Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8w15IdPQFQM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Friede is cute!

why do we make new threads so late

>gargoyle flamehammer WA
Hey thats pretty fun.

>halberd users who just constantly walk back and wait to r1
>can't even roll into them and fight close because their hitbox is dumb as shit upclose too combined with the hyper armor

I may have to invest into magic

Post weaponfu's

I miss her

Go try it.

Working my way to Moundmakers +2, one backstab at a time.

Partizan in DaS2. It was fucking amazing all around.
Fantastic moveset and it had thrust and strike damage.

Speaking of the Partizan, how is it in DaS3? Spears don't look like they're as good as they used to be from what i've seen. Is it useless?

Welp, i just realized why that wouldnt work. Stupid, hopeful mistake. Ill proceed to end my life now

>watch some jblackmel for the keks
>actually enjoy it unironically
>miss DaS1 PvP
FUCK
everyone who's still playing it is a meta memer, right? that was the case with DaS2 when I tried going back

>3/4th of the opponents in the arena is either a parrybait fisher of the worst kind or a GS user with terrible spacing

>Miracles are weak
youtube.com/watch?v=8w15IdPQFQM

the only people that still play are sergeyxx and a handful of meta memers yes

As a PS4 user, I am shit out of luck transferring items.

Anybody on PS4 willing to help me transfer a couple of items onto a new character?

Spears are among the best weapon classes in the game. With proper spacing and timing you can interrupt attacks before their hyperarmor starts. The running attack is katana-tier. You can't roll into a spear user without getting punished.

The Partizan is meh-tier in 3. WA is the same as a halberd and its shorter than other spears. Not a bad weapon perse, but there are better alternatives like the Gargoyle Flame Spear, Dragonslayer Spear (both of which can counter Greatshield users) or the Lothric Knight Spear.

This thing is starting to grow on me

IT HAS NO STYLE
IT HAS NO GRACE
THIS SWORD
IS OF THE C-TIER RANK

Alright. Give a pass and place

>look at what Ray Dhimitri's SL802 character can do with Morion+RSS!

I mean it's a cool video, but proves shit-all.

>The good ones are the ugliest
God damn it

>There are people in this thread that actually like Friede
Trash

Thanks mate!

Give me like a quick 5 minutes

It's probably 99 faith but the damage increase beyond 60 is really shit, so I guess one more spear would have done the job at 60 fai

that sucks, backstab fishing competitions aren't fun and trying to play "normally" against a skilled backstab fisher is literal suicide

Favourite boss from each game?

>DeS
Old Hero

>DS1
Manus, Father of the Abyss

>DS2
Sir Alonne

>DS3
Sister Friede

Is the gank forest in DaS1 still active?
How long does it take between invasions?

>it's a "3vs3 where you spawn alone versus a team of 3 people episode"
maybe i should just start cursing everyone for From's incompetence

Take your time

I'm still going to need that pass/place though

Undead match was a waste of resources.

>DeS
False King Allant
>DS1
Artorias
>DS2
Really torn between Velstadt, Raime and Darklurker... Slight edge to Raime
>DS3
Champion Gundyr

High wall

pass is transfer.

Have to do one last thing. Sorry for jerking you around

>DeS
Flamefucker

>DS1
Biggie Smalls

>DS2
Mirror Cunt

>BB
Father Gastrointestinal

>DS3
Pontiff Sillyman

Faggot

This is going to sound retarded, but I honestly forgot about False King Allant; he's also a fucking good fight, if a little weak to turpentine.

Alright, heading there now

What are your hopes for the second DLC, /dsg/?

I wish it had something to make it a viable alternative to the murakumo
from should have added more weird asian swords

Kicking is actually a viable option for someone who is backstab fishing, and its pretty commonly used as a counter.

If you see that your opponent kind of knows what they're doing, keep your spacing in check, refrain from fun moves or wild r1s that will leave you open, and make sure your build has at least 50 vit.

>Charmaine

Can always count on you dude.

On my way now

That its going to be longer than an hour and have more than one and a half bosses.

I want a curved sword with an ACOG

Ps3 is very active at sl200, otherwise you're better off just going to burg or township, unless you want to fight sl80s all day.

