/mscg/ - My Summer Car General

>What is this game?
Build a car, drink some peer, do some mundane work for good pay, and live like a Finn.
>In-depth Guides
my-summer-car.wikia.com/wiki/MY_SUMMER_CAR_GUIDE_2:_ELECTRIC_BOOGALOO
youtube.com/watch?v=rIZ3zs26RDQ
>Top 20 singles of Finland during 1995 in-game playlist compiled by Veeky Forums
comfy.moe/aqtlkc.7z
>Where can I get it?
store.steampowered.com/app/516750/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/nkwume.webm
mediafire.com/file/wbcrgu9z29tihl2/DudeWheresMySummerCarV1.1.zip
mediafire.com/file/hj2j5sq2qhh8ygu/CheckMyBoltsV1.3.zip
a.pomf.cat/zbmntp.webm
a.pomf.cat/putfrn.webm
a.pomf.cat/aruhhx.webm
a.pomf.cat/nvhhxo.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If its dropped through the map it should respawn at the dump

Its in the centre of the dashboard. Used it to increase fuel richness and get the car to temp faster.

>capture is stradas man
guess i need to do the rally

how do i get my piss into the radiator? Ive already drank half a cae of beer trying.

For the first time I have crashed the poop truck, it rolled off a hill and hit a tree, it now sits on its side.

Brought the tractor out, can't tow or push it. Please send help, I have a 6k bill waiting for me

Did you take off the cap?

empty the poop tank and make sure the parking brake is released.

yea and i'm pissing all over it but i'm not gtting the cheevo and its not filling up

Just keep pissing. If you run out, drink water to fill up meter and conserve beer.

>Using the van
How fucked am I?

thanks, i finally got it

wheres that mapping tool that lets you find dropped parts?

Van/10

I's there any proper way to drive with kb ? I don't have a wheel and pedals.

its pretty easy to drive with a keyboard. Adjust your high-speed steering setting and the such. It takes a little to get used to but its doable.

Steering is fine, but having binary throttle and clutch is what's throwing me off, maybe if you could map throttle to the mousewheel it would be better than constantly tapping

>Adjust your high-speed steering setting
How?

>empty the poop tank

Forgot about that, thanks man

with the high speed steering option in the menu
you can always use auto-clutch

Thanks!

How do I know which sewage well to go to for whoever calls?

Jesus christ man, also darts on the map.

the darts on the map

a.pomf.cat/nkwume.webm

>weighing down the rear leafsprings
Probably less fucked than your drive there

Part mapper:
mediafire.com/file/wbcrgu9z29tihl2/DudeWheresMySummerCarV1.1.zip

Bolt checker:
mediafire.com/file/hj2j5sq2qhh8ygu/CheckMyBoltsV1.3.zip

>DudeWheresMySummerCarV1.1.zip

Do mail orders reset when saving and loading the game?

Can you run these anywhere or do you have to put it in the folder?

So for adding your own songs to the radio you just add them to the "radio" folder in the installation directory?

rate my flag

run anywhere

-convert to .ogg
-rename 'track##'
-put in radio folder
-avoid hundreds of songs because game goes bananas if you have too many in your folder

driving in the rain is super comfy. was waiting on eurobeats for some highway battling, but my battery decided to die on me.

jumper cables when?

upload with sound to some pomf clone, sound is comfy

forgot to sound with obs. also forgot to change encoding to a higher number.

I do wish more people would post webms of their adventures. it's nice to see how other players are enjoying the game.

>Get car inspected
>Save and reload
>Try to drive home
>SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>Car keeps fishtailing

What in the shit? Are my rear wheels locked?

>I do wish more people would post webms of their adventures. it's nice to see how other players are enjoying the game.

Converting video now, I have a bunch of clips of neat shit happening.

>Envelope always disappears on the drive to the store

Fucking hell what is the trick to not losing the fucking thing on the way?

Chances are it is still in your car, just under a bunch of shit.

If you're using the poop truck, lean over and examine the bed behind the seats very carefully. It gets lost under the cushion.

Take the boat and hold the envelope in front of you all the way.

That's one way to not loose it, but it's never disappared for me in any of the cars yet so you might just be unlucky.

>Ram Mr. Hitler repeatedly going 100+ in satsuma
>Still alive and car still runs fine, only lost bumper

HOW?

My car even rolled 3 times and hit a tree, landed right side up.

Yet a small bump in a dirt road going 20 can kill me.

Do I actually need to take the satsuma to the repair shop to get it repaired or can I take another vehicle?

is that the paradox interactive logo behind the reddit Fugg dude?

Nice flag
Seems like someone else is from /gsg/, you see the /gsg/ skin I made?

a.pomf.cat/zbmntp.webm

I flipped my shit truck am I fucked

Try lifting it with beer or the tractor, or if you know how to save scum do that

I'm in the same position, another user recommended emptying the poop then towing, or flipping with the tractor

I'm one lucky fuck, he flipped right over top of me.

a.pomf.cat/putfrn.webm

your link isnt working for me.

