/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Thaumcraft is a meme mod Edition

Last thread: →→

We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.minecraftuser.jp/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=31081
mega.nz/#!HQcUDYzY!KPZcvXRZElzXyy7gH9NGTexbI65W24xXTVRo0eqULLc
time.com/4568843/minecraft-exploration-update-jens-bergensten-interview/
chunky.llbit.se/
reddit.com/r/chunky/
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2761225-valkyrien-warfare-airships-physics-subworlds-and
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for TCs tech part should be a separate part from the magic one, like different modules that can go together.

LET /mcg/ DIE IN PEACE, YOU FAGGOT, HOMOSEXUAL, OP, COCKSUCKER!

>unzips hoboserb

Chinga tu puta madre we.

Verte a la mona de su madre indio sucio!

A L A V E R G A
Mejor me voy a ver a la mona de mi madre :^)

Aun quiero un hilo 5lombianos del sur aka chilenos.

>Implayin que soy chileno
Tacos we

10th for magitech master race

>we[ón]
>no es chileno pero chilango
greit veit meit

>come back after a long break
>mfw

Et omnes idioti

pssst. Post builds.

Gladium meum succa. Mater tua meretrix lupaque est, paedicator.

>chilango
No soy naco wey y te lo compruebo: las quesadillas SIEMPRE van con queso.

consequence of faggot modders refusing to document shit is that faggots aiming to get retards praising them use HQM as a manual for mods.

forum.minecraftuser.jp/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=31081

The fuck am I looking at
What does it do.

So I decided to scrap littlemaidmob from the last thread and I think my server is gonna have way too many fucking mods.

Please rate. I'm not using FTB or anything because I can't be bothered to fuck around with more than just forge and I remember shit being awful with tekkit. Making sure the server has the appropriate configs is pretty much as simple as building the new one using my client's configs

I'd personally rather be rid of the Chocobos but people want their dumb shitter birds.

little maids is kind of redundant with bote girls
is edfmod what i think it is?

It adds giant fucking bugs and UFOs. A lot of the Fencer equipment is broken but the rest works well on multiplayer.

The code seems to be pretty much copypaste from Flansmod Mosbox content pack, too. Probably the same Japanese dude. It's not bad

Also yeah, Boats: Kick ass, tell time. Can't do automated tasks. Thaumcraft and Thaumic Tinkerer add levels of Golemancy/automation so I don't need to worry about it..

>play terrafirmacraft
>have fun up until i have to look for copper
>completely lose motivation to play

>that view
How the fuck is anyone supposed to help you if you don't post a list, fuck me, the bugger would you put it in that format for?
>psychedelicraft
DUDE WEED
>journeymap
Replace it with a less shitty one, like voxel.
>mek tools
You're using tcon, it isn't really needed.
Also, it will spam very strong zombies and skeletons wearing mek gear, which is both overly strong, and very much inventory bloat.
Also make sure to disable baby skeletons in mek normal configs.
>twilightforest
RIP

Get admin command toolbox at least, will help with twilight forest being serb killing cunt.

Oh shit it really is, link please.
Edf is such a fun game to veg out with your bros.

Jeb interviewed:

>And Minecraft is not very good at that [edition for map making], because it can only interact with one block at a time. For it to be a proper editor, we’d want you to be able to build things faster. Again, there are mods to do that. But for the core game, I feel it’s very important to keep it at one block interaction.

>The main reason is that I want to encourage cooperation and playing together. If you build something with someone else, you can build it faster. And secondly, if you only can place one block at a time, it’s very easy for someone else to understand what you’re trying to achieve.

So, basically: we can't have features in singleplayer because we're "encouraged" to go multiplayer instead? "NICE". Might as well do a MMORPG.

>if you only can place one block at a time, it’s very easy for someone else to understand what you’re trying to achieve
Has this motherfucker ever BEEN in a multiplayer server?

>tfw you finally find copper
>also found Tin during the process

>but you can't progress past bronze unless you find both kaolinite and graphite as well as a large enough vein of Iron

>If you want steel you also need flux, which only comes from 3 rock types only one of which spawns in the surface or a rare as fuck mineral

Some people somehow think that """realism""" is the same as immersion.

>Google Translating Latin

STOP

>Was just playing vanilla earlier
>Placing one block summarizes minutes of typing and communication in design
What's so hard about that?

is the block a sign that explains what you're going to build?

Already went through the configs to disable everything Mektools. One shitter threatens to remove me if I remove it and honestly I'm kinda whipped there.

What's bad about Twilight Forest, anyways?

