/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Outmemed Edition

BULLIED >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

>Google Document for all the above, but easier to read.
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

Please respond.

I'd go arc. You get to use tools and shit with it, as long as you're willing to farm Elder and Hotdog later on. Quality is fine too though, but arc with a fire weapon tears through most of the main game.

Stake Driver has better Arc scaling than Str or Skl. It makes a fine Arc weapon.

I despise the winter lanterns. I don't think there's been an enemy in any recent game that has even come close to the feeling of pure hate I feel towards them.

They're really not that bad user. They have no Poise and you can interrupt their grab attack for a visceral.

more about the inevitable frenzy damage you take from them as soon as they spot you.

I know that, it's just they are simply not fun to fight at all.

you're immune to damage while in a visceral state, pull one, walk back a bit until frenzy is at 30% then bait grab and parry into visceral

Whatev. It's two vials if you're not quick on the draw with your sedatives.

What is a better spread for str/arc build, 30/50 or 40/40? Ill be using hms and wheel.

Remove Hunters

Is Bloodborne an isekai anime?

25/50

POST EM
O
S
T

E
M

Arc Scaling is always a sum of the Dex + Skill scaling so it's not "better".

>Dex + Skill
Strength and Skill fugg

I agree really. That frenzy keeps going after they are dead is bullshit.

Also it wouldn't be so bad if a sedative did what it is supposed to and immunized you against frenzy for a short time.

What did the healing church do at the Fishing Hamlet? What was the big secret Maria was keeping?

It tortured and experimented on the residents there.

But why would you have to kill Maria to know about this? We can see these patients in the Research Hall already

Remove furries

The patients of the Research Hall are not the Fishing Hamlet people. Those patients were basically failed attempts, hence the Living Failures you fight.

Lady Maria is obviously blocking the path to the Hamlet. She also doesn't want you to go. There's no way to get through unless you kill her and get the dial to move the clock's hands.

Because you can dismiss then that as them helping the mentally insane, plus the villagers were innocent, plus Kos proves a lot eldritch knowledge that mankind mustn't know.

So they experimented on the dindu nuffin Fishing Hamlet inhabitants and wanted to keep people away from Kos. But why didn't they bring in Kos' carcass and experiment on it if they knew about it? I'm sure that would be infinitely more fruitful than cutting up those fish people

Near as I can tell, the curse, the orphan, and the fishing hamlet being ripped out of our reality

Physically they disected a corpse and experimented on some poor fishermen. But if you get into metaphors and what-not they defiled something sacred and committed atrocities against the innocent for personal gain.

Are the chalice dungeons really that hard? I've done about 3 so far and they've been quite easy. How many are there?

First 3 are pretty easy, there's several more. Make sure you aren't doing any with "root" in it just yet, if you're doing them right the next one should start getting more difficult. There's a guide you can follow in the OP.

>5+3 is 8 so 8 isn't better than 5

>

No, Depth 5 CFRs are totally easy because you had an easy time with Pthumeru. The final bosses of games also don't tend to be all that bad because the first bosses are usually pretty easy.

Ok so you're just clueless.

You're brain is working off some kind of retard logic that is far beyond my ken so I guess you could say that, sure.

Let's use your 5+3 as the stake's scaling for str/skl, that means it's total is at 8.
If arc scaling is the sum of str/skl scaling it's total is at....
8!

How are you this fucking retarded.

God this fucking general sucks so much dick.

First of all, you little shit, you're dead wrong in your first post anyway. I don't see a goddamn one weapon that's arc scaling is the sum, the average, or the difference of its strength and skill scaling.

Second of all, what I said was that the Stake Driver's Arc scaling, taken alone, is better than either its Strength, or Skill scaling, taken alone.

Considering that its arc scaling is 0.625, its strength scaling is 0.6, and its skill scaling is 0.55 I am factually, literally right, and you are a fucking imbecile.

>you're dead wrong in your first post anyway
Then address this you fucking moron, don't try and act like a smug little shit and get it back because of it. Fucking autist.

It wasn't relevant to your first reply to me anyway, I just felt like throwing it in your face too because you're fucking stupid.

What you said was tantamount to 8 not being a bigger number than five, because 5 plus 3 equals 8. That was wrong, is wrong, it doesn't take a fucking scientist to easily understand that it's wrong; you are just a huge fucking retard.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to comprehend that the total scaling is equal either but apparently you can't understand that. If you think you're smarter than everyone you're still really fucking retarded.

So .6 plus .65 is .625?

Jesus. Get off Veeky Forums and go back to school.

Given your shitty reply and analogy that is.
Suck a dick faggot.

>get fucking btfo
>"s-suck a dick!"
Can't make this shit up.

No more (You)
You btfo yourself, I was just pointing it out that you're autism smarmy ass replying outed yourself as a retard.

