/vag/ - Vanilla General

Announcement hype edition

>What's going on?

reddit.com/r/wowservers/comments/5bhill/the_birth_of_legacy_nostalrius_returns/

Everyone is waiting for nost2.0 which will be hosted by Valkyrie. We're currently waiting on server release.

>When is the release?

valkyrie-wow.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=22971

An announcement has been made on the valkyrie forums.

>OLD NOST PVP (Name: Nostalrius PVP)
will be released in a month. This has all your old level 60 chars for nostalgias sake.

>NEW NOST PVP (Name: Elysium PVP)
Brand new server, will be released 3 weeks after old nost.WE WILL BE ROLLING ON THIS SERVER !!!

>what faction are we rolling?

Most of us are going horde in
Some people are planning alliance in

----------------------------------------

>Leveling Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit

>Nos Pre-Bis
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=329725463

>Leveling Specs
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0

>Big Addon Pack
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vanilla-112-addons-download/

tags: nosg krog wpsg elyg world of warcraft

Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/VZ4EM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for fresh fags BTFO

First for grimlic is a degenerate retard

First for I'll make sure the Chinese problem is worse than ever before. Fuck you Pottu.

first for march 2017

WE LOSE

50k CHINESE WILL TRY TO PLAY NOST ON LAUNCH DAY

THE DREAM IS DEAD

CRESTFALL IT IS!!!!

Fresh fags will be stuck on Elysium while the superior breed of players gets to enjoy the game one month earlier on Nostalrius.

>Better scripting.
>Way less bugs.
>Less lag.
>Most of the chinks will be in the first server

yeah """btfo""" lmao!

Making a mage desu

OP here, read my post :). I made sure to cuck you oldcucks really hard :D enjoy playing alone (well except the occasional xiao).

The rest of Veeky Forums is gonna have a blast on the fresh server

Pottu isn't even a staff member you fucking idiot. Your ebin story didn't even happen.

>>Better scripting.
>>Way less bugs.
>>Less lag.
What are you even talking about, it's going to be the exact same server core with the only difference being content.

why did we never come up with /vag/ before? i love this

>he still thinks Veeky Forums will play on a chink infested server with a fucked up economy and no good levelling without getting ganked by t2 rogues

give it up ya bunch of cuckos, we're waiting on fresh nost :)

>implying thats bad

Oh shit I didn't even realize this. I'll let the Chinese fags know that all their old characters are coming back.

I'll be sure to tell them that the first server that isn't fresh had a bunch of English players give away their gold and they'll be looking to buy. Man, I wonder how many gold farmers we'll get this time?

he's a GM bro

Wouldnt Corecraft fold to a cease and desist instantly? Are we still supposed to be hyped about it?

Fuck off I'm not going with you serverhoppers fags again. I guarantee you homos will just jump ship to Crestfall the minute it release doing the whole 1-60 MC/Ony thing for a fourth time in a year.

Corecraft already folded

>vag
>what vanillafags will never, ever get
>just like nost 2

L M B O

You don't even speak Chinese, watching you try so hard is legitimately sad.

but crestfall is horrible

> making a general for something that's being released a month from now
Enjoy your slav run chink infested server.

>trying to shift his troll-mobile into second gear

How does paladin leveling feel?

>removing Nihilum raiding from OP
Jealous faggot.

sandpaper on your dickhead

slow but easy

Sorry, no dead guilds in the OP.

HAHAhahHAHhHAH jealous? JEALOUS?? JEALOUS???? ppfffttt HA you gotta be trolling what is there to be jelous of ??

>implying a guild can even be dead when there isn't even a server

I thought you were all quitting.

>dead guild

Reminder:

Old server will be called Nostalrius

New server will be called Elysium

Normies making new accounts will automatically pick Nostalrius not knowing wtf Elysium is. BTFO NEWFAGS

>wiping in BWL after this long

uhhhhh what the h*ck?

Just how i like it.

Give it up dude, all of Veeky Forums is waiting on new nost.

Tucker mate, are you going Horde or Alliance??

Not when Nostalrius is in half a year we aren't. Raiding beats dreaming about server launches atleast.

What server is the Veeky Forums guild or most people playing on?

I have pretty much always hated PvP but have absolutely 0 friends so i figure playing in the Veeky Forums guild is my best shot at having people to play with

I'll be rolling a priest

Good thing druidposting is over.

horde fresh

elysium. theres 1 or 2 desperate autists constantly shilling for nostalrius though because they put 150 days /played into their account and they want to show it off.

did someone say druids

so the fresh pvp realm?

