FNAF WORLD: gamejolt.com/games/fnaf-world/124921

>Links
Official Site: scottgames.com
Asset Rips: s.rtag.me/freddy
IRC: #FNAF on Rizon
Fan Booru: 5naf.booru.org
Writing Archive: pastebin.com/fryFnrQ9
Voice Archive: pastebin.com/8mN8gJYP
List of Content Creators: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1clzZcsTzZzZh6EUFR-nmF4F7zHiXTCeB4AehZLF1OHs/edit?usp=sharing

>NO NEW THREAD UNTIL WE HIT 750 POSTS OR 250 IMAGES
>REMEMBER TO REPORT AND IGNORE SHITPOSTING
>REMEMBER THIS.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/Evzc2
docs.google.com/document/d/1JRDYRfDNA5LHgBQRFQFryrT7GYho_UBanEOabfWHEFE/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reposting for the morning crew

pastebin.com/mA5Whwji

I wish we saw more of Baby in SL

Why would you ever communicate with Scrapper in any other way than telling him he's a bad person?

dog*

Probably the only time I'll ever repost a comic due to how late in the last thread it was posted.
imgur.com/a/Evzc2

Is he one of the Puppet Pals?

I remember that.

I love it.

docs.google.com/document/d/1JRDYRfDNA5LHgBQRFQFryrT7GYho_UBanEOabfWHEFE/edit?usp=sharing

"The Fun Guy"- If cleanliness is next to godliness, what does that say about shitting streets?

Next up is the "Ennard spooks a technician" story. Today or tomorrow is my bet; however long it takes me to get out of the avant garde funk.

I love you.

How do we recapture the magic of the first FNAF? Tophats off to Sister Location, but it's a very different breed of grinning ghouls compared to the first one. I'd say FNAF1 is the cat's meow, and definitely fun to replay for a spell here and there, so how to recapture it?

Original IP from a stagnant genre that's relatable to the target audience. That's why 2 onwards sucked in terms of game. They weren't original anymore, or their originality made the genre either stagnant, or their content was no longer relatable.

The core of the game was simple. "Animatronics from pizzerias in the 90's were fucking scary". What happened to that? It's not there anymore. FNAF1 relied upon that learned, latent fear. What does FNAF2 rely upon? Stress? FNAF 3 relies upon lack of control due to too much control? FNAF4 isn't really relatable to us older people, but for the target audience of younger people it makes sense. I'll give 4 that. But SL makes no sense. It's just kinda well, a game. Not really that scary from what I can tell.

FNAF 1 was all about atmosphere. It was a horror game that was actually scary, so it succeeded because horror games had been focusing too much on story than actually being scary. Anyone who played could easily insert himself as Mike, the night guard with no personal history, and personally "feel" the terror. If you looked hard enough for easter eggs you could get a glimpse of lore here and there but no real "story" to speak of, it was just pure horror and it was great.

The next games started adding pure exposition sections, the Atari minigames, made you play as people that aren't you such as little kids, the existence of Purple Guy as the "main spooky dude" who takes away the effectiveness of the robots and just makes them haunted puppets you feel sowwy for instead of terrorized by. All that story shit was unnecessary and made the games not scary. Once you remove the scariness from a horror game you're just left with a mediocre mini-game and mediocre story.

FNAF 1's horror seeps into your pores. The only clear statement is that these animatronics are trying to stuff you into a suit. The actual cause of the horror is vague. People's ideas ranged from killer AIs to an eldritch presence. Yes, there were mentions of children, but their purpose in the game's story was vague. Similarly, there was a certain edge to everything. The threat of being stuffed into a suit is vague and ominous enough. Am I going to come back as one of them? Are they humans like me too, forced into these moving coffins, unable to control their actions? Is the man I heard on the phone inside Chica? Is that his jaw?

I think a good chunk of FNAF 1 was a fluke in how it appealed to adults. The sequels should've continued the mysterious aura that the game and it's story had.

I think the over-explanation of everything can be owed to the influx of people (kids) who aren't familiar with horror stories and thus demand the explanation of every little thing. The Bite of 87 was a fun thing to consider, but nobody ever actually wanted a game to revolve around it. It's like the Norwegian station in The Thing, or how Herbert West perfected his formula. It's most effective when left to your own imagination.

So here we are, with three prequels and one sequel later.

Sister Location was an enjoyable experience, though I wouldn't say it captured FNAF 1's feeling. Still, it came closer than the others.

I'm reminded of Scary Movie 1.

I HEAR YOUR HEARTBEAT BEAT TO THE BEAT OF THE DRUMS

I sometimes wonder if that was the high point of their fame. But I dare not investigate.

