Forgot to pay a credit card bill of $118 and my credit score went down 100 points, is this normal? How do I fix this?

Forgot to pay a credit card bill of $118 and my credit score went down 100 points, is this normal? How do I fix this?

I don't think so. I haven't missed a payment in 12 years, but back then they didn't even report it until you were 6 months behind.

car and house payments are a different story.

This wasn't even that much money. I'm amazed how much it was knocked down

Pay your bills on time. Eventually your good-goy score will return if it pleases your credit overlords.

>having a credit card
>worrying about a credit score
>not paying cash for everything

How are you able to view both? Is that from your online bank?

If you weren't born with 10-20 million dollars then you need to worry about a good credit score.

If it hasn't gone to collections just call and pay it off. Now if it *has* gone to collections. Call the collection company and ask for a pay to delete. Google it for more info but from what I understand you pay the debt and the agency will have it deleted from your record. Google it cause I'm sure there's steps to this shit.

>caring about your good goy score
>using credit cards
>2016

you have to be as dumb as rocks to be taking out constant 6% interest loans just to pay your bills and buy shit.

use debit you dumb nigger.

I do mortgages and deal alot with people with shit credit. best thing to do is pay off all debt, have 2-3 credit cards and only put 1-5% on them a month and pay it off in full.

Its really only useful for buying a house or car. Got mine to 790, closed all but one card and just put a like 10$ purchase a month on it to keep it there and pay it off. Rest i pay in cash or just use debit card as credit card.

>Doesn't know how a CC works

>not having auto pay set to minimum amount

Credit karma app

I think it's less about the amount and more about the fact that you can't be relied upon to pay in time.

Set up an automatic payment for at least the minimum amount. In the UK we call this a Direct Debit; I'm not sure how exactly it works in the US but there must be something similar.

>use debit
I'd rather use credit and be safe faggot
Debit card goes in my sock drawer

You can buy cars and even houses just by saving user. It's not that hard. And, without paying for your life's big ticket items 2-3 times in interest you can leave a 10-20 million to your kids.

lol this retard.

unless you fucking make 6 figures and are living somewhere expense free for 5 years, you can't do any of that shit without credit

kill yourself

>unless you fucking make 6 figures and are living somewhere expense free for 5 years, you can't do any of that shit without credit
How out of touch with reality/poor are you lmao

have fun buying that place to live, faggot

>not taking advantage of benefits of good credit
Ya know how i know you're poor?

It doesn't hit your score till it's 30 days late. How did you go an entire month?

Ya'll are dumb as fuck. You use credit as leverage. You want to buy more rental properties? You need credit.

A person I am good friends with has 3.5 million in assets/equity but much more than that in mortgages on income generating property.

If you are not born rich, you need good credit to use as leverage to get ahead.

why pay with money when you can get 2% cash back on a cheap as fuck credit card? it's fucking free money

>Why don't poor people just buy more money?

closing lines of credit can hurt your score due to removal of long standing good credit lines. Just throw unused cards in a drawer or destroy them, but don't close them.

im with you on that, i've never felt the need to have a good credit score, if i can't afford it, i don't need it.
I invest just about everything until i have enough for a rental. I now have 3 rental propertys all paid for

There are two sides to interest
>the ones that pay interest
>the ones that collect interest

Id rather not leverage on anything and just collect interest

>poor people: use CCs, get into debt
>middle class plebs: use debit or cash because they don't believe in debt
>upper class: use CCs but pay them off every month, exploiting cashback, rewards, and sign-up bonuses along the way to building up an excellent credit history

this for real.

seriously just fucking pay it. capital one has an app you can pay your bill in 30 fucking seconds. Literally free money

This soo much. I've never understood why people just don't fucking pay off there bill every month.

Set up autopay you fucking retard faggot.

My dad has dealt with a lot of people who've made poor decisions in life. He swears some people think the whole point of a CC is to max it out, then make minimum payments for the rest of their lives.