/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: plailect.github.io/Guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo released 11.2. Updating is safe for RedNAND/a9lh users.
-New exploits that allow to downgrade from 11.1 are going to be released soon. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.
You can downgrade from 11.0, 11.1 and 11.2 with a hardmod or hacked system transfer. Check Plailect's guide.

>Wii U
-Preview version of hexFW released.
-haxci has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/447688/
-Stable CFW with RedNAND released. gbatemp.net/threads/446819/
-You can run games from USB without IOSU.

>Vita
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-More details on the 4.01 jailbreak. wololo.net/2016/10/26/details-surface-ps4-4-01-jailbreak-potentially-enough-public-release-soon/
-Rumor from a reputable warez group that hacks are coming soon. wololo.net/2016/11/02/ps4-xbox-one-hacks-trsi-announces-warez-getting-close/

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

plailect.github.io/Guide/region-changing
dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for memes

Has anyone used the config.cia in the OP to get around the 7 day transfer timer and can provide some instructions?

>haven't touched my vita since sun/moon came out
epsp when anyway?

Hey l just got a 3DS on 9.3 and l finished the C F W process so it runs downIoaded games.

lt came with a physicaI cart of New Ieaf which l wouId Iike to pIay but when l Iooked at the New Ieaf generaI, a bunch of returning pIayers had corrupt fiIes, and they said you cannot back up New Ieaf cart saves. l reaIIy want to pIay the physicaI cart version so l have the option to pIay on another 3DS without a C F W, but l am worried about not having a back up of the cart save.

ls it better for me to pIay the downIoaded one from 3DS lSOs? Can l back up the physicaI cart save somehow and use that instead?

l won't be updating the system or going onIine, wiII this be bad for the downIoaded New Ieaf?

lf you pIay the November updated New Ieaf cart on another consoIe, then put the cart into a consoIe without the update (originaI New Ieaf), can you stiII see the items? What happens?

No, but I use my Wii U a lot for taking it around, I lend it for Smash events, I take it for other such get togethers, in which I made Puyo Puyo tetris popular, and next step, Taiko no tatsujin with 4 players too.

The less I have to setup Wifi connections, hotspot my cellphone and fuck around with connection settings and other bullshit every time, the better.

Region freeing the Sysnand, and installing the Japanese games I want from 100% legit packages makes it so I just have to fire up the Wii U and fire up the game we want to play. Of course, AFTER someone FINALLY fucking uploads a ticket for Puyo Puyo Tetris.

I already told in my first post I did this "to a Wii U with rednand" - I have two, other has rednand that I now have tested this with with success. I just do not use my 2nd wii U as much as my main one, it does not have as big of hard drive paired to it, and the more I can do with just one Wii U the better.

Guess I have to just setup whole compile and python environments and build the FIX94 shit myself then. Thanks for always being helpful. Fucking vampires.

Just got a n3DS with 9.8.0-23U

All I need to do is follow plailects guide to the letter, right?

>WAHHH WAHHHH SPOONFEED ME

kill yourself faggot

>I use my Wii U a lot for taking it around
>I lend it for Smash events
>I take it for other such get togethers
>I made Puyo Puyo tetris popular

How can you fit this much autistic faggotry in one post?

>Literally Nintenfags

Vita and Wii U scene really picked up not too long ago and now we're back to silence. CFWs may or may not come out but we're just kind of waiting on nothing right now.

PS4 CFW when?

If you are doing the DSiWare system transfer from a hacked 3DS to a new 3DS on 11.2, can you use the same SD card for the entire process or do you need two separate SD cards?

yea

Posting here because /emugen/ seems slow
I heard about a Citra build that crashed every 30 minutes or so, but didn't had a very noticeable memory leak. Is it true? If so, where can i get it?

I asked nicely, explained what I want nicely, and when it seemed nobody is helping out then I will just waste bunch of time making one time build environment for one time use.

And I will probably, I installed A9LH back when you had to compile your installer with your own OTP same shit just fucking around with python too.

Thanks for the help anons.

Violent store robberies, People playing video games together and other black neighborhood crimes.

>being passive aggressive because people won't spoonfeed you

can you just leave already lmfao

Here I go then. Thanks user.

O3DS and N3DS use two different types of SD card. Otherwise you can if you specify so during the transfer.

