them with force and coercion."
"Amaterasu is not only the ancestor of Japan but of everyone on earth. But even though these fallen, foreign humans can never ever be part of our family again, we Japanese still have a duty to re-absorb them and restore the world as it once was."
Kakehi (actual quote): “All the Taros and Jiros [all the joes and jacks] were created by the grace of the emperor”.

Another Yamada quote:
"We must engage in fixing, solidifying, and stabilizing other countries in the world who are wandering aimlessly. This is the original mission of the divine country of Japan. This greater east Asian war was started to force England and America to relinquish their position of world leadership and ultimately establish a new order to secure a just and lasting peace."

Otoya Yamaguchi's inner thoughts, as imagined in the novel "Death of a Political Youth":
"I will spend eternity as a ‘fresh green shoot’ on the Imperial Tree of Life, so I don’t fear death. Being forced to live out my whole lifetime is more dreadful by far! I’ll kill myself! After ten minutes, when the guards leave.
If I can endure ten more minutes, using all the strength of my ‘true uyoku soul’ to do it, then I can die honorably and live forever, having totally completed my transformation into the Chosen One, Son of The Emperor!
If it’s just ten minutes, I can endure any kind of mighty pressure, any kind of fierce terror! Because my ‘uyoku castle’, my ‘uyoku shrine’ will never crumble!
I will enter the magnificent womb of His Highness The Emperor, and the vast universe contained therein! This universe is a pitch-black ocean, where I can drift like an as-yet-unborn baby, forever unconscious, basking in the radiance, the golden and rose-colored, the magnificent unearthly purple radiance, ahh!!
In my hysteria and bliss, my vision had acquired remarkable new properties: on the insides of my closed eyes, I was now able to see Heaven’s Gate looming in front of me, with the gorgeous splendor radiating from within.
Banzai! Long life to His Highness The Emperor! May I die for Him seven times, and return to fight yet again!"

That isn't morality, that is just a correlation between morality and groupthink in some areas.

It could be one group genociding another, the individuals in that group can cooperate very well and there is no material gain to be had by cooperating with the other group so in their minds it is totally moral.

Nowhere does this say what you think you are saying. Remember, you are saying the Japanese used their divinity to mobilize their troops, I literally said they did not have to - as you have proven. It's a simple ideal, do you honestly believe your average Japanese soldier believed their emperor was god and died for that divinity? Have you actually listened to any accounts from people of the time, not soldiers, the people?

>using a book written in 2009 as evidence of your claims
kek. There are people who survived the bombing who can actually tell you what the Japanese people thought at the time, trust me when I tell you it won't fit into your biased view so therefore you will probably disregard it.

Pic related, is recent and is the first time actual survivors of the bomb have spoken about it. No one is saying Chinto wasn't used to mobilize the peoples, the fact that they actually believed Hirohito is a god is and that's why they fought is US propaganda. Do you actually think people in NK believe their leaders are gods? because they tell them they are?

I didn't claim that it was a morality. I was merely suggesting a logical advantage to having a moral structure.

>there is no material gain to be had by cooperating with the other group
Let me correct you here. There is only no perceived benefits for cooperating between the two groups.

>Remember, you are saying the Japanese used their divinity to mobilize their troops,
Actually, I never said that, not that it matters. How the fuck does "We must engage in fixing, solidifying, and stabilizing other countries in the world who are wandering aimlessly. This is the original mission of the divine country of Japan [given by Amaterasu and Jimmu]" NOT equal "using their divinity to mobilize the troops"?

>do you honestly believe your average Japanese soldier believed their emperor was god and died for that divinity?
Just the ultranationalists, probably. Is the average ISIS soldier fighting for God or for plunder and rape? Are American soldiers fighting for freedom and democracy?

>using a book written in 2009 as evidence of your claims
What? All the guys quoted were ultranationalist propagandists, except for "Death of a Political Youth" that denounced the uyoku worldview shortly after the war.

>There are people who survived the bombing who can actually tell you what the Japanese people thought at the time
I don't care what they claim unless they actually put it into writing before they had an incentive to distance themselves from the former regime.

>Its not like the Anglo Saxons didn't see us as a collective unwashed filth
Huh maybe there's some justification for this sentiment.
But no, it's the dirty Anglos who are the problem.

>Just the ultranationalists
Wow.

>ultranationalists are ultranationalists
>all japanese are ultranationalists

What the fuck are you doing?

>I don't care what they claim unless they actually put it into writing before they had an incentive to distance themselves from the former regime.

You're a literal idiot, ignorance truly is bliss.

Bhai, why are you shitposting on Veeky Forums? We should make /int/ threads again.

only for atheshits.

Why did you even bother replying?

one should shoot to kill and no less and not waste others times. have some conviction. have some balls.

American soldiers simmer the Japanese soldiers of the head (1944).The skull had been sold $ 35 per piece.

"head cutting era" reproduced in the US published in the American magazine "Life" issue May 1943

>Morality

US Army Lieutenant playing in the Japanese soldier's head.(April 30, 1944, New Guinea, ion the United States Navy torpedo boat 341 deck)

Dogmatic Morality is, but I would disagree when it comes to self-generated laws, come to by reason.

Byzantine soldier playing with a prisoner.

Is there any greater cuckoldry than letting someone execute you?

What kind of faggot just goes 'whelp no way I can get out of this, might as well just give up and let them make a spectacle of me'?

Pussy shit. You can always fight back. They're already planning to kill you, and what's better than a fighting death?

>implying they can fight back

Suffocation? No bleeding? Will he give a fuck if he cuts his arm bleeding?

you have to be a bit more barbaric, you know, sail around to places overseas, committing piracy, taking new land in far flung places because its there and you can, taking resources, etc. All west-germanic people needed to come out on top of the world was that adventorous, sea-faring spirit

With a diagonal kesa giri ?
French used to decapitate people like that as well (cf "Wolf Hall").

His arms are fucking bound you retard.