/brg/ - Battlerite General

Childhood is when you idolize Ashka. Adulthood is when you realize Ezmo makes more sense.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/504370
steamcommunity.com/games/504370/announcements/
battlerite.gamepedia.com/Battlerite_Wiki
masterbattlerite.com/
discord.gg/kPmykeU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ded

I've been watching teldos channel about this game and it's piqued my interest after not feeling like putting up with dota or league. I have some quick FAQ worthy questions if you didn't abandon your skeleton thread.

>Average match length?
>Coming from GW2 and DOtA what is my learning curve
>Lewds?
Also your opener needs to look more like an opener my dude get some links in there and collect art to bump your thread with. Come Senpai step it up.

>Sempai*
Based mobile posting.

>8ish minutes
>very low
>not enough, but great waifu potential

>match length
can be anywhere between 4 minutes to 15 max, if it goes to a 5th round and every pre-round is dragged out and every round goes to sudden death

>learning curve
honestly the knowledge barrier is minimal compared to those games, for better or worse. most of the difficulty is through execution and proper reaction.

>lewds
there's not much :'(

>What is Battlerite?
Battlerite is a PvP skillshot-based team arena game, similar to WoW Arena. It is made as the successor to Bloodline Champions, and is currently in Early Access. Release date slated at early 2017.

>INFORMATION
Store Page: store.steampowered.com/app/504370
Official News: steamcommunity.com/games/504370/announcements/
Official Wiki: battlerite.gamepedia.com/Battlerite_Wiki
Statistics: masterbattlerite.com/

>I want to donate my mmr to /brg/
discord.gg/kPmykeU

>learning curve?

Once you learn the basics, there's miles of unbalanced, exploitable bullshit that makes the game unfun to play in a serious match.
it's a lot better of a game in 3v3, but nobody plays that mode because casuals enjoy 2v2 more.

What's the average waiting time in both 2v2 and 3v3?

i only play standard 3v3 and id say average is about 30s-45s. i usually just browse Veeky Forums while it searches

What is the minimum grade that is considered respectable for /brg/?

Is 11 respectable?

The minimum acceptable grade here is G25 100% winrate on all champions. I'm sorry, but you'll have to leave.

Grade really doesn't matter, since 3s and 2s share a rating, especially when there's also no separate rating for premade teams and solo queue.

Just focus on getting better and don't think some arbitrary number assigned to you is an indication of your actual talent as a player.

>30s-45s
So less than a minute?

when someone said 3v3 was dead I was expecting +5min of waiting or something.

>there are people on reddit who seriously think jumong is fine

it really depends

The other day, I was queuing up for ranked 3v3 at roughly 1 am EST on a weekday, and I was queuing up as ranged (the most popular role). It took me roughly 4 minutes or so to find a game. But if I queue as support for standard (i.e. unranked) 2v2 or 3v3 (i.e. willing to play in either one) at peak hours, it literally takes less than 5 seconds to find a game.

2v2 is a couple of seconds, sometimes less than 10.

3v3 can be over 10 minutes.

>2v2 fags think 2v2 is fine

Jumong is fine in 3's. Again, 2's does not work for this game. It never will. The moment you try to balance and adjust the game for 2's, it will be nothing like bloodline champions.
Literally everyone bitching about Jumong is a 2's fag.

He's still a bit overpowered in 3s, he's not completely oppressive 'why pick anyone else' status, but then again one of the biggest problem with 2s is that it just makes the strong characters stronger and the weak characters that much weaker.

Except 2s is what draws casuals in, and is what has the most staying power among new players

Regardless of if 3s is better, more players are going to play 2s, and if you expect the game to grow big enough that 3s can be a solid and populous game mode, you can't have a champion that fucking breaks the queue that all of your new players are going to try and play

not him, but the game shouldn't be balanced around the least skilled, least experienced, least dedicated players.
pic related, it sums up all past, present, and future problems ahead.

I don't think ranked 2v2 should even be a thing, because then these new players will think, "oh 2v2 is the main mode of BR," which is untrue.
The game was fundamentally made around 3v3, and somewhat balanced around 3v3. New players like 2v2 because it's forgiving.

