tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game, for pc you have to join using the link

>News
Angel City map coming december, late november for preorders
Prime Ion and Scorch skins coming in December
Art book has been scanned by Brout, download under fun stuff on tfgeneral

>Whats changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

If you cant find games in a specific mode, try playing mixtape.

Doomed thread

So which Titan is recommended to be unlocked for a new player? It starts me with enough to buy one. I'm leaning towards the Tone loadout since I liked it during campaign but I don't want to waste my money, is it a good choice?

god id love a huge cock right about now.

Buy low profile fyi, most useful buy and saves during regen.

Tone is very good but she'll be the first to get nerfed

Play Tone if you want to build up the number of people currently equipping her in order to tip Respawn off to her grossly overpowered state. Or, you know, you're a shitter who desperately needs to win at the cost of the respect of their opponents and allies.

Lads, what's the best loadout if I want to use EPG?

reminder that merits are clientside so you can give yourself a bunch and lock them to unlock everything you can buy and probably get banned later

this is supposed to say credits but i'm tired

This game is very fun

Scorch is a fucking bus

Whatever lets you go FAST.

Personally, I use grapple, extra ammo and gunrunner (really no reason to use your sights with it). The rest is up to you, though i'd recommend low profile.

What games?
This skins are shit tho, i have better from coliseum
Literally no point

its time for me to stop using meme weapons and titans

yeah, time to use tone

Low profile is so good

even if you steal batteries not having a jump trail or footsteps cuts the average player's awareness in half

everything else available is a waste of the slot

>tfw Ion's Crusader skin with Straight Shooter nose art

this is why she's the best

reminder not to be a hipfire fag

yes and no more cold war or epg

time to use smg's

no more amped wall or sonar knife

time to use stim and cloak

no more ronin and northstar

time for tone

expect the unexpected

there will be no escape from my wrath..

>gimp yourself because i say so

what are you gay

this game is full of shitheads who came from cod who hipfire all the time, don't be one of them

I thought all cod was was aiming down sights and shitting yourself until xp numbers come on screen.

>CoD
>hipfire
???

Post pretty Ions

my scorch is the only thing ive played enough of to get pretty :3 but i like it! im thinkin about getting good with tone too

>crawling with love

Are ironsights superior to optics? Sights feel kind of weird to me

>you can actually draw matches

Do they count as a win or lose?

>Do they count as a win or lose?

Oddly enough, they don't count as either.

depends on the gun

are you retarded

>tfw your whole team is using tone and you see messages of rage about how not balanced tone is in the chat from the other team

truly there is no better feel

Why can't I equip a normal HCOG onto LMGs? I don't want a fucking sniper scope on my Devotion, just a normal sight that isn't basic.

>mfw called a faggot repeatedly by tone players because I just throw their Q rockets back in their face with vortex shield

but the devotion's irons are 10/10

is it even possible to play this game at 144FPS
I'm on a 980 Ti and can't get a stable 100

>Forwardbase Kodai
>chill inside the t-section as Scorch
>choke the fuck outta anything that dares go in after me

Felt good being some sort of fucked up pyromaniac rapist of some sort.

This.
Playstation player here, so take this with as many shakers of salt as you like, but I've had real success handling tone players by chucking their fucking rockets back in their face with the 20% vortex kit (all of Ion's kits are underwhelming, might as well take the one that fucks Tone and Leigon the most)

Tone is still broke as fuck, even on console where the playerbase is less on the ball, but vortex helps to thin the herd. Recommend you give it a try if Tonefall has you down.

what the fuck happened to 60?

>completely misuse core
>two enemy titans just walk into it and die
j-just as planned

>look at my extremely first world problem

after playing competitive multiplayer games at 144hz 60 is awful

Not him but I would honestly be uncomfortable playing this game at anything under 100.

If I didn't love grand cannon so much I'd take the vortex one

it's a fine tactic, but that's need to be done when they have no shield

I love the laser in an unsavory way (swooning at that clip), but I find the extra time on grand cannon just leaves me with my dick in my hand too long.

Now if they wanted to rework grand cannon to provide the regular duration but with increased mobility...

This is true. Chucking a full volley back will almost collapse the shield on its own with nothing else though, so at least you're putting on the pressure.

Kinda a lemon aid out of lemons thing.

holy shit what is wrong with PC players

you're like liberals

the other thing is - some people know how to play and can just stop shooting when you have your shield up

what?

You only pull the shield up when you see the missiles incoming. It legit works if you concentrate on just catching the rockets.

For Legion players, this is very true. Again though, I'm a PS4 player where game sense is a myth and "learning" is a mystical art few seem to be capable of. I take Legions from 100% to 20% all the time by feeding their own clip back to them.

Kraber should be hitscan

>wanting to play a game as smoothly as possible is a political position

>Want to play other titans
>too addicted to my best girl to stop

Why is Ion so fun? Objectively, the splitter rifle is trash and the trip wires are a placeholder for an actual tactical ability, but I can't stop, won't stop playing as her.