I wonder if the dev will add a christmas event in December.

Does it work for anyone else? works fine for me.

What is final gear change for?

now its working

To change your acceleration and top speed. You want the lowest option for Rally and the highest option for maximum top speed.

My Satsuma has been getting slower, and last time I went shopping I couldn't even get 100km/h on the highway. And this morning, it barely moves before shutting down.

The engine feels powerful, but when I switch to first gear the car drags painfully slow for about a meter before shutting down. Also, does this rear suspension seem lower than usual? All the parts and bolts are fine there, so what would you suggest?

Works for me, also HOLY SHIT

check your fluids?

I've never had custom tires yet so maybe I'm not an authority, but yeah. It looks a bit low. Maybe your iskunvaimennin is sökönä or the coil springs are paskana? Might have to take it to the mechanic. Also I noticed that if you're leaking oil your engine does a lot worse.

>painstakingly assemble car
>double-check every single bolt
>take out for first drive
>right fender falls off
>muffler falls off
>drive gear falls off
>all oil is gone within three minutes
Is this game designed to drive me mad?

I think gitting gud will solve those problems

I checked all fluids, and only 1/3rd of oil was missing. How do you see oil leaks when I can't see them on the picture OR in game even when knowing what to look for?

how do I git gud when the game keeps resetting bolts on me?

Fluid leaks don't leave any stains as far as I know, the only way to notice is if you lose your fluids really fast.

Is there a way to use the cheat codes anymore? My car is currently stuck halfway underground on account of an incident with a truck

Only if you're playing on an older version or on the torrent, the dev is planning to release cheats that don't fuck everything up like the dev console did soon

>get to the store close to closing time
>fuel up, get in the store
>select a few things to buy
>one glance the shopkeep is there waiting on me
>another glance he's over in the pub
>things aren't on the shelves again
free gas?

a.pomf.cat/aruhhx.webm

Reminder that Mr. Hitler is always waiting.

try sticking objects in the body it might shoot out of the ground like a rocket

You pay for it next time you visit his shop.

No, bost it blease, was not baying addention

Good, i need to bring my baby back to life

I think i've just ended up shooting it through the world, does it come back eventually?

>Mr. Hitler

Robbaz stopped being funny after the second video

If i torrent an old version, could i replace the current steam one?

If it falls through the map, it respawns in the dump.

What is up with the carb? My mixture resets to something random every time I load the game
>start car
>all ok
>do shopping
>start car again
>backfiring
>engine catches fire

Also, are there any roadside repairs available? I roughed a bump and now my radiator is leaking

The torrent and the steam version are completely different. If you're talking save files, only saves from the torrent carry over to the steam version, any from the steam version probably won't carry through to the torrent

cheers geezers

I also would recommend getting gud. In 9 out of 10 cases shit falls off if you drive recklessly hitting your car on the bumps. And I never had problems with leaking fluids. You probably just missed some nuts and bolts or even parts.
Regarding exhaust, it is holden by two bolts under the body and two bolts to the exhaust manifold.

Mind your speed, fgt. And always bring toolbox with you.

well this is definitely the one in ten case because I hadn't even driven it yet and all that, plus one of the pistons, had all had their bolts reset.

It was just the muffler, not the exhaust.

a.pomf.cat/nvhhxo.webm

noice

Can I use the gasoline jerry can to get diesel? My shitsucktruck ran out of fuel literally at my house and I don't think one can is enough to get to the store to fuel it.

theres a diesel can next to the tractor at the barn

Fixed it. Save and reload, once again.

Yeah I know, the plan was to use them both if possible.

If glitching it out doesn't help you escape, I'm working on a program for getting stuff unstuck from the sky or ground, but it'll be a few days.

For those who like figuring things themselves, dont forget to tighten nut on the fuel line at the gas tank. I missed it and was thinking that car guzzles gas like crazy.

As it shows in almost every case of shit not working properly its players fault.
For piece of shit indie this game is it is quite nicely put together considering its done by one man and it is his first game at all.

Another worthwhile advice would be that if you try to install the exhaust pipe and it falls off twice in a row, save and load the game because the checkmark simply will not appear again without it.

Same with the front part of the body kit/front spoiler.

How do I open the boot?

Feel around with your hand, and left click.

Hold left click; just tapping it will drop it

>mfw I shilled this game so hard to my friends that it made the creator another 50 - 80 bucks

Oh man

Same

>3 of my friends bought it
>they all have less than 30 minutes in game
They need to git gud

I put on all my performance parts and the bolt checker is reading this. Are there more bolts than normal on these parts or is the checker not quite there yet?

It's technically true, its counting the stock parts, as it doesn't know how to differentiate when it's not needed. So I guess the latter? I unno if it'll ever be that good though.