>Looking at the Brazilian Guide to running games from a USB
Is that it? That seems way too easy. I

it's that easy

Same, my man.

If came in expecting good security from Nintendo, you were mistaken.

What emulators run well on n3ds? Is their a pc 98 emulator?

I would been less so if I did not get baited through three responses to shit I already knew about, and had to explain why I am not looking to using them full time. Only to get fuck all.

I can call you asshole for that user.

It is that easy.
Thank Nintendo and Iwata security.

Good morning, /hbg/.

>you will never be this assblasted in a dead general because people won't spoonfeed you easily accessible infomation

feels good

>looking around for modded original xboxs
>all the ones that are hard moded are 200+ bucks
At least the kit to just softmod is cheapish.
And then i have another xbox i could softmod as well.

Man, I would have gotten a Wii-U ages ago had I known.

A softmodded Xbox is just as good as a hardmodded Xbox unless you really want to go out your way to install more RAM on your Xbox to play Virtua Cop 3 or have fancy LED mods.

only came out 1 month ago

I was more asking just for FW image so I woudl not have to waste time installing devkit pro, reinstalling python, installing few crypto libs, obtaining raw FW.img myself, and compiling the whole thing for myself.

Which is what the OP already has for anyone as long as they want the rednand option mind you.

The information is easy but for someone without any of the build environment installed it would have saved some fucking time but fuck me I forgot where I was again.

So fuck you. I am reinstalling devkitPro.

And to note: OP has redNAND FW there.

Yeah. There is also methods for region free but not exactly easiest thing to do. Also Easy to use CFW maybe soon(tm) and other shit. Ability to hack your Wii menu for some glorious Wii and GameCube piracy.

Bought a cracked 3dsl. How do games into this?

It already has a bunch of bullshit games, but not the ones I want to play

install through FBI or freeshop

how much did you pay for it

ooh, that's possible? I'd like to know too.

Wii U can finally load games without Loadiine and now eShop and DLC, so I thibk we can keep ourselved iccupied till further news.

I never played Darksiders, should I play II or wait for the eShop port of the first one this 22nd?

paid a lot unfortunately. moonspeak shit

it has FBI and super cool installer SOON!2 on it already, is that good?

>buy second hand vita
>not really expecting anything, just want to play some games
>the guy gifts me two 8 gigs cards and trew in three games
>firmware is 3.60
>all for less than $70

I never thought it would be so simple.

Thanks for the bIog.

I paid $150 for OLED with 16gb, fug me

Main way is .CIA files. I am saying this because tons of games are still distributed with CIA, cartridge leaks like Pokemon sun or moon are still only available as manual CIA download, if you ever want undubs or whatever like that, .cia files is what you want.

Best way to install them is newest FBI. See your main menu if you have anything like DevMenu, BigBlueMenu, or FBI installed.

If the FBI you have does not have a graphical interface and a big 3D box as it's banner, you need to update FBI.

Also homebrew is available as CIA, like freeShop.

FreeShop or scanning QR codes with FBI from 3ds.titlekeys site are the most stupidly easy ways to install games. These pull the games straight from nintendo's servers, have also DLC and update data around, but is limited to only officially released content. No undubs, fan translations etc. here.

Remove SOON and update FBI - possibly manually.

Would be nice if we know how it is hacked, there is few methods of booting and handling NAND storage stuff.

Currently most popular and objectively the best method is Arm9HaxLoader. This installs exploit to the system's BOOT that ends up running your own stuff on boot, namely CFW on boot, so first thing that happens in the system is that CFW gets booted. This eliminates need for what was mostly called "EmuNAND" - this was a copy of the NAND in your system on SD card, and CFW would boot and redirect all the NAND read and writes to the SD card.
This way you could keep your main system intact and in 9.2 which was the firmware you need to have for ARM9 exploits (anything that has full system access in other words)

Best way to know which one you have is booting the system from full power down. If your upper screen shows some weird stuff, and lower screen shows some colors and then boots again finally into home menu, you have Menuhax and older type of setup.

This to also make sure your CFW is not outdated slightly.

mother fucker

I got mine used from FUCKING GAMESTOP because I had money left over after getting rid of all my 3ds carts and wii u games. It was almost $150 and all they gave me the phat with a defective charger. Luckily it was below 3.60.

