Tfw rent is 975 a month

>tfw rent is 975 a month
>tfw make 1400 a month

Any other poorfags here? If so how do you save money?

Get a roommate or a better job.

I have the same income as you

I pay ~500 a month

I live on 15 m2

compromise, don't be a dumbass.

Find two reliable non shit bags and rent a 3/2 with them. 1200/mo split 3 ways is 400. Another 100 for Internet water and power each. That's a lot more money back in your pocket. Cut down your food costs and you're sitting pretty OP.

I couldn't find anywhere cheaper

You didn't look very hard then. Every town has a ghetto with $500 housing. Find someone at Wal-Mart that looks like they're on meth and ask them where they live.

Couldn't help but laugh at this

if you live near a college or in a city with a college nearby there should be lots of notes near businesses where students leave on their entrances looking for roommates to share housing costs.

>rent is 70% of income
why would you do that?

Rent a room if need be.

First reply summed it up. There's no magic solution. I would suggest move to an area with lower cost of living, but if you're poor I doubt you have the means to do it.

You need a cheaper place or a better job.

You pay a mortgage worth of payment for rent, kek

Regardless of what you do, save enough to put a down payment on a house so you aren't just throwing money away. Check mortgage rates and get a good feel for what homes are going for in your area.

975 a month is literally a mortage rate. Buy a fucking house. Hope you can take a credit

he's probably canadian

They have the same $1500+ apartments but the gobment pays 1200 of theirs.

Feel your pain OP. I live in a Seattle suburb and that's about what rent is. Single room apartments are about $900. I lived in a room belonging to a disgusting hoarder house for $500 a month. I looked for jobs on Craigslist to find better employment. Look for a warehouse position. You're at least indoors most the time and get some experience with forklifts and such if you want, also it's a company to move up in if you desire. Second job I found was sandblasting, hard work, payed in mid teens. Downside was I had to shower daily as a must and laundry very frequently. I finally got my CDL and now making $20/hr

That isn't even close to a mortgage payment unless you're living in a 1 bedroom house that's falling apart with no property

also to get a mortgage you need a shit load of money for a down payment

Do what I did and get a gf whose family owns an apartment building and live there while paying below market rent. I pay $750 for a 1bed with a garage parking space a half mile from the ocean in the city of los angeles.

insightful words from a realistic perspective.
Make your name, "The user that will tell you what you should be able to figure out on your own"

This is truth. OR they live in Section 8 which you're not allowed into because of the color of your skin.

And you know whats so funny about your situation?

You won't do anything about it and continue to be a cuck giving 70% of your salary in rent

Can't do anything about it

Won't* do anything about it

It's the cheapest place I can find m8

What he said went right over your head.

move somewhere else

get a new job

spend less in other areas

Queue excuses why OP can't do this in 3...2...1...

Someone show this to my ex

yeah my bad, I didn't mean to interrupt OP's pity party

>hurrr durr all places cost the same

Can't drive and there is no money to move

I live on the outskirts of one of the most expensive cities on the planet. I guess I did get lucky that I have direct subway access.

don't come fucking crying because you're too proud to take the bus.

sell everything you can't pack in one or two carry-ons.

you're a dumb entitled piece of shit is what you are.

>but muh cats muh dog and muh aquarium

FUCK YOU! YOU WANT? YOU SACRIFICE.

You live in NYC bro? You should move deep off the J train like I did. $600/month rent. Get in now before they shut down the L train.

where the fuck do you live

>you need a shit load of money for a down payment

Like $10,000-$15,000. 3.5% down with an FHA loan.

can a white yuppie live there? lol
im done with living with urban scum, i've lived in shitty areas and it just fucking blows being white i feel like there's always a target on your back, not worth the fucking stress

Drawbacks from FHA loans?

other thread mentioned them.
slightly higher interest rates and much higher payment because that small down payment means you need mortgage insurance. Often hundreds of dollars a month.

I'm off Crescent Street on the J. My area is mostly working latino families so I'll be one of the few white faces on the train but people kind of mind their business. They work hard and I don't mind them. Atlantic avenue is really the dividing line. Below there is just drug dealing and crime. Do some through research and visit any areas that you're thinking about moving to at night. In NYC as Bushwick gets more expensive more whites are being driven into these places all the time.

you have roommates right? it's always the pockets of latinos where its kinda safe

Yeah, 3 BR. I lived in bushwick for a few years before so I knew people.

Good luck.

Jealous of people on Section 8 paying 300 bucks.

Family is working poor, rent is 1000 I make 2400 a month. Growing up couldve easily gone the nigger/dominican route, but family was too proud and not fucking worthless scum.

Now have a middling job, aging poor parents, next 20 years gonna be very fun for me..

Disappointing really.

After rent and all other bills, I have 719/month.

That 719 goes toward gas, groceries, train ticket, etc.

If I can save 100 a month I'm happy

It's a sad reality

$995 but two roommates so it's alright despite having roommates

Just buy a suv and temporaly live in it until you save enough money.

Live with parents

Live in a van and shower at the gym.

I rent/couch crash between friends. It makes rent extremely cheap for me and helps pay off their mortgages so they dont mind.
I rotate every 6 monthes to a year because I want them to not get tired of me so that can be a tad annoying but i dont really have to.

Tfw saved enough to quit my job amd buy a house.
Tfw still working because i want to get rich by making my own venture.

>975 rent

Lucky bastard, where I live in london it's AT LEAST 800 pounds, it's fucking hard to move out unless you want share with like 5 other people

Renting a house in Denver with a bunch of people. We also run an AirBnB and use our backyard to park cars during Broncos games. Rent kinda pays for it self after a while.

Get a two bedroom and airbnb the room to make more money than sharing rent.

How is anyone working poor? If you even work part time you aren't poor..... poor is like 30 dollars a week income

>mfw I own an apartment in a touristy part of town, rent it through airbnb and make around 2k a month

>mfw I moved to a rent controlled apartment and pay $600

Life's good

How did you come about to owning this apartment?