My biggest problem is SL is how inane and inconsistent it is. It takes the concept of 90's pizza animatronics and puts it in some bizarre Portal-esque research facility with sci-fi elements. It's like a game from an entirely different series. If Freddy wasn't in it, I couldn't even tell what game it was. It's just a fucking weird-ass game.

all that is why it was the first in the series I actually liked.

What's his name again?

I didn't find it too jarring, weird retro-future junk seems to be Scott's default mode and shows up in all his games.

I was able to suspend my disbelief long enough because of the ambiguity, it could be the past with advanced tech, or the future with nostalgic wrappings. The time period didn't matter, just that it takes place somewhere in Scottverse.

Scott "Lost the Plot" Cawthon

Scott "Let's Get This Shoah On The Road" Cawthon

Scott "Blast gays with Tesla rays" Cawthon

Scott "Protest The Pope" Cawthon

Last night I had a dream that Weaver decided to tease the next chapter of Roomates with a picture of a new character named "Spring Daisy". The picture he posted was of Mike looking at a blurred image of a yellow rabbit, the blur making it look like they were doubled. It turns out that Spring Daisy is the combined name of the two-headed rabbit, the left head named Springbok and the right head named Daisy
Their gender is left ambiguous but some people on the thread were complaining that Weaver was pandering to futafags

>tfw Weaver's design for Springtrap is just a recolored Beanpole
He's barely done anything with any games past 2. He really doesn't seem to be able to do something interesting with a character unless he can make it into furbait.

you're like 10 years late

To be fair, almost no one does anything with stuff past the first two games. Springtrap is good but his use as a character is limited while 4 has no real characters at all. SL's only been around for a month so it may take a while for people to really sink their teeth into it.

Well, let's count the characters in the series after 2.

Springtrap, I'll give you that one, he should have WAY more Springtrap. Phantoms? Pretty much just the "greatest hits of fazbears and also BB." In 4 we have the nightmares who have zero uses Beyond /ss/ with Nightmare Chica and there hasn't really been much time with the SL animatronics.

>Beyond /ss/ with Nightmare Chica
Nobodies gonna do shit like that though; no matter how much I want it.
I still say the Phantoms have potential, since they're straight up ghosts. Not even ghosts haunting stuff; they're just out there, being all ghosty. There's a lot of stuff people could do with that.

Issue with the Phantoms is that it's never properly explained what they're supposed to be. That might sound like it's good for OC but without some sort of starting point, it can be tough. It's unclear whether the Phantoms are hallucinations, ghosts, or Springtrap's stand.

>springtrap's stand
What would it's name be?

Same can be said for the bots in the first game; that's what made them so versatile. You could pick and choose a backstory and work them however you wanted. Frankly, I think people just don't wanna do stuff with the phantoms because it's so far out of their comfort zone. We do robots here, robots and furries; not ghosts.

「PURPLE HAZE 」

Oingo Boingo

>some people on the thread were complaining that Weaver was pandering to futafags
It checks out, it'd be something he'd do.

Already a stand, stupid

If you wanted to hit maximum autismo you could try naming them after FNAF fan songs.

「DIE IN A FIRE 」has a bit of a ring to it.

Nice blog. Where do I subscribe for more

I thought he disliked futa.
As all good anons and OCfags should.

I was really interested in the Alt bots back before they became The Wreck apartment. Their designs were more intimidating to me, there was a nice change of pace with how they interacted with each other, and my personal favorite; Freddy wasn't the big cheese of the group. I think by making Freddy the odd man out, there was this unsettling vibe to see him mourn his fate while still trying to fufill his role as the face of family fun. That it was left unclear if Bonnie was purposefully being cruel or simply trying to help the mopey Freddy made for great dark humor.
I always figured the Nightmares could be used to show how after working at Fazbear's so long, not even leaving the pizzeria meant you were safe because the animatronics found a way to attack through dreams. Maybe not have it so you'd die, but instead wearing a guard down with lack of sleep for their next shift.

The phantoms just don't enough time to make them memorable. They're also just slightly changed models from 2.

Yeah, the Phantoms were pretty fucking lazy. Phantom Freddy is literally just a retextured version of FNAF 2 Goldie with no other alterations. Guess he used up all of his energy on modeling Springtrap.

One of Oingo Boingo's songs would be a good choice as the band has already gotten in as two characters and got two of the best stories in part 3

「NOTHING BAD EVER HAPPENS TO ME」could work.

Foxy didn't have an arm, I guess that counts for something.