I don't have an issue with that. But ranked matchmaking is for people who care about winning, and trying their hardest, and want a fair, balanced experience. 2v2 can NEVER offer that, you hear me? NEVER. Yet, the new players like the game, then they say "oh hey let me try out ranked and see how good I am," and then they see what an unbalanced piece of garbage that mode really is.

The issue is that those are the players that are going to make the most money for SLS, so of course they're going to cater to them, and that's going to include certain balance changes

Pulling numbers out of my ass, but if 90% of the playerbase (which is reasonably evidenced by both the queues and which streams are popular) prefer 2s, then the 10% of players that strongly prefer 3s aren't going to sustain the game. They aren't even going to come close. The whole shitshow in League is that despite being able to play normals with friends, babby modes wanted to be able to fuck around in ranked with their work buddies despite having a perfectly good queue made just for them.

Despite the fact that 2s players could easily play unranked 2s, they're going to complain and SLS's revenue is going to be impacted if that queue is broken and unenjoyable, especially if the option is removed. They can't ignore balancing that mode or it will effect the long term survivability of the game. It's a lot easier to convince a single buddy to come play BR with you than it is to convince several, and that's going to appeal to newer players, but only if the game remains enjoyable

w-what if i wanna play with anons instead of complaining about the game non-stop?

you could join the discord i guess, though it's not exactly lively

there's a leddit discord that has more people, but expect it to be a safe space before you step in

Yo, played this game yesterday at a friend's place and found it pretty fun. I stomped shit with Shifu and Ezmo.

Thinking on buying it when I get my paycheck, until then is BLC a decent replacement?

If you like playing against bots, sure
real people no

Can you still change your text color in chat by using the bracket codes or w/e?

Nerf Jumongs M1s. This is fucking retarded. Cant dodge it, cant trade with him. He just iframes all day and then shoots Black Arrow while fucking dodging and deals over 30dmg from EVADING an attack. Fuck this mongoloid character. At least Iva will hardly ever hit all her bullets unless shes melee range, but this aids character always gets 16, with every fucking shot he makes.

>Jumong is fine in 3's.
No he isnt. Get the fuck out of this general Verosk you FOTM picking piece of shit and stop pushing this goddamn agenda that every char you play in balanced or even underpowered. His entire design makes no fucking sense. You evade something, deal damage and dont even give up positional advantage for it. That is by the dumbest skill design I have ever seen. There is literally no risk reward to that ability and you can just trade and trade and trade by spamming m1. People who unironically argue that the character NEEDS to spam all his outs so that he can deal damage and win trades are fucking retarded.

git gud

>2v2 is more forgiving when there is 1 people to pick up slack if you fuck up

anyone use synergy for varesh? the benefits seems pretty good but using shatter gets rid of the debuff so it seems iffy

>community split
No one plays 3s. The community isnt being split yet. People are playing 2s or quit the game. There is no 3s meta, there are no actual 3s teams. 3s, in the games current state, is a dead bracket because no one bothers with it.

synergy is like one of his best brites, it lets you refresh judgement with m1

I'm don't have access to the tester discord, so I can't be whoever he is.

Jumong isn't nearly as much of an issue in 3v3 simply because mobility isn't as strong. Even if he side steps, his two teammates are still stuck there.
2v2, Jumong can just kite over and over, but in 3v3 kiting itself is just not as useful, and thus Jumong is much easier to beat.

2v2 is entirely, and I mean ENTIRELY, focused around running away and making your opponent waste abilities. i-frames, counters, and whatever bullshit you want to just run away when your opponent does something. And because no one is going to waste their abilities, Jumong can out range everyone, and he also has high damage. so of course he's going to do well, but none of that shit matters in the actually BLC mode, 3v3.

It is forgiving. Diving someone without your teammates or leaving your teammates alone does not punish you. It simply doesn't.
I'm not worried about my sirius, ever, who can just run away, use petrify, and counter if he needs to. messing up the basics of BLC/BR doesn't penalize you in 2v2, stop pretending like it does.

Anyone remotely skilled and experienced with the game has, as you've said, stopped playing.
And now we have a bunch of 2v2 fags who are angry when the game is shit at a more competitive, skilled level.

