/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, November 13th:
1914 – Zaian War: Berber tribesmen inflict the heaviest defeat of French forces in Morocco at the Battle of El Herri.
1940 – Walt Disney's animated musical film Fantasia is first released, on the first night of a roadshow at New York's Broadway Theatre.
1941 – World War II: The aircraft carrier HMS Ark Royal is torpedoed by U-81, sinking the following day.
1942 – World War II: Naval Battle of Guadalcanal: U.S. and Japanese ships engage in an intense, close-quarters surface naval engagement during the Guadalcanal Campaign.
1947 – The Soviet Union completes development of the AK-47, one of the first proper assault rifles.

>News
EU4 DD 08/11
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-8th-of-november-2016.980828/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6 - 15/09/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tlI022aUWQQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Based

The new eu4 fort system sucks.

I don't really feel like playing any particular game but I don't want to do anything other than play games

Where are you dedalus I need you

McFucking kill yourself

keep getting a black screen every time i open ck2 and try to play with HIP installed, what do

uninstall.exe

>supply limit 7

xD

LOL

anyone know of any victoria 2 youtubers who do very challenging playthroughs?

arumba. he actually did a successfull prussian germany run.

SOMEONE SCREENCAP THIS I'M LITERALLY DYING

t. Arumba

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

fuck this reminds me of old Veeky Forums. we need more posts like this.

add me in the screencap

perfect posts do not exi-

nice post

>tfw want to post AAR but gsg too dead to care

iktf

just post it lad. we're all here

Just post it you fuck.

brilliant user
well done sir

a lot of (you)'s for a shitpost

Spending my Sunday night on autism.

It's comfy to map paint though.

>getting this mad over a low quality shitpost
Lmao, buttdestroyed forever

what the FUCK is that

White

It's lit

I wanted to reply but I didn't know what layer of irony everyone else is on here so I didn't know if I would fit in with the spirit of this meme. But then I thought I would just tell you all that thinking, and thus this post was borned kaksoispiste de de de de de

Tabletop /gsg/. Why play these shitty games when you have paint.exe?

What are the Red and Green blobs in France/Spain?

Imagination.

EPIC

>Alright lets try this Manchuria campaign
>1% Literacy

Why are chinks so dumb?

vidun homo :DdDddD

>manchurians
>chinks
bureaucrats faggot

?

Manchurians arent chinks they're closer to native americans.

increase bureaucrats to raise your literacy quickly

Well it's not an AAR as such.

Johan wants to create Believable Worlds, right?
I am thinking of doing a project to create an alternate Believable World.

Not like an alt history where Napoleon won or Hitler died in WW2, I mean a fully fledged, artificial world with its own history and geography. And it will be as autistic as it gets, I will start with tectonic plates to determine continents (with /gsg/'s input of course), then place accurate climate zones and biomes on it. And continue until we come up with an accurate starting position in 4000 BC. From there it's more fiction than fact.

This can all be done with photoshop, with different layers for different 'mapmodes', hiding the unused ones. And changing the transparency can have 2 at once.

I made a flowchart for Phase 1.
>Phase 1: Pre-human history, creation of world, creation of basic culture groups influenced by race and geography. Ends at the first cities ~3000BC and first nations.
>Phase 2: Ancient Era, the spread of basic technology (like the wheel) and cultures more defined. Ends at point, roughly ~500AD, where at least one continent is 90% civilised.
>Phase 3: History. From here on it's a simulation of wars, empires, people, religion, dynasties. Ends at current year. The Believable World is finally finished.

If people are interested I will be constantly taking and adding ideas from other people. It is collaborative.

>Manchurians arent chinks they're closer to native americans.

This sounds more like a quests board thing, to be honest laddo

This is the only part of your project I will find appealing.

Also, this is just Civ.

This sounds interesting and all, too bad I'm an uncreative fuck.

sounds nice

ayo ayo hol' up, holmgardr was always norse land, the slav shits just stole our lands, the first man to build holmgardr was aryan, this da proofs, donate mo money fo' dem welfare programs...

Quality shitpost

i'd be interested to participate

kys youself my fellow mememan

I would rather post it on /gsg/ because I frequent this place and not any other board (except Veeky Forums). And maybe someone will want to make a mod out of it.

Also because I might take a couple of days breaks so the thread will die, but here, regulars will know what is happening like when HPM guy posts. On /qst/ everyone will be new and not know what it is, also I don't like the pressure.

That is not an issue you can still help, most of history is very logical. For example the Europeans and Middle Easterns had access to more tin and copper than anywhere else in the world so naturally they learned how to smelt and forge before asia and america.

Wow, racist much?

please dont base your history on this meme

This is annoying. I BTFOd the Red Duke so hard he became my friend, so I invited him to my court since his new vampire liege hated him and made him the duke of Aquitaine. Now everyone in my court is trying to hunt him down but dying in the process since he has like 40 martial and 14 combat skill.

