/hg/ - Halo General

Full Scale Replica edition

>The Anvil's Legacy Update and Halo 5: Forge are live! They include the following:
- Forge and custom game multiplayer on Windows 10, featuring every Halo 5 map, keyboard/mouse support, increased resolution up to 4K, and 22 exclusive achievements for 1000 Gamerscore
- Forge content browser
- 1 new arena map (Haven Remake)
- 1 new warzone assault map
- New reqs, including hunter cannons and the tactical magnum
- All req items unlocked for forge

>Important Halo Links, Notes etc.
pastebin.com/DpwtNzmu (embed)
>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/halo-5-maintenance-update

>343 Industries comments on Halo 5 turning 1 years old and what's in the game's future
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/guardians-gratitude-halo-5-s-first-year

>The Infection Playlist has been updated with improved maps and game modes
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/halloween-infection-refresh

>Spartan Companies
Xbox One:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general
Windows 10:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halogeneral pc
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halogeneral w10

>Looking for custom games/campaign co-op players/matchmaking squads
halolfg.com
halocustoms.com
halolobbies.com
Watch the threads for occasional party squads

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

>Extended Universe Downloads
mega.nz/#F!OFFSkSrb!6P9FqreveGbbwh_No1qHZA

>Submit bungie Halo clips to Sweaty Towels for the 5th /hg/tage! (no Halo 5 clips)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sh3KQb9dU4c
youtube.com/watch?v=fofX-OITWMw
youtube.com/watch?v=Bj0swJRlm5g
artstation.com/artwork/vyvDd
halopedia.org/Nathan_Walpole
youtube.com/watch?v=LweveDXYy1k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You are currently browsing /hg/ thread #249.
The featured map is "Abandon"

>Previous threads since numbering began:
#248 - Cool Clubs #247 - Down but not Out #246 - No New Content
#245 - Forge is Hard
#244 - Haloween
#243 - Halo 5's 1st Birthday
#242 -
#241 - Give Us A Hornet
#240 - Promethean Skulls
#239 - Hotpockets
#238 - Think of Your Own Vehicle/Weapon
#237 - Yes Let's
#236 - Let's Not
#235 - Breakout 2.0
#234 - Parting Ways
#233 - Horizon
#232 - Place Your Bets II
#231 - Pay2Win
#230 - Belated Birthday
#229 - Covie Slayer
#228 - Lazy Fucks
#227 - Enter at Own Risk
#226 - Big Team Refresh
#225 - Shenanigans
#224 - Reach's 6th Birthday
#223 - Logo
#222 - A Tale of Two Companies
#221 - Old Game, New Tricks
#220 - Forge
#219 - Anvil's Legacy
#218 - Build a PC
#217 - Last Chance to Prepare
#216 - Xbox General
#215 - Variety is the Spice of Life
#214 - Vroom Vroom
#213 - The Halo Cycle
#212 - Reach
#211 - Fuck Veggies
#210 - Personal Hell
#209 - Place Your Bets
#208 - Graphs and Ratings
#207 - More DLC
#206 - 10,000 Hours in MS Paint
#205 - Energy Sword > Gravity Hammer
#204 - Gravity Hammer > Energy Sword
#203 - One General, Company, People
#202 - Achievement Unlocked
#201 - Facebook Steals Our Memes
#200 - Milestone
#199 - Free For All
#198 - Under Cover of Night
#197 - Prepare to Drop
#196 - Hexagons are Real
#195 - Spartans Never Die
#194 - Halo 4 is Technically a Halo Game
#193 - Never Trust a Hinge Head
#192 - In Remembrance of the Beta
#191 - Were It So Easy
#190 - Master Chief's Bizzare Adventure
#189 - Arby Had a Hard Life
#188 - RIP Jul
#187 - Smart A.I. was a Mistake
#186 - Our True Cause
#185 - Black Undersuit
#184 - Heretic Hunt
#183 - Master Chef
#182 - Take the Cruiser Back
#181 - What Were They Thinking
#180 - What About That Stupid Cloak
#179 - Parasite's Cove
#178 - We Numbered Now

BPR > Plasma

>thread #250 imminent

Storm Rifle > BPR > Plasma

Probably the worst halo 4 launch map

Best map for Regicide tbqh

i'm ready

It had cool aesthetics but ultimately ruined by 343's obsession with their boring bland ass white wall square human buildings

CoD and even titanfall are adopting the exact same fucking style for their "space colony" type buildings as well

Too many games are doing this with their futuristic housing pod art style.