Also are they seriously considering launching with just the Nostalrius server and not the PvE/Elysium fresh? It is going to crash in fucking seconds

Horde on the fresh server (elysium pvp). Some are rolling alliance tho. We're all in discord but i cant invite people...

yes

Oh well, if you figure it out i'd love to join the discord.

I'm glad we're going horde, but theres no fucking way i'm playing a fucking troll.

I'm new to vanilla so having people to ask questions to would be super helpful, plus if a warrior wants a priest to level with too

discord.gg/VZ4EM

Heres an invite to the ally discord to get you started atleast

Who /healsult/ here? Which are you leveling?

I thought this was a Nostalrius thread? Isn't that what blizz shut down?

NOSTALRIUS IS A CRIMINAL ORGANIZATION!

>Sweaty fat neckbeard goes to McDonald's and orders a McRib
>Manager: Sorry sir, we don't sell McRibs anymore.
>Fat neckbeard: FUCK YOU!! I WANT A MCRIB NOW!!!!! MAKE ME ONE NOW YOU FUCKING FAGGOT!!!
>Manager: Sorry sir I can't do that. I'm sure you can find something else on our menu.
>Fat neckbeard: "NO! FUCK YOU!! ASSHOLE!!!"
>Neckbeard waddles out of the store

Later that day:
>Neckbeard steals his mom's minivan and drives to the McDonald's McRib factory
>Breaks in and steals and eats several McRibs
>Calls his fat neckbeard friends and helps them break into the McRib factory as well
>Soon over 200,000 fat autistic neckbeards have broken into the McRib factory and stolen several McRibs
>McDonald's takes notice and tells them to leave
>Neckbeards and autists around the world cry foul at McDonald's for protecting their property while McDonald's ignores them and continues to make billions

Literal. Fucking. Theft.

Read the op. Its basically going to be a server running nosts core but under elysiums name.

shit time to pack it up

So, anyone who has chars on elysium will have them deleted?

the old nostalrius servers with your old nostalrius pvp and pve characters will come back as nostalrius pvp and pve, the fresh restart will be called elysium. all servers will be on elysiums realmlist though.

Dude the fresh server is coming out a month AFTER the launch of the old one. Its DOA, veterans will play on Nost, and new people will play on the first server thats up. Elysium will be dead (again).

Since there's no sticky that says how to set it up can someone direct me to a link/video or tell me how

i know its not open now but i'd like to know how before launch

Where did this pasta even come from? How did it eve get popular, seeing as how fucking stupid it is?

DELETE THIS

It's just the same faggor trying to start a meme.

and when the fresh server launches, all the new people and a big chunk of the veterans will hop over to the new server, and then thats the main server. all new players will play on the newest server so they can play current content.

the old nostalrius server is only there to not upset autistic veterans who cant handle change, just like how jagex still has a server for runescape classic up that has like 10 players online.

You literally just download a WoW 1.12.1 client and then when the server is released you change the realmlist file to whatever the servers page tells you to.

Also:
Is the Old PvP server opening with the AQ war effort? What about ZG? As much as I'd like to roll on the fresh start, I think I've done enough MC and would rather at least be able to do BWL/ZG.

Priest of course

>current content
What does that even mean?

It will launch with the war effort. ZG is already out.

here have a (You) for truth

>mfw newfags are going to fund our war effort before fucking off to get timeline locked into MC for three months

theres a fucking month gap?

What the fuck are we going to do in the meantime?

Nobody is going to roll on Elysium if Nost is up a month before, just as you cap and get decent gear you expect people to change servers and start over? If you cant transfer from Nost > Elysium Fresh then its fucking dead

>reddit army coming in with hundreds of "GUYS IT'S FREE STOP COMPLAINING OMG SO ENTITLED" comments

remind me never to go on that shit site again

i mean not being behind in gear 3 patches

>3-4 weeks in between server releases
>meaning every server release will be a gongshow for people making new characters.
These people are morons.

Kronos is up now and it has a lot of people leveling up, more than retail vanilla maybe even.
There is also that new server coming out...
why pick nost? caved immediately upon receiving a cease and desist the last time. They let chinese ruin the game. Blizzard already has nost in the crosshairs so if they get popular again blizz will come for them again and they will shit their pants again because they are so naive they wont see it coming.
fuck nost im out. enjoy your chinks and Veeky Forums guilds.

