/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, November 14th:
1812 – Napoleonic Wars: Battle of Smoliani, French Marshals Victor & Oudinot defeated by Wittgenstein.
1862 – American Civil War: President Abraham Lincoln approves General Ambrose Burnside's plan to capture the Confederate capital at Richmond, Virginia, leading to the Battle of Fredericksburg.
1889 – Pioneering female journalist Nellie Bly (aka Elizabeth Cochrane) begins a successful attempt to travel around the world in less than 80 days. She completes the trip in 72 days.
1914 – The Ottoman Empire declares war against Britain, France, Russia, Serbia and Montenegro during the early months of World War I.
>News
EU4 DD 08/11
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-8th-of-november-2016.980828/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6 - 15/09/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Is it possible to pirate the DLC for EU4 and get it working with multiplayer with mates? I have the base game on steam.

>20 posts early

What are the odds of Paracuck bringing back the OOB for HOI IV?
Like in a future DLC or as a feature that could be modded into it?

>inb4 OOB was sheer autism.
>inb4 kys HOI3 shill

HOI3's interface was pure cancer but at least it allowed rather immersive playthroughs with the OOB.
And yes, I've played GOI IV and already spent 150 hours on it but I'm fed up with this bloat arrow drawing simulator which allows for no immersion or even the need for a planned strategy whatsoever.

inb4 nice blog

if your mates have the dlc just have them host it

Yeah but I don't always play with my mate that has it.

Reposting this here laddos, 1 vote for Westeros so far.

>inb4

westeros or no balls

here are my suggestions

>spent 150 hours on it
fuck off back to /r/paradoxplaza

The grand GSG council decided upon Aegon's path, possibly to appease their new overlord. After all, Aegon had already named his ambitions for Westeros before the council was created. Now, what kingdom should be subdued first by the dragon?

Alright, what the fuck?

>m-muh sekrit clahb!!

I want /neo-gsg/ to go

Stormlands. Then grant Orys the Stormlands.

>those flags
>They don't eveneed have anything to do with the country
Back to /A/ Weeb

Whichever one lets you reclaim Dragonstone

>befriend dracula

>reddit gets butthurt
>i-it's neo-gsg
Back to r/paradoxplaza you go

Westeros

Stormking needs to get Skreked

This, I hate these people, they are fucking blatantly reddit users

>>>>r/paradoxplaza

>>m-muh sekrit clahb!!
stop playing shitty games or kys

The council chose, and Aegon struck. The lords of the coast were easily subdued, and the Storm King was struck in a battle, yet he still fights. What shall we do, GSG? Attack without mercy and try to kill him so our boy Orys inherits the Stormlands, or just end the war without caring if Argilac dies?

What flag is this?

communist if you check the government type (Under the country name)

It says republic though, and I distinctly remember the Japanese communist flag was red

In CK2 how do I get succession to be eldest son only? Two generations in and this shit is getting confusing now.

It's republic.

Triggered.

Actually I go on Paradox forums apart from /gsg/ and I don't even have a reddit account.
Plebbit gave me almost the same useless reaction asking the same question there.

Yeah I realize that but what is the real world flag's name, where's it from?

>blatant reddit user
You have to go back user

literally drop dead senpai

>all this reddit vs 4chin autism.

I love this place.

Kill Argillac so that you can trigger Ory's story-line event

A bit late, fampai.

Argilac the Arrogant faced his end against the dragons, falling upon the fields which shall not be named. The Stormlands surrender upon Aegon's authority, Argilac's daughter brought to Aegon in chains. Her fate, along with the fate of the Stormlands shall be decided soon. Now, where shall the dragon strike next?

Iron Islands

Reach

I'd say go for The Reach, though I doubt you can wipe out the Gardeners due to CKII mechanics

The Reach

The council of autists has decided to invade the reach. But another pressing matter now comes to them; Orys Baratheon, the rumoured bastard brother of Aegon the Conqueror. He was a key figure in taking the Stormlands, and now the opportunity to repay him has come. Shall we grant him the Stormlands, Argella's hand, her house sigil and words... Or shall we give the Stormlands to a native lord?

>he has been a leal sevrant

Reward him.

Orys is a total bro and your advisor, friend, and half-brother, there is no better lord paramount of the stormlands

With the votes tallied, Orys is granted the Stormlands. He does not shy away from offering his unwavering support to conquering the rest of the seven kingdoms, and now the half-brothers turn their eyes to the Reachmen and their fields. Valar dohaeris.

why do the jews have to ruin everything?

how else am i supposed to win wars against armies that are twice my size if i can't use tactics?

There isn't a real world counterpart I think

Read AFPG pdf to know

reward him

>going for Westeros, a piss poor place full of mud instead of Essos, a place that is rich, ancient and more interesting
Enjoy playing you visual novel reenactment of Aegon's conquest.

r8 my family

The Gardener(d)s bend in one large battle and one siege, offering surrender before they are destroyed. As reward for their humility, the family is spared and left as lords paramount. Now, where shall we strike next?

