/dag/+/bwg/ - Dragon Age & Bioware General #1009

Kiddos Edition

Previous: News:
>the BSN now is gone forever (but there's a backup somewhere so it's not really gone)
>Divinity Original Sin 2 is in Early Access (IT WILL HAVE WAIFUS EVENTUALLY)
>Tyranny out

Sales:
N/A

NOTE:
>We occasionally discuss other, smaller RPGs that don't have their own generals. This does not mean we are /wrpg/

Dragon Age Shit:
>Check THIS before asking questions:
pastebin.com/NtncZWPf
>DA:O Mods
pastebin.com/n4vGHHHd

>How do I import my save into DA:I?
>dragonagekeep.com
You can use this website to create your own DA World History by bringing over your choices from the previous games. You need an Origin account.

>Where is my Warden?
In their crib

>/dag/ (incomplete) Art Archive
dagnaart.imgur.com

>/dag/ booru
dagna.booru.org/index.php

>Help me /dag/+/bwg/, I want to get comfy!
youtube.com/watch?v=wnP_h8BWxKE

Friendly reminder that Tim Cain is a qt and was not a VP candidate

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xa5IzHhAdi4
twitter.com/BioMarkDarrah
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=Xa5IzHhAdi4
Watch this btw

Tyranny is bad but it's still better than PoE and the entire Dragon Age series.

Discuss.

Wrong (except the part about Tyranny being bad)

Right (except the part about it being better than Dragon Age)

Meredith did nothing wrong.

PoE is a great game, how is Tyranny better?

It's about on the level of DA:O if I were to be generous.

It's better than the rest(but that's not exactly an achievement)

So far? Better setting, more interesting shit to do in dialogues/interactions, marginally better characters.

On the negative it looks worse, and the combat feels worse, but it's been a while so I might have forgot how bad it really was in PoE.

Friendly reminder that DA4 is happening

>twitter.com/BioMarkDarrah

I doubt it will be the tactic game, that was just a poll I doubt they even thought about seriously making it. They wouldn't bother hyping people up so much for a thing like that after the ending of Trespasser.

Also the tower/chess thing is related to Inquisition: Solas and Bull play a game of mental chess (foreshadowing Fen'Harel vs Qunari and explaining Solas' logic) and his last non-romanced card is The Tower.

>Inquisitor's helmet and sword
>Kirkwall symbol
>Grey Warden's sword
>frosted glass depicting Andraste's death and apotheosis
>chesspiece with rook/tower
>fucking red book

The ex-Inquisitor, currently living in Kirkwall thanks to Varric's home and title, has to explore the northern part of Thedas, fix the Grey Wardens' shit and stop the Qunari from invading, while Fen'Harel plans his moves from backstage...?

So since you supposedly can be the bad guy in Tyranny, what's the worst thing you can actually personally do?

They hyped up the Keep which was just a fucking save editor, I wouldn't put it past them

>playing the inquisitor again
noooooooooooooooooooo.....

weapon focus was a mistake

Guys I'm playing Tyranny, but it's the third time I just turned the game off because I was about to head into combat, and the combat is painfully boring. Like, not hard, just long and tedious.

Should I just play on the story mode difficulty?

you may have adhd

Yeah it's boring. Problem is, the story alone isn't very good either. I hope you didn't buy it.

Do I have to BETRAY ALLIANCE to get me some spires and make myself ready to rip Kyros a new one?

If I had adhd I'd probably not be able to read through the wall of text conversations.
Of course I didn't bloody buy it. I'm not expecting much of the story, but I'm a big fan of Black Company and Malazan Book of the Fallen, and the setting of this game seems to draw heavily from at least one of those(and since the former inspired the latter, it's hard to tell which), so that's enough to keep me interested.

Plus, I gotta appreciate a game where I can just walk up to a woman who wronged me, punch her in the gut without saying anything, and have her reward me with a sword for not being a pushover.

>turn on story mode
>turn on fast mode
>set all 4 characters to AI
>post about Thom while the game plays itself

most fun path in tyranny?