I had a dream about the movie where Mike grabbed a springsuit crank and went fucking nuts on a guy laying on the floor. He just kept swinging down at the dude's face like Hotline Miami and only stopped when he clearly wasn't going to get back up.

Then he went into the office and brought the door down upon what was left of his head.

Which bot has the most kills on you for each game, or which one seems to get you the most often? Omitting Springtrap because he's the only source of death in FNAF3, but if you want to count the phantom jumpscares that works too.

For me, it's pretty consistently Bonnie (FNAF1), a dead heat between Withered Bonnie and Withered Chica (FNAF2), Nightmare Fredbear (FNAF4), and of course the Minireenas for Sister Location.

Your tiny picture has triggered my autism.

God, that watermark is so obnoxious, I hate when people do that.

>FNAF 1
Freddy, fucking faggot teleporting through doors
>FNAF 2
Foxy, shithead always jumps me when I'm winding the music box
>FNAF 3
Springtrap of course
>FNAF 4
Stupid-ass fucking Fredbear and his constant laughing
>FNAF SL
Goddamn Minireenas and that shitty springlock level

Agreed, especially when cropping it removes important things.

>Cropping a watermark
don't be a dick

>getting upset over removing someone's obnoxious watermark from a still image of their video

I'm not declaring I made it by removing it, I'm getting rid of an annoying and distracting thing.

Because he isn't a bad person. He's just a little quirky and I think you all are too hard on him.

t. Scrapper

hello scrapper

He really was the best of us, a shining beacon of quality before hateanon riff-raff chased him off just like all of our best chickens. Truly a tale to be related in hushed whispers for the ages to come.

Shouldn't you be busy being permabanned Scrapper?

Post Purple Men

>no /ss/ with weavispurple

Danke.

>rectangular hips

At least the edges are rounded. Does she have normal hips in-game?

>Why does this robot look like a robot?

Come on guys he was really nice to us and gave us entertaining stories to read. You can't say he is worse than any of the other content creators here.

This guy gets it.

(You)

>not wearing a Spring Bonnie costume
0/10 it's fucking shit

>1987+29 years
>still clutching to the idiotic MatPat-fueled delusion that Spring Bonnie was the "suit in the back, a yellow one" when it's obvious Golden Freddy was the suit gutted and used to lure the kids after Fredbear was discontinued
>thinking that FNAF4 somehow invalidates three games of lore that came before it
I shyggenly chiggenly.

I get what you're saying and it really SHOULD have been the Golden Freddy suit that he used, but even though the book isn't canon, it still makes it extremely obvious that Scott's intention is that the murderer is to be associated with the Golden Bonnie suit.

There's a very specific line in FNAF 3 that talks about "the Spring Bonnie suit being noticeably moved" and there's no evidence to suggest that the yellow suit being talked about is Golden Freddy

A broken clock is right twice a day

Gotchu user
Nah it's pretty obvious Golden Freddy was the go to murder suit and Spring Bonnie was the faulty back up.

I get what you're saying and it really IS Scott's intention to fuck his series' lore up beyond all recognition, but the book ISN'T canon, MatPat, and it makes no flying fucking sense that a serial killer was able to kill multiple children while wearing a suit that collapsed on him when he so much as laughed inside it.

FNAF4 and Silver Eyes don't fucking invalidate a plot that otherwise makes at least SOME semblance of sense all because M. Scott Slam-o-rama decided to twist for twisting's sake.

We'll actually, if you want to get technical on this, that Bonnie suit had been abandoned for years and left inside a moist room where rain could seep in through the roof and rust the mechanisms. If the murderer used the suit back in 1987, the springlocks would undoubtedly be sturdier. People DID perform inside these things for years, after all.

I agree that the lore is a clusterfuck though and in the long run such a trivial detail doesn't matter.

I'm not sure it particularly matters whether the suit used during the murders was Freddy or Bonnie in the context of the games, though at least the first two vaguely implied it was a Fred suit. The suit he died in was a spring Bonnie suit, but since you'd assume the restaurants would have had at least one of each and he got into that suit in a panicked hurry there's no reason it couldn't be that he used the Fred suit during the killings.

That line dates to around when the safe rooms were getting bricked up; the "noticeably moved" bit is because the Spring Bonnie suit in question had someone violently thrashing about as the locks failed and the mechanical components eviscerated the occupant.

If you want to get REALLY technical on this, the training tapes when the suits were new said they had problems with moisture even back then and were promptly discontinued within just a short while of being introduced. If Purple was using them to kill, he had to have gutted Golden Freddy in order for it to be of any use to him.

