/ksg/- Katawa Shoujo General

Katawa Shoujo General #3200

Fields of Gold Edition

Previous thread: Official website: katawa-shoujo.com/ (KS is free)
About Katawa Shoujo: katawa-shoujo.com/about.php
Summer's Clover (Unofficial Miki route by Lilly's writer): ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9996
KS Alpha (Pre-release version: pastebin.com/weL41ehu
#KSGGames (Risk/Chess IRC Chat): pastebin.com/eaqK2kPq
Pastebin: pastebin.com/syJHnDCB
Writebin: pastebin.com/jUpSAYZE
KSG FAQ: pastebin.com/fFCGBSdi
Shimmie: shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/
New KSG Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1834162
Flockdraw: skycow.us/whiteboard
3D-Printable Katawa Figurines: ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10195.swf
Desktop Katawas: mediafire.com/?ogvo1fh7d5x36j9
/ksg/ exclusive 3DS themes: mega.nz/#!3hkznbaR!Zu_0gWDvitQspHUaEhtUeLG7iJhK4Q_79MpXaASkrQo
Katawa Shoujo Lite: newgrounds.com/portal/view/608881
KS Interactive Shrink: writing.com/main/interact/item_id/1858014-Katawa-Shoujo-shrink

LILLY!

>3200
Nice

W-well 30 Seconds To Mars has an album called 'love lust faith + dreams'...

Anyway, for Mish! Chubby and soft, and warm for the winter

>open notepad
>freeze
Damn I'm such an ebin writer

Alright then.

>and warm for the winter
I doubt it. She might need you to warm her up.

WHEN DO I START?

I don't know.
Next time you see her, I guess.

>next time you see her

Oh... okay

How is /ksg/ doing this morning?

I'm sorry.

Having a writers block.

you and me both, man.

Afternoon. Cold. Morning was even worse honestly

It's okay, I just... I felt really sad for the first time in a while

Doing good man, how bout you, anything good happen recently?

How the fuck am I suppossed to start a story. I have the various scenes and stuff prepared, but I have no idea how to start.

Start at a point where you can introduce someone to what feels like a path towards what you already have, that's about the best advice I can give without knowing your intentions.

Now this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down

I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called insert setting here

Good morning guys.

Stay strong! Never know when you'll lose your back-up.

How's it going in here?

Alright then.
I have some good news.

>ask a serious question
>get autistic answers
Why do I even bother

Morning man, I think it's good in here right now. How are you, anything good happen recently?

Well there's the election which feels good cause I live in a really liberal area

It can be rough just to start.
Right now I got a scene somewhere in the beginning, a scene somewhere in the middle, and a scene somewhere near the end. Kind of just blotting in what I feel like doing at the time, but I don't really have a beginning.
If a character's narrating, a monologue can be an easy in, it feels kind of cliche though.
Maybe just describe a scene and/or some feelings. Sort of get the curtain raised, as it were.

Good to hear.
>anything good happen
Not really.

That's good to hear man, hope you can enjoy the salt.
>Not really
Hopefully something good happens soon then man.

theonethatgotaway.jpg

Lots of those stories around.

Good morning ksg. How is Euro-friend time?
SHG are you here? I have entered a state of incoherent rage, and I have no Lilly pictures to compliment it.

Hey /ksg/ sleepy-user here, so, how was everyone's day?

G'morning, degenerate.
Tell us a story.

Morning man, how are you, anything good happen recently?
Hey man, it's going good. How bout your's, anything good happen recently?

Stayed up kinda late
Falling asleep in class
Got a nice rye bread sandwich to look forward to at lunch though

Hey there, Undertaker.
>SHG are you here?
He's been ultra busy all weekend from what I've asked him.

DESPITE ALL MY RAGE I AM STILL JUST A RAT IN A CAGE

Oh
What's the good news?

Morning Undie!

well, a normal day.I finished a draw so i'm kinda happy
>falling asleep in class
i know that feel bro

Bout to go smash some weights, senpai

Go get 'em, champ.

>finished a draw
Finishing things is always good man, hope you can enjoy more drawing.

I knock again, though with my hands the way they are, it sounds more like slapping on the wood. A sharp response calls me inside, but all I can do is stare dumbly at the handle for a second before knocking again, louder and more urgent this time. I hear footsteps make their way to the door, and it flies open, revealing a rather annoyed looking man in a pink shirt. He looks like he's about to tell me off for being irritating, but quickly changes his demeanor when he sees who I am.

"Ah, you must be Riley!" He exclaims, extending his hand. I look at it for a moment, and a look of realization crosses his face as he turns around, giving an embarrassed cough.

"Please, come in, come in. Forgive me for taking so long, we were just going over a rather interesting aspect of grammar, and I got caught up in the moment!"