>be a good guy to the guard
>dude gives me note to meet him
>before i meet him i go to the archons
>forced to pick a side
>the quest to meet the guard is gone

well im starting again

>he doesnt make multiple hard saves so he can back up
amateur

As someone who was pretty meh about DA2, is inquisition worth playing?

inquisition is better, so if you thought DA2 was just "meh" rather than utter crap you will enjoy inquisition.

Probably Vendrien Guard or unaligned, the two main factions railroad you hard in Act 2

Tunon!

All of them have good lore and worldbuilding, but Tyranny's combat is more fun than that in PoE and post-DAO dragon age
I'm not sure if I'd say the characters are better in Tyranny, sure, the important npcs actually have interesting personalities (unlike Thaos and lady Webb), but the companions are pretty static and one-note (especially Barik and Verse)
Dragon Age tactics...

You get the spires for yourself whatever you do

How much do the Dragon Age games build upon each other, narratively? I'm considering playing through the series, and I'd like to play all three games, but I kind of want to start with Inquisition. Would I miss out on much/spoil the previous games' stories by starting there?

It had s self-contained story, but tere are are a couple of storylines that are directly continuing from the previous games, and I imagine it must be pretty confusing to play DAI if you have no idea what's the deal with different factions and nations

>decide to pick up Tyranny because it looked like baldurs gate
>it does harken back to the gameplay of neverwinter and baldurs gate
>but at every single corner they remind you that in this universe men and women are equal
>all women have short or unconventional hair short on the sides so women don't get offended
>even when you look at the tooltips they say "even though its a brotherhood, it refers to sisters as well" as to not assume gender

I didn't know I bought one of the new dragon age games...

>"bought"

I keep seeing people complain about this and desu it just makes me want to get the game even more.

People who complain that they can't enjoy a game because "ALL" women have short hair (they don't but whatever) and because a member of a rebel faction is mean to you really aren't any different from sjws who cry about sexism everywhere

yeah I spent bandwidth on it what more do u want?

>Would I miss out on much/spoil the previous games' stories by starting there?
no
inquisition was designed to be a starting point and attract new players to the series, it's fine to play it first

>decide to pick up Tyranny because it looked like baldurs gate
Have you played Pillars of Eternity? It's a lot more BG-like than Tyranny is and it's the better of the two obsidian CRPGs in my opinion, especially after all the patches and content updates. It also doesn't really have that kind of political writing in it.

I hope the world will become less beta under trump

I want to play the DLCs but I have a digital deluxe edition, am I fucked? Do i really have to buy the GOTY edition?

hey!

You understand almost every leader-woman in this game can be beaten and killed? Even lesbians there are filthy greedy sluts, unlike gentle kawaii cis hetero men. And, no matter what, male Achrons + Cyrin rule the world. This game is a big bfto for sjw, but they're too busy with Trump to notice that.

>can be beaten and killed
Yeah that's how they make you believe it's okay

Just go back to jerking off to kawaii 100 year old alien virgins

You really need to stop trying to force this. It's embarrassing.

And you need to stop trying to force excuses for Tyranny being cancer

It's really sad how insecure you are.

>Going THAT route
Yeah never seen that before

Maybe the reason you see it so much is because it really is that painfully obvious to everyone.

I'm not saying people say it to me often, I see it so often because it's an easy way for people to derail a discussion they know they'll lose

>lol women amirite
>discussion

I won then? I know. Until next time

Are you actually this autistic?

Not as cancerful as you baby

>Another one of those
Just let it be, it's getting dull. It was already clear the first time that you have nothing of value to add. Just live in your little P.C. world of make believe if that is what you want

Why is it so easy to bait /dag/?
Either that or wait for a DLC sale

Why do you have to drag my kawaii virgin waifu into this, I just woke up...

>The rook standing on E3 didn't mean anything
Welp

Jesus the inventory system in Tyranny is fucking awful.

Who looks at something so shitty and thinks "yeah, that's good, let's go with that"?

He didn't do it on purpose, but I think he accidentally played himself with that. Either they are really going to show something (and it would be about time) and he accidentally revealed it without wanting it or now they will have to at least make a teaser trailer, since everyone is convinced or expect they will do it.

>Dragon Age tactics...