Sadly, the book is probably the closest thing to how Scott views his own universe and characters. It's got all the same shit from the games in it, just condensed and made significantly less appealing. That means that William "Teenage girls are my kryptonite" Afton is probably Scott's true vision of the Purple Man.

>Sadly, the book is probably the closest thing to how Scott views his own universe and characters.
See, I don't fucking agree with this in the slightest. The book has absolutely NONE of the black comedy writing Scott excels at that was prevalent in four separate games. There's none of the comical, tongue-in-cheek corporations-are-evil humor that anyone who's ever had a low-paying retail job can relate to. It's the ONLY dialogue in the first three games and it's in a great deal of Sister Location.

FNAF4 and Silver Eyes were Scott's attempt at taking FNAF in a more mainstream horror direction and he lost the plot, plain and simple.

Wyhen did Scott say the book is what the game characters are like? If that was the case Mr. Afton in SL would have been just like William Afton, which he definitely isn't. Also the fact that none of the other TSE characters were in the games and have nothing to do with them.

I got huge TSE vibes whenever Baby opened her mouth. Scott's great at comedy but the second he tries to go all "super srs" it all goes to shit.

>retard who makes overly-elaborate plans that ultimately fuck up and adversely affect only him
Sounds like William Afton to me, familia

>Huge TSE vibes whenever Baby opened her mouth
This. If you put your dick back in your pants and listen to her actual dialogue, it is steeped in so much melodrama that it's cringy, Especially when the full extent of her vocabulary to explain the suffering she's endured is 'bad'.

The ice cream monologue under the table was great though. I'm not bitching too hard, given it was the first FNAF game with full voice acting it could've been way worse. I take pride that FNAF's transition to full voice acting still went smoother than Final Fantasy's.

>I take pride that FNAF's transition to full voice acting still went smoother than Final Fantasy's.
Certainly better than Sonic's, too.

WAY PAST COOL

I like to think Purple used the Spring Bonnie suit to lure the kids just because it makes his death more ironic. To be killed by the very same suit that you used to kill your victims is great.

And as FNAF 3 said that the suit had been moved, I think it makes sense for Purple to hide the suit to help hide evidence.

And I like to think that Foxy caused The Bite of '87 because he's the only one Out of Order in the first game and both FNAF1 and FNAF2 describe him as being different from the others.

Seriously, it dips into fucking Wachowski-tier at points. Between Night 5 and the Private Room I felt like I was listening to Charlie's daddy issues of Afton's pseudo-philosophical ghost bullshit all over again, it gets fucking unbearable.

The more I linger on the thought, the more I suspect that FNAF's story was never actually good to begin with. We were merely peering into a thin keyhole in the first game, staring at what we thought was gold. But when the following games opened that door we found that the nugget of gold was merely a sliver, embedded into a mountain of rancid horse shit.

But hey that Exotic Butters joke sure was funny right

Man I can't wait until the next book. I need me some more Afton to fantasize about.

>thirsting after a thin, sickly, hunchback, smelly furfag covered from head to toe in gruesome scars
Jesus user, get some standards. You're better than that.

>The more I linger on the thought, the more I suspect that FNAF's story was never actually good to begin with. We were merely peering into a thin keyhole in the first game, staring at what we thought was gold. But when the following games opened that door we found that the nugget of gold was merely a sliver, embedded into a mountain of rancid horse shit.
This is a harsher way of saying exactly what I think about the series. Scott caught lightning in a bottle with the first game, and it makes sense in hindsight: he was literally at the end of his rope and put everything he had into it. The next several games got borderline sloppy and repetitive because he was trying too hard to improve them or add new twists. FNAF2 could have been the perfect entry in the series if it just hadn't been rushed, eliminated the pointless puppetbox mechanic that would go on to plague the rest of the series, and included had enough of the same elements that made FNAF1 good. That trailer made me REALLY fucking want that game. Unfortunately, Scott was in such a hurry to capitalize on his first success (and again, I don't blame him) that he had to start escalating to keep the interest of his twelvie fanbase. By the time we got to drillteeth and deathspikes and dead kids piling up in the corners, it just wasn't the same.

Less is more.

If you really wanted the next book you'd know Afton is fucking dead. Given his corpse faded like the animatronics did, it's possible he was dead before TSE even happened, and Charlie killing his spirit in the springsuit truly did erase any presence he had left on the Pizzeria.

Nigga there's always prequels, calm your ass.

You're overthinking it pretty hard there. Afton was just a complete fuckup of a serial killer who failed to kill any of the seven dumbass teenagers running around the pizzeria, and got his shit wrecked by a teenage girl.

Freddy and Jason literally laughed him out of the slasher villains club for being so fundamentally shit at his job.