Get used to it, this is how things will be under Drumpfs America

I've read it actually. And it seemed quite accurate but obviously it is very ambiguous. I would not interpret it as 100% fact.

Why is it a meme?

Also do I need a trip if I start posting?

R8 my plan me laddym8aroonies.

>Also do I need a trip if I start posting?
no
It's a meme because it assumes blacks and whites are equal, wich isnt true
t. /pol/pro

>it assumes blacks and whites are equal,
I haven't read it because I can't read, what does it say about this?

It's shit
1. you assume Britain will actually do anything besides stay on their island
2. Prussia will just steamroll you as Britain will do nothing if they declared war to sphere you
France would be better to partner with since they're on land and can fight Prussia with you.

It doesn't say shit, thats the thing. It doesnt say "oh yeah blacks evolved in a climate that didnt favour more intelligence, so they're less intelligent now".

This. Never trust nefarious Albion

>climate makes people smart and dumb lol dont go on vacation or you'll become stupid
I want this meme to die. Explain Boers and white Australians.

Sounds fun. Do it

>It's a meme because it assumes blacks and whites are equal, wich isnt true

Culturally yes, but in 100,000BC a white tribe and a black tribe would have been equal. The differences arose when civilisation and culture appeared.

The climates that black people lived in did not permit the levels of animal domestication and farming found in europe or asia, as well as a lack of raw basic resources like copper or tin. So they had a handicap from the beginning.

And I think that if it proves a popular idea I will take up a trip so people know who to send ideas to.

>Explain Boers and white Australians
they didn't live there for thousands of years, they migrated there less than 500 years ago

Explain Indians that lived in temperate climates.

i didnt meant temperature you stupid ass, should i have said biome or something like that? sorry

o-oh

I thought that Britain would act as a deterrent rather than an ally. Britain consistently has the top military score and the AI really doesn't like anyone with a military score higher than theirs. In comparison, France's military score is not only lower but they consistently lose in wars against Prussia, making them no more useful than Belgium.

zebras are domesticable though)))

dident the Indians come from siberia and kill all of the natives there?

>you stupid ass
>sorry
Veeky Forums's biome must be pretty shit.

Literally all animals are domesticatable, you just need to exclude the cubs from the parents so that their only interactions are with humans and breed out the aggressive genes. I mean, look how well this worked in Australia with the Aborigines.

theres a CGP grey video that explains why they aren't.

Anyone have a link to a mega.nz/dropbox for all of EUIV's DLC ? I already have the newest activator

Apparently switching to the open beta manually resets your DLC folder. Good to know

>CGP grey
youtube.com/watch?v=tlI022aUWQQ

While NGF will fuck France up, If you ally with France than the NGF won't form and France is slightly more poweful than normal Prussia. Russia and Austria are useless tb-h and only serve to run up Prussia's warscore.

That sounds neat, I wouldn't mind helping. When do you plan on starting?

>CGP grey
>"waah the electoral college is a shitty system LA and New York alone should decide the election, what? No, this isn't about Drumpf winning, why would you think that?"

CGP Grey absolutely BTFO!!!!

tparadoxplaza

hey guys im having trouble geting the game to run with the new update
everytime i try running the game it just gives me pic related

can anyone help?

It's a meme because Jared Diamond isn't a real historian--nor a virologist--and doesn't know anything he argues for certain. The book is $100 pop-history, and most legit historians twitch violently whenever it's mentioned.

t.cgpgrey

>get event as Manchuria where Qing demand I give up my northern provinces or face getting spitroasted by them and Russia
>say "Eh, fuck them"
>they dont attack
>dont have to be a vassal

Nice

reinstall.exe

Wait, are capitalists supposed to be allowed to build foreign factories?

/mbg/ fag here. Sorry if it's a cancer question, but is there any grand strategy game for android?

CIV VI

Ok, just fired up this old guy, any advice? i want to colonize but also unite the (western) arabs

>(western) arabs
>eu4
>not simply calling them what they are, maghrebis, because you're too fucking stupid to know about anything
Why the fuck do you parasitic vermin come here? You KNOW your fucking home is /r/paradoxplaza so why the fuck can't you go back home?

Now that's my kind of candidate

Were I you I'd jump on Portugal as soon as I could, since England is going to be tied up with France at the moment. Spend the interim fabricating claims on your neighbors and trying to get an alliance with the Mamluks (they'll be more helpful for you at first than the Ottomans will). Once you've reclaimed the Portuguese outpost, fuck up Tlemcen (so long as they're not allied to the Mamluks or Tunis you should be fine). After that, it really depends upon who Tunis allies with. If they ally Ottomans or Mamluks, which is likely, you're kinda fucked. You'll need to do your best to conquer Mzab/Touggourt/Djerid while you wait for an opening, which I suspect will probably come only when the Ottomans attack the Mamluks.

what's the pic from

Yeah, but they never do it.