Big 4

Anybody get any offers yet from the Big 4?

Other urls found in this thread:

theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/careers/how-an-ethnic-sounding-name-may-affect-the-job-hunt/article555082/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

4 offers from each of the big 4. pretty much my choice between CEO, admin assistant, SuperCEO, or owner at either place. Which position should I take and with which comp.?

I would leverage the offers to try and aim for a position in HR IMO.

Do you really need to go into an accounting firm to have a good accounting career?

Grad role at The Big D starting next year. In Risk Advisory service line. AMA. Will reply when I wake up.

No but got a summer internship at a midsize firm. Fuck the big 4, you make more $$ in midsize anyway

Just started 3 months ago at EY. Questions?

As a student or experienced hire?

I sell adderall to a washed up movie director who works for PWC

Debatable. Keep in mind that first years at Big-4 are literally suicide-tier.

Got hired right out of college.

Not at all

It may look good on a resume but at big 4 you're just another drone in the system that sits in his shitty cubicle being told what to do all day

Accepted a winter auditing internship at Big 4.

What am I in for? Other than slave tier working hours.

Old logo. Deloitte dropped all the blue colored text. I think the green dot's brighter too.

t. DT

People you hate, work you hate, office you hate, borderline slavery, the crippling desire to go into public accounting

first year working as a cadet for the next 4 years.

Everything seems nice atm

It's amazing how long it took EY to get a better logo. I mean, just look at this autistic shit.

This girl I want to fuck works at KPMG

What do I say to get her wet?

Tell her she has impressive deliverables.

in third year, 3.3 gpa, wageslave work history, no accounting related experience, no volunteering or any bullshit "leadership" resume fillers. how fucked am i?

>3.3 gpa
Not necessarily fatal
>wageslave work history
I got in with wageslave work history. The question is whether you able to twist words to sell your experience as something valuable.
>no accounting-related experience
Could be a disadvantage, but depends on whether your heart is set on accounting. Accounting experience isn't necessary to go into advisory for example.
>no volunteering or resume fillers
Make it up and just be prepared to bullshit convincingly if they ask you about it.
>how fucked am I?
Are you a convincing liar?

>I got in with wageslave work history. The question is whether you able to twist words to sell your experience as something valuable.
i occasionally do my work with other people so i can say its teamwork and leadership.

>Make it up and just be prepared to bullshit convincingly if they ask you about it.
they won't check with volunteer references? what if i say im the treasurer of some club at the school? they don't check at all?

>Are you a convincing liar?
i don't know

I'm not talking about claiming to have held a position (eg Treasurer of X society) when you in fact didn't. What I'm saying is that you can find some charity/volunteer organisations affiliated with your university, look up what events they have had in the past (eg fundraising, carnivals) and claim you participated in them and state what you learned from them. Even in the unlikely event that the big4 you're applying to looks up the organisation in question, it isn't really practical for them to investigate whether you really participated in the events you say you did, so they tend to take you at your word.

cool, i'll keep that in mind

eyyyyyyy lmao

Yep auditing got my offer for PwC 3 months ago

what kind of stuff do accounting interns at big 4 actually do?

Deloitte ERP & BI junior consultor here.

As always the thing is to stay just for 2-3 years. Another option is to stay for long which means being a dick sucker till reaching a well paid position in the firm, which at least in my case is not my preference, but it's another career path, yes.

What

I'm.. a millionaire? so why would I need an.. offer?

What's the pecking order for them? My dad has an opinion, but I'm curious what it's perceived to be.

Not an accountant.

>> use to work for D in revenue cycle management
>> Friends got offers in taxation and finance
>> D sold off RCM bizz due to conflict of interests
>> Been working in insurance underwriting ever since for a leading ins company in India
>> Moving to Canada in few months as PR have the paperwork
>> D won't call me for interview

What do I do to get into big 4

And Oh I'm Indian

Depends on the country and the arm. Like obviously audit is different to tax which is different to consulting.

Pwc is the most prestigious

KPMG is the "best work environment"

In Australia Deloitte had a rep for being the fastest growing. But as far as I know those claims are mostly unfounded

It's probably your race
In Australia there were rumours going around of interviewers and hr people throwing resumes in the trash if they had an Asian sounding name

theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/careers/how-an-ethnic-sounding-name-may-affect-the-job-hunt/article555082/

Lol at you losers who do nothing but sit in front of your desktops stealing neighbors wifi and make a big deal of isolated cases here and there.

Sure, everyone is racist in some way or the other but did your moronic faggot ass ever wonder how do many immigrants are working blue collar jobs and making a decent living ?

What?