Tfw no secular Iran

>tfw no secular Iran
Feels bad man

Also is Esfahan as pretty as the pictures make it seem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DmQykiLNGmM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wonder, would Iran remain secular is Anglos and Burgers didn't depose Mossaddegh?

Definitely yes. The religion might have stayed a strong political component but they wouldn't be a theocracy.

It most definitely would have. Actually Iran throughout its history was never really orthodox. Alcohol, dance, and music was always a big part of thier culture.

And now Persian dance and music is being slowly eroded since the Islamic republic made it illegal
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Is dance and music really illegal in Iran? Isn't that Saudi Arabia?

I am not aware of any banning of music in Shia teachings. Hell, it isn't even illegal in Orthodox Islam, for example Ottomans forced the head of first Saudi State, which was a wahhabi to listen to lute before he was executed.

I predict Iran will be secular again within 20 years.

That's quite the prediction, what do you base it on? Is there a statistic evidence that newer generations are significantly less in favour of the regime? Would support for current government fall enough or status quo change with deaths that will follow in next 20 years?

It is technically illegal, but they don't enforce it unless you put it on the internet of advertise it publicly.

That's actually thier stand on a lot of things. For example, homosexuality. Unless you go into public and scream "I'm gay!" you won't get in trouble. I remember this journalist asked khamenai once about gays and he said, "We let them them do what they do behind closed doors"

I know this from an Iranian internet friend I have btw

>wanting a kaffir republic
Haram as fuck.

Actually, those laws only apply to western music and dance. Sufi dance and music is encouraged.

I wasn't aware about thier stance towards homosexuality. That's really interesting

>Is dance and music really illegal in Iran?
Dance is illegal. Music is obviously legal, and there's concerts in public. The only limit is that women aren't allowed to sing solo.
Then there's the religious music of course. The Shi'a Ashura "rave parties" are pretty cool. youtube.com/watch?v=DmQykiLNGmM

>tfw no secular Iran
What do you mean by secular?

>Is there a statistic evidence that newer generations are significantly less in favour of the regime?
Yes, obviously. Just look at the statistics for higher education and the massive brain drain they're experiencing. Contrary to what you might expect, educational standards have risen during the islamic republic, especially for women - pic related. The new generation of well-educated people, especially English-speaking, is drawn towards the Western culture and political doctrines and is bound to topple the government soon.

This is quite ironic, since basically the opposite thing is happening than during the monarchy - the shah tried to modernize the society but kept the population in the dark. People immigrated into the cities, but stayed basically illiterate. The forced unveiling of women without accompanying change of their social views led to most women staying at home and not getting education. Those people then supported Khomeini en masse - the Ashura celebrations in 1979 gathered like 10% of the population, and he was greeted at the Teheran airport by a crowd of 2-3 million people. The constitution referendum had like 95% in favour, although some groups like the communists obviously boycotted it.

The government then tried to keep the social order by educating people - if Iran was to survive against the entire world, it had to do without foreign advisors and with its own engineers, scientists, etc. By enforcing gender-separated schools, it allowed the conservative, rural people to send their daughters to school. Nowadays 60% of Iran's university students are women.

forgot the picture

How come Iran doesn't seem to have an issue educating girls, but you have the Taliban and Boko Haram flipping their shit over it?

>"muh secularization"..."fug religions"...
>Most appealing landmark is a mosque
There is a lapse in your thinking , Kaffir

Suni islam is less oppressive to educating women than wahabism and Shia in general.

>Ottomans forced the head of first Saudi State, which was a wahhabi to listen to lute before he was executed.

I really hope that that's true.

>Shi'a Ashura "rave parties"

Probably the dankest thing ever.

Does Iran really want to blow up is real and murica or is that just propaganda?

But Iran is mostly Shia

He had Shia and Sunni mixed up obviously.