Did you drop something yet? I'm not seeing it

Waiting for your sign mate

>sl200
wut?

Who the hell summoned me then? Either way, red is down again

>DeS
True King Allant

>Ds1
Gwyn

>Ds2
Sir Alonne

>Ds3
Champ Grunther

I'll sing at your funeral.

It's a japanese meta that developed over the past year. Started on Nico, I'm assuming because sl135 wasn't enough for their cute builds to be viable.

High tier jp players and a handful of us and eu players go to the forest around or after 2am cst at sl200 to invade into ganks or host themselves

>Outstomping the BKGS

That is a first.

On my way to the bonfire!!

This is a brand new char so drop your sign

Alright, I'll throw down my white. I think I remember everything. There was a shitton so you'll have to bear with me.

Gonna make a save first

No prob.

I think I remember the souls stacks and the seeds, the armors and the Havy Great Club+0, blessestus, and embers.

FUCK, I did forget the chime. Saint-tree bellvine

Mind if either you drop one for me or help me transfer the one I have?

>True King Allant

No way, really?

Red is back down. You gave what you said. I don't remember a chime though so I'll go back and get that.

Mate, I still havent logged in yet.

Who did you give it to?

I love it when people posts lists like these while leaving out Bloodborne, and you know what they're missing out on.

>b-b-but AotA was about that long! How DARE you complain about things FROM graciously gives us!
I have to agree, no matter what excuses people peddle in FROM's stead, current AoA is not worth even its low price point. A good DLC should never leave you confused and thinking "wait, that was it?!" after you finish it, which was unfortunately the case for a lot of people after finishing ashes. That shit won't fly for the second DLC, especially as it may be the last content we get for the series, they can't just shit out another low effort 2 boss, 1-2 hour playtime shitfest. Who am I kidding? That's exactly what they'll do, but hey, le chainmom reference, right?

>True King Allant
Cool. As a fight he's obviously not much, but from a storytelling perspective he's awesome, i always loved that.

so they completely gave up on sl135 or it's just a side thing for the forest?

Just a side thing for the forest afaik. Burg and township randoms are still 120 to 135 usually.

>le chainmom reference
Jesus christ, do people actually believe that's what they were doing with Gravetender?
I fucking hate these fanboys willing to justify EVERYTHING From does, and does literal mind gymnastics to get there. Holy shit.

Yes, there are genuinely people saying that's what Gravetender is. After the DLC came out there were some posts asking along the lines of "what the fuck is this both wearing? it looks retarded etc." and the common response was that it was apparently suppose to be a reference to chainmom.

It's really not that bad. It's short, but what's there is good. The new weapons are interesting, and the arena is practically worth the price of admission itself.

Could it be better? Yes, definitely, but it is not a complete waste as is.

Well, good we got that sorted

Wasn't expecting you here

Calling it now
>DLC2 hits
>its Sable Church-centered again
>Boss 1: Yuria and Liliane go big girl 4u
>Boss 2(optional): some ebin DaS reference like 4kings rehash
>Boss 3: Kaathe -> Hydra
>Its 3 hours long
Meanwhile dropped storylines
>Age of deep sea from Aldrich's visions
>Profaned flame
>Ocelotte/other members of royal family
>Ornstein/nameless king involvement
>entirety of DaS2 forever retconned

I don't think it's 100% sure but it's a possibility, why else would they make him wear this?
they put a lot of effort in vilhelm's design and you only see him twice, they could have put the same amount in gravetender's design

I still can't believe the amount of actually good gameplay features we're missing just because Miyazaki refuses to acknowledge DaS2.

>entirety of DaS2 forever retconned
already done

>He even retconned DkS2 reaper backstab animations
What is wrong with that person

There were no good gameplay features from DaS2.

fuck off luci

>Make a boss with this new weapon
>Okay, like just an NPC?
>Yeah, that's the easiest way
>What should he wear?
>I don't care, make him look old. That skeleton armor we have will do

From just got lazy with that boss. If it was a reference it would be a lot more obvious because From can't into subtlety

I think I invaded a Japanese Fallen Knight Scrub Club or something.

