/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ - #610 - Private Eye Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent and Upcoming Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/GFRhU
youtube.com/watch?v=REC7daXbjho
68.media.tumblr.com/4ef1f8171c5e5aff88411c8149915193/tumblr_ofq4yuYihP1rucn3ho1_1280.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fast

>private eye edition
>not a picture of the Chaotix

>90 threads to &700

>Someone screencapped my drawing and its responses
It feels good to be a part of history

>Private Eye Edition

any requests?

sonic dead

Blaze

Draw crash bandicoot

elise but upside down

Metal Sonic

I second this.

rip fast rat

let's blast through the pearly gates with sonic speed

Cheeky cunt

Back from Sonic Fan Jam

Highlights:
1.They had a setup for the demo of Sonic Mania, I probably played it at least 20 times.

2. Met ABT his assistant, Yardly, Ian, and Aleah.
They were all super cool and ABT recognized me from the general and from his streams. I got a signed version of the Chaotix comic from Yardley (I was gonna get a Shattered comic but I couldn't decide on just one, so I just went with the Chaotix one. No fighters anymore)
I ended up chatting with Ian, ABT, his assistant, and Aleah for a really long time.

3. Got Pollock's signature on a sketch of eggman I did. He's gone from purple shirt to a silver shirt

4. Met Meme man himself. Really cool guy.

5.Watched the presentation for the official announcement of Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3.

6.Met the composer for Sonic Mania. he really wanted to see my sketchbook. He also really liked my art and said he'd definitely find me online later.

Also took pictures like I promised.
imgur.com/a/GFRhU

What do Lady Diana and Pink Floyd have in common?
Their last greatest hit was 'The Wall'.

Sounds like it was worth it to go.

Cute. Cheers lad

What are you drawing with?

Also, looked traced

Thanks a lot for your service, Mr. Marley.

Sounds like it was a good time.

But did you get a chance to meet Adam Bryce James?

Welcome back you fag. Shit, I'm honestly kinda jelly now.

>I probably played it at least 20 times
Wasn't there a lot of people waiting to play it?

Any interesting comments from the conversations with the guests?

Also
>mfw that's yoto

Aye, no problem.

MyPaint, custom brush, using a small intuos. The brush actually has a naturally shaky look, so drawings look better when I take a bit more time with them.

I only upload original high quality video game drawings.

>mfw that's yoto

Someone hasn't been to his tumblr.

No, I haven't.

Not a fan of his artstyle, honestly.

She's not very recognizable in this position.

Silver committing seppuku.

>crash

Neither am I, I just like supporting artists instead of shitting on them all the time like everyone else.

Maybe some Sticks?

>coco

>Tails stole Coco's style

We haven't had one of those episodes in a while thankfully. I hope we didn't just jinx it though.

Still, while I don't really shit on anyone unless they become annoying, in terms of supporting I'd only support artists I like.

Is that abt's assistant with Aleah? Cute.

>Wasn't there a lot of people wanting to play it
You'd think. There were people who were coerced into playing it. And there were stretches of time when no one was playing it. To be completely honest There was almost never more than 3 or 4 people waiting to play it at any time.

By comparison there was one guy (Who I actually knew from staffing at another con) who basically spent ALL DAY playing the Hatsune Miku game.

>Any interesting comments from the conversations with the guests?
I ended up meeting "In all ways but Physical I am a wolf". Him and another guy had a conversation about how freaky Chris-chan and how he deserved everything he got.

I talked to Ian about Lost World and we both agreed that there's ideas in there that could really work but the execution killed it. When asked about the Zeti in the comics Ian darted his eyes back and forth jokingly.
I asked Ian his favorite games and he said
Classic: Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Modern: Colors

I asked Pollock which Eggman is his favorite to voice and he said "Boom Eggman is a lot of fun to do because it's such a different take on him"

I also remember talking to Aleah about Sonic X and iffy voice acting in sonic. I also recall talking to her about errors in comics and how there's just cases of characters being the wrong color or having backwards hands or a very recent case where Vector's chain is missing in one panel.

In all honesty I talked to a lot of people all day and yet I can hardly remember half of the conversations I had.

Who has played the Sonic Pocket Adventure Winter hack yet? I'm really impressed by the addition of Tails and Knuckles (minor glitches notwithstanding), but the pallette swap is pretty dumb imo. I guess he just wanted to prove it could be done.

I'm a huge fan of Pocket Adventure, especially all the hidden puzzle pieces so I hope this hack gets fleshed out.

Why not Sudoku instead?

Thank ya, user

Can you draw Mighty and Ray being cute? Like modern classic style?

Seems odd that the weren't that many playing it. You'd think it'd be top attraction.

they made a deal
Coco got to fuck him and he got to use her style

that works too

It was great meeting you! Glad you had fun.

No problemo

This one was fun.

Anthro Eggman

Thanks user!

Shard?

I'm pretty surprised. It was on a huge TV and everything. But then again there weren't a lot of people there. Maybe only about 100 people. Also a lot of people there admitted they'd never played classic before and it showed.

I saw my first "Game Over" screen for Sonic Mania. Several times.

I suppose this convention was mostly filled with Modern fans then? I guess that would make more sense.

Oh shit. Who is this.

>Also a lot of people there admitted they'd never played classic before and it showed.
>I saw my first "Game Over" screen for Sonic Mania. Several times.
Ah, I didn't know /v/ went to Sonic events

Nigga I like Modern more than Classic and I'm still good at both.

Bonus

Katella

goo goo ku-choob

Ayyyy

Draw the Sonic balloon

>Ex naughtydog devs

benis

Sonic inflating himself just like a balloon.

got it.

>Also a lot of people there admitted they'd never played classic before and it showed.
Odd

Nice. Thank you, user!

Cassia and Clove maybe?

If you actually draw that, I swear to god I am going to laugh my ass off.

Rouge like this.

Thanks bro! Super cute!

Never drew her before, was fun though.

But Coco's design in Mind Over Mutant was made by Radical Entertainment.

Nice

Do you have any examples of your less scratchy work? It's clear you have some skill behind those rough lines.

It's pretty nice.

youtube.com/watch?v=REC7daXbjho

Pokemon Sun and Moon and Knuckles.

I'm actually not but now you've given me the excuse to draw this as an answer instead.
Also, No problemo.

Thank you. I usually just stick with sketches, though thankfully I do usually put more time into them so they come out better.

However, when I'm "serious", I'll do something a bit more special.

This one's an older piece, though. If you want something more recent (and in color) there's also always this: 68.media.tumblr.com/4ef1f8171c5e5aff88411c8149915193/tumblr_ofq4yuYihP1rucn3ho1_1280.png

Well, something happened. Let's try that again.

draw cream's reaction to that thing

I demand Mobians

You mean Sonic Worldians

Am I tiny or is she huge?

nice

No, I mean Furries.

Neither. It is a very high refrigerator. Please help her down from there already.

That jojos sonic

>JoJos
>Not Bayonetta
I now realize my severe lack of Bayo reaction pictures

b-but she can fly!