>... no more than 1-1½% attend Friday prayers, and lots of those who do are dragooned into being there. Three years ago one cleric said that 73% of Iranians did not even say their daily prayers.[8]

>According to Zohreh Soleimani of the BBC, Iran has the lowest mosque attendance of any Muslim country; only 2% of adults attend Friday services.[9]

>Does Iran really want to blow up is real and murica or is that just propaganda?

America not really. Israel more so.

Iran is a legit state while Taliban are an armed group and Boko Haram is more a sect.

>shia rave parties

Lel thats dope as fuck

>I remember this journalist asked khamenai once about gays and he said, "We let them them do what they do behind closed doors"

By Sharia law you literally cannot convict people without either 4 male witnesses or a confession from the accused. So by law its very very difficult to convict people on stuff like this. Thankfully shitholes that use Sharia law dont need pesky things like rules and will just torture a confession out of you or just ignore the unqwanted parts of the law.

Muslims make some fucking awesome tunes.

The chechen Zikr is trippy as fuck

Can this thread be a reminder to how evil both Churchill (Anglo rat) and Eisenhower were?

USA were fooled to topple mossadegh by the britbongs. They told him that the soviets were on the verge of starting a communist revulotion and that mossadegh has a conncetion with it.

Even that is a stretch

>They told him that the soviets were on the verge of starting a communist revolution

sounds like another guy i know

wtf i love islam now

>a Wahabbi to listen to a lute before he was executed
based

Religious sites often make for great landmarks due to the appropriate amount of zeal, funding, and aesthetic appreciation that goes into them. Raw buildings of utility like a Department of Education or License Plate Distribution Center rarely receive such benefits.

If we lived in a better world the commoners wouldn't revolt when inspiring structures are built but muh tax dollars :^((( and we get the ugly brick buildings that depress our cities.

>Hell, it isn't even illegal in Orthodox Islam, for example Ottomans forced the head of first Saudi State, which was a wahhabi to listen to lute before he was executed.

I think the original founder went to Basra once and wanted to stone people for adultery, but the townspeople ran him out.

Wahhabis were a joke to most of the Muslim world back then, until they literally started slaughtering Sunni and Shia pilgrims.

The only thing that can save Iran is to accept some Russification and influx of Orthodox Christian missionaries. We are at a very bad point in our history where the USA, Saudi Arabia, and Israel may try to install the Islamic Marxist terrorist, People's Mujaheddin of Iran. We need to strengthen our ties with Russia and Putin both culturally and economically. This can also help us reconnect with our old brethren, the Ossetians.

Christianization can be a new epoch of Persian history, and it can allow Zoroastrian symbols to come back. Christianity is more tolerant of eclectic, pluralistic approaches compared to Islam, and I don't think the Orthodox Christians would have a problem acknowledge Zarathustra as being Christ worthy too.

>acknowledge
acknowledging*

>Islamic Marxist terrorist, People's Mujaheddin of Iran

Fucking what?

>it's real
FUCKING WHAT

this doesn't have anything to do with islam

its b/c they got off the west's globalist teet

>Christianity is more tolerant of eclectic, pluralistic approaches compared to Islam,

That's the one thing it is not. Zoroastrianism wouldn't exist at all if Iran had gone fully Christian.

>Zoroastrianism wouldn't exist at all if Iran had gone fully Christian.
Manichaeism is basically a Christianity that utilized Zoroastrian symbols considerably. Islam is heavily monotheistic, and it is not accepting of any form of henotheism whereas Christians are more open to it.

Shia is a bit better with its magical imams and so forth, but it is still bad in its obsession of avoiding any "idols".

What is wrong with idols? They pretty much defined Zoroastrianism.

Manichaeism is more buddhism inspired,no?

Yeah, they gassed our own people during the Iran-Iraq war, and now they are being funded by USA, Israel, and Saudi Arabia.

>Manichaeism is more buddhism inspired,no?
It is mostly Gnostic Christian. It is a mix of Zoroastrian, Buddhist, Hindu, and Christian views.