They are morons.

youre samefagging so fucking hard

>the old nostalrius server is only there to not upset autistic veterans who cant handle change, just like how jagex still has a server for runescape classic up that has like 10 players online

You realize how fucking retarded you sound and the irony in that statement right? LOOK AT WHAT YOU ARE DISCUSSING

Thats why i'm just going to play my old char. No point doing up to BWL again and getting shutdown.

>rolling fresh on the old server
found the error in your logic.

because valkyrie wow hasnt gotten slapped down in the 8 years its been run
also its in russia which copyright laws cant touch

>food analogy
Hello, Dobson!

There absolutely no way they would allow a transfer from Old Nost to Fresh Start. The gear is totally different.

Honestly after seeing them handle this server launch I would rather be playing on a different server. These are the people that Alexcucksual wants to give COMPLETE monopoly over the source code? Jesus fucking christ man the thought sends shivers down my spine.

I would play Kronos over this shit but the p2w is a bit much for me.

I'll probably roll on the fresh realm when it launches however many fucking months from now but I think I'm just going to hope for Crestfall. But the Crestfall guys are also doing cash shop bullshit and their team is way to small to do shit on the scale that I'm looking for.

We've been cucked into playing on this shitty server with chinks, SJW mods, and retarded devs.

can you at least explain your reasoning or not?

Valkyrie has been dead for the 8 years of its existence. I'm talking deader than Kronos when Nost was up dead.

question, if i replace vanilla character models with legion character models, is it possible to have any of the non-vanilla hairstyles present as well? even if i have to replace one of the originals with a new one?

are you not allowed to or something?

There's no way i'm waiting a fucking month with my thumb in my ass for the fresh server to come up if i have a choice about it.

you are complaining about "autistic veterans who cant handle change" while in a thread about a private server of a 10 year old game while point at runescapes classic servers as if they are any different

so basically your choices are roll on the server thats way further ahead on content and probably miss content, or wait a fucking month to start levelling from scratch?

Epic.

Does crestfall even have an estimated time of release or are they just pulling a corecraft (rip) on us?

Druid player here, ask me anything.

nobody is stopping you but everyone will switch to the fresh server when its up anyway, so if youre going balls to the walls 16hrs a day on the old server only to find out everyone is hopping to the new server thats your own fault.

Im aware, Ive been on and off private servers since 2007
My characters from a 2009 wotlk server are still around with a population about equal to valkyries and they got merged to current server like 4 years ago after the first one threw in the towel

Nope, thats just whats going to happen. If you haven't learned by now the Nost team really aren't great, and we put up with it because of the server pop and decent scripting. Content delays, bugs not being fixed for months, chink problem, shut the server down after the first C&D, and now they're not launching the new servers simultaneously.

Lock, Rogue, or Prot warrior for fresh meme?

Literally a beta end of December (was supposed to be out in the summer). They also just lost alot of their alpha testers who could care less about Crestfall now that Nost is back

So.
I'm a huge hipster who like to do stuff people dont do.

I played a Gnome Warrior on Elysium because it was the least popular race with Warrior.

So I'm tempted to not play Undead, once again, mostly because they are 50% of the horde and the zones will be overpopulated.

Should I go Priest or Warlock, and if so, on what race?

lock

Yes. I wish I could wait for the fresh start (even though it means 3-4 months of JUST molten core) but as it stands, I'll likely be making a new character on old nost.

I want to healslut as a NE priest but everyone wants dwarf for fear ward RIP.

more like

>sweaty fat neckbeard goes to a pizza place and orders a plain pepperoni pizza

>manager: sorry we dont serve the plain pepperoni pizza anymore. buy our new changed and souped up recipe comprised of half-cooked dough, anchovies and rabbit shit on it

>sweaty fat neckbeard: fuck you i want a pepperoni pizza. btw this old customer makes your old pizza and makes it with literally the same ingredients your shop did and gives it out to people for free it's great i want to pay your shop for your old recipe along with 150,000 other people. a lot more would buy it if you make it put it up for sale and you can always adjust production based on customers buying or even slash the product off the menu if it isnt successful. we want your old pizza back it's literally a win-win situation for your shop

>manager: fuck you i dont understand you're going to eat my shitty new recipe that TONS of people eat just because it's the only pizza place in town

>fat neckbeard waddles out of the store and goes and gets more pizza for free from the old customer and is happy with it