tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game, for pc you have to join using the link

>News
Angel City map coming december, late november for preorders
Prime Ion and Scorch skins coming in December
The pc network has been purged, join on the new one linked above

>Whats changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

If you cant find games in a specific mode, try playing mixtape.

Doomed thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zkAuaFLgo2w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the problem is that the other titan primaries are fucking garbage, the 40mm is the only decent weapon. in TF1 we at least had the arc cannon and chaingun which gave some variety (and the triple threat on some maps like Relic).

Splitter Rifle: Awful damage against pilots, its literally weaker than most pilot weapons. Slow projectile. Takes energy for alt-fire for some god-forsaken reason.

Railgun: The worst reticle in the game uncharged making it really hard to hit pilots. Slowest projectile in the game charged which makes NO FUCKING SENSE SINCE IT'S A GOD DAMNED RAILGUN. Northstars kit also makes zero sense, should have multi-target missiles instead of cluster and be able to move like Viper with flight core.

Predator: Stupidly slow to spin-up/down, low ammo. The closest to being decent.

Thermite: Slow reload, slow projectile, one fucking shot, and low damage. Complete trash.

Tone really isn't any stronger than the TF1 Atlas/40mm setup, it's just that she has no competition because the other titans are complete ass from a butt. They desperately need major buffs/changes to be competitive, and maybe some minor nerfs to Tone (projectile size, tracker missile turn radius).

you know I'm right.

I like this post. I think that the Northstar's Cluster Missile is fun, but what it really needs is a real fucking Defensive Ability.

Hover is trash, almost completely pointless. It should be completely removed, and replaced with the Tether Trap. I'm not sure exactly what would make a good, unique Defensive ability, though.

Flight Core needs a huge buff, too.

Bumper jumper is a must.

Otherwise use whatever you're most comfortable with.

The point of scorch is to stack all your skills together to nuke a titan.
your primary as a scorch is mainly for killing pilots and crowd controlling enemy titans by limiting where they can go to.

scorchs real problem is their low survivability, thermal shield can only last so long and with no dashes basic they die very very quickly compared to the others.
As far as damage goes increase the damage thermites flames do, you're not meant to direct hit titans with it.

I'm playing the stuffing out of Tone right now before the nerf.

Tone's core completely shits on every other core. The damage needs to be halved. Flame core is on the other end of the spectrum; it requires close proximity and a long windup. Even then, it doesn't do a lot of damage.

Tone's shield, amusingly enough, is the one thing that can mitigate Tone's core (as long as the particle wall perk is selected). Nothing else can stand up to the might of diarrhea missiles. The shield is a bit much.

The tracker rockets also do an obscene amount of damage. They could probably be

TONED DOWN

People saying that Tone's projectile is hitscan are wrong.

Also whoever said that looking up and meleeing will kill a pilot rodeoing your titan is also wrong.

Scorch's problem is that it requires your opponents to be brain dead. They have to actively go against or lack the instincts built from hours of playing World of Warcraft: "don't stand in the fire".

Northstar is fun. I'd like to be able to cancel hover. The tether trap is pretty unreliable; I don't like it and I've never gotten out of trouble using it. Piercing rounds is a useless perk. I wish the thruster perk was fast enough to be noticeable.

tether has only really helped me against impatient ronins and stupid tones

>Flame core is on the other end of the spectrum; it requires close proximity and a long windup. Even then, it doesn't do a lot of damage.
At the very least scorch's core deals most of its damage instantly. I'd argue that laser core is far worse, the windup for it is even longer and incredibly obvious. Not to mention that the damage is slowly dealt out for the entire duration of the beam, and if you're doomed your opponent can just cancel you out of it by executing you.

Its more you bait them into a sudden fire trap. But yes, I think that decreasing the cooldown between gas traps, and improving flamecores damage is good

Here's how I would fix the Northstar:

Plasma Railgun
>Increase projectile speed to hitscan when fully charged

Cluster Missile
>Pretty much fine the way it is, except maybe increase its base range and duration a tiny bit because without the Kit it's kinda bad

Tether Trap
>Make this its Tactical Ability

Hover Core
>Make this the Defensive Ability. Make it last longer, make it able to be canceled, allow dashing to be used while hovering, and most importantly create a weak force-field that reduces incoming damage by a little less than however much the Ronin's sword does.

Oops, didn't mean to say Hover Core there, just Hover.

Flight Core needs to be MUCH faster, both with movement speed and missile speed. Rockets should act like BT-7274's guided missiles but with more damage of course.

oh another thing that pisses me off is that you put away your gun when firing ordinance. IT'S ON THE BACK SO THE TITAN DOESN'T HAVE TO USE HANDS!

