/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: plailect.github.io/Guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo released 11.2. Updating is safe for RedNAND/a9lh users.
-New exploits that allow to downgrade from 11.1 are going to be released soon. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.
You can downgrade from 11.0, 11.1 and 11.2 with a hardmod or hacked system transfer. Check Plailect's guide.

>Wii U
-Preview version of hexFW released.
-haxci has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/447688/
-Stable CFW with RedNAND released. gbatemp.net/threads/446819/
-You can run games from USB without IOSU.

>Vita
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-More details on the 4.01 jailbreak. wololo.net/2016/10/26/details-surface-ps4-4-01-jailbreak-potentially-enough-public-release-soon/
-Rumor from a reputable warez group that hacks are coming soon. wololo.net/2016/11/02/ps4-xbox-one-hacks-trsi-announces-warez-getting-close/

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/
youtube.com/watch?v=nS5t1bB96s8
mega.nz/#!VZsDgDqJ!f1neeSK6juwyV2-hNcZKo5h9ZmNrH8OHjwbfrT41yQI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Where's the safest place to download Vita games?

Any way to save edit GBA games you install as a .cia on 3ds?

Is the only way to downgrade opening up your 3ds?

I really don't trust myself not fucking up

since the thread is moving i'll repost here

So I'm doing the downgrade, I system transfer, and for some reason the fieldrunners save didn't transfer. How do I get the save onto the new3ds? I made sure it worked beforehand

I don't know, but avoid the OP at all costs.

I don't have the answer either way but you really need to specify what you're downgrading from in order for people to give you relevant information.

Tell me about the new downgrade for 11.1

decrypt9

Unsupported QR code error when I scan on PKHeX to inject a Pokemon into Moon. What do? I'm on the latest version.

11.1 Old 3ds

When I follow the first guide I get taken to this gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/

Wii U a9lh when?

will allow dsiware downgrading without another 3ds that's pretty much it

Wii U doesn't run on ARM. Wait for Switch.

This. Fuck RedNand. But I guess chances are small because the Wii U barely has any games. But god damn would the Wii U a nice piece of hardware with a9lh. All these emulators in one console.

Copypasting from last thread.

My 3DS doesn't seem to work with internet access after updating my firmware and Luma a few days ago. I wanted to use freeshop but even though the light is on and the menu says I have internet, nothing that requires internet actually works.

Got a vita on 3.61. Do i update it? Looks like we're stick on 3.60 forever and no downgrade or exploit will likely come to 3.6X.

Which of the avaiable fw.img images allows me to use signature patches on sysNAND without needing emuNAND?

Id like to know if i turned my 3ds into a potato

I was trying to update to Luma and a9lh from Aureinand and in the process my sd card got corrupted. Also I didn't back up any of the data from the sd card.

Am i fucked?

I just want to boot into wii u piracy without a 64gb sd

Has ctr-httpwn been known to cause a 3DS to get stuck in sleep mode?
Or is it just a defect with my handheld that somehow never popped up until I started using ctr-httpwn while yellows8's server is down?

and why would you expect the switch to have the same exploit just based on the architecture anyway
Also, I think that the WiiU DOES have an ARM processor along with the main PPC one.

That's been possible for a few days now

how the fuck do i take screenshots in game on 3ds?

homebrew launcher has a screenshot manager

Not yet?

but that requires going to the homebrew channel and loading IOSU every single time

Well for now it's either that or nothing.

Pastebin, NTR.

haxchi and a VC DS game

Don't you still have to go to the homebrew launcher even with that?

Nope, you can auto-run CFW loader, even on boot if you're feeling lucky

My post in the last thread didn't get any replies. maybe because it was dying so I'll repost again in here.

I'm having a bit of an issue trying to hack my vita. I'm trying to get it from it current old firmware to 3.60 using QCMA. The issues I'm having however are that QCMA only goes up to 3.30 despite me trying to copy the 3.60 .PUP file into its update block and another is that my Vita wont connect via USB. My PC notifies me that my vita is requesting for a update check and something about an embedded xml file

>Wii U gets a proper, stable and working CFW
>you have access to literally all Nintendo consoles except 3DS
>you can use all controllers (even fucking loadiine already supports PS3 and 4 controllers)
>you can play on your TV or on that shitty tablet controller thing for portability

It would be glorious.

And it would be ironic how my most useless console which catched dust for years would turned to one I would probably use frequently.

Does the VC game have to be legit?

>tfw 3.80 ps3

>being this poor
and there's coldboot hax now

yes, obv.

So I can't install it with WUPInstaller?

What's with my 2DS asking me to automatically download an update recently? CFW (AL9H) or Nintendo?

nope

Nothing to do with being poor man. RedNand is a clusterfuck and more of a compromise solution than anything. Shit like a9lh feels much more complete and stable than a shitty Emunand.

IOSU bricks more easily, deal w/ it

So, I've got an issue with my 3ds where the motherboard is shot. I'm gonna send it into Nintendo, but with what I've got installed, the system doesn't turn on without the sd card in. I don't want to send it with the sd card because I've got a bunch of "pirated" games on it and I'm not sure what they would do with it then. What do I do? They're gonna try and fix it and it's not ever gonna boot up without the sd card

delete the pirated games

Yeah but the problem is the motherboard is shot and shorted out my power board I guess (this is what a local game shop told me) and the system won't turn on at all. So I can't get into it to do that

Ah kk, i use httpspawn to get field runners right?

yep

Think about it.