Game is a casual game and obviously being made as such. If you give a shit about the game being "hardcore" and skill based then you're not the target audience. Go check out a fighting game but I guess then you'd actually have to work towards gitting gud.

if you don't care about playing the game and doing well at it, go play minecraft or something.

like I honestly cannot understand this autism

what is the point of having multiple battlerite choices if they're meaningless? The whole benefit to having a choice is removed if your choices are great/garbage/garbage

>go check out a fighting game
>SFV not being THE CASUAL GAME in existence

If it's not deep enough(Let's not kid ourselves, you're playing MOBAs) for you then pick a more complex one? Not my fault it's the only one you know the name of.

i like how the people who don't win are the ones who proclaim what takes skill and what doesn't.

shitters don't get to talk.

What takes skill:
Not this game
What doesnt take skill:
This game

not hard to figure out even if you're a super smart pro mobagamer.

lol, keep telling yourself that as you play standard 2v2

you don't win against the winners, so no one takes your opinion seriously.

again, go play minecraft, it's an award winning game made for children just like you

anyone watching the 3's tourney?

Must be easy to win in a queue that gets a single match every 10 minutes.

Fighting games are a shit example unless you wanna play a dead game because SFV is the exact opposite of a deep and enthralling game.

The point of the battlerite system is solely so they can add a checkmark next to the word "progression" on their list of marketing points that their shareholders want.

If it was actually about builds and reactive strategies then we would have a pool and choose 5 per round.

As it is now it just makes you play a gimped version of a character for 3-4 rounds with no possibility for changing your build based on your opponents because half the battlerites require a previous one to really be worthwhile. And even then the battlerites provided don't drastically change your game plan so the change in strategy is minimal at best.

shitters don't get to talk.

I mean you're right, but I'm still going to advocate fixes

Shitters dont get to talk, but pros dont get to play? IDK sounds like you're still not the target market.

>not the target market

nice shifting of the goalposts. You're a trash player so you fallback on saying, "well at least SLS listens to whiny faggots like me!!"

>nice shifting of the goalposts
How's it shifting the goal posts when it was literally what I said in my first post

PRO-BATTLERITE READING COMPREHENSION

keep shifting, shitter.

im replying last to ensure i won

won what? you make excuses for yourself why you suck at the game, and then complain when others want the game to be better.

thats all there is to it.

im doing it again

Hows the population of BR? Will it ever go ftp like other mobas?

Yeah it's going f2p start of next year

>what is smash bros melee
there's no other choice if you want a challenging fighting game where skill > mechanics

>what is smash bros melee
Not a fighting game.

elaborate

Why is Jade still fucking broken? Using any ability should make her visible, and some cooldowns need increased. She has too good of a kit for such short CDs

>jade broken
>avatar.jpg

if you can link your masterbattlerite and prove you're g13+ i'll buy you the fan pack of the game

BR is fun, but also really shallow.

The basic arena brawler formula stunlock has is good and polished, but you essentially do the same thing over and over again until you get bored. Doesn't help that the maps are all the same either.

Regardless if they balance around 2s or 3s, I don't see people sticking around too much simply because they'll just get bored of the formulaic matches.

At higher tiers it all comes down to learning how to hit/not hit counters and controlling mid. You get a friend and you're able to do the most basic skill combos on people who get baited out of their escape abilities and invulnerability frames and you win.

the game is only as hard as your opponent. If you want a more interesting experience, then play against better players.

Big problem is just how similar the cast feels. Look at fucking Ezmo. Every single ability in his kit is something that already exists in the game, there's really no reason for the character to exist at all. They came close with the 'tether' functionality of his ult, but then decided to make it so weak it might as well not exist and just be ANOTHER 'big aoe damage' ult. People bitch about Jumong being strong, but again the only thing remotely unique he has is his trap ability.

Every character is just so boring and plain. No one has exciting, powerful abilities. Even most of the ults are intentionally lackluster and weak as fuck. It just creates a game where the skill ceiling is low and the high point of a match is pressing space when the enemy tries to m2 you. There are just no tricks or advanced techniques to be had because of everyone's simplistic moveset.