It's solely a concession to shit-tier controller users that can't shoot and fire ordinance at the same time. It fucking disgusts me.

>tfw no old school shark teeth for e v every titan

almost all the nose art is (unfitting) trash, did they even try?

Yeah it is really fucking stupid, considering it wasn't a thing in TF1

Launching your Ordinance while reloading was the dopest shit

What you don't see is that your Titan shouts "HISSATSU" and strikes a cool pose while doing it, hence the need to put away your gun.

I can't stand this shit with ion.
>have to sit through slow ass reload for splitter rifle
>use laser shot in the meantime
>it interrupts the reload and makes it take even longer

why the fuck does it even have a mag
just make it overheat or some shit

Finished the campaign.

What an original and totally unpredictable ending.

The plot isnt what makes Titanfall 2's campaign good. Its just the gameplay and setpieces

>Respawn gives ion a titan version of the arc tool from the campaign
Sounds fun.

Why is flyswatter titan so fun?

Look I'm not going to say I've put the same amount of time into the other titans to get the most out of them, but I've tried. The problem with Tone is that you don't need to try to perform better than most other titans.

Of course you'll get your players that really have put the time into the other titans and can destroy other players, but sometimes it can feel like a real gamble going into battle with a Scorch or Northstar and some maps just straight up don't make sense to play as a Ronin.

Tone is safe, you get solid, dependable damage and damage mitigation. it's special isn't even on a cooldown, it just requires reasonable aim with your gun and even if you took away it's missiles you'd probably still come out on top.

Even though I love this game I still feel as though the introduction of the titan classes was a mistake.

It was cool, especially the time travel level.
The only thing I would like to see would be a pilot vs titan segment. You can pick up anti-titan weapons in few places but you almost never get to use them.

Because you're basically the guy in this video

youtube.com/watch?v=zkAuaFLgo2w

I should know, Ronin is my Titanfu too.

I hear you guys love Tone.

look upon what you people have done and despair

I like Legion more.

That was what I thought the final boss would be.

Really I always think FPS' have weak final bosses.

Who's more broken, Legion or Tone?

My vote goes for Tone. Legion isn't that OP at all.

The fact that tones tracker missiles can nuke completely while doomed is absurd to the point that it still catches me off guard despite me knowing better.

despair about what?

>those tiny tiny arms

Did she get robot arms or is it just bad perspective?

But I can shoot and use ordnance with my controller at the same time, don't blame us.

Scorch primary is amazing with wildfire upgrade. Just time your shots and don't be afraid to close the distance.

DoT for days on titans and you roast pilots like thanksgiving turkey.

>get rodeo'd by a pilot with low profile
>kill him and get out of my titan to get my battery back
>my teammate slides through and picks up the battery right in front of me
>get back in my titan so he can get the boost for putting it back in
>he calls in his own titan

now that made me mad. thanks [RDDT]

>You lose a close game because of shitters

>get paid on the 15th
>debating to buy a PC key then or wait until black Friday to get an Xbone copy cheap

At least TF1 is still populated on Xbox.

Who else /northstar/ here? Absolutely killer once you know to play like a coward who relies on other titans. Best support.

apparently gravity star will suck in all of tone's core rockets. wonder how useful this would be in general gameplay? probably not much, but maybe if you see a friendly titan getting targetted it could be useful

the problem with buffing other titan's primary weapons or buffs in general is that the pilot vs titan gameplay is going to suffer greatly. it would become even more imbalanced if a team managed to get a titan/s down before the other did

I was once being fired at by a dude with a mastiff and fucked up my toss, and every shot he made at me was sucked up into the vacuum, swirling around like a mini galaxy, keeping me from death. Then I shot him. It was cool.

It'd be better if you could steer Tone's rockets by throwing the star at a certain angle to the salvo.
Imagine flipping the rockets back at Tone.

Can I actually run this smoothly at 1080p, even at low or minimum settings?
GPU is an overclocked HD7870, to be precise.

I'm an absolute poorfag and after saving for several weeks I might actually be able to buy this in a few days, but I need to know if my machine can actually run this, and google hasn't helped much.
I know I'm slightly above minimum specs but frankly I've no idea what the fuck that means, maybe it's just enough to run it at 30fps on 480p or maybe I can run this shit on ultra.