NEVER EVER
very good taste in thighs however

Be sure to subscribe :)

$150 for the 16 GB is not so bad bro. One of my friends bought one arround the same price as you but he only got a 4 GB card and NO GAEMS.

>Luckily it was below 3.60
At this point that's the only thing that matters.

I totally agree, even I though I swung for a 64gb card, I'm enjoying vita piracy very much

Nice. Speaking of deals, I snagged a 32GB Vita card for $50 at a local pawn shop. They also got some old ass Vitas that were never updated past 2.x or something.

Lickable!

What? I've backed up new leaf plenty of times. I haven't updated yet though so no idea how the update changed things. You can use your physical cart save on a digital game using JKSM to import the save if you'd prefer. No idea on your last question.

Do 64 GB SD cards work? My research says that only 32 is supported, but I've heard others say they've been using 64.

For 3DS? Yeah.

>If the FBI you have does not have a graphical interface and a big 3D box as it's banner, you need to update FBI.
It seems this is the case. The icon is a rotating 3d box with printed FBI on it. It seems as if it supports downloading with QR code though. Why do I need to update it?

I feel even more stupid after opening the 3ds title key site. Do I need to upload some information from my 3ds to generate the QR codes?

Also, assuming this works. How do I add files to the SD card without prying open th is thing? I still want to add some NDS titles and possibly emulators

>set up 3DS with custom firmware and a9lh and everything
>don't know what to do with it
I already have my PSP for emulating GB/GBA/SNES, there's only two or so games I want to play and I'd rather buy them, and I'm planning to wait for Sun/Moon to come out officially because my friends are waiting too.
Guess I could try getting my old Acekard 2i to work. What do I have to do to patch my TWL_FIRM?

256 gb cards work too

>32GB Vita card for $50
>i'm still stuck with a 4 GB
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Anyone want to buy a A9LH Fire Emblem 3DS? It comes with a 32GB SD card with more than a dozen games including Pokemon Moon.

What's the max you would pay for it on Ebay or Craigslist?

I've just always wanted one of the super hard modded ones.
And having one with a larger drive preinstalled would be cool too.

Totally worth it
If you fill even half of it it already pays for itself

How much do you expect to get for it?

no. I made just sure. You can actually update FBI inside the application so you can hit that once.
The upload feature is how the title keys got there. Any title on the site that already has encrypted title key is fair game.

There is the small search bar you can search any info of the game, by name mostly, with. Then click a box or up to three or four different boxes, they will grey out and a "generate QR code" block appears on upper right corner of the site. Click it and it will show a QR code you can scan to start downloading and installing the games you just dictated.

NDS games are still not playable with Hacked 3DS alone. There is work being done in this area, but nothing yet. To play DS games you need a DS slot 1 flashcart device.

Emulators are fine, as are virtual console releases. Retroarch 3DS is what you want I guess. It is more or less ONLY emulation source for 3DS.

>trying to install moon.cia via FBI
>got error

What seems to be the problem?

$250 minimum

Wonder if there are even enough Vita memory cards floating around to justify Black Friday sales
16GB is shit fucking QCMA

There was an error installing moon.cia via FBI.

lol
it's a fucking used 3ds with a $10 sd card

Maybe $150 as its an old small 3ds.
Thats wat too much. For 250 one could buy a brand new new 3ds and a 126g card.

But it's a limited edition FE 3DS and it's already hacked with games on it.

>To play DS games you need a DS slot 1 flashcart device.
I think I got that. But with a tiny sd card only. Do I need to convert them like I did with my old nds lite flashcart or how do I work around it these days?

I'm trying the QR as I type. The thing came all in japanese and I still haven't been able to change system language...

... You should be careful about the "already games on it" part because if anyone follows some laws you can get your sale shut down fast and cops knocking on door.

No one can prove that the games are legit or not

"limited edition" does not mean much.

If you find an hardcore fan of FE, maybe.
Your buyer will most likely have never heard of FE, or not enough to care

So you bought a Japanese 3DS as I understand?
You need to completely region swap the system, and it is recommended you also have Arm9LoaderHax before you do it. Which we do not know and I would not expect you to know right away.

