youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

POST YOUR PROGRESS RIGHT NOW

NO CLEANING UP

>post cute black girl
>agdg hates her because she's black
So those are agdg's values. Despicable.

Black people are disgusting.

Including colored people in your game will cater to SJWs, not aggydaggers.

Thank you for choosing a reasonable OP-picture instead of pandering to the CUTE-spastics.

>post ugly non-rigged memepoly "girl"
>upset nobody wants to pick up trash
Stay classy.

I have a dream, that one day every man, woman and child in America will know that waifus are delicious in every flavor

She was uncute and not because of her skin color.

Sorry, skip, but I personally find black women to always be ugly until they're mixed to the point they might as well be white like Halle Berry. Painting Zoe Saldana green didn't fix her face

Is my opinion racist? Shit yeah it is. Does it change anything? Nope

So I'm starting to learn Blender in order to make a Resident Evil clone in Unreal 4. I have some experience with Source modding, but that was almost entirely brush-based. Right now I'm trying to get my head around the work flow for making a level entirely out of imported models.

>Want to make a house
>Build the layout of the house in Blender
>Model/texture all the walls/floors/furniture
>Export each piece as a separate model
>Import all the pieces into Unreal 4 then stick them back together

Am I on the right track? I think I read that I can do it in such a way that all the individual models will be in the right place once I do the Unreal 4 import. I'm guessing the best thing to do would be to make a lot of "modular" building pieces that can be re-used, but since my game is basically just a house I can probably get away with more expensive modeling practices.

I did not choose the OP pic.

dd11 feedback; tweaking character sprites to make them pop out more
i might need some heavier modifications and outline is too much, but you said no cleaning up

user you made them pop out LESS by making the outline blend in with the background color.

So, I'm working on an engine. I'm not falling into the trap of making an engine before a game, I'm making an engine just cause I want the experience.

Idk if anyone here would really have experience with this, but I figured it might be worth a shot. What is a reasonable way to build player/AI-controlled objects into my nice physics simulator that I've finished? I'd like to keep all my collision resolution in the physics engine, but the issue is that player movement essentially means setting velocities when different inputs are detected, which screws up the physics calculations.

pretty much yeah, might need some other contrast boosting too
btw you're fast

If there's a breed worse than CUTE-spastics it's OP picture-spastics.

>Black people are disgusting.

>I personally find black women to always be ugly

Truly despicable.

>people's personal taste doesn't conform to my liberal views
>they are therefore evil and must be shunned

You made Trump possible.

you can build the entire level in brushes, get everything right, delete the brushes (optionally keep their collision) and replace with static meshes.

that's how epic does it, so their level designers don't have to wait for artists.

seeing as you're doing both, it depends on what you want to focus on first.

You're actually right

It's stuff like this that made me vote for Trump instead of not voting like I did for the last two elections

would you marry/fuck/fall-in-love with an Abbo?

if you answer no then you are literally hitler.

Why are yesdevs so fucking mean to us?

We're trying, okay? We're fucking trying.

Working on replacing the placeholder text for controls with the actual button being used. Right now I have the quickslots set up. The text/icons change from gamepad to keyboard if one or the other was pressed last.

Help me decide this, /agdg/. TPS or FPS? I have a basic setup: just some wizard who kills monsters or ghosts in a comfy forest. However, when I play an FPS, I want to make it an FPS, but when I play with a third person view game or an RTS, I find it fun to jump around and walk around with the characters, which makes me want to model the main character and watch him from behind his shoulders.

How should I decide this? Usually I want everything to serve the core game play mechanics, but now as I see both ways are possible.

Have some more ice effects n shit for flying enemies

FPS is less work (don't need to make a shitload of animations), so that by itself might be more viable for you.

Can you guys please post some spaghetti code, I need a good laugh.

Just open your game project.

Is there anyway to take the obj out of a THREE.js webpage?

Want to look at the wireframes of this.

Doom Knight?

Essentially yeah, just shorter.

In hindsight I should probably redesign him a little when I start making standalone games featuring him.

pastebin.com/A2488Tyc

The weapon of the Assassian.

I need to get around to reading this.

game of the year or game of the century?

not even game of the day

Unreal 4 here

Is there a way to only wipe one widget from the screen to be updated or does the entire HUD have to be repopulated every time something changes?

I can tell you worked hard on that penis

Looks like normal java to me.

That's a fair point. Thank you!

What would be the best way to determine the plane segment of a plane segment behind another plane segment using either pure math or unity stuff?

sub-plane in red

I'm having fun with phaser.io.
Any good beginner type games I should focus on making to learn more with javascript?

If anyone has played my game, what else should I do to improve the UI and usability?