Erasing pilots and surgically dismantling mechs with the shoulder laser is too satisfying to quit. Vortex shield shenanigans are just the icing on the laser-cake.

that's very specific because you need to actually give them 3 stacks then which is stupid

more like it should be removed from the game

It's entire premise is tricky to use, but guaranteed to kill

No fucking clue why it's the starter sniper

Plenty do not stop.

my kin, splitter rifle has some uses

is entangled energy actually useful? ive been running zero point tripmines and found it pretty useful if titans are runnin you down, rather than as a pre-set trap.

Oh sweet jesus no. Don't sit there giving him stacks! If you can avoid shots, by all means avoid them and try to score laser shots when you can.

Sooner or later though, they're bound to SONAR you and land two shots (one if crit kit, but who are we kidding, they have the shield kit for sure), and they'll send those rockets your way. Grab 'em. Save a little energy just for this.

Again, this isn't a magic bullet. Tone is still bullshit. Vortex reflects are just a nice way of slowing them down and making them eat a little shit for once.

your other options are far more situational than free energy from landing crits which you should always be trying to do anyway

tripwires are big obvious and don't do much damage, 20% vortex shield damage is underwhelming unless you're fighting a retard legion who gives you all his ammo, and grand cannon is only useful when your special attack is ready

Should Respawn nerf Tone or buff all the other titans to her level?

nerf tone

A little of both, of course.

tweak all of them

there's more to the issue than raw numbers of health/damage like kit synergy

buffing other titans would ruin pilot vs titan gameplay, which is already a little unbalanced. tone needs a nerf

personally I feel like TTK on titans is way too long, I want more twitch shooting and less cover peeking when I'm fighting titan v titan
so whatever gets me that

Okay lads, time to list all the changes you think would balance the Titans

I think all of Ion's options are fairly bleh. I like entangled because it rewards you for playing right and more lasers are fun.

I'm the fag talking up the vortex boost so obviously I believe in it. It's not necessary against pilots and pretty useless against Scorch, Ronin, Northstar (unless you catch a cluster) and other Ions. But, it's ability to shit on Legion and Tone though (the two most popular and difficult to deal with mechs) makes it more than worth equipping. I

Free tripwire is the only time I'll use tripwire. I just don't see people getting hit by them, ever. Would love to see Respawn tweak Ion's tactical ability.

Grand cannon is fun. Not the most meta choice since it can leave you hanging around too long, but fuck it, lasers are cool.

make them all girls

>I just don't see people getting hit by them, ever.
You gotta pretend it's a shotgun

It's genius that the Kraber is the starter weapon, it makes people not want to snipe because it's not straightforward and easy

I mean really, how many dedicated sniper players have you seen in this game? The answer is like -4

sustainability on the shield is more important than damage in most scenarios
I keep tangled on because I can get into the tone's comfort zone using the first cooldown, empty my gun into their face to build it back up, then catch the silo right before they need to reload, leaving them open to laser crit and another energy build cycle
tripmines do so little damagein general you're usually better off trying for laser headshots from cover, and grand cannon just means more time defenseless and immobile

Because it's so hard sniping needs a buff somehow

the only way to buff sniping is to rework the maps

they are not going to rework the maps

use G2A5 or Devotion instead

Sidewinder returning when?

Mastiff or EVA-8?

lol

>He doesn't want a machine gun that shoots micro-missiles

>grenadier category weapon 1

EVA

Guys, what's with online statistics? Is it hard to find players in EU sector? I just want to buy it on Christmas and I'm kinda scary about multiplayer.

its already in the game you mongoloid

why does ions shield take energy, who the fuck thought that was a good idea, its fucking retarded

Mastiff is wonderful but inconsistent
EVA is satisfying but overused

use shotgun pistol

Here's another code, Anons.
I'll have two more tomorrow.

Enjoy your robots.

C6SFNHCMTC

thanks m8

take the free tripwire kit and swap it with a kit that makes the tripwires cloaked

boom fixed respawn give me money

bruh

-Tone shield is weaker, lasts less long, and cools down longer
-Cannon deals half damage to pilots. requires 2 direct hits to kill
-Cannon also deals reduced damage to titans. The locking missiles are more necessary for regular DPS
-Core damage reduced to Northstar Core levels

>Northstar moves faster than sprint when using VTOL
>VTOL is toggle
>Tone ammo reduced to 9
>Tone silo lock only applies on crit/sonar
>Tone splash damage removed vs pilots
>Tone Core activation has Ion cannon level slowdown while guiding missiles
>Ronin can execute in Core

That's it, then game is perfect

What CPU are you using?

It's in TF2 already you fool.

i7-5820k @ 4GHz

>Ronin can execute in Core

This is the only thing stopping me from cycling between Ion and Ronin, instead of simply remaining faithful to Ion. Ideally the sword core execution would be faster and more styling than the regular one.

I thought it could be CPU bottleneck but yours is alright. If I remember correctly the 1060 had averages of 85 fps in ultra so yours should be slightly higher than that unless you are playing on low which then would be another case of the game fucking the framerates up in some builds.

add "-novid -noborder -window" to command line arguments under advanced launch options
thank me later

Also +r_lod_switch_scale 0.0 to play Quake

>when you're surrounded by cute female Pilots in the dropship

>Enemy titanfall crushes my titan
>"hahaha rip your titan!"
>poke at him with the grenade launcher until I have my titan again
>Manage to drop mine on his
>"rip"