"It has pokemon Moon installed to it before even available from eShop!"
"NO ONE CAN PROVE THIS"
Alright user. Live wild and free I would not take it any other way.

By the time it ships to the persons house, Moon/Sun would have already released worldwide user.

>a 126g card

Chinked.

>So you bought a Japanese 3DS as I understand?
Yeah. I'm in China. I bought one of the Jap versions that looks like a super famicom. So system language is Jap and all games are Chinese.

Trying to download some game now but its downloading at less than 100kb sec so I guess its gonna take forever to download a proper game.

Oh you are that guy, I think I remember you posting about that few threads ago and asking does it seem to be good.

You should tell what the Flashcart is. See the label, tell us what it tells so we can help more with that.

If I remember it was advertised as A9LH hacked already? In that case you can region change it. 3DS does not have option to changing language, you have to go in and deep to do that, it is possible but A9LH is definitive safeguard if you accidentally fuck up something.

Yeah it's me and yeah it's A9LH, although some guy told me that was the 3ds version. '

It's nice, but I expected loading times to be less than back with the nds.

I feel like an idiot, but I tried to install a game through a QR code and it takes forever. Either because of Chinese firewall or nintendo slow servers. While I am doing this, can I pull the flashcart or is it also used?

From what I understood it's writing to the internal sd card now (I think I have to use a screwdriver to reach it)

i have an eu new3ds hacked with browserhacks but i cant access the internet or update my games and httpwn doesnt work, what to do?

>WII-U forces me to format SD card when I put it in
>PC forces me to format it when I move it over
I don't understand

Whens weebstation 4 piracy?

>See the label, tell us what it tells so we can help more with that.
Actually no label.

I found a menu with graphics from Final Fantasy 7 and 8 being used to navigate (some swords). I think this is the flashcart, but not sure

Truth be told the vita is much better than the 3dshit.

better for what ?

gaming ? it has no game

Better for cumming on

Pantyquest machine

i guess it technically has better hardware... but the 3ds has way better games YOU NIGGER

Yeah. Slot 1 can be ejected whenever not in use. It is also adviced to not keep it in unless you use it as flashcart devices use more battery than DS or 3DS cartridges, which do not drain the battery while idling in the slot.

You need a microSD reader to write games. Modern flashcarts need no patching or anything, just dump the NDS file somewhere, boot it and navigate to it.

3DS game installation is what it is. They are quite large and yes, every one of them needs to be downloaded.

If you think MEGA or something like that is better source - search for 3DSiso site. You need to make forum account to make downloads visible.

the microSD card of your N3DS is indeed behind the back cover. To add or remove files you have the option of MicroSD management, officially N3DS only feature nintendo made because of the new design. It makes your 3DS visible to network and lets you access the SD card and write/read over the network. Too bad your system is in japanese so it is harder to explain how to do it.

THIS GUIDE IS FOR REGION CHANGING. read it well and maybe do it after you understand some basics of hacked 3DS.

plailect.github.io/Guide/region-changing

What does the 3ds have? Pokemon? What are you, a 12yo?

monster hunter, nigga

wonderful, thanks for your replies.

it's sleeptime here already, so I'll get on this tomorrow. thanks again!

Is there a homebrew for sun and moon pokebank yet?

I'm too old to fap on weebshit

Currently playing SMT4A on 3ds

HAHAHA, playing monster hunter on a 240p display with horrible controls.

Better than not playing it at all :^)

I think i kind of agree. When i had my 3DS the only games i played were the Etrian Odyssey games and OoT. I guess kirby is ok too.

yea that really is capital letter 3 HA's funny.

i'll continue enjoying my 3ds and you can have fun fapping to 12 yo weeb girls in shit vita games.

Is cool. I have to get back to playing around with my Wii U, testing region free mods and then I gotta build shit so I can do same for my other Wii U.

guys, im stuck at this part of the guide

Old 3DS
You should be on 2.1.0
Go to dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin on your 3DS

the 3ds freezes, and i cant do anything besides turning it off

should I start again? if so, from which part? Reinstall luma?

>eating shit is better than not eating at all
>:^)

>yea that really is capital letter 3 HA's funny.
It is you dumb nintendrone. Nintendo keeps shoving shitty outdated and overpriced hardware at you and you keep buying it.