>java
only the dead may know peace from this hell

youtu.be/HQYsFshbkYw

I'm trying to get a quad from a plane and a second plane where the quad is the section of the first plane that's behind the intersecting plane

I'm trying to detect when the near culling plane of a camera is inside an object so I can slap down a custom shader on that portion of the screen.

How do I put in all the hard work necessary to make a game when there's so many human beings that don't put in hard work at all and are far more successful.

how rude

The intersection splits the plate into two parts, then select the part you want. Read up on vectors and planes to calculate the new planes that occurs from the intersection.

kys

youtube.com/watch?v=5-sfG8BV8wU

Only assholes of this general can think that this edit is actually a good edit.

>those brackets and semicolons

>not hating someone for their skin color is "liberal"

Why does it only have to be one thing or the other?
this discussion is not game development and we need to stop

where's your game?

>He wants to support a world where a mean comment can destroy someone

What you perceive as luck is often a fuckload of hard work to make that "lucky event" happen.

I'll let one of your own kind explain it to you: youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs

Maybe you'll understand then

Right but what if the plane being "split" is entirely behind the second plane?
I want to make it not so that it's split by the colission, but that it's split based upon what's BEHIND the plane. In other words, if that first plane were to be completely behind the second one, the red quad would be the entire plane.

I voted for Trump though.

I'm referring to con artists and taking the easy route instead of the hard route

I want to support a thread without assholes.

That looks intentionally bad.

aahhhhhh
AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

What are you? A racist?

jokes on them, I'm not a real person

you don't need more than 5 minutes on internet to realize that people love to mercilessly shit on things for little to no reason

Assholes are necessary user. Without them we would just have a bunch of pussies needing therapy dogs, play-doh, and to call off from going to college because something didn't turn out the way they wanted.

Dealing with assholes isn't fun but it can help in the grand scheme of things.

How easy is Monogame/XNA on a scale of Unity to C++ with OpenGL?

It might be, it's from reddit.

>You should bully people who need therapy because it'll make their problems go away!
>You should bully people in college because if you don't they'll drop out!

10/10

In between
It's not an engine but it's not c++/opengl tier low.
You still have to do everything yourself from animation and so on.

Only an asshole would think like that.

People performs better in a good environment and I think that agdg is a perfect example of a bad environment chasing off good devs all the time.

t.coddled children who never got bullied growing up.

Rate my death ragdolls

people who are bullied usually end up remaining beta shitters for the rest of their godforsaken lives while people who bully just completely forget about it and move on, thinking they've done completely nothing wrong
being an asshole is natural, but it does not mean it's right - the superiority of humans over other animals lies in ability to suppress their urges for greater good

Half of Veeky Forums lacks basic mental capabilities. You're not gonna change that by being a little bitch. It's just something you have to deal with if you're here.

Who exactly was chased out?
>People performs better in a good environment
Life isn't a good environment and the quicker you get used to assholes the better.
And AGDG is nothing, it's an anonymous imageboard. If you can't ignore meanie anons shitposting you you'll have a hell of a time.

where's your game?

I am so fucking motivated right now. Thanks user.

>the superiority of humans over other animals lies in ability to suppress their urges for greater good
Explain why ants haven't taken over the world

Gameplay progress
the lock-on system can now work from any point in the index
so if I run into index 3
then index 0
it will auto back to index 0
I had to re-work a lot of stuff and now it's a lot less dynamic so I'm gonna have to do a bunch more work so it will work with any number of enemies

>Explain why ants haven't taken over the world

Too little bodymass to be a predatorial threat to many animals. Inability to fashion tools of sufficient size to take over the job.

every single act ants do is based purely on instinct - read up about ant mill if you don't know about it already

why the lock on doesn't draw outline around lower legs?

>agdg is a perfect example of a bad environment chasing off good devs all the time.
When did /agdg/ do this? I'm honestly curious.

I'm pretty sure a lot of these faggots here would get triggered if Hoppoo started posting here again

The programmer art wouldn't be so jarringly hideous if it weren't for the competently drawn background.

for rotate it was because of transgender and female hate

>Explain why ants haven't taken over the world
He just did, ants instinctually want to work. That's sort of an "urge" for them.

I remember him posting Deadbolt progress. When/why did he leave?

Currently texturing an enemy.
Also making an armor set from it.

This

There was a study done with a wasp that lays its eggs in a spider. The wasp drags the spider to a burrow, inspects the burrow, and drags the spider in.

So scientists moved the spider from the burrow while the wasp was inside. The wasp came outside, dragged the spider to the burrow and inspected it again. This was repeated hundreds of times with no deviation in behavior.