Of course you were.

Don't strain your back moving those goalposts.

Keep trying to mental gymnastic your way out of addressing the point that instead of addressing incorrect information you chose to use a shitty analogy and be a smug cunt (when the information you yourself is presenting is wrong), then going on to bitch about the quality of the thread. Your ego probably doesn't let you though, I have nothing further to add to any of this shit.

I think both of you are stupid

>2016
>not being stupid

Wtf dude fakk off

The analogy was fine, the information I posited was fine. You're an idiot. Have another (You).

I won't argue that.

Wtf I hate arc now

>level 39
>just bought my chikage
now to get my BLT to a level that makes this thing actually worth using, maybe start working on CDs so I can work towards gems.

Speaking of, what should I be gemming into my glorified razor blade? Phys Up?

Yes, end game you'll want either 27.2% Phys or Korean 31.5% Out-of-Shape gems.

>Out-of-Shape gems.
A-are they fat?

I am absolutely amazed by the coherence in bloodborne. It is the first souls game where there are no bosses you fight simply because you are mute and cant communicate your goal.

Neat. Also, if it's not too much trouble to ask, can I stick with my normal variant or should I be looking at dungeon delving for uncanny/lost?

You want the Lost Chikage in Ihyll ideally but the normal version is alright too. Lost Chikage has a circle gem slot which you can farm easily off the same Shotgun Watcher who drops offshapes

Bloodtinge gems instead of physical. You get a few extra percent AR with the cost being the untricked version is useless. Also, you will be an honorary Korean once you're done farming them.

For some reason BLT scales with PHYS too, so I font see why people go for anything other than PHYS for Chikage.

No, I know. Usually, er "we" (Amerifats), call them "off-shape". "Out of shape" is our euphemism for fat.

Normal for 27.2% Phys, farm the OoS gems first to decide which you'll want to stick to. Lost is a bit easier but if you manage to get a decent Triangle early you won't need it.

That's a reasonable course of action, thanks.

I have thin privilege, so excuse my cultural ignorance.

Full 27.2% leaves the Blood mode at 732 AR, with full 31.5% at 809 AR. So it's quite a jump and the untricked mode is pretty mediocre even with 50 Skill.

I guess its personal preference, but I prefer to have a hand free for parrying and I like the one handed moveset. Also, its quite a big limitation to only be able to use half a weapon moveset for ~10% increase in AR.

I dont like the Chikage much anyway though. I think it is a one trick pony.

It's not really a disadvantage when you can unzip someone from a screen away for 900 damage.

For PvE though yeah it's kind of like a weaker, unbuffable, unserrated saw weapon. I know I got bored of mine before I could even get to Ihyll.

Good thing there are only 9 in the whole game, including the DLC.

The OoS gem is a 31.5% Circle? Trying to correlate this information to the spreadsheets in the OP, so I know where to go when I finally get to that point.

Cool

What he's saying is farm the gems until you have a set that fits Normal/Uncanny/Lost before you +10 it, so you don't blow a Rock.

There's at least six Rocks i the game without farming though so it's somewhat of a moot point.

Out-of-Shape means they're not the original shape, Circles are the normal shape the Shotgun Watcher drops but every enemy has a very, very small chance of dropping a different shape. That's what makes these gems notorious for being Korean gems, you'll grind in the thousands for a full set of perfect 31.5%.

Christ, and then there's the chance of the off-shape actually being a BLT Atk Up gem rather than a BLT Scaling Up gem. And then the curses.

The fucking curses.

farm Mensis droplet physical gems, then DLC gems, then go chalice diving. Take the regular version to +9.

Materials are really easy to come by in the chalices since that was patched in. I can even get a rock in about 20 minutes or less.

Why is half the npcs swinging kirkhammer while the other half spams augur? Are they trying to shill these or what

Yo nigga you need to work on your English dawg.

They all isn't tho. They just be the only ones you seen so far.

So the shotgun watcher that normally drops 31.5 circles might (very very rarely) drop a 31.5 radial instead, if I'm getting you? Sorry that I'm being so obtuse.

Not just a radial. It can be waning and triangle too

I checked and they do appear to be the most commonly put weapons on npcs dawg

>I checked
I don't know how you managed that but I don't believe you either way. I can think of exactly one NPC variant that uses the Kirkhammer and one that uses Augur and other Tools. For those two there are a score that use everything else.

I think BLT weapons (all two of them) got screwed in terms of scaling. One form scaling with strength or skill and the other scaling with bloodtinge makes it tough to max out both and stay within level meta the way other split scaling weapons can. They have to make additional tradeoffs in addition to frenzy and health drain. I don't even use them, but I don't think it's right. Very unfair!

>I don't even use them, but I don't think it's right. Very unfair!
You're not fooling anyone Vialcuck.