He talks quickly, and it takes me a while to fully figure out what hes saying. I guess my Japanese has really slipped since middle school. I walk inside, and the teacher gestures for me to stand in front of the class, before clapping his hands to draw their attention.

"Everyone! I'd like for you to all welcome our newest classmate!"

I instinctively shove my left hand into my pocket at the prospect of being the center of attention, before giving a short wave. Most of the class stares at me, some obviously expecting some kind of introduction, some curious at seeing a foreigner. One girl in particular is staring out the window, and hasn't looked up once. I feel a little bit offended, to be honest.

>"Hi, my name's Riley. I'm new here."

Not the most engaging of intros, but making dialogue is hard so whatever. The teacher gives another awkward cough, before pointing out where I'll be sitting; a desk right at the back. Perfect for me, I suppose. I sit down and take a second to study my new classmates.

Is it shit? Should I give up?

It looks alright to me, pacing is maybe a bit quick.

how to fix?? ive always had trouble with pacing

It's definitely well-written, I think it's hard to rate it as an opening until I see where the rest of the scene goes. As far as constructive criticism goes, I agree with Kenji, might be a good idea to slow it down slightly to build the mood.

>Riley

Evening lads

Good morning folks. And yea but sometimes he just had it open and I wanted to talk to him.
Morning to you both. It's all blogging bullshit about school,
So, in college I'm a double major for political science as well as criminal justice. Being in IL, it's expected that the teachers here'd be more liberal. Hell, I'm left leaning on multiple issues. I was invited by my advisor to observe her class presentation. She was.... unsatisfied, when she asked if there were any objecting opinions when the opening slide to a PowerPoint was a photoshopped image of Trump as a clown, and said if anyone was uncomfortable with it should leave. A few students stood up to leave, but I sat there and said I would stay because she's as free to have her beliefs as I was to have mine. The dude behind me asked if I was racist, and I replied the people who push me most towards being racist are the ones who label me as belonging in a "basket of deplorables." Now I'm sure you can tell that I get to be a cocky son of a bitch when things go my way, or even if they do not I can still put on a smirk. Three of the five students sat back down, whilst two others left. She gave the presentation, half of which was just John Oliver, and asked what we all thought after. Some students said they agreed, some didn't, I told her I felt like I had learned nothing and that this was a waste of an educational class period which people are paying hundreds of dollars for to get a laugh and a pat on the back for being so "forward thinking."
I walked out with a smug face but god damn am I mad that so many fucking people are wasting their efforts on figuring out "why we lost" like it's a fucking baseball game and you can just look through the highlights. The election was not a two team game! We're all in this together, and will be for at least four years, and I hope it's eight because I love an underdog that proves people wrong.

yeah, it's always cool to draw, the only thing is that i'm almost never happy of what i did, i guess that's pretty much the problem of every artist.But yeah, it's really cool to finish something
hey! having a good evening?

it's alright. fix the pacing by having Riley pay more attention to the things that are new to him. for now he seems to be taking everything in stride, which kinda kills any incentive to sympathize with him.

as for his hands: is this a recent thing or something he's had for a longer time? if it's the former it's fine to let him fumble around a bit and try to do things he used to be able to, if not have him deal with those kinds of things in his own way.

also, just a minor note but if he's an exchange student showing up in the middle of class like he's not expected to know his schedule yet, why is he by himself instead of having a teacher or other member of staff there to show him where his first class will be?

and last of all, not sold on the whole foreigner-going-to-a-Japanese-school concept but I'll give that a pass for now.

Had what open? Drawing?
>spoiler
It seems like many people have gotten frustrated at the whole thing, at some point from the beginning to now. Hard to avoid I guess, just try not to let it get to you too much.

Hard to say, I suppose something about building the mood like the other guy said, taking advantage of the five senses, things like that.
I don't think I'm very good with pacing at times, either. I tend to go the other way though, too many thoughts and blabber from the character. Some people like that, but not a lot.

>mad that so many fucking people are wasting their efforts on figuring out "why we lost"
I can honestly understand you here. Even though I'm shit at politics and you damn well know my opinion on Trump, I still wish you guys the best and what not. But sitting there and trying to figure out what went wrong won't help anyone, no matter if they are Hilary supporters or Trump enthusiasts.
But it looks like you got a chance to show some balls so I guess it's good?

Morning man, how are you, anything good happen recently?
>spoiler
They're just used to having only a few influences and want to pretend to care in order to appear good willed man. These faggots claim to be trying to make unity, while pushing people that don't 100% agree with them away man. You're doing well to tell people how they waste time and money man, keep it up.

Oh, right.
By the looks of things, Nekopara Vol.3 is set to release by the end of the year. So get on it.

I don't deal in actually story structure rather than continuity and spelling errors but here's what I can deduce so far.