>There are just no tricks or advanced techniques to be had because of everyone's simplistic moveset

Well, coming off from BLC I can tell you they purposefully made it more simplistic. This was because really good players were able to do some insane things with their toolsets (harb was a notorious pugstomper), and since the game was free to play (even in beta), you could make unlimited smurfs to gank up on newbie players and stomp characters 3v1 no problem. This took a big fat shit on the community post-release where the learning curve became a cliff since matchmaking was lols. It was also much hard to balance.

Psychopomp in particular was a total fucking piece of shit to fight against. Picture Poloma's M2 that could be cast on both allies and enemies. Where it doubled as a survivability tool and CC. Most abilities aside from basic auto attacks had dual functions. And even auto-attacks had some hidden mechanics: BLC had positional damage where if your opponent had its back away from you, you'd deal bonus damage.

yeah is pretty much right. yes, sure you do the same thing over and over but that isn't an issue if you're always having fun while doing it. as much as people like to say they "hate" playing dota or cs:go or lol or overwatch or tf2 or whatever other pvp competitive game, they actually wouldn't keep playing it if they didn't genuinely enjoy it for some game mechanics to keep coming back to.

battlerite just doesn't since every character can be learned in a couple hours and the rest of the time spent with that character is just learning matchups, like when to use ability X when a particular champion uses their ability Y. there's no advanced knowledge to gain, there's no intricate mechanics, there's really not much outplay potential, everyone plays the same with identical shields or consumes or counters.

kinda feels like battlerite is just a stepping stone to something greater some day. eventually someone will be inspired by battlerite to make an arena game that's appealing to casuals in art style and characters, but deep and complex enough for a rich and fulfilling competitive scene. i hope

already got 32 keys
should I get more?

CS also has a gambling minigame and map variety that actually has a different set of objectives and shit to do.

I remember playing a decade ago and having custom maps, bomb defusal, hostage rescues, etc.

BR is just one game mode all day every day

yes
i want to watch reddit cry

well yeah 1.6 and even source had that, and it was awesome

gambling in cs:go doesn't change gameplay in any way, and i wouldn't be shocked if gungame or demolition were

we're gonna make it lads

sorry bud, nobody cares about those numbers untill they're constant

Only time this happens is when someone like doublelift or whatever or eceleb plays it
Otherwise it's sub 1k and I've seen it as low as 200

>BR is fun, but also really shallow.
To make that kind of assumption you have to be at least g13
I doubt you even g11
fuck off

Makes sense, to get top ranks like that you probably do have to be deluded enough to think this game has any lasting depth.

It's a versus brawler.

I totally believe you know things about fighting games. Especially since you think SFV is the only one alive.

If you had actually clicked the game you would have realized that it was only because of sodapoppin. And he's been paid to play the game for a few days at most.

any high level varesh streamers?

Joltzie mained Varesh for a long time
ask him in chat to play him when he will be online (prob today)

d e d

So, basically
next patch gonna add some shit like separate ranks
but won't fix the MMR system itself
holy shit this game is doomed

hahah holy shit i never would have imagined that this fucking thread would be so dead

who p e a r l here?

>unironically buffing Croak
Who runs this games balance department? Teldo?

>it's another "jumong main thinks his champ is balanced" episode

everything is ok

How do I Varesh?

work on your positioning
your ult shits out damage
if nobody is paying attention to you smash dat m2 button nigga

hope that your teammates prevent you from being rushed and your enemies aren't smart enough to rush you

land your debuffs into shatter to out-trade people

really think about where you'll end up if someone hits your counter

the only composition he works in is a slow poke composition that still has decent burst where people will be hesitant to move in but you'll still trade better than anyone else at range, you still probably can't pull that off on maps where people don't have to run straight at you

Damn, I'm kind of sad Ruh Kaan doesn't have Harbinger's immaterial form.
It would be broken as fuck, but still.

literally dead

played against the same guy all morning because there is no one in the entire US that's near my grade queueing

even added him to see how long it takes him to find a game if i don't queue and he literally can't, he sat in queue for almost 10 minutes before i gave up and queued into him again

god damn it

it's fucking mid-day on a monday, what do you expect? that everyone is a NEET like you, and that all of them would be playing battlerite?

>everyone's an americlap because I am

what did he mean by this

>there is no one in the entire US

gee i wonder

He's one of the players they listen to, so yeah.

does anybody have a spare razer mount key?
missed out on the giveaway because i was at work and id really appreciate one