>Tripfag with a shitty opinion
Nothing new here

they could have done what you said in a thousand ways, better and with the sets already in game

Why do people keep saying this shit?
Legitimately asking, not a huge fan of the series, but isn't das2 set ebin number of years in the future anyway? How can you retcon it?

>we'll never have full left hand movesets, powerstancing or ascetics back
why. instead of having actual new possible movesets, now when you put something in the off hand all you have is a basic attack and sometimes a stupid shitty block

At this point, the only way all the plot lines could ever possibly get resolved is if you had the fucking bearer of the curse pull a Big Boss in the end of fire ending and appear out of nowhere to vomit exposition at you for 30 minutes until everyone finally mercifully dies.

Hey guys! Just a friendly reminder that Karla is Zullie from DS2, and that Alva had the love of his life taken from him, and hollowed out trying to rescue Zullie from the Irythill Dungeon.

Hey, it may have been possible that with the humanity/effigy/ember from successfully invading you, he could have pushed through and rescued her. Alas, Zullie will forever think that the only person who truly loved her never tried to save her.

>but isn't das2 set ebin number of years in the future anyway
No, it just illustrates one of the fire-linking cycles that happened in far away lands, long before DaS3. Since you can find shield of want, luca's set and some other items from 2 in 3

DaS2 is set [unspecific time] after DaS1 and [unspecific time] before DaS3. It's evidenced to be in between the other two both by common sense but also because if you asceticed the 4 'main' bosses they would drop extra soul items with references to DaS1 bosses, i.e. Rotten on NG+ bonfire level would also drop the Old Dead One Soul. Also the fact that there's Drang equipment in DaS3 described as " proclaimed descendants from the land known for the legend of the Linking of the Fire." this doesn't make it absolute, as it's Drang and not Drangleic, but it's highly likely that that's just the proper name being lost to time like so many other things in the series.

>but isn't das2 set ebin number of years in the future anyway?
exactly, DaS2 is supposed to happen many cycles after DaS1, the great lords reincarnations are pointing at that
DaS3 is supposed to happen at the end of the first cycle, but you can still have infos and items from DaS2 which happens after DaS3's events
the only explanation for that is "time is convoluted

Name 1 character that has changed name before, and prove it

Well Karla and Alva are carryovers from DS2, so at least there's that. On top of that Karla's revealed to be a daughter of Manus which was a concept introduced in DS2.

It's not much, but its there.

>On top of that Karla's revealed to be a daughter of Manus
no

So, uh, it's not retconned then?

Also, regarding , why do you think that das3 is supposed to ga after das1?
Maybe it's actually another "dying world" scenario many cycles in the future, and SoC is not actually the one from the first game, and just a manifestation from the previous cycles?

Eh, i'm not vaati to pull shit out of my ass, but i mean, it's possible in theory?

Yuria.

>DaS3 is supposed to happen at the end of the first cycle
Source?

I don't know why that user thinks DaS3 is supposed to be before 2, I can't think of a single thing that indicates that, infact the items persisting from DaS2 even indicate the opposite. The SoC is just a generic "everyone who's linked it. ever. manifested as one being".

>and prove it
Explain your reasoning

the fire has been linked multiples times after gwyn and the chosen undead, they still kind of look like what they did before linking it so they're not just reincarnations
the SoC fight made it pretty clear

I recognize that cute face anywhere.

Taken from Karla's Ashes' description:

"The spurned child of the Abyss never dies, but phases in and out of its fringes. Only, there is no one to search for her any longer."

Much like Nashandra, Elana, Nadalia and Alsanna from DS2, Karla is a daughter of the Abyss (also known as daughters of Manus due to being parts of Manus)

Into the trash it goes

wow who cares about lore guys
go back to McSabre&Onyx Arena(14.99$)™ and actualy """play""" the game

I don't understand where you get the conclusion that DS3 happens "at the end of the first cycle" but that DS2 happens "many cycles after DS1".

Are you saying that the fire can be linked multiple times within a single 'cycle'? When marks the end of a 'cycle'?

>they still kind of look like what they did before linking it so they're not just reincarnations
What does this mean?