Honestly, it was better than traditional Zoroastrianism even. Mani respected Zarathustra's vision more than the charlatan Kartir Hangirpe, who was worse than Khomeini.

Christianity isn't open at all to henotheism, and a syncretic corruption of Christianity with Zoroastrianism would have made Medieval Christians absolutely flip their shit. There's a reason why no native pagan religions have survived in Europe, and why almost every Christian heresy was wiped out unless they had the direct support of a sovereign nation-state, whereas Zoroastrianism is still around.

>This can also help us reconnect with our old brethren, the Ossetians.
Dude, Ossetians look more like Circassians and Chechens than Iranians/Persians

>a syncretic corruption of Christianity with Zoroastrianism would have made Medieval Christians absolutely flip their shit.
Medieval Christianity is EUROPEAN Christianity. I am talking about Christianity of antiquity, pre-Augustine. Also, I think the Orthodox a bit more eclectic because they don't believe in Original Sin.

Look up Valentinianism. Another Gnostic sect that was unlike modern European Christianity. Also, don't forget all of Christian mystics like Meister Eckhart and Tauler.

>Christianity isn't open at all to henotheism
Catholicism is henotheistic. I had a source on this but lost it. Will try finding it.

>There's a reason why no native pagan religions have survived in Europe
That's because the Pagans were typically polytheistic.

I look like the guy on the left but with a stronger jawline. My parents also look nearly identical to the Ossetians in this pic.

chubek?

C H U B E K

still miss that guy

What?

Are you an Ossetian? Most Ossetians I've seen could pass as Chechens, Ingushetians, Kabardinians, Circassians etc. They probably mixed each other during the Alanian Kingdom, were Circassians lived in the West, Nakh people in East and Ossetians between them.

I don't give a shit about external appearance. Iranians are diverse looking, and I don't want to break ourselves up based off trivial nonsense. We are being threatened by the Saudis and GCC countries, Israelis, USA, and so forth (can't tell about Turkey or Pakistan). We can't afford to break ourselves up with nonsense.

No, I am Persian. We are diverse looking. Also, on second thought, I look like the guy on the left more, but I am as hairy as the guy on the right. They book look to have more similarities than differences, honestly.

>book
both*

Not really. They both look like completly different ethnicities. While the right one could pass as an Semite, the left one could go through as an East European.

Iran is a liberal country in the region where most of the people oppose the current government and leaders. They want change but are scared of violent extremist (religious) uprisings ! Iran and Afghanistan used to be similar to Europe , but as always religion corrupts the people and government.

Iranian tripfag on /int/. Pretty based guy desu

>While the right one could pass as an Semite, the left one could go through as an East European.
Are there autosomal DNA plots comparing Iranians to Ossetians. Forget haplogroup comparisons.

stop please stop

let an iran thread reach 100 posts without whiteposting

I'm just curious about how closely Ossetians, which are Iranian, plot to other Iranian ethnic groups in autosomal DNA PCA plots.

we've all seen the maps just stop

>we've all seen the maps just stop
I have not.

Iran's theocracy is killing itself. It's become a cult of the Ayatollahs. Disillusioning a lot of young Iranians who are living their lives indoors. Shia Islam isn't corroding in Iran, but the cult of personality around their religious leaders, the centralization of authority, is slowly losing its nascent grip on Iranian society. I expect the authority to continue for political reasons (as it is currently) but I'm not surprised many Iranians living overseas are often not very religious.

>Ottomans forced the head of first Saudi State, which was a wahhabi to listen to lute before he was executed.

Damn that's cold nigga.

Google Ottoman-Wahhabi wars.

>Zoroastrian Persia will never exist again
Just let me die.

If i recall correctly Zoroastrianism is one of the fastest growing religions in iran.

Fuck man at least it lives.

I feel bad as a westerner, we did this to Iran

I'm Zoroastrian; If this is life, I don't know what dying is like apparently.