>Queen Paula
>Prince-Consort Ivan
Sweden please go

Take out the Western Lords and Cut Westeros in HALF

Take the Westerlands, wipe out the Lannisters and put the Reynes in charge.

Attacking the Westerlands seemed natural, after all, the country was under a civil war at the time. But Aegon stops at Oldtown before moving his army out, wishing to hear out a request of the high septon. The High Septon offers to convert Aegon and his close family and courtiers to the faith, along with knighting them. Shall we accept, or ignore his blatherings and keep to our faith?

Convert, your high valyrian-ness will still let you keep the bloodline pure anyway.

Why abandon your meme gods?

don't convert dragons are based

>befriend Dracula

1 vote for cucking yourself

2 for staying with your meme religion

We decide to fuck the high septon and stay as our meme religion worshipping selves. The Lannisters falter easily, most of the family burning during the siege of Casterly Rock. A worm of a man is left to handle the family holdings, while we move on. Decide our fate.

We also have the option to form the Kingsguard. Do we form it now?

Fuck their religion, hail old Valyria

Invade Dorne now, also form Kingsguard

Take Dorne and form the Kingsguard

Conquer the iron islands and then form the Kingsguard

Dorne shall falter next. While the council shall not see the recruitment of the whole Kingsguard, they shall oversee the selection of the Lord Commander. Shall we recruit from the greatest knights, or the most powerful houses?

Knights fuckers, do this shit on Merit

A mix of both, make sure you get two or three legendary warriors, then fill the rest of the spots with knights from the great houses. Even better if they fulfill both conditions.

only the best

If you conquer dorne make sure to keep your favorite sister-waifu alive

We have decided to recruit the commander of the Kingsguard based on merit. These three are our best candidate. Humfrey the Mummer is the best fighter of them all, while the top one is almost as skilled, along with as tall as an oak. The bottom one is the worst of the bunch. Which shall we choose to be our lord commander?

Humfrey the Hummer it is!

Humfrey

The Mummer accepts and joins as the first knight of the Kingsguard, vowing to never sire any children and to protect the king until he can no longer fulfill his duties in life. The rest of the kingsguard shall be chosen without the council's input. Now, to Dorne!

Gas the Dorns, Dragon War now

After a long and gruesome war, Dorne submits without much loss to the throne, besides some manpower. Now, we have two options. To end our conquest, or to move north, to face the Iron King.

Move North

As we set to north, a miracle happens! Two twins! What shall their names be?

Move North

Whats the best strategy for not getting my shit kicked in as the mamluks?

Fag 1 and Fag 2

Russia is the only eligible rival, but we have really good relations. What do I do?

YOU NEED BREATHING SPACE user, TOTAL WAR NOW

Take Moscow, Volgograd and St. Petersburg, obviously.

NOTHING WILL STOP THIS TEUTONIC ADVANCE

r8 my fylkir8

I plan on incorporating Frisia, most of Scandinavia and the southern Baltic coast, and I already have Iceland to the north. I just don't know what to call my empire. Jorvik was alright when I was just on Great Britain, but it seems off now that the majority of my empire is on the continent.

>inb4 meme norse blob

This was my only option once Byzantium decided to actually get shit done instead of implode like it does in 99% of my games.

you clearly need more lebensraum

How in the fuck does the ai form Rome
What the shit.

HPM+Swiss cultures minimod
Catalonia and Piedmont are my satellites. I have just won a war with france to make piedmont a satellite, next time i'm going to take as much regions as possible with the war of unification cb.

Honestly Hoping Rome overpowers you considering how well they have done.

How did you fuck up those boarders so bad?

Release Scotland and make it a super march, building forts in every single province.

>as much regions as
fuck, as many regions as*

I will fix the borders with france in the next war, and i will annex algeria when i have a lower infamy

Done. A few things must be done before total war with the slavs.
1. I must ensure that France will not try anything while I am at war with Russia
2. I must conquer the rest of Poland before Russia does
3. I must secure an alliance with the Draculs of Wallachia
4. Before allying myself with Wallachia, I must diplo annex what's left of Denmark (they are my vassal)
5. Try to get Sweden on my side

k

As far as I can tell, the Abbasids began falling apart after a million revolts while the Byzantines got super lucky in inheritance and holy wars. The Emperor mended the schism and formed the RE, but later died along with most of his immediate family in a plague, leaving only his daughter alive to inherit, who was betrothed to a Karling in a regular marriage. So now the Karlings are in control and the empire is catholic.

Things are a little crazy desu senpai.

>reich
>conquered entire europe
>fighting war with USSR
>got up to the urals
>captured moscow, stalingrad, leningrad, sevastopol and whatever the hell is considered important
>they still won't capitulate over some shitty desert
seriously? is the USSR unbeatable?

>Try to get Sweden on my side
For what purpose? You already have your own Space Marines