>only scored 120 points
>blames anyone but himself
git fast

Lets see your scores

120 was good in the first game, tf2 equivalent would be 200+

I dunno who you are Sweet Roller, but gg man. That was a fun match

straight to the rape dungeon

That's what I thought

Firestar is fucking filthy I love it.

How do you use it well? I've been using arc grenades pretty much the whole time I've played because they're so useful but I'm getting bored of them

>200

not once have i seen a person get that.

If you're in a building, throw it at doorways so your enemies can't go through. Any other time, throw it at titans, preferably at the cockpit. Sometimes you might want to throw it if you get caught goan fast but know you won't be able to shoot them in time.

>Throw it at an enemy titan
>kill a rodeoing pilot that's trying to give it a battery
>does a decent amount of damage to the titan itself
Replaced all my arc grenade loadouts from that point on.

groups of mobs

literally git gud

I've gotten 200+ a dozen times or so

>Regenerate
>Buy stuff for my class with the credits I saved
>Forgot to save enough to "buy" a faction
>Now stuck with the Marauder corps for a couple of levels
The Mozambique wasn't worth it

>I can kill shitty players

Congrats

But the frontier was worth every part of it, right?

Fuck bumper jumper. Unless you want to go slow, Evolved is the one true control scheme. Slide is way more important than melee.

>he CAN'T kill shitty players

I just meant make sure jump is a shoulder button. I always play "tactical" controls on games that allow it.

If I overlooked Evolved, I will surely switch to it.

Fair enough.
Evolved is Bumper Jumper and Tactical combined, you definitely need to switch.

Thanks for the heads up!

Learn to read

I want to keep playing but going up against 5/6 Tones every single game is sapping my will to play. Each one is such a chore to outplay and kill and even missing one laser crit as Ion spells death. Not to mention once the shield goes down the only option is to run. I'll come back once Respawn does something about this. There is obviously an imbalance when 90% of players choose to play one Titan. If I wasn't a stubborn fuckhead then I'd probably play her too.

>posts shitty game
>expects sympathy
>is surprised he doesnt get it

>all anons are the same
>posts average game
>expects people to be impressed
>too stupid to follow along

Lmao

>source engine game doesnt have native windowed fullscreen

Holy fuck why.

you should be OK. i have a similar system and i run it on medium at 1080p/60fps. the game is pretty well optimized, only problem is the large vram requirement. you wont be able to run textures over medium no matter what you tweak because of your 2gb vram vs the required 8gb

>haha I was only pretending to be retarded

I was not expecting any replies, you just made my evening. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.
I'll buy the game on Friday, see you guys then.

I want to fuck that anime girl's smug face.

it really does suck. its odd beacuse anytime i play last tone standing, my team is always playing a mixture of titans but the enemy team is always mostly tone or legion. i dont get it

-noborder -window

it does, theres some command you can add to the origin launcher to do it. not sure the command, but google it and youll find it

she'll let you but only if you regularly score about 200 points

Do one for Ion please

>using different loadouts for fun
>everyone else is always using smg's and tone

Man you really are too stupid to understand. Oh well.

>it's either wall devotion and tone
>or stim eva and tone
>or stim volt and tone
>or just tone
even tf1 meta had more shit

>122
Carry harder fggit

The game runs surprisingly well. I have an even weaker system and it runs fine on minimum.

>all I have is smug anime girls because I'm too stupid to understand a basic comment chain

Thanks for proving my point, friend

Im on a nvidia 460 with 1gb of Vram.

Im on all low at 1080p and I get near constant 60.

>can't carry
>can't even make a point on an anonymous Malaysian toe nail grooming board

>tfw can't get constant fps
>fps jumps from 140+ to 90
>v-sync adds input lag
save me

What does "regularly" mean?

Do I have to get 200 a set number a times before getting a blowjob or do I have to get multiple 200's during the blowjob? This is very important.

>he still thinks all anons are the same

Keep making a fool of yourself, please. I'm enjoying it.

Reposting my play because i am still jerking off to it.

user I'm calling (You) specifically, a piece of shit, slow ass, mediocre RDDT tier titanfall player

>being this fucking dumb

I love it

Trying to get Becomes the Master is infuriating.

I keep fucking up on the last guy and I feel so god damn stupid for it.

>being this fucking dumb and bad
I love it

you do realie hes not the user who posted the original screenshot right?

Of course he doesn't, you think someone with a 100 image "smug anime girl" folder isn't a complete retard?

Does the Titanfall 2 campaign unlock anything in MP?

Also is glitched MTN Dew Code user here who would be willing to throw like 5 my way?

I don't care who it is. They're both obviously shit

Why is everyone just jumping in place or walking?