Alright, it's easier for me to mirror on Mega since I completely forgot where I got it or what the rights were, but I'm pretty sure it's on the JP site.
mega.nz/#!HQcUDYzY!KPZcvXRZElzXyy7gH9NGTexbI65W24xXTVRo0eqULLc

It's a bit worse than that.

>Regarding starting over and making a sequel, I look at Minecraft as somewhat like an online roleplaying game, even though you play locally.
I'll leave the link so you guys can see it in context, but basically, he outright admits he sees Minecraft as a MMO. Now check how most if not all of his features have been straying more and more from the "building voxel" game into the RPG territory.

>implying GT would use Roman slang as gladius for dick

It fucking kills your performance the second anyone enters it because the server has to run two simultaneous dimensions.

>toaster toasts two slices of bread at a time
>server can only handle one dimension

fug

If I had to hazard a guess, it would be because of how complex worldgen in TF is, with the bosses and all that shit.
Or it could be the creator is a retard who doesn't know how to optimize shit.
Point being, even existing in the tf is death to servers.

Not really this, nether and shit don't kill serbs nearly as badly.

I'm also running Erebus, Extrautilities adds two, Fossils adds one, warpdrive adds two, Thaumcraft adds one, and Caveworld adds FIVE.

I've not really had performance issues outside of the caveworld one, and even then it's a fucking coding miracle that manages to have compatibility for anything I've ever added.

Thanks senpai.

Are there soldiers that follow you into battle singing songs as well?

You can spawn soldiers with eggs from what I know, but they're all pretty shitty.

Also a bug I forgot is if you run this mod, you'll hear Wing Diver's low energy warning whenever you start up.

Is there any fun mod that adds guns and isnt just a Kitchen Sink? I want to manufacture some weaponry.

Flan's mod, use that as a base and add the various content packs, be aware they vary greatly in quality. I think I was using DC's gun pack a while ago because it had iron sights and 3D models. Look for something similar

>Direwolf 1.10 pack

At 75 mods it actually runs pretty smooth and doesn't take nearly as long to load as literally all other 1.10 packs in the curse launcher.

I'm actually surprised by this. 9x9wolf usually plays the most bloat packs ever.
It doesn't have Gendustry but I guess I can add it on my own

the weapon packs of Guerilla vs. Commando

>kaolinite and graphite
you don't need those to get iron
the fuck you going on about
and
>flux
>rare
I have more trouble finding building material than I do flux

it only makes sense if someone is watching you prepare your build (like with colored wool or something) and you're explaining to them

On the other hand,
>both AE2 and RS
>Bagginses, Iron Backpacks and Forestry

>he actually plays TFC
I must've misread the tfc wiki back when I tried getting into it. It said something about needing those in order to get iron bloom and blast furnace or something.

I sometimes have a hard time thinking of the FTB people as anything other than 15 year olds .

>>If you want steel you also need flux, which only comes from 3 rock types only one of which spawns in the surface or a rare as fuck mineral
>mfw I first started I built my house on top of said material without even knowing
>mfw practically several hundred blocks in either direction consists of this mineral

Is there a mod that nerfs down hunger in anyway?

I miss eating to heal rather than scarfing 4 steaks because I ran a little.

I bought Minecraft a few weeks ago and single player was pretty chill
Then a friend set up a server and we played on that for a while
Now the server's gone and my single player world feels like shit
I've started looking at mods and it just feels like a giant mess
What do I do, /mcg/?

>learn how to into intuition so you don't need to be spoonfed
>no, seriously, learn how to suss shit out for yourself without people straight up telling you, that shit gets really annoying
>also learn to read wikis
>maybe join hoboserb or something

I've been reading. Mod documentation is awful. It can be anything from halfhearted entries on the FTB wiki down to a single two-year-old screenshot. The worst is "just read the manual item in game :^)"
Mostly I end up playing the game with the mods to find out what they do which I guess is fine?
I don't know why I'm here.

Mod documentation is awful for tech mods.
Magic mods always have ingame manuals, and besides a few thaumcraft addons made by tards, they're well written and comprehensive, no one really needs info for them.

Most tech mods these days describe what things do in a combination of NEI, and holding shift over said thing.

All tech mods have same root ideas, stemming from a mix of old IC2, buildcraft and redpower 2, and a little bit of equivalent exchange, IE tekkit classic.
If you actually want to learn how tech mods work, play tekkit classic.
Maybe watch some old jewtube vids on it if you're adhd and can only learn shit that way.
Otherwise just have a fiddle.

Joining hoboserb is also an option.

I remade the Crystal pulse cavern.
Basically I just added spikes, a waterfall and more varied jumping puzzles and traps because I like being a cunt.

Modded 1.11 will be ready by the end of the week.

