> Play Demo Day 11
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-11

> Play Halloween Jam 2016
itch.io/jam/agdg-halloween-jam-2016

> Next Jam (Dino)
itch.io/jam/agdg-dinosaur-jam

> Helpful links
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg
AGDG Logo: pastebin.com/iafqz627 (embed)

> Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/i0W2tVRS (embed)

> Previous Jams
pastebin.com/qRHNpCbZ (embed)

> Engines
GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
Godot: godotengine.org
Haxe: haxeflixel.com
LÖVE: love2d.org
UE4: unrealengine.com
Unity: unity3d.com

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org
blender-models.com
mayang.com/textures

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdz0nFLuGKsDE7sssvZGEvP6GWZq0zLcH1yuvHw7dfeUCNk_A/viewform
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for waifus

What kind of idiot makes those jams?
Why do you think they are such failures? Because they are too fucking long, nobody wants to work on a throwaway project for two weeks. Make them no more than 48 hours and they will be packed.

>Just give up edition

well ain't that enticing?

This is you. This is literally your """work""". LMAOing at your life. :)

Hoping this thread is better than the last one.

>just give up edition

you don't have to work on it for 2 weeks

just wait till the last 48 hours and start working on your jam game.

You can include "made in 48 hours" in the description, too.

>someone actually made that and posted it here

I cannot draw worth half a shit.

How do I make art? Should I stick to models?

This is so bad it made Veeky Forums hiccup. That's how destructive source is to this general.

No that is retarded, then you be competing against games with two weeks of work in them. Stop making excuses the jam author is an idiot.

>competing
Oh so you're one of those. Kill yourself.

kys yourself buddy.

any unreal engine 4 niggas here

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdz0nFLuGKsDE7sssvZGEvP6GWZq0zLcH1yuvHw7dfeUCNk_A/viewform

Reminder to tell agdg about yourself.

no but will consider it for next project. how is it?

Practice
Try to achieve a style that is simple and functional

at least it's better than unity/10

I really need a game idea. Somebody help, please!

is it fast to get things working?

Wondering the same thing. Been reading up on it. Coming from a strong C++ background.

It's great. I was an experienced C++ dev but only had basic game dev experience before starting

also, chinese moot should just take the entire server offline if he's not gonna let us post at night anymore

A question. I never had to interface with a component-oriented design but I'll ask you.

Say you wanted to make a tile-based game. Something like the latest pokemon 3ds games or animal crossing when its top-down-ish but 3d.
How would you organize such a structure in unreal engine? Would you make 1 "World" game object that has a bunch of instanced renderers or would you create a full game object at every tile? How would an "actor" query information from the tile world? Is UE4 "Friendly" with the implementation of some kind of scripting/dialog markup language?

if you know c++ it's great
I use exclusiely blueprints tho
it's so much easier than intergrating .cpp files
Anyone with strong knowledge of basic programming concepts can get a game together in ue4 using exclusively blueprints

>missed circus discussion
fugg

I should put swarm missiles in.

You'd probably be fine doing something as simple as just making 1 actor == 1 tile, and arranging the tiles however you want, unless your levels get really huge. Then you just make a blueprint for every tile type you want so they're reusable. That's what I'd start with as my idea, at least.

UE4 doesn't have any native dialog system, but I think there is something on the marketplace. I wrote my own basic linear dialog system (no branching/looping). It does have easy built-in support for localization.

>still not /adgd/

Holy shit stop fuckking this up

First set of cover animations completed

What kind of game is this going to be? Metroidvania?

>shooting sideways

>What is blind fire

>itano circus

keep up the gangsta game my nig

>implying that looking down the sites at what you're shooting is blind fire

looks good I'll have to give it a go now that it has a GNU/Linux version

So has anyone implimented a stack based input system before?

input -> inputhandler.stack_push(input)

>Shooting over cover while not aiming down the sights
>Anything but blind fire
stay stoopid son

Does this T-Rex look okay?

No. Potential victims needs to be warned in time to stay out of this life sucking shithole.

I really don't understand the game jam mentality. "I'll make this low effort peace of shit that almost nobody will play and will be forgotten immediately because . . . "

Because why? It makes zero sense. That two weeks you spent making a shit game could have been two weeks you spent working on an actually good game, or practicing your skills, or learning a new thing. I suppose those last two points are why many people do make game jams, and some public fags like notch seemed to imply that "jam communities" are helpful/useful somehow but I'm still not seeing it.