It looks like shit straight out of Mass Effect.

To be fair, that was a mining colony

Halo should have remained with its iconic style rather than trying to follow "natural progression and realism" type shit.

Is it more realistic for spartans to not be wearing giant metal diapers around their waist? Yea.

Does it look worse though? Yes.

Pretty sure almost everything in ME looks like that

This guy knows what's up

JUST

Lots of the new shit looks bad because they outsource a lot of it.

Instead of having an internal team with a clear vision for what they want things to look like, they just hire artists and modelers to create "Sci fi building" or "Sci-fi armor sets" with probably very little guidelines

>reach still looks the best, with Combat Edition coming as a second

Alot probably also stems from them just straight-up not understanding the style in the first place.

Many of the designs would be greatly improved by moving the shoulderpads a little higher and adding a "standard" form of diaper. One of the things that 343 never seemed to get was that the old armor variants were variants of the Mark VI base system and the Mark V[B] in Reach, sharing things like legs, arm guard, and a back. It made it all very uniform and helped even some of the dumber looks stick with the rest.

Reach is worst along with 4.

THE /HG/TAGE IV: BUNGIE EDITION is currently accepting clips from these games.
>Halo: Combat Evolved/Anniversary/SPV3
>Halo 2/Anniversary/Vista
>Halo 3/ODST/Firefight
>Halo Wars
>Halo: Reach
>Halo: The Master Chief Collection (excluding Halo 4/Spartan Ops)

If you'd like to submit a clip, either reply to this post with the xboxdvr/thehostyouuse link or message that link to my account on waypoint. Use the past community’tages as a reference on what to submit. I’ll be looking for casual and competitive clips from the multiplayer and the campaign.

youtube.com/watch?v=sh3KQb9dU4c
youtube.com/watch?v=fofX-OITWMw
youtube.com/watch?v=Bj0swJRlm5g

If anyone needs me to record their clips from Halo 3 on the 360 then let me know. I'll be keeping my 360 with me for the next few weeks. if anyone wants to get achievements together on any 360era Halo then let me know, I have them all.

If you have any questions post them in reply to me or message "Sweaty Towels" on waypoint.

Colored vs black undersuits

Funny you mention that; Benjamin Giraud or LateNightGaming did a video about the undersuits just the other day

If you like Reach you support Hillary Clinton.

...Okay?

It's been a topic in the community since halo 4

tomorrow's my 21st birthday and Halo's turning 15

kinda crazy how the time just swept on by

i remember when ce first came out and everyone wanted to go to the house of the kid that had the xbox and we'd all sit around waiting for our chance

the art, the music, the colors, the characters, the dialogue, the architecture, the religious aspects, the competition, xbox live, the fun of it all... halo was something

i'm studying machine learning/data analysis now, hoping to go into research when i'm done
you know why? because cortana's always been the little voice in my head

i think a lot of my appreciation for beauty in general came from these games

man, it's been a hell of a ride

polite sage

underage

21 is underage? I'm only 18.

Yes, I was 3 when halo CE released. I still played it and 2 when I was a bit older, as well as 3 in 2007. (but not online, I wasn't one of those annoying sqeaker kids thankfully.)

posting age is 18

I want normies to leave

I'm aware but I think the average /hg/ member is around early-mid 20's ish so I feel like a little child even if it's only a few years difference

Once you get into your 20s nobody cares how old you are, especially if you're a guy. A healthy 28 year old can lie about his age and say he's 21 and everyone will believe him.