>You've lost your left arm
As a left handed person I can safely say this has nothing to do with the awkward hand shaking situation you manufactured.

Interesting...

At the same time, I think a case study for 'why we lost' would do them some good, if they did it correctly. Which they won't.

Should have before green text man.

I'd say you need an emotional hook, give us more of a sense of who Riley is and how they think. I get the sense that they're somewhat anti-social or at least nervous, maybe play off that a little bit more. They always say "show, don't tell", I think that's a good rule to use when it comes to that.

THIS IS NO GOOD NEWS I HAVEN'T EVEN TOUCHED DS3'S DLC YET!

I'm a little slow today so you might have to explain

>left handed
Neat, me too.

Really?
It's pretty short. Kinda average.
It's apparently mostly for pvp which I don't give a shit about.
And lore is pretty meh.
I guess the only thing it has going for it is the weapons they introduced have really neat WA mechanics but I wouldn't really know because they kind of fall out of my niche range of stuff.

Also don't know if currency conversion is good for this but it's like ~50 pol-bux. Probably not worth that much.

I'm aware that it's short, but honestly, I still have some part of "Blood and Wine" left to finish as well. But noo, WoW sucked me in again.
Plus I bought season pass anyway so I will be getting that DLC no matter what

Nth for a happy Hana!

>Still talking about this VN.

>He fell for the season pass meme
So did I...

>Hana trying to get comfy
>trying

G'morning, Skynet.

My filenames are not always 100% accurate, no bully.
Except this one though.

Ho ho ho.
Almost got me waffle man.
Your fault lay in that the filename was too long to show clearly so I had to manually enter that last three words.

HAH

Well she looks pretty comfy for me so you know

Yeah but if I make it too short, google trad will give you something incoherent so it won't work that way...
Neat!

>HAH
whaaaat?

>Well she looks pretty comfy for me so you know
That's what I'm saying.
How could should be trying to if she already is.

I expect a master shit-stirrer like yourself to be able to develop a way to overcome that.

What a fine morning it is.

I wanted to put it in chinese or something but French is waaaay cuter and goes well with a k-on gif

Thanks guys. Sorry, courthouse is just oh so fun cause the libtard I made the bet with is watching the same fucking episode of Oliver.

>whaaaat?
Laughing at your naivety
and my own as well

But you are still a cheeky waffle baguette!

No problem, man.

Any particular reason?

Whatever you say, buddy.

Thanks for reminding me to go watch that and...
>It not available in your country
I smell a plot...

I think we'll laugh at yours more, getting sucked into WoW and whatnot.

Here, have a slightly higher res.

Don't get mad because Polish is inferior. It's not your fault you know

>sucked into WoW
B-but it's fun!
I've been playing for like 10 years now...

>Polish
>quotes a kiwi
Ye waffle!

>the polish is the nice user
Oh shit, Polish is super nice I bet! Honestly no idea

>spoiler
Seems like many people were in it for a long time. Betcha can't eat just one. Was hard to find friends for other games at that time.

>the nice user
Ohohohohoho

My friend dragged me into it actually and I kinda stayed... For a while

Poland is always the nice Mish-poster

Kiwi is the New Zealand devil! A brown fluffy devil meany face!!! He's an archivist, so he posts all over the place, though he's a Lilly bro. He's the one that has a love/hate relations with your squishy Lilly's

Finished my workday in 15 minutes.

Never thought it was my fault.

Sure it is.
He says like he's any better...

And it honestly doesn't really matter.

I smell bias...

Such are joys of a fucked up hand.

>Riley

Oops. Got beat to the punch.

Anyway, keep writing mofo

I wonder if Fluff still uses that mousepad.

Suzu!

>Library shuffles to a KS song you haven't heard in months and all the feels come rushing back

>spoiler
More like hate/hate I think...

There's no bias, just a mutual respect between soft girls lovers!

God stop making me hungry, I could go for some good bias right now

Or, you know, a sandwich or something.
After these next two chapters, I'm gonna do one of the Wonka finally, then VotRS and then HF, sound good?

>sit down in front of your Casio and press the one button
>play through the few bits and pieces of songs and such you taught yourself by watching youtube videos
>start playing the beginning bit of Breathlessly without thinking
>turn off the casio

anyone know any drugs that knock you unconscious if you take too many? preferably easy to get

Melatonin is the natural sleep aide released by the brain. They sell over the counter pills. Don't kill yourself, but those will make you sleepy and put you out

>Spend the past week having your library set to shuffle albums
>EBS is ordered really fucked so it seems like every second set is a block of it.

Riiiiight.

>sound good?
You make it sound like this is some kind of negotiation.
Do what you want, dood.

Also what the fuck is a bias in food terms?

Paint thinner.

Just slam cough syrup or something.

HARD WORK, BABY

Cyanide?

narcolepsy

Rivotril, Tramal