If it's completely shot, how the fuck are they going to be able to check if you have pirated games. The system is dead as shit. You're going to be fine sending it in.

Yeah I guess so. But the thing is, they're going to check it, aren't they? I'm just worried a bit about them fixing it, and finding the pirated stuff, although, I guess, what are they really going to do? Am I better off just sending it with the sd card on so the thing actually boots?

Also, I ripped off my c-nub and replaced it with a psp joystick. Should I take that off?

They won't repair it if a third party shop has opened it up. Also you can still read the SD card on computer.

if it's installed from freeshop, it's literally undetectable

Yep, just got off the phone with em. They won't take it. It's shit now.

On that note they should be $100 for Black Friday so I might just bite the bullet, miss the sumo release, and buy myself one of those. $5 more than a repair. I'm almost in favor of doing that

Question is, if I buy direct from Nintendo, will the system be on the latest firmware?

They are literally going to do the following:

>Try to turn it on, if doesn't turn on
>Open it up, check battery, super obvious stuff, if nothing
>Give you a new 3ds/3ds motherboard.

If it can't power on, they are not going to be able to see anything. They will have no way to check, and quite honestly won't give a flying fuck.

If I'm using an old 3DS XL with a 64GB SD card do I need to format it something other than FAT32? I googled around and only found the answer for a micro SD card.

Does bootntr 3.4 work on O3ds?

Would you also happen to know if I can do anything with my predicament?

lrn2fix it yourself, retard

thx

np, should be p. easy like replacing a voltage regulator or some shit

Does PS3 Proxy still work for Vita? On FW 3.57
youtube.com/watch?v=nS5t1bB96s8

I've tried everything and can't get QCMA to work at all.

and at that point you've got updated firmware with no a9lh anyway but it'll be refurb shit instead of a clean new one

I'm trying to get to 3.6, tried every solution available for qcma to no avail, just checking if the proxy server route would still work if anybody knows.

What's the deal with error 009-6106?

is pokemon sun/moon rom available on freeshop?

if not, where?

have a pepe as payment

You have to wait until the 18th. Until then, look at 3DSISO or some other place.

Recommend me a fun 3DS game that I probably wouldn't know about.

Stella Glow

Pokemon Moon

Fantasy life is pretty comfy, Tomodachi life is pretty neat for casual play occasionally as well.

there's this new game coming out soon, it's called "Pokemon Sun and Moon". You should look for a leak online and give it a shot. I hear it's pretty good.

>Also I didn't back up any of the data from the sd card.

Ever heard of super Mario 3d land? It's pretty tough to find I hear

Monster hunter generations, Pokémon mystery dungeon

new rorona plus

*007-6106

don't give me none of that indie shit senpai

I bet you're the Nu-Male™ devs shilling your own game that no one wants to play

Bootntr isn't working with my S&M anyone know why??

Here's comes user with the answers you're looking for.

Gurumin 3D: A Monstrous Adventure
Corpse Party
Conception 2
7th Dragon 3
Petit Novel series: Harvest December
Noitu Love Devolution
Attack of the Friday Monsters

That's pretty much it. They also happen to all be weeaboo trash of varying levels, as long as you're into that stuff

>Thanks to taiHEN, Adrenaline runs now through a custom IPL, thus Adrenaline is a real PSP CFW :D

no it fucking ain't, because it ain't released

Has Sun been leaked yet? Is it hidden somewhere in the pastbin because all I see is Moon.

also Chase: Cold Case Investigations

Yes.

Better to buy that so it actually gets turned into a proper game.

So what happened to that PS3 hack?

Did anyone manage to get some games running on 4.80?

It's the same. You have to format it with FAT32 fs.

Use 3.3 or 3.2

>buy an incomplete and overpriced game in the hope they do the next one properly

If you have A9LH already, you should update.

If I'm getting error 007-6106 when updating titles I actually own (pokemon Y, and for some reason mii plaza), should I just update via a cia and fbi?

the mega link for sun is dead, have to get it somewhere else

Its price is actually fairly standard for episodic shit, which it pretty much resembles. Also, if this game doesn't sell enough, you can bet your ass ArcSys won't let the Cing staff make anything else with them ever again.

Take a look at 3dsiso.

mega.nz/#!VZsDgDqJ!f1neeSK6juwyV2-hNcZKo5h9ZmNrH8OHjwbfrT41yQI

Sun

whoops, I was still using the link from the first /vp/ leak, will update it

So is there a downgrade for 11.2 3ds that doesnt involve hardmodding?

it's for the best
I weep when devs go under despite putting their best effort in and releasing a high quality product, not when they charge $3 per hour of content

Can I play PSM games like Cytus if I install that Taihenkaku thing?

Are you retarded? Read op

Dlc literally saved the face of gaming

Yes, DSiWare Downgrade. Although you need to purchase a game, and also need a second hacked 3DS.

Yes. There's the DSiWare downgrade method, but you need to system transfer from an already hacked 3DS.