Women can't get away with this unless they're complete fitness nuts. Otherwise they hit a wall around 24

Can confirm.
I used to be a fat slob. Stopped getting carded at 23.
Started running and lifting, eating right, and shaving more often, and now I get carded all the time even though I'm 29.

>tfw 20
>ask for root beer at a restaurant
>they always mistake it for regular beer
Y- you too

Root beer is a goat-tier drink and I want an actual alcoholic version of it

I'm currently drinking some MUG rootbeer with Evan Williams bourbon in it
try it sometime

>once you get into your 20s
been getting mistaken for an adult since I was 15 or 16
them old man genetics

Didn't Johnson say Cairo Station can put a round clean through a Covenant Capital Ship? Is that what the Xbox Huge one is?

They have hard root beer.
Not Your Father's is the absolute best.

Pretty sure, which makes Cairo Station pretty dank

Top-tier taste

Ok buddies. I know this may be hard for some. But

>Favorite mission from EACH Halo game

>Least favorite from EACH Halo game

And yes. All. Only two per game. Regardless of how many missions you love or hate.

Go!

Halo
Best: Truth and reconciliation
Least: Keyes

Halo 2
Best: Delta Halo
Least: Sacret Icon

Halo3
Best: The Ark
Least: Cortana

ODST
Best: Coastal Highway
Least: Data Hive

Halo 4
Best: Infinity
Least: Midnight

Halo5
Best: Battle of Sunion (spelling sorry)
Least: Guardians

Your list makes me think two things
1) You don't like being locked in a diamond-shaped room with a ton of knights
2) You didn't Remember Reach

Halo
Fav: The Silent Cartographer
Least: The Library

Halo 2
Fav: Uprising
Least: Oracle

Halo 3
Fav: The Covenant
Least: Floodgate

ODST
Fav: Coastal Highway
Least: Data Hive

Reach
Favorite: Breaking the disc infront of my mom who bought it
Least: Having to hear my parents whine

Favorite: MUH 2 SCARABS!!!

Least favorite: literally all of halo 5 it's 0/10 steaming garbage of the century

>H2A elites
Literal perfection
>343 Elites
tfw you get spit or a tooth in your eye

lmao2scrab

two scarabs

i repeat

two scarabs

>you live on the same fucking planet in this universe as absolute plebian mongoloid retards who actually enjoy any aspect of Halo 4

Halo is my favorite series.

Halo 4 is my least favorite game I've ever played.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion

Bros 4 life

Chief and arby and blue team together in halo 6? Fuck yea

Favorite:
>CE: The Silent Cartographer
>H2: Delta Halo
>H3: The Covenant
>ODST: NMPD HQ
>Reach: Exodus
>H4: Infinity
>H5: Battle of Sunaion

Least Favorite:
>CE: The Library
>H2: Regret
>H3: Cortana
>ODST: Data Hive
>Reach: ONI Sword Base
>H4: Midnight
>H5: The Breaking

Fuck yeah for large battles, Fuck you for flood levels and levels with large amounts of shitty enemies (Drones, Wardens, Flood)

two sperm

>inb4 Arbiter's species gets retconned for a fourth time

Nah they will keep using their shitty new models and keep calling it "just a subspecies and not representative of actual lore"

It really pisses me off how they do that. Until both variants of a species are represented ingame, it is functionally just a redesign, no matter what they say it is.

/v/ is literally r.eddit

I regret entering a halo thread there. This must be what being triggered feels like.

I don't like H2A Elite's teeth

>Carter isnt voltage
>Kat isnt whiteout
Whats the point

you can't expect everyone to read the books. Especially now that the lore has gone to shit

Well, I like some of the soundtrack, and the Ranger and Zealot Elite armors, plus a few of the Forerunner weapon designs. Solace was a pretty map too, and though the armor as armor needed work, there were a good handful of decent ones. Dominion could be fun. And Cortana looked alright.

Off the top of my head, anyway.

but he's right

OK, fine, I recede.

Solace is the singular good thing about halo 4. In terms of aesthetics and art design. It deserves to be in a better game.