Why is everyone obsessed with this? One of the guys (the most weeaboo of the team btw) just made a poll on Twitter after talking about Fire Emblem and barely 100 people answered. They know no one really wants a game like that to complete the events foreshadowed in Trespasser.

laidlaw said he wants to improve sidequests and gameplay for the next game, so i doubt they are really working on a shitty tactical game no sjw would ever buy and that the rest of the fans would continously compare to fire emblem.

It wasn't even E3 to begin with but people thought it was, the angle was wrong though.

Didn't they also make polls for DA:I DLC things and everything in those polls really ended up in the DLCs?

Waifus with down's syndrome?

The fact that their early marketing has attributes from all games guarantees that it's going to be some sort of Heroes of Dragon Age-esque spinoff, not a proper sequel

I am 35 and have religiously played every Black Isle/Bioware/Obsidian crpg at launch since Baldur's Gate. Dragon Age 2 was bad, but I have no idea how anyone can play more than a few hours of inquisition. Path of Exile is significantly better, and that game was incredibly dry and linear.

>path of exile

fuck i mean pillars

Same.
DLC goes on sale infrequently, but it does happen. The GOTY edition has popped up a few times for only a little more than the cost of one dlc, so there is that.
Why does everyone here have to fucking write like this? Stop giving me issues determining identity. You make it hard to be nosey.

>write like this
Like what?

Is it just me or does she get cuter over time?

Awfully assumptive little fella there too.
And you told me I kept strange hours.
They've had the smaller, mobile style games before/during the rest of the previous DA games though, so it could happen.
Please Christmas, tell me you're not the pedofag.
Writing correctly capitalized sentences with generally good grammar and spelling, but sans any punctuation.

>I am 35
Daddy...

>tfw almost 30

When does growing up actually happen?

So cute :3

When you stop coming to Veeky Forums

That shouldn't be cute. But it is.

WHY?

It's not, you're damaged in the head

Have baby

W-what should I do?

When you realize that Loghain did nothing wrong
You know, people are usually attracted to those who are similar to them. It probably says something about you

Is that a mod to make her even uglier? I don't remember her looking THIS bad.

>You know, people are usually attracted to those who are similar to them. It probably says something about you
I'm a fat super-introvert. So I doubt that.

No makeup mod

>Is that a mod
No. No one has done that.

I hope they were at least consistent and removed Dorian's eyeliner too

Really looks like her VA

Long and bullshitty pseudo-philosophical explanations aside, it's whenever you let it happen. The meaning is different depending on who you are and where you're from.
It would be sexist, etc otherwise.
It doesn't look like Claudia Black at all.

>Ruining your life = Growing up
I'll pass

Totes young Claudia

Enjoy your lonely Christmases when you are 40, receiving pity invitations to your brothers family, with his two 20 year old sons that are both graduating from college who love him.

Enjoy your lonely 70s, where your seed dies and everyone you know is gone.

Literally nothing better than spending the summer at the beach with a 6 and 3 year old. I guess if I was a greasy NEET with a life that was already destroyed I would lose perspective on stuff like that too though, so you have my pity.

It's not ruining your life, just a massive change that you learn to work with and around to do things you enjoyed before. No one said shit was easy.
Totes not. Claudia Black looks like a super Jewess. Morrigan's features aren't hawkish.

This post made me feel bad for rejecting a potential bf
>a massive change that you learn to work with and around to do things you enjoyed before
One of my friends can no longer do her job (simultaneous interpretating) because her short term memory really suffered after giving birth for some reason. It might have to do with raising two kids, but it's still kind of scary how it can have unpredictable consequences on your body
>video games

I have a brother? And family members that don't hate each other too much to celebrate something together? Since when??
If you need to tell yourself that shit to believe having kids was/is a good idea, then do that. But don't force that on others.

Sounds like your life is already ruined, and a loving daughter to take care of you would only improve your lot.

I have no desire to bore myself to death on family gatherings, why would that ruin anything?
Your understanding of what happiness has to be is really bland.

The pleasures of home and hearth are well attested to in human experience through prose and verse. No man is an Island, and your existential nihilism, has made you sub-human.

Wow. I don't have enough hats to tip at this.

No doubt, I am sure your reeking cave is filled with fedoras with the lining stained yellow from an unwashed filthy body. Whereas I live in contentment with family and friends.