Yeah, Triangles and Wanings too so getting two perfect Radials will be a while.

>Vialcuck
kek. I'm sleepy.

But in all seriousness the BLT weapons are totally fair.

Okay, that's actually a lot more simple than I was thinking, even though it still sounds like a bitch to do.

Just get comfy. Put on a podcast or an episode of your favorite show and just farm away.

The shotgun watcher thankfully doesn't take much attention or focus to kill, so you can easily zone out. No need to remake the chalice either, and you'll be swimming in useless blood echoes too.

Just saw someone cry about how the Hunter's Axe should be removed from the game because you can "Spin2Win" every enemy and boss in the game and never have to learn how to dodge.

What is it about Souls fans that make them the biggest and whiniest of faggots when it comes to "IF YOU DON'T PLAY WITH YOUR RIGHT HAND TIED BEHIND YOUR BACK AND YOUR LEFT HAND ON FIRE LIKE ME THAN DON'T PLAY THE GAME AT ALL!"

It's like Pokemon with nuzlocke fags who insist everyone should play that way

What is the absolute earliest place to get twin shards?

Hypogeaon Gaol Sackmen, Hemwick dogs.

I guess Souls games attract that "h4rdc0r3!!" audience, the idiots who play the games because they just heard it's difficult, and genuinely believe that the main draw of the series is "Prepare to Die XDD".

True. Also I think if anyone takes the cake for the biggest and whiniest of "teh h4rdc0r3" idiots it's probably hardcore Mega Man fans.

>no sliding
>no charge shot
>no e-tanks
>the first game is the only good one
>i've met people like this

Can someone give me a brief overview on the best gems for the Uncanny Kos Parasite? I'm having a hard time figuring out what gems and which dungeons to farm to make it not shit.

1 Cold Abyssal Radial from Pthumeru Elder, 1 23.1%+15 Arcane Radial from Bone Ash Hunters, 1 27.2% Arcane Triangle from Isz Watchers. Another 23.1%15 Arcane Radial will beat the Cold Abyssal but not by much and farming BAHs is cancer.

Not him but it's the same than for any arcane weapon, like the cane ?

For Fire/Bolt weapons, you'll want the Lost version and get 1 Cold Abyssal Radial, 1 Cold Abyssal Triangle and a Fire/Bolt Waning Abyssal from Hotdog/Abhorrent. Radial, Radial, Triangle for Arcane weapons, 2 Cold Abyssal Radials and a 27.2% Arcane Traingle.

Ludwig Blade would benefit more from switching out a Cold Abyssal Radial for a 23.1%+15 Radial, or a 27.2% Triangle for the Lost version (Fire/Bolt).

Ah it's 2 cold abyssals and the arcane triangle. Got it. Thanks

Anyone want to run through Hemwick in a few minutes?

Just completed the game for the first time. Got the ending where you replace Gehrman. Kinda underwhelming imo, I know you're meant to replay though...

I saved while I was back in Mensis, around level 95. The last bits of the game were pretty easy, especially with Ludwigs+9. I'm at 40 end, 30 strength, 25 skill, and around 10 for blooding/arcane.

Will I be overlevelled for the Old Hunters DLC? and is it too late to start investing in Arcane? I'm thinking of switching from Ludwigs to Tronitrus, Chikage or the Wheel - all at +7.

40 End is a huge waste so if you don't care about staying within meta level Arcane however high you want, Hunter Tools scale well all the way to 99. Chikage's tricked mode is Bloodtinge, so don't use it unless you have 50 Bloodtinge or high Skill for untricked which is mediocre. Start the DLC now or with a new character around 60-70+.

>40 end

Sorry, got that wrong - I've got 40 health & 28 end. I don't play online either, so that's not a concern. I don't have a lot of free time so getting a new character to 60 would be difficult/take a while...

What I mean is, is it possible to invest in Bloodtinge/Arcane so that my character is decent with most weapons, without over levelling to the point the DLC becomes trivial? Or is it really worth just starting a new character form scratch?

DLC is pretty tough and overleveling isn't really a problem unless you have over 50 Vit and/or FRC Chalice Dungeon gems. You should be good starting it right now, 50 is the cap people stop at for damage stats but you don't have any there so you won't do massive damage.

Ludwig Blade is pretty boring so I'd advise using a different weapon to get a better experience, there's plenty to choose before fighting the first DLC boss.

Ok thanks.

Yeah, Ludwigs was amazing at first but it just feels cheap now, the reach is huge and it staggers just about everything.

Guess I can just buy new, weaker weapons if I feel over levelled.

>FORTY ENDURANCE
>FOUR ZERO
>FORTY

Anyone up for the Witches? Doing an arc build so my damage is shit til I can slot that waning fire gem.