>kill Rookie
>make Cortana into a villain
>now Noble 6 will be a villain in the eyes of history
T-thanks, Kiki.

Hah, it wasn't even made by 343. Halo 5 is the only game where they made all the maps themselves.

Thats a pretty good spoiler user

user, I wasn't going to say anything since the first guy just said "Halo 4."
While you are correct and your thoughts about that are correct, this isn't the time for that.

artstation.com/artwork/vyvDd

Pretty interesting, Bungie were at one point planing to show Master Chief pulling anime tier Superhuman abilities and they also were planing to give Chief the ability to use a thruster pack and clambering.

>one guy making animations, that don't even show when the animations are from, is somehow "Bungie making plans to do this for real guis"

I'll say whatever I like.

This animation was made by Nathan Walpole, who was an animator that worked for Bungie from Halo 2 to 2008 where he joined 343 and then left 343 in 2010.

halopedia.org/Nathan_Walpole

Could've been cool but I'm not a fan of most of those. They were cut for a reason.

Yet 343 brings them back. :/

And that disproves anything I said how?

>Guy from Bungie showing off animation reels of Halo 2 and 3 literally showing at one point they were thinking about showing Spartans unique abilities
Son

>animation reels of Halo 2 and 3
Yeah, I sure remember that part where Bungie planned to have a turncoat psychic marine. And it's so important because it's the first thing he shows!

That was Halo 4, I guess you didn't read the part of him leaving Bungie in 08 to join 343 until 2010 on Halopedia did you?

>Halo 3 marine armor
>Halo 3 scout helmet
>Halo 3 Foundry door
>Halo 4
Stop posting when you know nothing.

343 used Halo 3's engine to prototype Halo 4, just because you want ignore the fact that 343 are using Bungie's dropped ideas for Halo doesn't change the fact that it at one point happened.

youtube.com/watch?v=LweveDXYy1k

>"this footage was totally all planned content for halo 2 and 3 guys!"
>"except this part over here that proves me fucking wrong!"

>I'm a Bungie faggot who believes Bungie can do know wrong, no way they could have come up with ideas that are now in 343's Halo, even though all this shit was in the books prier

*no

>posts "proof that Halo 2 and 3 had these cut concepts"
See the first reply, I don't care how great or dumb the ideas might be. You're making several claims you can never back up and have already contracted in your own argument.

Proofs in the video numb nuts, several of those animations actually made it into the games, Halo 3 marine run, Master Chief high jacking banshees, Master Chief getting in a warthog the same way he did in Halo 2 and 3, Master Chief punching a tank, these are things that did make it into Halo 2 and 3. The video was from Nathan who made the animation reel back 2012.

>Proofs in the video numb nuts
I wasn't aware that the psychic marine was a timestamped video that had meetings to sit down and discuss this plot point about how it was planned for eight months, then scrapped before Don Mattrick ran Marty's father through the chest with a sword.
I mean, there's as much proof as that claim in the video as there is about yours.

You're doing a good job proving that Bungiefags can't read. Maybe you read the rest of my post before letting your shit leak from your mouth.

>bungiefags
>343fags

Calling anyone this is equally dumb. We're all just halo fans here. He's an idiot or a shitposter, or both.

I already read your post. There was nothing of value in it. You still have yet to prove your claim that Chief jumping fifty feet was a planned feature because some guy sat down at his desk and did that one animation on his lunch break, and you then also have to prove that he did that when he was working on 3 and not on the "Halo 3 engine prototype of Halo 4" that you mentioned.

I'm not planing to waste my time arguing with him any longer he can believe whatever the hell he wants to believe. I just found it interesting that Bungie had similar ideas in the past, not trying to jump on their case and defend 343 or anything I just thought it was pretty cool.

>that Bungie had similar ideas in the past
ANd here's the problem: Bungie never had that idea. Assuming it was even made when he was at Bungie, only he had that idea. He's not a company, stupid.

Why would they pay him to make up animations on his own?

They tell him what to make.

(You)