Somebody redpill me on why making jam games is good.

jam games are basically a licence to make shitty unpolished prototype and expose it to the public
it is a lottery where you can get lucky your protoype gets traction and lots of attentiton and then all you have to do i continue to develop it and rake in the money, and if nobody likes it just write it off as a short two weeks or so of work on a dead end
better than working 3 years on a some big game and then have it fail wasting 3 years

Because it's fun. You don't need anything else.

working on getting realistic bullet trajectories into my mech game. Having to adjust sigh elevation and other simulationist micromanaging shit will be offset by very high lethality.

what happened to making an actually good demo tho

toby fox and i'm sure some other games did this

>Having to adjust sight elevation
Wow, that's some low tech mech

roof roof

You called?

It looks like a crippled rat

Hidden Progress!

Cover Boxes now generate correct, and will not generate on top each other. Additionally, when requesting locations to move to the AI will not go to a location already filled by another AI, or location that another AI is heading to. They also will not move into a position that's visible by an enemy

Theres more stuff, like the fact that I'll never have to touch cover system agains because it's automatic, and I now have a nested FSM for combat AI, but like most of the other progress it's all pretty much behind the hood.

The difficulty of all of this comes from the fact that I have to make the AI map agnostic, and able to completely adapt to new terrain.

A map with no cover at all, a map that's basically a maze, a normal town, a procedural town, a map that consists of one large building, diffcult for sure but worth it in the long run

Next I'm going to work on the Faction manager which will tell AI's which troops are enemies/allies

For some reason no-one questioned the point of the jams when Lewd Jam was coming
really makes you think...

Because you'll get something finished, unlike your game you've been working on for 2 years already and is not even 50% complete yet.

are you making a school shooter sim?

How's this brontosaurus then?

n-no

it's cute

does this new enemy look fun?

ok

Neat

They look fine

but why would you shoot the green slime if you knew enemies were going come out?

>mixels

they're going to be slow moving enemy that can do big damage to the wall also going to give them a chance to drop stuff

Looks nice.

Needs more POP and SHOOM not just pffffft.

Finally fixed that stupid bug where you could slide through walls
And now I'm laughing at myself
I had placed 4 points in the tile's edge collider assuming the fourth would connect to the first for some reason
Sliding just made the hurtbox small enough to fit inside the tiles
After all these tests and googling to see if it was because I was shrinking it using the animator instead of scripting, and if it would happen if I didn't reset the velocity every frame, etc.
I'm a fucking idiot

This is the limit of my artistic abilities.

What kind of game should I make with this?

point and click on newgrounds

NEET Dino man fights his fears of the outside world.

It has charm

Make a surreal, unsettling game like Funny Pizza Land or Off

I drew some cacti for my brown desert.

Damn that looks really nice.

Those games are fucking trash.

They're trash because they ride on how weird they are alone, they don't care about gameplay, if someone made one such game that also had good gameplay then it'd be a good game. Simple as that.

just keep making these images and posting them

Trash art makes trash games user.

Funny Pizza Land is basically a meme game but OFF is pretty good. The ending was a bit anticlimactic but the atmosphere throughout was really cool. 99% because of the music, but also because of the surreal art style.

y tho

i have a penis

It's agdg. he's obviously gonna use them.

Progress from the past week:

-Added sound effects for most things
-Started building the overworld desert
-Drew buildings, cacti, different forms of sand
-Added Dunes that affects movement (simulating going up and down), will probably remove since it's too much of a headache making the AI act accordingly, bullets getting stuck etc
-finetuned the shooting
-added recoil, shells and dropshadow.

Next is probably doing some sort of crafting for making upgrades and buying skills for your dog. After that the basic game is done.

kill and eat the doggo

do u have no heart

i will once the game has story and gets me attatched to the doggo
till then kill and eat him user

>tfw your dream is to make a living as a small time game dev but you are a failure instead
;_;

Enough for now, I have to make like 15 more plus animating them all. Somebody shoot me.

dino racer?

Nope, dino matching game. Though a dino racer sounds really cool.

the time it took you to write this retarded comment you could have gone to youtube and watched a tutorial on gamemaker or clickteam fusion and start making games.

it would probably fall flat on its face as it stands now

Nice, better than T-rex

looks good

hold button to erase world.

?

>you will never be unbirthed and rebirthed by a dinosaur.

spicy opinion inc:

Your game is fluid and works well mechanically, does everything you would expect this type of game to do, but it also feels soulless and without any actual overall theme/goal - something you'd make at a 9-5 job, which you want to keep because it pays well rather than because you want to.

Damn, that's rough.

Scalefag pls go