Say goodbye to 1.10 mods already.

But I never said hello to them.

>1.10

I never left 1.7.10 mane

>getting some FPS lag while I'm looking in the direction of my LP crafting setup
>tear it all down
>lag continues
>tear the storage and the rest of my logipipes down
>lag continues
>look the other direction
>lag disappears
>look back
>lag comes back
I think I just accidentally set shop up in a cursed chunk or something geez

I only have 20 GB of RAM. modded 1.11 would be impossible on my specs

This is why I stayed on 1.6.4.
>tfw when your 1.6.4 build crashes on world gen and you're frantically finding out which mod did it

multiplayer building is cancer, you try building someone with someone else and you'll get a fucking retarded looking patchwork build
hell, you'll be luck if the faggot you're building with actually knows how to make anything but cubes

bullshit, this pitiful excuse is just a way for them to say "we don't know the technical know-how to do this or even design this", as is classical of Mojang

I'll start postin some builds!
This one I finished for Halloween. It's not yet finished inside...

Hunger strike

>it's a "rare npc that only spawns in a rare structure" episode

>I finished
>It's not yet finished

I havent been keeping up since 9months, anything new?

mojang finally added a modding API

Halloween house I redid for my old chunkwordl map. More incoming...

Calm down user. I meant to say it's not 'furnished' inside. Just emty halls for now.

Improved Greco-Roman Temple

Improved Roman Forum

Improved Hanging Gardens

Relaxing under the garden...

How do you do those beautiful renders?

>make a modpack
>finally decide to forego using a cheaty minimaps and use regular mapping instead
>fucking thing is visible at all times but also won't fill itself in unless you're holding it
>can't see holes in the ground literally in front of me because the fucking map is in the way
>can't look down without the whole screen becoming obstructed
WHO THE FUCK DESIGNED THIS SHIT

notch

>rarely check out hoboserb anymore
>shitpost on the pad
Homo, why you change the ssh password? it was perfect :^)

chunky.llbit.se/

The reddit page became quite popular over the past months:
reddit.com/r/chunky/

Hey faggots, look what is released for public testing.
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2761225-valkyrien-warfare-airships-physics-subworlds-and

>want to play ftb or something

>remember I have no motivation to solo build alone

my computer crashed just looking at those gifs with physics

It uses subworlds nigga, which means hardly any lag. Educate yourself before you open your stupid mouth next time.

Damn, that shit is ancient, I remember Aerith hosting float for /v/ and rendering our houses with that.

>tfw moo and cow played with us back then
>we'd bug the generation to get to the actual world for supplies
fun times

Go play on one of the Veeky Forums servers in Op's serverlist. Despite it being >Veeky Forums the servers are usually pretty good, well maintained, filled with helpful bro's and plenty of people to autism with. Try something like Hobo's server. It's actually pretty rare for dick bag griefers to show up.

Calm down you fucking shill.

Looks pretty cool

post mobs that make you froth at the mouth in anger

>Enough armor that getting hit does no damage
>still get poisoned enough that I go to half a heart
Thanks notch

What does this enchantment do, and what mod is it from?

Java version will die.

He also comments on how broken Minecraft physics are, being why they've never made proper bosses or anything.

Babby zombies
>Faster than regular zombie
>Smaller hitbox than regular zombie
>Doesn't burn in sunlight like a regular zombie

SO R4NDUM XD

it's from one of the thaum addons (i think it's bases) and it makes enemies drop more orbs

people still play ace of spades classic, no? you can't kill a version, people will sill find ways to play and mod the version they like

>But ultimately, at some point in the future, we’ll need to draw a line in the sand and say “This is the game.” And then we’ll focus on the more modern consoles.
>And then we’ll focus on the more modern consoles.
>focus on consoles.

i want to scream but i wasted the most fitting reaction image i have on

Is there a mod that removes the mercy invulnerability time on DoT effects like poison, wither and fire?
It's getting really annoying that every fire aspect sword is instantly turned to trash or animal killing fodder.

first thing I fix when creating a pack
edit config/forge.cfg, set babyZombieChance to 0
and zombieBaseSummonChance too, while I'm at it

Do you mean that thing that leaves you half of heart, but don't kill you?
If it so, check the sprinkles_for_vanilla or play in hardcore mode.

Gib the old render, new one is gpueater incarnate.

>Do you mean that thing that leaves you half of heart, but don't kill you?
No, because that only happens with poison, fire or withering can still kill you.
I mean that shitty thing that prevents you from hitting mobs for 10 damage because during that half-second you struck the mob he was too busy taking 0.5 damage from burning, and since you didn't hit him, you also didn't knock him back, so now you've also taken damage.